he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 274, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Tidus
Is this your first game on this website? And how much mafia experience outside of it do you have?
Yep, this is my first game on the site. I have played 4 other mafia games so far, all of it on GameFAQs(all with 48 hour days), so not really that much.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 273, catboi wrote:
In post 271, Tidus of the X wrote:
In post 270, catboi wrote:
In post 268, Tidus of the X wrote:Just finished reading the game, I don't have much to say(still horrible at reading, it's my 5th game overall).
Wait, like, nothing at all?
I have a small thing, but I don't know if it's scum related or not and it was mentioned already: T02 thinking of himself

Like he just did that same thing in post #269
What do you mean by that, exactly, "thinking of himself"?
Things like this:
Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:
In post 242, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Did you forget that I said I was busy and dealing with some personal stuff and that I couldn't put my mind to the game?
No; I just don't think that makes sense as an explanation. If my head is out of the game, I forget my nullreads exist, not my top 2 scumreads.
You're making a lot of assumptions here .
he is defending himself through saying that GoodMorning is just assuming that he shouldn't be able to forget his top 2 scumreads. There is also a substantial amount of other posts where he talks about himself
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 200, Bellaphant wrote:@ash . For example, what did you make of my feeling that the catjoeg/goldfish didn't look t/t?

@to2, you seem to not really be engaging with the wider thread - just stuff that affects you. See: this question to me. It feels survivalist. Plus,it also means you aren't doing the aggressive pushes/posting with confidence I saw in the last game. Also you are/were voting for jumble which is boring and lazy.. and as I just said, I don't expect boring from you.
There's also this
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:07 am

Post by catboi »

I see. Do you think the being excessively focused on himself is potentially scummy?

What do you think about my suspicion of goodmorning? Or syugar's suspicion of Asphodelus?
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 278, catboi wrote:I see. Do you think the being excessively focused on himself is potentially scummy?

What do you think about my suspicion of goodmorning? Or syugar's suspicion of Asphodelus?
I'll have to reread some things, I'll do it later though, gotta do my homework
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

In post 276, Tidus of the X wrote: he is defending himself through saying that GoodMorning is just assuming that he shouldn't be able to forget his top 2 scumreads.
And? That's literally what goodmorning is doing.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:08 am

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.09

goodmorning: (1) catboi
Asphodelus: (2) Takemikazuchi02, syugar
Takemikazuchi02: (1) Asphodelus
Catboi: (1) goodmorning

Not Voting (3): GoldfishFromTheMoon, Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Bellaphant

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-07 10:20:00)

Replacing: asphodelus.
Last edited by Malakittens on Fri May 06, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:27 am

Post by catboi »

I feel like we replaced Jumble with a new model with upgraded firmware. My heart wants to say this is town although I can't actually claim his posting has been particularly telling.

UNVOTE:

I...thought about it a bit, and I don't think GM is the play today. Right now I'd vote for either Ash or Goldfish, whose content was less inspiring on a reread than I remembered. Don't want to go for anyone else.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:34 am

Post by catboi »

In post 267, goodmorning wrote:I don't think it is, no. I'm more inclined to believe that degree of reaction (which is what "overly reacting" corresponds to, rather than "genuineness", imo) is more personality indicative than alignment indicative. There are some people who react more strongly as one alignment over the other, but it's definitely not universal. Now, genuineness and fakeness do more often correspond to alignment, and some people do fake reactions, but I don't think people often fake degrees of reaction.

To the other question: No, I'm simply of the internet generation that will add flourishes and CAPS and ~wiggly bits~ to indicate a point that is not, perhaps, 100% serious. I didn't literally mean that he was intentionally lying and slandering, just that I didn't like his points and they didn't feel good to me. The timing of game launch was not great for me so I was trying to force myself to have fun.
Oh, eh. Didn't pick up on the sarcasm. And as for judgment of your reaction, not sure we're going to go anywhere with this at this point.
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:I would disagree (again) (shock/horror). Typically better to flip someone who has some level of association with others and hope the lurkers get replaced imo. Fipping a lurker is info free.
voting someone because you believe you'll get "information" from it doesn't help a whole lot when that person flips town.
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:It's very interesting to me that nobody else, not even catboi who one might logically expect to follow up, has mentioned this.
I'll be honest: I'm not particularly interested in haranguing you for justification for your scumread of me. If you're going to be tight-lipped about it I'm just going to move on.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 12:00 pm

In post 282, catboi wrote:My heart wants to say this is town although I can't actually claim his posting has been particularly telling.
I'd say he's more likely to be town than maf but I can easily see newb maf playing the way he's doing.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't know about you and GM since I don't know much abiout either of ATM. I don't see any suspicioun between asphodel/syugar
Also, what's this ISO option on posts?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 284, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 282, catboi wrote:My heart wants to say this is town although I can't actually claim his posting has been particularly telling.
I'd say he's more likely to be town than maf but I can easily see newb maf playing the way he's doing.
more or less agreed, alignment is more or less a guessing game there but but i lean town on probability

In post 285, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't know about you and GM since I don't know much abiout either of ATM. I don't see any suspicioun between asphodel/syugar
Also, what's this ISO option on posts?
The ISO option stands for Isolation, if you click it it will show you only the posts by that user in the topic

These were the posts about Asphodelus by syugar:
In post 212, syugar wrote:Oh my gosh, nevermind.

