Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1332, Nashville Dreams wrote:I fully suspect this is multiball where most scum are doing nothing. They'll shoot the players FoSing them and lurk to victory.
Is your theory that scum under pressure will also do nothing?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1321, NorwegianboyEE wrote:SoD is not scum.

@SoD - this might make Nashville more likely to be scum, I think. I still think MonkeyMan is town.

Nashville scum pushing Monkey, Catboi scum pushing Wallf. Could be same scum, could be different, idk how i feel on that yet
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1376, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1321, NorwegianboyEE wrote:SoD is not scum.

@SoD - this might make Nashville more likely to be scum, I think. I still think MonkeyMan is town.

Nashville scum pushing Monkey, Catboi scum pushing Wallf. Could be same scum, could be different, idk how i feel on that yet
I meant @Norwegian, not @SoD, but sure, SoD too.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1322, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 1233, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m gonna have to think over my thoughts on Catboi.

On one hand, they are definitely a smooth talker, but they’re pinging me like crazy, especially that big post.

They’re saying a lot of things that are like…true, good statements, but not necessarily townie statements.

I also don’t personally like the Wallflower push because I think myself, Norwegian, and Mega are the worst ones on the wagon, but Wallflower has the most to go against and likely the least pushback.

I also see Wallflower as super townie, even if Catboi isn’t scum.
I still don't get why Catboi is pinging you, especially given the wagon states.

they were pinging me before the wagon states. To me, the wagon states feel like counterwagons are trying to come up to protect Catboi.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

This is not scum Sword.

Spoiler:
In post 888, Sword of Ducks wrote:VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

bad feeling bad feeling!
In post 928, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 894, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 888, Sword of Ducks wrote:VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

bad feeling bad feeling!
Can you elaborate
gut read, but I have nothing to trust except my gut this game
In post 1088, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 939, Wallflower wrote: why is that specific to this game?
Because of my role, of course, obviously, how could you not have guessed/assumed this on your own?
In post 930, Save The Dragons wrote: what posts pinged you
I don't think I can tie it to a post/posts - it's moreso a general feeling.
In post 1097, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1092, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1088, Sword of Ducks wrote:I don't think I can tie it to a post/posts - it's moreso a general feeling.
You're very clearly a new player and i think you are having a hard time navigating in this environment. Hence you have a gutread on me that says scum.
That said, i do townread you and don't think you are being fake.
I'm not wholly a new player, it's more that I'm interacting with people I don't know from prior experience / haven't played on this site before.
In post 1102, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1099, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1097, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1092, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1088, Sword of Ducks wrote:I don't think I can tie it to a post/posts - it's moreso a general feeling.
You're very clearly a new player and i think you are having a hard time navigating in this environment. Hence you have a gutread on me that says scum.
That said, i do townread you and don't think you are being fake.
I'm not wholly a new player, it's more that I'm interacting with people I don't know from prior experience / haven't played on this site before.
How much previous experience?
One game town with the same exact role, two games I played poorly as mafia, and one
fantastic
role madness game as a serial killer.
In post 1131, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1115, cassowary wrote:
In post 1102, Sword of Ducks wrote:One game town with the same exact role, two games I played poorly as mafia, and one
fantastic
Just to be clear, you're claiming you've rolled vanilla townie in this game?
Yep.
In post 1142, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1131, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1115, cassowary wrote:
In post 1102, Sword of Ducks wrote:One game town with the same exact role, two games I played poorly as mafia, and one
fantastic
Just to be clear, you're claiming you've rolled vanilla townie in this game?
Yep.
And if you think this is a lie, there are 2 scenarios where I can roll no ability and have no way to help myself:

1. I'm an indie survivor, because I need to live to win, but can't help myself out in any way/shape/form,
2. I'm a malefactor and my goal is to screw over the town, but if I was, then I'd no longer have nothing to hide like this!

