Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 1239, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:MegA is what I can best describe as minimalist town but she usually solves at her own pace

and she's just ... not doing anything this game
For my thoughts on MegA and my past games with her. I feel like she is someone that comes off as scummy as town. I haven't personally played with her when she's scum tho. I feel like she is definitely mis-elim bait tho.
In post 1243, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:It's not really a compromise. I really think MegA has a decent chance of flipping scum and generally feeling meh about the other popular wagon offerings right now
Explain to me why tho.
see my comments above ^
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:44 am

In post 819, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Looking into MonkeyMan, I realized I have actually played with him before on his NoPowerOverMe aka David Bowie alt, and his inability to effectively answer basic questions is probably not alignment indicative. And I'm also getting the impression that he believes in his scumread on people voting for the BP claim

VOTE: MegA
In post 1238, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1233, Flavor Leaf wrote:I also don’t personally like the Wallflower push because I think myself, Norwegian, and Mega are the worst ones on the wagon, but Wallflower has the most to go against and likely the least pushback.
Would you be interested in a MegA wagon by any chance?

Speaking of slots that aren't solving, MegA hasn't done anything all game
In hindsight, the above post is the only time that CSF mentioned MegA. Which was completely naked until this post where he tried to start pushing her.

This just vibes terrible. The posts below is the explained read after pushed for reasons why CSF is scumreading MegA.

CSF vote just feels gross in regards to MegA. Almost like CSF can try to avoid posting in the current events while pushing a slot that feels like LHF to me.
In post 1239, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:MegA is what I can best describe as minimalist town but she usually solves at her own pace

and she's just ... not doing anything this game
In post 1243, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:It's not really a compromise. I really think MegA has a decent chance of flipping scum and generally feeling meh about the other popular wagon offerings right now
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:51 am

In post 1259, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think it's much easier to get 12 votes on WallFlower than Meg/Toog, and it also doesn't seem like the easiest wagon, but it definitely is the correct one to push as scum here.
I agree with this in a way. I feel like MegA v WallFlower could both be easier to wagon rather than Toog. Toog is the type of player that is dangerous because he does enough where he can skate by and avoid suspicion, but then rather as the game progresses he becomes harder to read.

I dont think MegA or Toog are the correct wagon to push nor are they going to be the easiest as well.
In post 1261, catboi wrote:On a skim I actually think norwee might be scum here. The towniest thing he had was his dust-up with malcolm, but other than that he's been floating and it reminds me a lot of his play in control where he was the SK. He'll call people town but it doesn't seem like he had reads he actually cares about and as town generally he finds something he wants to push and actually tries to solve.
I misread NEE hardcore in Control. I had a couple players pinged right (Mastina) and I had solid townreads, but not enough reasons to be able to herd and get a lim on those who I was confident on being scum. I mean the only thing I felt I had going for me is that I read your slot correct in the first few posts and was able to townblock, but just not well enough. -.-
In post 1268, catboi wrote:
In post 1115, cassowary wrote:well that was a fun series of posts to catch up on

I don't really see the case on Malcolm as scum, I think he looks pretty townie to me for now.

No real opinion on any of these meta reads, these do nothing for me, I know none of you. I'm sure you're all very cool and good at mafia. However I do think looking over Flavor Leaf's iso, a lot of his posting has been kind of reactive and/or meta discussion, which is pinging me a little bit.

I kind of see the point on monkeyman that he's acting
weird
but not necessarily scummy. Not sure he's my top suspicion at the moment.

pedit: originally I moved my vote to flavor leaf here but then he made a couple nice posts with detailed reasoning and now I'm conflicted again.

I'm not really sure I see the case on catboi as scum, to be honest. I suppose it's possible but nothing about their posts is really particularly sticking out to me.

Honestly, you'll have to forgive me for being a bit all-over-the-place at the moment, this is the first time I've played a multiball game
or
a hydra game, so it's a bit tricky to read people in ways I'm used to and it's kind of a lot to deal with, haha. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with time though.
In post 1102, Sword of Ducks wrote:One game town with the same exact role, two games I played poorly as mafia, and one
fantastic
role madness game as a serial killer.
Just to be clear, you're claiming you've rolled vanilla townie in this game?
cassowary seems okay, except this is a very hedgy post? I get that it's still early game and reads aren't going to be that strong. But is this post actually saying anything?
I disagree with cass feeling ok. I also dislike this post hardcore.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 am

In post 1281, Flavor Leaf wrote:In post 1178, Nashville Dreams wrote:
i meant tracer

sorry not bc

damn avatarsss

also is catboi just a policy lim atm

However, this policy lim comment is no longer valid at the least.

