Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Sword of Ducks
Sword of Ducks
Goon
Sword of Ducks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Sword of Ducks »

In post 4406, Lukewarm wrote:I doubt I am reading the past 25 pages anything soon. Jesus
I'm sorry
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

omg, i linked the wrong Bnuuy wagon.

I didn't know about the one I linked. I only knew about the secondary one I guess, just looked into Menalque's ISO and posted.

That first one was right before I got into the game and right before TB pushed onto Catboi.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2462, butterchurn wrote:Okay, a lot to catch up on, I don't think it would be terribly useful for me to do like a quote response wall like I was planning to do, so I'll try to summarize thoughts and can expand on thins if anyone is interested:

- I was already townreading Norwegian before this, but I think his attempt to get catboi to join on Nashville around post and beyond is actually extremely towny. Norwegianboy was just listed by catboi as a top scumread. Trying to convince catboi to vote a specific person among catboi's scumreads is immediately going to draw suspicion, unlikely to be successful, and in fact is most likely to cause the opposite of the intended effect -- make catboi more hesitant to vote where he is being told to. I don't think that Norwegianboy, as scum, is likely to make this attempt. As town he isn't really going to care about how it is interpreted or consider that catboi will find this suspicious, so he has no reason not to. He just wants to try to convince people to join him on the wagon of someone that he thinks is scum.

- I actually mostly agree with Flavor Leaf's assessment of catboi's large case, . I read it a few times and it is very well-reasoned and well-explained. I think the most salient points are about how Flavor Leaf is focusing on pre-flip associations, planting seeds, and gauging where to go based on where there is momentum. However, my impression so far is that this is simply how Flavor Leaf likes to play. He is controlling, charismatic, and has a strong focus on analyzing how the gamestate shifts and moves as a whole, and will take action to alter the gamestate. Now, I haven't played with Flavor Leaf before (although I did read his scum guide), so again this is just my impression, but I would be willing to bet that a key difference between Flavor as scum and Flavor as town is that as scum, he takes action to alter to gamestate to shift it to his team's favor. As town, he takes action to alter the gamestate to feel it out and see how everything responds, because reading that movement is how he likes to solve the game. To me, so far, his actions in this game feel like the latter. catboi's explanation of his play is accurate, and it's true that he is relying a lot on preflips, but I'm not very confident that doing so is something that is more likely for Flavor Leaf to do. I can accept the argument that preflips are generally dangerous and potentially bad play, but town does it all the time. They see associations, and latch onto them in an attempt to make sense of a game where they are uninformed. Scum will do it too, but usually to gain an advantage. Maybe I'm being tricked by the charisma, but when I read his posts I believe Flavor Leaf does genuinely see these associations and that's why he's calling them out. Now the question is if I agree with Flavor Leaf that catboi's analysis is something that comes from him as scum. On that, I'm not sure. I feel like I can see the town in his responses to the pushes on him, it feels like he is genuinely concerned that people are scum taking advantage of things. I am concerned that his push on Flavor Leaf seems to be for things that to me look mostly like just Flavor Leaf things, though. Not willing to feel strongly about a read here yet.

- In response to catboi's tictac vote, since he asked for opinions from people he townreads: personally I struggle to discern alignment from low volume posters. Maybe that means I should be giving them more attention than I am, but tictac seems fine to me so far. was not great, but I think their earlier follow-up to catboi not answering their question was towny. I definitely think that Nashville Dreams is a more promising place for toDay, and since it's a large game we have enough time that there's very little chance that we will just lose to lurking scum.
viewtopic.php?p=13352314#p13352314

@titus - the one where Menalque brought up the Bnuuy wagon 2nd bnuuy wagon, which i thought was first.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Excuse that quote, accident.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1521, catboi wrote:Had the fear of bnuuy being limbat last night but I just skimmed their ISO in their completed micro and it's night and day compared to here. Lot of content, almost all of it game-focused, hardly any of that here.

VOTE: bnuuy
this and Klick's were the scummiest jumps on the wagon, which gives credit to WallFlowers Klick/Catboi theory.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1498, catboi wrote:
In post 1489, Klick wrote:I have to remind myself that this game has 9 (!) scum in it, and therefore there is going to be a lot of nonsense on any given page
Where are you getting this from? First game had 7 scum in it with a similar number of players.

oh yeah, and this monstrosity happened around the Bnuuy wagon.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1517, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Menalque trying to convince me scum is in the herbivore bunny rather than the carnivorous cat. :shifty:

it's fake. both Catboi and Norwegian ended up pushing Nashville together.

It's Catboi-Ydrasse.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Norwegian was pocketing me.

