Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.08

goodmorning: (1) catboi
Asphodelus: (2) Takemikazuchi02, syugar
Takemikazuchi02: (2) Bellaphant, Asphodelus
Catboi: (1) goodmorning

Not Voting (3): GoldfishFromTheMoon, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, cat.jpeg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-07 10:20:00)

Replacing: NotAJumbleOfNumbers & asphodelus.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

In post 247, catboi wrote: Why can't you get a read on me? I feel like I've posted a fairly decent amount of content to be readable.
You've been generating discussion which is a big + in my book and I would have had you as a townread but you've had way too many posts arguing meta with goodmorning and it feels like bloating so I don't know where to put you yet.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 248, catboi wrote:I don't think Ash's lack of activity is alignment indicative, unfortunately. I do think she could be scum as some of the votes she made while she was active in the game were extremely puzzling to me.
Not feeling other votes anymore and don't want to take a jab at the ICs yet, so I'm a bit lost

But yeah, at this point I dunno it may be rand

I'll think about things when we get some new content from subs I guess
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 251, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 247, catboi wrote: Why can't you get a read on me? I feel like I've posted a fairly decent amount of content to be readable.
You've been generating discussion which is a big + in my book and I would have had you as a townread but you've had way too many posts arguing meta with goodmorning and it feels like bloating so I don't know where to put you yet.
We haven't actually been arguing meta at all but I don't blame you for not being able to follow it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by catboi »

Didn't realize how close we were to deadline. If I had to choose
right this instant
I'd vote asphodelus's slot over T02 but hopefully the replacement can give us a little more.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by syugar »

Fwiw I still think Asphodel's posts show inability to produce rather than lack of time

These sub hell games are lame af though
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 254, catboi wrote:Didn't realize how close we were to deadline. If I had to choose
right this instant
I'd vote asphodelus's slot over T02 but hopefully the replacement can give us a little more.
I share the same sentiment. Is it possible or likely to get a day 1 extension to help read these slots. I dont really want to vote for one without allowing the replacement to really say anything.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 10:43 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 230, goodmorning wrote:
In post 216, catboi wrote:
In post 181, goodmorning wrote:
Reads, since I asked, on a spectrum from most Town to least (gaps indicate gaps in level of seriousness):

syugar

Numbers

Bella
(1/2 gap)
Goldfish
T02
Cat

Ash

catboi

Feel free to ask about any of these.
If I'm your strongest scum read you should probably be putting words to that.
Probably!
I don't like this. I just looked through GM's ISO while searching catboi. Most of the stuff they said about catboi was just disagreeing with things they said. At the start they scumread the manufacturedness of post 17, which i kinda get but I dont think that's a great reason. The response of putting out welcoming and friendly vibes in a newbie game made sense to me. Since then you havent actually pointed to catboi being scummy just them being wrong. Please put words to it.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 10:46 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 181, goodmorning wrote:I think a lot of the game feels fragmented for this reason - T02 and Numbers are each almost a party of one, and Cat and Goldfish feel like a party of two, plus the limited interaction from Ash, so really there are only 4 slots interacting with other slots regularly.
I think this comment is good and like its from a town perspective, or well emulating a town perspective, would like peoples thoughts.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 1:41 am

Post by catboi »

In post 255, syugar wrote:Fwiw I still think Asphodel's posts show inability to produce rather than lack of time

These sub hell games are lame af though
Yeah, it sucks unfortunately. They're more common in the newbie queue because people often decide they don't have the time or aren't into the game. It wasn't so bad but the site is kind of slow now which means getting replacements is harder.
In post 256, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 254, catboi wrote:Didn't realize how close we were to deadline. If I had to choose
right this instant
I share the same sentiment. Is it possible or likely to get a day 1 extension to help read these slots. I dont really want to vote for one without allowing the replacement to really say anything.
Deadline extensions for replacements are usually standard, yeah - I don't think we'll have the day end with 2 effectively empty slots in the game.
In post 258, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 181, goodmorning wrote:I think a lot of the game feels fragmented for this reason - T02 and Numbers are each almost a party of one, and Cat and Goldfish feel like a party of two, plus the limited interaction from Ash, so really there are only 4 slots interacting with other slots regularly.
I think this comment is good and like its from a town perspective, or well emulating a town perspective, would like peoples thoughts.
I'm not sure that comment says anything about goodmorning's alignment. It's describing what's going on in the game but isn't really drawing anything from it, it could be said by anyone.