Can disagree with my reasonings, of course, but it's by no means a policy.

As for my comment about policy lim was more referring to TB rather than your vote on catbae
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:56 am

In post 1284, Flavor Leaf wrote:by the way, just gonna clear it up right now.

I'm not in a Neighborhood with Klick or Enchant. I was telling the truth when I said 'definitely not in a neighborhood with Klick or Enchant', and I just said the first 2 names that talked. But yeah, if you go back and look at that time there, I never said I was in it with one, just let everyone assume I was to see what people would do.

I got my MonkeyMan town read from that.

I've been lightweight trying to pull a nightkill, lightweight not.
This is random AF.
In post 1293, The Keeper wrote:
In post 1181, Nashville Dreams wrote:tbh the back and forth between TB & mena made me [redacted]

it was terrible

do not recommend reading
Can you not?
I'm sorry. I apologize if that got you upset. I will try to avoid doing that in the future. It was just very painful to read.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:01 am

In post 1305, MalcolmTucker wrote:CSF reads as town to me, and I'm generally agreeing with pretty much everything Butterchurn is posting.
Saving this for the future to see why MT feels CSF is town.

I feel differenty.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:04 am

BC is locktown for the last post on p54

never lim

pls n thanks
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:06 am

Post by cassowary »

ah i have like 50 pages to catch up on, fun!

fully admitting i'm heavily skimming over the 500 pages of flavor leaf/well done back and forth, jfc

Still completely do not understand why FL is so heavily tunnelled on catboi. i feel like there are better candidates.
In post 2247, catboi wrote:I think that Flavor Leaf's reaction to getting scumread by Well Done fucking sucks. The progression from scum reading them -> calling them wrong town -> getting tilted at them and calling them liock scum is super sketchy. It doesn't look like a genuine evaluation but scum shifting through different angles trying to get the heat off them. It's a very Prism-esque progression, it just feels very fake. The attacks read more like playing offense to play defense because he's really bothered by the scumread on him. I would think that if he had truly gotten frustrated with Well Done and thought they were town just dumbly tunneled on him, he'd just back off and stop engaging with them, but instead he keeps going and 180s. The only reason I can see for this happening is because he's
really
bothered by their scumread on him and wants to discredit it. There's not even really a possibility he gets yeeted Day 1, he just wants to stamp out all opposition to him.
Mmmm, I kinda wish I could see the case for scum catboi but I really vibe with this post tbh so it's hard for me to feel it. It does kinda feel like FL is trying to kind of control the narrative and if people disagree with him he kind of goes 'well that just means you're scum too!!' which I just can't really abide as a strategy even if it is how he plays as town. Maybe I'm bringing in my own bias here but the way I very lightly pushed him earlier and he posted like 3 posts in response going "you're probably scum with catboi and also the thing I posted wasn't even actually suspicious" really gave me a weird feeling
In post 2311, Flavor Leaf wrote:Catboi entire catchup, and it just happens to come right after I’m away,

Is set up to piggyback off of Well Done.

One of his main things was to pick that Mastina push right after 2180 acting like 2189 wasn’t the exact reason I went that direction.
I think you're too committed to your own personal view of the game and interpreting everything in that light. What if this
is
just a coincidence? It happens.

----

Nashville Dreams I could go for a vote on. They aren't actually super-low-post-count but their posts really don't seem to have a lot of substance to them, kinda fluffy/reactive. And their posts
with
reasoning don't really even seem to make sense half the time. I could definitely see this as slacking scum.

VOTE: Nashville Dreams

----
In post 2335, Flavor Leaf wrote:Any gambits I take are generally incredibly safe, I just take risks, but always calculated risks.

I'm insanely calculating as scum.

And this is not it.
Mmmmnope. Definitely don't like how informed this feels. I feel like "I wouldn't do this as scum" type arguments rarely come from town
In post 2344, Flavor Leaf wrote:Catboi/Cassowary scum team.
why tho

w/ all due respect you are reading way too much into two unrelated posts that happened to be next to each other like 15 pages prior

I mean for goodness' sake what if catboi is scum but he's just pocketing me, what then
In post 2395, The Keeper wrote:Yes I called out post counts.
Because we have over 90 pages of shit flinging that's done nothing but kick up a stink.
So much so there's a clear divide between 1/3rd of the game and the rest of it.
And still people are wanting shots at the lurkers?
srsly guys please have some understanding for those of us who like to do things on the weekends ;-;

50 pages? really?

