Micro 1053: DmangwGBiaf [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 460, Yeet wrote:
In post 436, Save The Dragons wrote:i think rean looks bad too imo
Why does Rean look bad?
In post 437, Save The Dragons wrote:maybe i need to reassess i kinda feel like yeet is town but if yeet is not then that changes things
Why do you "maybe need to reassess" for me
i feel like people's response to your catchup isn't genuine but maybe i'm wrong. i'm coming from the mindset that you are town and seeing who is like "oh this catchup sucks" instead of like "it's fine" which i think or even "here's my problem with your catchup." i feel like rean (and norwee for that matter) falls in the first camp which looks like he's trying to shade you.

as for your second question i think that people were prematurely scumreading you in absentia while i was prematurely townreading you during that period and there's definitely the possibility i'm just wrong about you and you are scum and i need to assess for that and think about that as well and how that affects things, i think that makes the "oh this catchup sucks" people look less bad if you are scum
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

StD is town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:16 pm

*blushes* stop guys you're gonna get my nightkilled *blushes*
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:19 pm

does any one else think that bugspray might be more invested if they were scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:19 pm

i dunno if that's true i'm just curious if there are reasons not to just get rid of bugspray right now
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 528, Save The Dragons wrote:does any one else think that bugspray might be more invested if they were scum
Maybe a tiny bit
When I was scum with them it was a bit of an ordeal to get them to do stuff beyond coasting
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 477, Aristeia wrote:to put it more simply:

I'm scumreading the gap in your enthusiasm between the games we played together[where you were town] and this game.

Faking a townmindset/solving as scum is not
fun
for a lot of people so they tend to not do it.

When I played previously with you - both times you were very enthusiastic in solving during the early game and I felt quite good about slotting you as town.

Here you just feel like you didn't really show up to play and then when put to e-1 you did a "Catchup" that felt more like someone who had to produce some homework they procrastinated on for too long than someone actually trying to communicate their mindset.
I take it you know who their main is? What gave it away for you?
(Btw, i don’t really know)
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Gotta say, something about Yeet’s posting is making my skin crawl.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 484, koopashell wrote:bruh yeet is so blatant lol

has no time to go through the game has time to make defensive statements
all they wanna share is how much they "totally can't be scum" here with no solvy energy.

kill it pleaae and ty.
Yeah it’s just so survivalistic.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And they r like: "ok back to voting Norwe" without really explaining why anything makes me scum?

- Bunno
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 531, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 477, Aristeia wrote:to put it more simply:

I'm scumreading the gap in your enthusiasm between the games we played together[where you were town] and this game.

Faking a townmindset/solving as scum is not
fun
for a lot of people so they tend to not do it.

When I played previously with you - both times you were very enthusiastic in solving during the early game and I felt quite good about slotting you as town.

Here you just feel like you didn't really show up to play and then when put to e-1 you did a "Catchup" that felt more like someone who had to produce some homework they procrastinated on for too long than someone actually trying to communicate their mindset.
I take it you know who their main is? What gave it away for you?
(Btw, i don’t really know)
I have no idea what yeet's main is, I'm just going off the two games I played with them
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He or They

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Instructor Rean »

In post 457, Yeet wrote:
In post 450, Instructor Rean wrote:I am wondering why people are ignoring you and saying you should be listened to? That’s like opposite of shade?
Why do you think koopa should be listened to exactly?
Because right now I think they’re following their town self except for post activity.
I think if they’re in control I can sort them based on how they push someone.

I think their scum premeditated pushes might give something away and I think their town so no risk in seeing what they do with that control.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 525, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 460, Yeet wrote:
In post 436, Save The Dragons wrote:i think rean looks bad too imo
Why does Rean look bad?
In post 437, Save The Dragons wrote:maybe i need to reassess i kinda feel like yeet is town but if yeet is not then that changes things
Why do you "maybe need to reassess" for me
i feel like people's response to your catchup isn't genuine but maybe i'm wrong. i'm coming from the mindset that you are town and seeing who is like "oh this catchup sucks" instead of like "it's fine" which i think or even "here's my problem with your catchup." i feel like rean (and norwee for that matter) falls in the first camp which looks like he's trying to shade you.

as for your second question i think that people were prematurely scumreading you in absentia while i was prematurely townreading you during that period and there's definitely the possibility i'm just wrong about you and you are scum and i need to assess for that and think about that as well and how that affects things, i think that makes the "oh this catchup sucks" people look less bad if you are scum
Ok well you expected wrong. I don’t like the catchup and i’m town.