(there are probably more roles where no ability can help/hinder, these are the two that come to mind for me where I can't further my wincon on my own)
In post 1162, Sword of Ducks wrote:
In post 1148, Flavor Leaf wrote:Like, Sword, if you're scum here, you win, because i think that's how obviously town you are. even moreso now than when i called you town earlier.
When I'm scum I know I have something to hide. I feel the weight of the truth. I feel horrible for lying to honest people.

Here I have nothing to hide. I feel free.
In post 1165, Sword of Ducks wrote:hmmm UNVOTE: NorwegianboyEE
In post 1169, Sword of Ducks wrote:okay what do I have to say to stir the pot what will get us somewhere
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

specifically 1131 and 1142.

This is cute town.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:17 am

Post by butterchurn »

Why are they counter wagons to protect catboi and not to protect MonkeyMan?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:18 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I find the odds that SoD is VT to be very low, based on the first game role setup.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1374, Flavor Leaf wrote:The crew that came in and voted WallFlower. That's why Catboi chose it. There's more meat for others to decide themselves to jump onto WallFlower, and now it's legitimately become a Catboi Vs WallFlower.
I don't really like this though.

I mean, I think that accusations of being "tunnelled" get thrown around too often, because in my experience sometimes scum have needed to be tunnelled in order to get eliminated (sometimes it's the only way!), but I also think it's important to constantly re-evaluate reads and try my best to do this, even if there will still always be biases there. But in the catboi case, as I've said, I'm not certain that they're scum? and I'm not sure that making it all about the two of us is helpful.

I have appreciated insights from people such as butterchurn in response to my thoughts, and honestly I'm interested to see where catboi ends up being at too. I expect that this would be a tricky situation for them to navigate if they are scum, especially since if catboi is scum, they probably realise that I'm town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1360, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1310, Menalque wrote:I'm surprised, because most newer players tend to hate the way FL plays and want to murderise him for it
This is like my third game now with Flavor so I have a decent bit of experience playing with them. They miselimmed me once but I try to never take the game too personally.
i will hopefully never misfade you on a Day 1 ever again now.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:19 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

If I were scum my partners would probably bus me rather than protect me, lol.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1382, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I find the odds that SoD is VT to be very low, based on the first game role setup.
there were 3 last game what exactly are you referring to
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1383, Wallflower wrote:
In post 1374, Flavor Leaf wrote:The crew that came in and voted WallFlower. That's why Catboi chose it. There's more meat for others to decide themselves to jump onto WallFlower, and now it's legitimately become a Catboi Vs WallFlower.
I don't really like this though.

I mean, I think that accusations of being "tunnelled" get thrown around too often, because in my experience sometimes scum have needed to be tunnelled in order to get eliminated (sometimes it's the only way!), but I also think it's important to constantly re-evaluate reads and try my best to do this, even if there will still always be biases there. But in the catboi case, as I've said, I'm not certain that they're scum? and I'm not sure that making it all about the two of us is helpful.

I have appreciated insights from people such as butterchurn in response to my thoughts, and honestly I'm interested to see where catboi ends up being at too. I expect that this would be a tricky situation for them to navigate if they are scum, especially since if catboi is scum, they probably realise that I'm town.
It wasn't up to you to make it Catboi vs WallFlower. Catboi caused it when they picked you, and momentum followed thereafter.

You are the 2 leading wagons, and then MonkeyMan's there possibly to get another wagon rolling, however, i believe that had votes before.

I explained why I believed you to be the most likely choice for scum to target in that situation. I had called you town a little bit before, so I guess part of it requires me to be right on you, but I truly think it was townie when you interacted with me yesterday.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1364, Well Done wrote:Wallflower is town. I do not understand people claiming that they looked worse in the 1v1 with catboi.
do you think any of that is alignment-relevant? I do wonder how multiball affects things, and whether it would be in scum's interests to side with who they perceive as the stronger player. Though I don't really find any of the pushes against me scummy, necessarily. MonkeyMan concerns me most out of those, but what's the scum motivation?