I should note, though, that I am hardly
confident
in goodmorning being scum - although I'm voting her and she's at the bottom of my reads i just find her
suspicious
so far. It's entirely possible we're both town and just not getting each other's play for whatever reason, I don't have enough information to make a call one way or the other.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 4:06 am

Are allowed to ask for an extension? Because having two replacements just before day 1 ending isn't a good thing.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Malakittens »

Tidus of the X replaces NotAJumbleOfNumbers.

I’ll be pausing the Deadline & giving two extra days once ash is replaced.
Last edited by Malakittens on Thu May 05, 2022 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

Time to start reading the game
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 243, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 231, Bellaphant wrote:@mod, jumble needs a prod
@catjpeg, have you got any questions for me? You seem a bit muddled on me, I tend to prefer to chat things through.
Can you explain any opinions you have about t02?
I think catboi didn’t specifically try to pocket you. After other ppls responses to your question do you still townread him?
I think you are probably town but wouldn’t be too surprised if you weren’t.
Sorry, quoting was broken earlier.

T02 and me had a bit of a rough ride last game,but they were much more aggressive, controversial and also, at times /wrong/ to the point they had to be town. They aren't like that here but the fact they've admitted it makes me a little confused. I really didn't like their vote on jumble. However I like GM's 'how could you forget the person you are voting for lurking' super questionable.

I do tr catboi And even if I didn't he isn't the elim for today
anyway.

I really don't like the way you position things in 'either/or' 'probably town' but wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't, 'any opinions" feels weirdly shady.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:
Won't elim: syugar, catboi
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Bellaphant »

...are those more cats, tidus???
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 265, Bellaphant wrote:...are those more cats, tidus???
Yes(also, it's pirate cat themed! Nice fluffy beard photo Malakittens)
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 6:36 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 242, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 237, goodmorning wrote:But if you consider lurking to be very scummy, then surely you should be extra attuned to lurkers, so then we're back to wondering how you could forget?
Did you forget that I said I was busy and dealing with some personal stuff and that I couldn't put my mind to the game?
No; I just don't think that makes sense as an explanation. If my head is out of the game, I forget my nullreads exist, not my top 2 scumreads.
In post 244, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 230, goodmorning wrote:I don't know if I understand the ordering of this 100%, another note to self to come back later and take another look.
At that time I didn’t know any of Ash’s normal play style I just thought in general she looked like town. Now I’m not as sure so I would probably put her just above u and catboi. The rest of the order I still agree with.
Interesting that you assumed it was the Ash read I meant. Also interesting that you would drop her slot that far based on consensus.
In post 246, catboi wrote:
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:B. You missed the part where the rebuttal rebuts the "not interested in defending" point entirely, but that's more of a side point. The part about feelings was to address the "calling it ymmv means you're not interested in defending it" point, which was obviously incorrect on its face.
"Getting overly annoyed" - who are you to decide what qualifies as "overly annoyed" coming from me?
RE: trivial - it's my read on you, what you think of the initial point isn't really what I was looking for at that point or this. Finally, "lies and slander" - you know there's a reason I italicized that, right? Remember that my account is 10 years old and ~theorize~ about what internet era I might have grown up in.