-----

I don't really understand the FL claim (why does he have to be mafia if scum? help) but if people don't want to get rid of him today for reasons I think that's fine. Not sure I really buy him as town, but if the wagon isn't going to gain traction I think there are other places we can look.
In post 2472, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2467, catboi wrote:Poor newbies underestimating the scum game of a guy whose schtick is that he likes to talk about how good he is as scum
Yeah I'm going to be honest Catboi, these posts do not help at all, and the same goes for Flavor when they're making similar posts. I don't claim to be an expert at this game nor even particularly good at it, but we have no reason to blindly trust you on this, and posts like this feel designed to make players (I presume Butter above) doubt their reads not for inherently being inaccurate or bad but for failing to understand complex meta dynamics only experienced players can get. Essentially going by this logic it's somewhat impossible for a player who hasn't played with Flavor to town read them and only your read (or the reads of others who agree with you) can be accurate.
Yeah, getting this same vibe from both catboi+FL here. I know it's D1, but surely there's stuff within the game we can point to to support reads. Some of the reasoning on display feels inaccessible towards those of us who don't have meta experience with most of you, and it kind of makes me feel mistrustful of the reads that result since it feels a little bit like "oh this person doesn't normally act like this, just trust me" which is weird.

I think a reaction to that might be a reason I feel a bit committed to suspecting FL -- I think a lot of his actual actions here have been sketchy, and "ohh he's always like this though" means nothing to me
In post 2474, Flavor Leaf wrote:TThe main thing the two of us know about each other I feel, is they win scum games.
I mean, what am I supposed to make of something like this, this is completely useless to me as evidence for a case.
In post 2553, Flavor Leaf wrote:You're literally fucking coming into the game and actively jsut pushing all the people I defended right before you came in.

This is all you ever fucking do.
like, maybe it's just not about you? Starting to think FL is just town who interprets everything as being in response to him
In post 2589, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2588, cassowary wrote:Hey, sorry. I have had a crazy busy weekend. I will catch up and give thoughts soon. I should be more active in the game next week.
Oh yeah, this is possible scum too, but i dont care to push the lower activity posters day 1.
Lol

----

Post-SCP-replacement: Ok I don't think I want to eliminate FL today. If he is scum I think it'll be easier to read on later days. But I can see him as town now, I don't think scum gets this genuinely tilted over people disagreeing with their reads
In post 2977, Klick wrote:The main reason I'm not contributing to the level I'd like to atm is that on any given page I'm reading a bunch of stuff from FL that I don't know how to process, and as a result I feel fairly crowded out of the game
hi, yes

-----

I feel good on butterchurn, I feel like they're generally picking up on the same things that I would pick up on and their opinions seem reasonable and well-founded. I don't really get the impression they're unengaged with the game at all.

Not a fan of toogeloo's naked votes either.

Keeper + Nashville Dreams feel like active lurking.

----
In post 3097, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 1115, cassowary wrote:In post 1102, Sword of Ducks wrote:
One game town with the same exact role, two games I played poorly as mafia, and one fantastic role madness game as a serial killer.

Just to be clear, you're claiming you've rolled vanilla townie in this game?
Well this is super fucking scummy. Like hardcore.
????

-----

Sword of Ducks
MalcolmTucker
butterchurn
Cat Scratch Fever
bnuuy
NorwegianboyEE
Save The Dragons
Wallflower
MonkeyMan576
Well Done
Tracer Bullet
MegAzumarill
Menalque
Klick
mastina
catboi
Flavor Leaf
tictac
Toogeloo
Enchant
The Keeper
Nashville Dreams
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:06 am

Post by cassowary »

I guess voting ND may be weird now because they're like catching up and posting and stuff. Will reevaluate after they're done catching up.
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:09 am

Post by cassowary »

maybe I should have split this up into multiple posts as i was catching up. sorry
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:10 am

In post 3108, cassowary wrote:I guess voting ND may be weird now because they're like catching up and posting and stuff. Will reevaluate after they're done catching up.
I'm still really behind I'm at 56/125.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3073, Nashville Dreams wrote:Just saying this wagon is fucking bullshit

You all should be ashamed.