VOTE: Asphodelus

The posts are way too self-conscious and awkward. Looks like an inability to produce content.
In post 213, syugar wrote:viewtopic.php?t=89112&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Tell me this isn't polarized from Aspho, I think I'm good here
In post 255, syugar wrote:Fwiw I still think Asphodel's posts show inability to produce rather than lack of time

These sub hell games are lame af though
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Can someone talk me through why they are tr-ing catjpeg?
I could actually go for GM. Last game they were so in step with me, but I just can't see that.

It worries me that settling for an elim on the ash/goldfish slots just don't give us any info.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@mala, goldfish needs prods.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 10:38 pm

Post by syugar »

I'm bored
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:44 am

Post by goodmorning »

My favorite sports team did a good sports last night and my manager is working from home today so I guess it's time for a p a r t y (aka I'll be around more often today until my phone dies or I get distracted).
In post 268, Tidus of the X wrote:Just finished reading the game, I don't have much to say(still horrible at reading, it's my 5th game overall).
What kinds of things help you read people in a game? Asking them questions? Being asked? Starting fights? Lengthy conversation? Something else?
In post 269, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:
In post 242, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Did you forget that I said I was busy and dealing with some personal stuff and that I couldn't put my mind to the game?
No; I just don't think that makes sense as an explanation. If my head is out of the game, I forget my nullreads exist, not my top 2 scumreads.
You're making a lot of assumptions here .
I don't think I am. When one is Town, one's primary concern is generally finding Scum. When one's primary concern is finding Scum, one generally doesn't forget the players they think are Scum. I don't think there are any big leaps of logic there.
In post 282, catboi wrote:I feel like we replaced Jumble with a new model with upgraded firmware.
My heart wants to say this is town
although I can't actually claim his posting has been particularly telling.
...why? Coming in with "I need to read", following up with "I have no reads but I did notice (thing everyone else said)" and then "I need to reread" doesn't exactly give my heart the warm fuzzies. I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt what with my TR on Numbers but that is Not Great.
In post 283, catboi wrote:
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:I don't think it is, no. I'm more inclined to believe that degree of reaction (which is what "overly reacting" corresponds to, rather than "genuineness", imo) is more personality indicative than alignment indicative. There are some people who react more strongly as one alignment over the other, but it's definitely not universal. Now, genuineness and fakeness do more often correspond to alignment, and some people do fake reactions, but I don't think people often fake degrees of reaction.

To the other question: No, I'm simply of the internet generation that will add flourishes and CAPS and ~wiggly bits~ to indicate a point that is not, perhaps, 100% serious. I didn't literally mean that he was intentionally lying and slandering, just that I didn't like his points and they didn't feel good to me. The timing of game launch was not great for me so I was trying to force myself to have fun.
Oh, eh. Didn't pick up on the sarcasm. And as for judgment of your reaction, not sure we're going to go anywhere with this at this point.
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:I would disagree (again) (shock/horror). Typically better to flip someone who has some level of association with others and hope the lurkers get replaced imo. Fipping a lurker is info free.
voting someone because you believe you'll get "information" from it doesn't help a whole lot when that person flips town.
In post 267, goodmorning wrote:It's very interesting to me that nobody else, not even catboi who one might logically expect to follow up, has mentioned this.
I'll be honest: I'm not particularly interested in haranguing you for justification for your scumread of me. If you're going to be tight-lipped about it I'm just going to move on.
1. We sure aren't.
2. Sure it does. Anyone generating content is also generating other people's reactions to that content. All other things equal (i.e., the likelihood of the slot being Scum), better to elim an active slot than a lurker on D1. But I'm sure we'll agree to disagree there as well.
3. No, I'd noticed you're not a very reactive player.

Very torn on my next course of action. On the one hand, the timing doesn't feel right to make a catboi case; on the other hand, if not now, when? Of course, on the other other hand, there are other slots that we need feedback from more than mine, and I really hate both making cases and wasting my effort..........
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 263, Bellaphant wrote:I really don't like the way you position things in 'either/or' 'probably town' but wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't, 'any opinions" feels weirdly shady.
That's just how I talk, especially when im not sure, which
i wouldnt be suprised if
im
probably maybe and potentially
not
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 283, catboi wrote:I'll be honest: I'm not particularly interested in haranguing you for justification for your scumread of me. If you're going to be tight-lipped about it I'm just going to move on.
I would like to know why. Out of curiosity and to see if its justified. Catboi idk why you are so apathetic to this, i know some people dont question scumreads on themselves because it can make them seem overly defensive and nervous but it cant be good for town for GM to have what seems like a strong scumread but not explain it. They should want to convince other people and get you voted out.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:37 am

Post by goodmorning »

What makes you think there's a case on this earth strong enough to convince 4 other people to vote catboi with me today? Bella TRs him too hard, he won't vote himself, T02 is annoyed with me, and Ash's slot needs replacement, so I would have to convince all of you (maybe doable, since you SR him), Goldfish (no idea), Tidus (no idea), and syugar (prefers own opinions). I don't see that happening.