Yes, people can be wrong, which is what I now think happened here. But if you don't think it's important for Town to point out when people might be deceptively wrong, then your perspective on the game is not one that I will ever understand.
I mean, that's the game of mafia, isn't it? You posted a reaction and I have to judge whether it's genuine or not. If you're town than I'm misjudging you right now. Such is the nature of day 1. If the lies and slander was meant to be a futurama ref, I have to admit you whooshed me with that one.
I don't think it is, no. I'm more inclined to believe that degree of reaction (which is what "overly reacting" corresponds to, rather than "genuineness", imo) is more personality indicative than alignment indicative. There are some people who react more strongly as one alignment over the other, but it's definitely not universal. Now, genuineness and fakeness do more often correspond to alignment, and some people do fake reactions, but I don't think people often fake degrees of reaction.

To the other question: No, I'm simply of the internet generation that will add
flourishes
and CAPS and ~wiggly bits~ to indicate a point that is not, perhaps, 100% serious. I didn't literally mean that he was intentionally lying and slandering, just that I didn't like his points and they didn't feel good to me. The timing of game launch was not great for me so I was trying to force myself to have fun.
In post 247, catboi wrote:
In post 235, goodmorning wrote:That's some of the laziest read justification I think I've ever seen. Nobody has done anything scummier than just not post enough?
In post 236, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I consider lurking to be very scummy and unless someone is exceptionally scummy in other ways we should hang a lurker day 1. Its not lazy justification this is how I play.
Sometimes POE reads are valid if everyone active is towntelling, although I don't think we're at that mark yet. Flipping someone who hasn't posted enough to be readable isn't the worst thing to do in a 9 player game if you're short for other options.
I would disagree (again) (shock/horror). Typically better to flip someone who has some level of association with others and hope the lurkers get replaced imo. Fipping a lurker is info free.
In post 257, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 230, goodmorning wrote:
In post 216, catboi wrote:
In post 181, goodmorning wrote:
Reads, since I asked, on a spectrum from most Town to least (gaps indicate gaps in level of seriousness):

syugar

Numbers

Bella
(1/2 gap)
Goldfish
T02
Cat

Ash

catboi

Feel free to ask about any of these.
If I'm your strongest scum read you should probably be putting words to that.
Probably!
I don't like this. I just looked through GM's ISO while searching catboi. Most of the stuff they said about catboi was just disagreeing with things they said. At the start they scumread the manufacturedness of post 17, which i kinda get but I dont think that's a great reason. The response of putting out welcoming and friendly vibes in a newbie game made sense to me. Since then you havent actually pointed to catboi being scummy just them being wrong. Please put words to it.
It's very interesting to me that nobody else, not even catboi who one might logically expect to follow up, has mentioned this.

Unless the replacements explode the game, I'll try to get to this tonight, though I'll freely admit I don't expect this game to be my priority this evening.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

Just finished reading the game, I don't have much to say(still horrible at reading, it's my 5th game overall).
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 7:52 am

In post 267, goodmorning wrote:
In post 242, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Did you forget that I said I was busy and dealing with some personal stuff and that I couldn't put my mind to the game?
No; I just don't think that makes sense as an explanation. If my head is out of the game, I forget my nullreads exist, not my top 2 scumreads.
You're making a lot of assumptions here .
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 268, Tidus of the X wrote:Just finished reading the game, I don't have much to say(still horrible at reading, it's my 5th game overall).
Wait, like, nothing at all?
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 270, catboi wrote:
In post 268, Tidus of the X wrote:Just finished reading the game, I don't have much to say(still horrible at reading, it's my 5th game overall).
I have a small thing, but I don't know if it's scum related or not and it was mentioned already: T02 thinking of himself

Like he just did that same thing in post #269
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

But overall, pretty much nothing
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:29 am

Post by catboi »

In post 271, Tidus of the X wrote:
In post 270, catboi wrote:
I have a small thing, but I don't know if it's scum related or not and it was mentioned already: T02 thinking of himself

Like he just did that same thing in post #269
What do you mean by that, exactly, "thinking of himself"?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:30 am

@Tidus
Is this your first game on this website? And how much mafia experience outside of it do you have?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”