- Bunno
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 pm

In post 463, Yeet wrote:
In post 453, koopashell wrote:oh rofl

usually when i personally say that it is to bring attention to a slot i think needs more scrutiny.
FTR, I was also confused in the same way you were.
Do I just not English good?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I can try to turn my messy thoughts into intelligble words once i’m not phone posting and wake up tommorow.

- Bunno
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm

In post 462, Yeet wrote:
In post 419, Aristeia wrote:when you say you are scumreading me for lack of aggression - can you be more specific about what type of aggression you think is missing from the thread from me?

for example what exactly do you think Town!me would've done so far this game that in your opinion scum!me hasn't done?
Uh again my answer is gonna be pretty general here, I don't really have anything specific for you at this moment. I play very much in-the moment. But I expect you to be pushing people and lines of questioning and getting intense which I don't see much of. Perhaps it is simply too early, but I definitely don't see why people are townreading you, at the very least.

In isolation I don't really "scumread you" persay. You have a solid town and scumgame which makes reading you in general difficult. I'm very much a PoE player and no one this game exactly sticks out as scum.
When no one sticks out as scum, this is when a good time for reevaluation is good. Take a piece of paper and write why you TR each person. Is it because X said they’re town? Is it a post?

Then maybe relationships can come up and you see a weak spot or convince others their reasoning is shit.
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:40 pm

In post 465, Yeet wrote:
In post 423, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Posting a big wall with a lot of rambling and superficial stances.
I don’t really see why this is town, Ari.
What else am I supposed to do if not post a wall with a lot of rambling? Can you actually remember the last time you townread someone for a catchup wall? I certainly can't. The catchup wall is not exactly a townspew here (it is for me personally, but I can't expect you to know that - I'll be very clear when I think I've townspewed in a way that I think people should grasp, and I'll be candid that I don't think it has happened yet), it's the springboard to get me back in the game and have an anchor for some of my thoughts and play going forward.
In post 424, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Like it doesn’t feel very organic.

And there is almost no spacing in their text. (Biggest crime)
What is not organic about it? Can you explain what you think a catchup wall needs to be more organic to your standards?

And I apologize for no spacing, I do realize it makes it a bit difficult to read.
I can. It depends on how the wall is formulated and whether it’s stream of consciousness or not. The former is much easier to get a read on but the latter is easier to read.

VOTE: Unvote

That being said I like the emotion behind this post.

adding UNVOTE: for the vote counter. ~D
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:42 pm

In post 474, Aristeia wrote:
In post 471, Yeet wrote:
In post 469, Aristeia wrote:
In post 465, Yeet wrote:What is not organic about it? Can you explain what you think a catchup wall needs to be more organic to your standards?

And I apologize for no spacing, I do realize it makes it a bit difficult to read.
It feels like something you are obligated to do and performative in that regard.

Like you decided hey I'm going to sit down and write thoughts on each slot and you pressed ISO one by one and wrote down whatever you thought of the ISO.

It implies you haven't been forming reads in real time but kind of just slacking and catching up at the end.
I told you how I formed the readslist

And yes you are correct except I didn't ISO everyone individually, I just reskimmed the whole game. I mentioned that I didn't have time the past few days and that's why I was more or less out. I am here now.

What is scummy about any of this?
It feels like you were not very interested in sorting/solving as the thread was actually happening and you needed to re-read everything because you were going to be killed otherwise.

That's scummy because some people do not like playing scum and have to be made to fake a town mindset.
Definitely agree with the disclaimer. I like scum waaaay more than town. Town feels like hitting my head against a brick wall eventually almost always.
Instructor Rean
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Instructor Rean
He or They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:43 pm

I will catch up the rest later as I have to run errands.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:01 pm

VOTE: norwee
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by koopashell »

Norwee town stop it
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 516, bugspray wrote:ngl it's fucked up to flashwagon an inactive prodded slot on the verge of being force replaced for inactivity
This is the only thing bugspray thought to post coming in
No content, no acknowledgment that they already had one foot out the door, just appealing to emotion
At least Yeet provided content when the time came, so I feel like this should get more scrutiny?
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by Datisi »

;
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by Datisi »

;;
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by Datisi »

;;;
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”