Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i feel like scum would be self aware enough not to just jump on any wagon that comes along
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:33 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 1349, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm pretty sure I haven't stayed under the radar so this is nonsense. And I'm definately not altering my playstyle. You're reference to my limbaity-ness just seems like an excuse to make a scummy push on said limbaity player.
This isn't true, your presence in the thread has clearly diminished since people stopped pressuring you as much, and you have made multiple attempts to just "go with the flow". My reference to you being allegedly "limbaity" was only brought up to refute some people's use of it as an excuse for why you shouldn't be suspected, and to point out that your attempts to go with the flow appear to be intentional to avoid being a noticeable target for elimination, which is not something that matches up with the given description of your play. Instead of this deflection, can you instead explain your progression on Wallflower? Why did you find them to be so towny earlier in the game? How does your given reason of a "non confrontational approach" match up with the events in the game so far? I don't think it does at all, given Wallflower's willingness to get in a fight with catboi. That seems like something that a player who wants to play non confrontational would avoid at all costs.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:33 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Quite frankly, there are 9 scum in the game so jumping on a few wagons is pro town and not pro scum.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:35 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1351, butterchurn wrote:
In post 1349, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm pretty sure I haven't stayed under the radar so this is nonsense. And I'm definately not altering my playstyle. You're reference to my limbaity-ness just seems like an excuse to make a scummy push on said limbaity player.
This isn't true, your presence in the thread has clearly diminished since people stopped pressuring you as much, and you have made multiple attempts to just "go with the flow". My reference to you being allegedly "limbaity" was only brought up to refute some people's use of it as an excuse for why you shouldn't be suspected, and to point out that your attempts to go with the flow appear to be intentional to avoid being a noticeable target for elimination, which is not something that matches up with the given description of your play. Instead of this deflection, can you instead explain your progression on Wallflower? Why did you find them to be so towny earlier in the game? How does your given reason of a "non confrontational approach" match up with the events in the game so far? I don't think it does at all, given Wallflower's willingness to get in a fight with catboi. That seems like something that a player who wants to play non confrontational would avoid at all costs.
I don't feel like Wallflower was fighting with catboi, as she got upset and said "why so agressive?" or something like that when confronted. I felt Wallflower to be town early based on her activity but I'm not liking her responses and her general attitude so far.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:42 am

Post by tictac »

Hey. Mena had a postthatwas super town
I'm way behind, tomorrow I won't be.
Now I gotta seeeep3
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:43 am

seeeep3 well
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:46 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 1350, Save The Dragons wrote:i feel like scum would be self aware enough not to just jump on any wagon that comes along
I don't think that someone who is apparently often suspected as town would suddenly become good at looking town when they're scum. Players like that who are experienced enough often will use their town play to their advantage to act blatantly suspicious as scum and people will just call them limbait and townread them for it, just like people are doing here (newer players who fit that mold may make an attempt to look town or coast when they are scum, and usually it's really obvious. MonkeyMan is not a new player). He also
was
self-aware, I don't know why anyone who isn't self-conscious makes that statement of "I feel like going with the flow".
In post 1353, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I don't feel like Wallflower was fighting with catboi, as she got upset and said "why so agressive?" or something like that when confronted. I felt Wallflower to be town early based on her activity but I'm not liking her responses and her general attitude so far.
Did you miss her large case on catboi? It's not like she was just deflecting any fight and avoiding getting into a 1v1. She was clearly very willing to do so.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:50 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1356, butterchurn wrote:
In post 1350, Save The Dragons wrote:i feel like scum would be self aware enough not to just jump on any wagon that comes along
I don't think that someone who is apparently often suspected as town would suddenly become good at looking town when they're scum. Players like that who are experienced enough often will use their town play to their advantage to act blatantly suspicious as scum and people will just call them limbait and townread them for it, just like people are doing here (newer players who fit that mold may make an attempt to look town or coast when they are scum, and usually it's really obvious. MonkeyMan is not a new player). He also
was
self-aware, I don't know why anyone who isn't self-conscious makes that statement of "I feel like going with the flow".
In post 1353, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I don't feel like Wallflower was fighting with catboi, as she got upset and said "why so agressive?" or something like that when confronted. I felt Wallflower to be town early based on her activity but I'm not liking her responses and her general attitude so far.
Did you miss her large case on catboi? It's not like she was just deflecting any fight and avoiding getting into a 1v1. She was clearly very willing to do so.
Yeah but from my recollection it was catboi that initiated the back and forth and not her. She seems like the type that is able to defend herself as scum and you have to look a little deeper to figure out her alignment, especially since this alt has apparently not been scum before.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:53 am