Spoiler:
In post 1528, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But Catboi would be way more dangerous than Bnuuy.
In post 1530, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1525, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Tbh i could see this maybe flip scum that's why i'm not that strongly arguing against it. But my pride stops me from voting another wagon atm.
I would think Catboi-Bnuuy would be different scum in that case. One wolf, one mafia.
In post 1531, Flavor Leaf wrote:Honestly, if we vote Bnuuy, Norwegian, then the Bnuuy wagon is gonna be seen as being built up super fast.
In post 1533, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Bnuuy

Yeah, I'll vote there.
In post 1539, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well FL voted so i got no buddies to be contrarian with anymore.
VOTE: Bnuuy
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

They stopped pocketing me when Catboi wagon started up originally. Catboi also was pushing Norwegian. I originally thought They pushed Norwegian specifically because I was pushing Catboi, but made a suspicion post towards Norwegian, but they were circling me.

Norwegian went to Nashville I believe a little after that Bnuuy wagon happened.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And then Cat Scratch is probably other scum team, maybe with one of the other lurkers dancing around as well.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4434, Flavor Leaf wrote:And then Cat Scratch is probably other scum team, maybe with one of the other lurkers dancing around as well.

around the Catboi wagon*
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

actually, around page 63 I get anti partner vibes.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1599, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1592, Menalque wrote:Bnuuy wagon can’t be boring yet, we didn’t get to 10 votes

I also have to get back to Catboi to not let it fully dissipate. It's becoming more and more clear we're not ending this day on Bnuuy.

Catboi strength of wagon was never the same after this Bnuuy wagon.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1620, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Nashville Dreams
I feel like giving this one the stink eye for a bit.

@Titus - I had just moved back to Catboi
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Well Done »

The following message is solely the opinon of Lukewarm - I am not speaking ad a hydra here

@flavor leaf.

Please. I am asking you, as respectful as I possibly can, please limit your posting. The average posts per slot in this game is 193. You have 964. Second place has 350.

I am sure that you are a lovely person, but the way you are engaging with the thread is actively diminishing my enjoyment in this game.

---

I think it should become site standard for games to have some form of posting limits. I have enjoyed those in every game that I have seen them in.
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

100 MonkeyMan576
95 bnuuy
95 Flavor Leaf
90 Sword of Ducks
75 The Keeper
70 Well Done (Dunnstral & Lukewarm)
70 Nashville Dreams (Titus & Malakittens)
65 MalcolmTucker
65 SCP 682
62 Ydrasse
60 mastina
55 Cat Scratch Fever
50 Save The Dragons
45 Toogeloo

43 Enchant
42 butterchurn
40 Klick
35 cassowary
35 tictac
35 Menalque
25 MegAzumarill
20 Nero Cain
5 catboi

100 = towniest 0 = scummiest
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by tictac »

okay

i like the spite from cass.

koba and keeper went looking 4 second hand meta and both unsuprisingly found what they expected to find.
koba still seems to think i was scum in squidgame 4 some reason? also larges are different than 12p.
keeper proved that activity is NAI (tho i appereciate the effort)
direct meta is better than second hand, which both of them have from town-side, but koba seems confused somehow. i do think it's real confusion tho.
leaf has actual scum-meta 4 me, but seems to be going w the flow, i think out of frustration of catbooi-resistance?
ydr i'd expect to read me better after FinalFantasy

ppedit: yea, i concur. it's a group-game u don't have to try to solo-carry.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i voting you because you feel weird in comparison to ffxiv

do you think youre being different
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by tictac »

every game is different
i think the energy is the same
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4441, tictac wrote:okay

koba and keeper went looking 4 second hand meta and both unsuprisingly found what they expected to find.
koba still seems to think i was scum in squidgame 4 some reason? also larges are different than 12p.
direct meta is better than second hand, which both of them have from town-side, but koba seems confused somehow. i do think it's real confusion tho.
leaf has actual scum-meta 4 me, but seems to be going w the flow, i think out of frustration of catbooi-resistance?

Yeah, I’ve went back and forth, but i think my Catboi scum feelings bled into you incorrectly, and I’ve actively flipped that.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

So i left your wagon, Tictac.
SCP 682
SCP 682
Goon
SCP 682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by SCP 682 »

In post 4441, tictac wrote:okay

what are your READS.
also i literally said i townread you in squid game. stop it.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Well Done »

In post 3866, Flavor Leaf wrote:At this point, not even trying to lim, blank boy.

Special tactic now to get people to just end the day.
Wait... is this fucking intentional.
SCP 682
SCP 682
Goon
SCP 682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by SCP 682 »

Well Done - please commit to a tictac read.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Well Done »

I scum read, and already said that they were my prefered elim after ND here
In post 3663, Well Done wrote:
In post 3647, SCP 682 wrote:VOTE: csf flashwagon
In post 3648, Save The Dragons wrote:eh let's try it

VOTE: cat scratch fever
Hello friends.

I would much prefer to wait for a response from Titus before considering moving away.

Spoiler:
But even if I like Titus's response, I don't think that csf would be my preferred flash wagon target. I would be more inclined for tictac>Meg>bnuuy personally.

(I know all three of those are on Dunn's list as well, but the priority list was me)
If anything, I find it mildly interesting that I openly stated that they were my top choice for a pivot, and then when I came back they were the largest wagon. But I also have not gotten to the point where he started getting votes.

Also, have not caught up with Dunn since seeing the ND to move vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”