Also Catboi doing a quick 180 is sus af.
Been saying Catboi was sus all game
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 am

Post by cassowary »

In post 3110, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 3108, cassowary wrote:I guess voting ND may be weird now because they're like catching up and posting and stuff. Will reevaluate after they're done catching up.
I'm still really behind I'm at 56/125.
Hey I just caught up from 77, I believe in you!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3012, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 2960, mastina wrote:Basically:
1: We have a week until deadline
2: I am catching up
3: A fair amount of the strength in my catboi townread comes from content later in my catchup
4: catboi is the main wagon right now
5: I am not defending catboi
6: Wallflower is insinuating that because of point #4, point #5 makes me suspect.
7: I am rebuking that point by demonstrating that, thanks to point #1, there is no need for a catboi elimination to be pushed through
8: If a catboi elimination is not pushed through while I am catching up, there was no need for me to defend him, since I can defend him after the catchup or later during it
9: If a catboi elimination IS pushed through while I am catching up, then it is the players involved that are to blame, not me, because of points 2, 3, and 8.

I'm not sure how else to explain this.
You're acting like you know catboi would flip town.

Mastina is obv scum to me tbh.

She’s making sure that if Catboi fade went through certain things are known.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 am

In post 1405, Save The Dragons wrote:how come you doubt the VT but didn't doubt when mastina claimed with zero pressure on her
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallly hope that this post got answered and didn't go to the wayside.
There's a difference between the two claims.
Mastina BP claim needs to be done because if BP is limmed they skip a whole thing which REALLY hurts town.
As for a VT it felt off because there was no reason to do it other than panicky.
In post 1410, Save The Dragons wrote:i think titus is scum and mala is town
:eek: :roll:

I really hate when posts like this are made. I tend to get pocketed very easily and then tend to read the pocketer as town.

It's different if it's like a player who has played with me over and over again: re: mastina, but STD we have only played like 3 games together and i dont think i rolled scum yet against u
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 3111, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3073, Nashville Dreams wrote:Just saying this wagon is fucking bullshit

You all should be ashamed.

Also Catboi doing a quick 180 is sus af.
Been saying Catboi was sus all game
i hadn't noticed
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:19 am

In post 3114, Nashville Dreams wrote:i dont think i rolled scum yet against u
i think you have ;)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

You know you aren't going to flip Nashville so let's just flip Catboi and get it over with already.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am

In post 3116, Save The Dragons wrote:
i think you have ;)
Have I tho?

I really don't recall. Control I was town; Pokemon I was town.

I think those are the only two games I have played with you recently. Am i forgetting one?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:21 am

In post 3118, Nashville Dreams wrote:
i think you have ;)
Have I tho?

I think those are the only two games I have played with you recently. Am i forgetting one?
it's a little game i'd like to call

THIS ONE

boom
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:21 am

Post by butterchurn »

I had started to get a bit suspicious of cassowary when I was looking at the low-content players earlier, but the latest catchup post is good and towny. Their reads are also fairly close to my own with only a few exceptions, which I think is a good sign.
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:22 am

Post by cassowary »

In post 3113, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3012, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 2960, mastina wrote:Basically:
1: We have a week until deadline
2: I am catching up
3: A fair amount of the strength in my catboi townread comes from content later in my catchup
4: catboi is the main wagon right now
5: I am not defending catboi
6: Wallflower is insinuating that because of point #4, point #5 makes me suspect.
7: I am rebuking that point by demonstrating that, thanks to point #1, there is no need for a catboi elimination to be pushed through
8: If a catboi elimination is not pushed through while I am catching up, there was no need for me to defend him, since I can defend him after the catchup or later during it
9: If a catboi elimination IS pushed through while I am catching up, then it is the players involved that are to blame, not me, because of points 2, 3, and 8.

I'm not sure how else to explain this.
You're acting like you know catboi would flip town.

Mastina is obv scum to me tbh.

She’s making sure that if Catboi fade went through certain things are known.
I do think it's very weird that she made a post saying "if we eliminate someone who I think is town, then it wasn't my fault!"

like, why would you be so scared of people blaming you for insufficiently defending a townie - wouldn't suspicion fall on the people who were actually pushing for the town flip in the first place? Very weird post

like, I get that it was in response to wallflower saying 'why did you justify one townread but not the other,' but the focus on 'will I be blamed if they flip town' is weird imo
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

This is obvtown Nashville by the way.

They’re forcing themselves to read and act because they’re under fire.

I really don’t believe ScumNashville would have just been so unaware, even if they were busy.

I called their posting that everyone was pushing earlier scummy looking but that it’s not coming from scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You guys want something spicy.

I actually think Mastina has more chance at flipping scum than Catboi does.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:23 am

In post 3119, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 3118, Nashville Dreams wrote:
i think you have ;)
Have I tho?

it's a little game i'd like to call

THIS ONE

boom
Funny.

My role PM is green. So I guess you are mistaken on this one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”