In post 1356, butterchurn wrote:
was
that's not really my point

scum are more hesitant and i feel like a scum would be like "i probably shouldn't just jump on every wagon that comes along, i might become a target" i feel like town are more likely to do "scummy" things like that because they're not trying to not do it if that makes sense.

i get that monkeyman seems like "lim bait" but i don't really feel like he's scum being blatantly suspicious i feel like he's town just going with the flow
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:04 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 1358, Save The Dragons wrote:scum are more hesitant and i feel like a scum would be like "i probably shouldn't just jump on every wagon that comes along, i might become a target" i feel like town are more likely to do "scummy" things like that because they're not trying to not do it if that makes sense.

i get that monkeyman seems like "lim bait" but i don't really feel like he's scum being blatantly suspicious i feel like he's town just going with the flow
I guess I just feel like him trying to look like he's town going with the flow is blatantly suspicious, so maybe that's where the difference lies. I also don't think he would have that thought process, because he might not even take that step to realize that it could look bad. I think that he thinks that going with the flow is more likely to get him townread.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1310, Menalque wrote:I'm surprised, because most newer players tend to hate the way FL plays and want to murderise him for it
This is like my third game now with Flavor so I have a decent bit of experience playing with them. They miselimmed me once but I try to never take the game too personally.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I kinda agree with both STD and Butter here. I agree Monkey looks incredibly scummy and their voting pattern has been really poor - it feels a little bit too obvious to be scum at times though, if you've been accused of opportunistically joining bandwagons on D1 and that's getting you votes, I think you'd eventually stop doing so at some point. In a smaller game with one mafia team I'd be more confident of a TR, but the multi-team setup obviously does make me wonder a bit more if he's just playing the way he is because it's how he always plays and he doesn't want to switch it up.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:19 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1352, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Quite frankly, there are 9 scum in the game so jumping on a few wagons is pro town and not pro scum.
I think this misrepresents why people like Butter are frustrated by your approach and believe it to be indicative of mafia though. You continually join bandwagons but I don't think you consistently push any of them all that strongly. It's fine to move about on D1 but it looks weird when you aren't actually doing much with said movement.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

To elaborate on the above, I also find it quite suspicious that Monkey is trying to use their wagon jumping as a pro-town point: if I'm writing them off as mafia a bit due to their playstyle, then it appears they're wanting to foster a view among the wider town that they are town even if their approach itself appears mafia indicative, if that makes sense.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Well Done »

Wallflower is town. I do not understand people claiming that they looked worse in the 1v1 with catboi.
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Well Done »

In post 1317, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 1184, catboi wrote:See, here's the thing about this: Tracer Bullet is pooky. And yes, pooky co-won paragon last year, etc. But pooky is developing some extremely bad habits.
How do you know Pooky is Tracer?
I don't think that this was ever answered. Tracer was revealed to be pooky in this game viewtopic.php?f=83&t=89250

Which, I found after Mena mused they might be Koba. (Koba alts seem to be outed in a lot of games, so I went to see if they were Koba lol)
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Well Done »

In post 1284, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm not in a Neighborhood with Klick or Enchant.
Are you also walking back your claim to be in 3 hoods? Or just clearing up that there is not one that includes Klick and Enchant?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

votecount 1.7
catboi (7) | Wallflower, tictac, Tracer Bullet, Flavor Leaf, NorwegianboyEE, MegAzumarill, Toogeloo