I guess sideline-style players like Nashville Dreams concern me a lot more.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:24 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1386, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1382, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I find the odds that SoD is VT to be very low, based on the first game role setup.
Out of what, 15 or 16 town, that's a pretty low percentage chance.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Well Done »

My immediate paranoia to spotting this is that they are scum together. That in the scum chat they were talking about the playerlist, and catobi said basically this idea as a worry that pooky would likely end up tunneled on him for this reason.

So, when Flavor Leaf saw TB present a scum reads list of 3 names, and saw both catboi and himself on it, he stepped in to discredit the TB push based on this idea.

Then Catboi came in, saw the wagon building on him, he made a post to discredit the TB push based on this idea.

This would make sense as an explanation on why Flavor Leaf went from saying that they were gonna keep on Lurking

Spoiler:
In post 911, Flavor Leaf wrote:Y'all dont need me hyper posting in a multiball on Day 1 anyways.

To hyper posting the shit out of this game. Like, they went from making post 911 saying they were not going to hyperpost, to becoming the number 1 top poster in the thread over the course of 12 hours.

[This was actually the thing that I was looking into when I spotted the similarities btw. I was looking to see what caused such a massive change in his mindset and approach to this game.]

But, I need to look at FL's then push on catboi to see if that makes any sense... I wish Dunn was online :/
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1381, butterchurn wrote:Why are they counter wagons to protect catboi and not to protect MonkeyMan?

I think MonkeyMan is obv town personally, and I think that Nashville is coming across with some scummier sides to them, but I don't really like to push Titus early, but that's just because I can read them with more information, and vice verse. So if T/T, on a personal level, it makes the game easier for me.

Not a great reason, but I think understandable.

I've just used MonkeyMan as a scape goat as scum too many times, and know what he's like as town because of it.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1389, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
How many beloved princesses were there?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Well Done - I got in a back and forth with TB, and like majority of my games, a 1v1 brought me into the game.

Norwegian even said to get Flavor engaged, just call out his scum game.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1392, Wallflower wrote:
How many beloved princesses were there?
I'm not sure but obviously the likelyhood of a correlation to VT in the previous game setup is more likely than a BP.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I tried to warn y'all about you not needing me hyper posting, but TB then came in. It helped that I was already off put a bit by Catboi myself. And you can see when I'm arguing with TB that I say that a few times, and they dont even seem to realize it.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1390, Well Done wrote:My immediate paranoia to spotting this is that they are scum together. That in the scum chat they were talking about the playerlist, and catobi said basically this idea as a worry that pooky would likely end up tunneled on him for this reason.

So, when Flavor Leaf saw TB present a scum reads list of 3 names, and saw both catboi and himself on it, he stepped in to discredit the TB push based on this idea.

Then Catboi came in, saw the wagon building on him, he made a post to discredit the TB push based on this idea.

This would make sense as an explanation on why Flavor Leaf went from saying that they were gonna keep on Lurking

Spoiler:
In post 911, Flavor Leaf wrote:Y'all dont need me hyper posting in a multiball on Day 1 anyways.

To hyper posting the shit out of this game. Like, they went from making post 911 saying they were not going to hyperpost, to becoming the number 1 top poster in the thread over the course of 12 hours.

[This was actually the thing that I was looking into when I spotted the similarities btw. I was looking to see what caused such a massive change in his mindset and approach to this game.]

But, I need to look at FL's then push on catboi to see if that makes any sense... I wish Dunn was online :/
I am cautious regarding FL but they are extending themselves a lot more than they need to here. Their townread on me also felt well thought-out rather than just a token white-knight style townread. So again, I'm wary of feeling positive about FL because of them "taking my side" here, but I can't really justify being suspicious of them right now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1390, Well Done wrote:he stepped in to discredit the TB push based on this idea.

i stepped into discredit TB, not the push based on the idea.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1390, Well Done wrote:Then Catboi came in, saw the wagon building on him, he made a post to discredit the TB push based on this idea.
Catboi came in after I was already voting TB, and I believe after TB had replaced out because TB vs Menalque was a big thing.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

this is gambler's fallacy. they had the same odds as everyone else, and someone in the game had to roll it. I don't see a purpose of scum claiming to be VT and locking themselves in this early.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”