That's what I meant in my last post when I said the timing wasn't right. Making a push that fizzles often worsens the odds of ever getting your wagon through. People will remember that it didn't work, and then you start to get the "are you still going with that" and the "will you talk about something else already".

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:40 am

Post by goodmorning »

Tl;dr: I only push a wagon hard if 1. I think it will go through or 2. I have a ride or die scumread that I'm 100% on.

This game is not those atm.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 4:30 am

Post by goodmorning »

As much as I don't really want to talk case today, I'll do a very basic outline, because I'm done quotewalling for the moment.

1. Tone. I've already discussed this to death; I don't like the fake friendliness, I don't believe it, and I don't know why we're still getting it.

2. Vote progression. I've mentioned this too, RE: RVS. After that we get a vote and unvote on Cat, both for reasons that seem fairly lackluster (especially the unvote, which to me reads more "I got bored of my vote being here" than "this readslist comes from town because you seem to ~believe~ what you say", particularly considering that in his own playstyle believability is apparently not highly considered). After that, just the vote and unvote on me, which were relatively expected.

3. The argument about That Post. I m already getting tired of writing this so I'll just suggest looking at where he picked it up (after syugar dropped it) (not incredibly AI but mildly. I don't love when people have a tendency to grab other people's abandoned arguments rather than coming up with their own, but mainly only when it becomes a pattern) and where he dropped the argument on each point. Which points were emphasized? Which points were kept until the ultimate drop? Do they make sense to you, the individual reading this, or would you have chosen to emphasize something else (i.e., not theory)? Do you feel like this is AI? (Please do not answer these questions, they are rhetorical.)

4. An extension of the above. Just to say that it's not only in the That Post discussion; I'm often confused by the things he picks out for further discussion/questioning, a fair quantity of which seem to be more theory related than one might want to see.

5. I do actually like his attempts to draw something out of Tidus, even if I'm not sure about the townread coming out of nothing in particular. They seem more actually curious and interested in the game than a lot of the previous stuff. Not great argumentation to end on a hedge, but eh, it's true.

The end (for now)!

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Malakittens »

GoldfishFromTheMoon requested replacement, finding one now.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:39 am

Post by catboi »

In post 287, Bellaphant wrote:Can someone talk me through why they are tr-ing catjpeg?
I could actually go for GM. Last game they were so in step with me, but I just can't see that.

It worries me that settling for an elim on the ash/goldfish slots just don't give us any info.
with cat.jpeg, the way they generated in felt very believable to me, and they way they've been going about questioning people just screams "newbie town legitimately trying to scumhunt". I don't have any reason to believe they aren't acting completely in earnest.

as to eliminating a non-posting slot: this game is SUFFOCATING from inactivity. At this point in time, eliminating someone
who is actually playing the game
for "information" is one of the most anti-town things imaginable. I know we'll be getting replacements and all but i would rather keep around anyone who is at least making some level of contribution
In post 290, goodmorning wrote:...why? Coming in with "I need to read", following up with "I have no reads but I did notice (thing everyone else said)" and then "I need to reread" doesn't exactly give my heart the warm fuzzies. I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt what with my TR on Numbers but that is Not Great.
I don't know, I'm just inherently biased to players who give off the air of "I have no idea what I'm doing", I guess
In post 292, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 283, catboi wrote:I'll be honest: I'm not particularly interested in haranguing you for justification for your scumread of me. If you're going to be tight-lipped about it I'm just going to move on.
I would like to know why. Out of curiosity and to see if its justified. Catboi idk why you are so apathetic to this, i know some people dont question scumreads on themselves because it can make them seem overly defensive and nervous but it cant be good for town for GM to have what seems like a strong scumread but not explain it. They should want to convince other people and get you voted out.
This is a bit difficult to answer, I guess. Particular to this game, I just don't find it that important for goodmorning to explain her read on me. If I were a wagon, it might be a different story. As it is, I have a hard time telling when someone is pushing me for genuine reasons and when they are making it up. I'd rather see GM talk about other players to get a read on her. My assumption was that if she was choosing to be tight-lipped, no amount of me hounding her was going to get her to actually explain her read, so it'd be a waste of time.

I had thought last night there might be a reason goodmorning is town but I don't think it's valid anymore, after reflecting on it. still probably somewhere in null-scum territory, but eh.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:59 am

In post 290, goodmorning wrote: I don't think I am. When one is Town, one's primary concern is generally finding Scum. When one's primary concern is finding Scum, one generally doesn't forget the players they think are Scum. I don't think there are any big leaps of logic there.
You're wrongly assuming I was in the correct state of mind to hunt scum. I don't want to air my private life here but like I already said I was dealing with personal stuff and I was having a bad week-end.
You're also wrongly assuming I was scumreading Jumble and Aspho at the time. I had a vote on Jumble on page 3 but that was mostly a reaction test other than that I wasn't in the mood to evaluate people's activity so I wasn't scumreading people for lurking.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@catboi, fair.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”