Wallflower (4) | Save The Dragons, catboi, MalcolmTucker, MonkeyMan576

MonkeyMan576 (3) | Nashville Dreams, cassowary, bnuuy, butterchurn

Tracer Bullet (1) | Menalque
Klick (1) | MalcolmTucker
Save The Dragons (1) | The Keeper
Menalque (1) | Well Done
mastina (1) | Klick
MegAzumarill (1) | Cat Scratch Fever

Not Voting | Enchant, mastina, Sword of Ducks

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to politely ask someone to leave.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-05-09 09:41:00).
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1366, Well Done wrote:
In post 1284, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm not in a Neighborhood with Klick or Enchant.
Are you also walking back your claim to be in 3 hoods? Or just clearing up that there is not one that includes Klick and Enchant?
I am not in one with Enchant/Click.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1364, Well Done wrote:Wallflower is town. I do not understand people claiming that they looked worse in the 1v1 with catboi.
^^ this.

There’s a few things Well Done has done earlier when I interacted that has me lean town on them back around that time. The “maybe I shouldn’t have asked” thing
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm just going to continue watching the people in the thread for now. I'll add something when I see something worth adding.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Well Done »

I have received the heebie jeebies.
In post 970, Flavor Leaf wrote:I actually do think Catboi has a possibility of scum here.

I just think TB caught them off luck and
persistence of wanting them to be scum
, and convinced themselves that they were scum, if that makes sense
In post 1187, catboi wrote:To demonstrate that no one should take his pushes seriously because he's not actually basing them off of reads
but wanting people to be scum
This feels like such a specific reason.

And Flavor Leaf has presented it, which apparently not knowing who Tracer Bullet is. and presented as being based on exactly the posts of Tracer Bullet in this game.

While Catboi has presented it, while knowing exactly who Tracer Bullet was, and presented as being based on exactly the way in which Pooky has engaged with them in the past, in past games, on different alts.

I need to talk to Dunn, but thought I would point it out in here while I wait for him to respond to my discord message.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1288, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Flavour i think you’re wrong when you suggest the goal is for scum to pocket town in multiball. I think the goal is to simply survive. And to do that you need to make it so that you aren’t making yourself too obvious an target by obvtowning. But also not too desireable an lim because that allows you to be eliminated.
I think i’m allowed to say this as i’ve been nommed for Hannibal Lecter so when it comes to third-party play i do know some things. And Multiball is basically the same mindset for an scum player. It’s all about the balancing act. Don’t give town or the second groupscum too much power. Keep the gamestate contested and keep your priorities just right. Pocket some town, but not too many. Push scum, but not too hard. Make yourself indispensable for both town and scum so they both have an reason to keep you around. That’s how i actually expect scum to play here.

Well, yeah, I already kinda rescinded that as my main reason.

The choice of WallFlower, then the subtle attempt pivot towards you is the big things.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:08 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1371, Well Done wrote:I have received the heebie jeebies.
In post 970, Flavor Leaf wrote:I actually do think Catboi has a possibility of scum here.

I just think TB caught them off luck and
persistence of wanting them to be scum
, and convinced themselves that they were scum, if that makes sense
In post 1187, catboi wrote:To demonstrate that no one should take his pushes seriously because he's not actually basing them off of reads
but wanting people to be scum
This feels like such a specific reason.

And Flavor Leaf has presented it, which apparently not knowing who Tracer Bullet is. and presented as being based on exactly the posts of Tracer Bullet in this game.

While Catboi has presented it, while knowing exactly who Tracer Bullet was, and presented as being based on exactly the way in which Pooky has engaged with them in the past, in past games, on different alts.

I need to talk to Dunn, but thought I would point it out in here while I wait for him to respond to my discord message.
Would you believe me if I told you I posted that before having read FL's post in thread?

I'll respond to the wallposts later when I'm off from work.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I still think TB, now knowing Pooky, even moreso tbh, that they were town who just picked a tunnel, and went with it, convincing themselves because they wanted to be right that they were scum more than they wanted catboi to be scum themselves, if that makes sense.

The crew that came in and voted WallFlower. That's why Catboi chose it. There's more meat for others to decide themselves to jump onto WallFlower, and now it's legitimately become a Catboi Vs WallFlower.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”