Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.16

the worst: (1) catboi
Catboi: (1) goodmorning
Cat.jpeg: (1) Bellaphant
Tidus of the X: (3) the worst, syugar, Lukewarm

Not Voting (3): Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Takemikazuchi02

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-10 10:20:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:22 pm

Post by the worst »

Plus cat + t02 being likely scum while having no reads is, like....interesting. I feel like they're probably just the players with the lowest presence tbh.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: tidus e-1
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by syugar »

nice goodnight
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by syugar »

this d1 was a hell
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 502, Lukewarm wrote:I have gotten to Tidus's rep in, and I have found an equally bad reason to think that Tidus is town as that reason that I thought that cat.jpeg was town. These are the posts that caught my attention.

Spoiler:
In post 52, Cat.Jpeg wrote:What is up with that cake that is on some posts, I had a cake on my first post too, why?
In post 285, Tidus of the X wrote:Also, what's this ISO option on posts?

They both read as genuine curiosity to me that pings me as town.

Like, newbie scum, generally self conscious, sees something that they don't understand - I picture them seeking refuge in their PT where they would feel safe, and they can ask their partner, to avoid possibly looking dumb in the main thread.
I don't think this is a reason to townread someone at all. Didnt think about it when i asked but I would have definitely asked still if i was scum, probably even more so because of how innocuous it would make me look.

Also what does maj mean, i have guessed from context but would like to make sure I have the correct definition. I will be making a lot of posts soon, it will take a while though but most of you are sleeping so its fine.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 502, Lukewarm wrote:I have gotten to Tidus's rep in, and I have found an equally bad reason to think that Tidus is town as that reason that I thought that cat.jpeg was town. These are the posts that caught my attention.

Spoiler:
In post 52, Cat.Jpeg wrote:What is up with that cake that is on some posts, I had a cake on my first post too, why?
In post 285, Tidus of the X wrote:Also, what's this ISO option on posts?

They both read as genuine curiosity to me that pings me as town.

Like, newbie scum, generally self conscious, sees something that they don't understand - I picture them seeking refuge in their PT where they would feel safe, and they can ask their partner, to avoid possibly looking dumb in the main thread.
I don't think this is a reason to townread someone at all. Didnt think about it when i asked but I would have definitely asked still if i was scum, probably even more so because of how innocuous it would make me look.

Also what does maj mean, i have guessed from context but would like to make sure I have the correct definition. I will be making a lot of posts soon, it will take a while though but most of you are sleeping so its fine.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 114, Bellaphant wrote:Huh, it was ash, and their weird vote made me rethink but in hindsight I don't think it's that scummy. Maybe I should've explained more, but I find it interesting to see if other people can interpret others' responses/if they'd seen something 'scummy'.

I'm not tr-ing GM yet, which is weird, as they were lock town by page two last time.

@catboi, that post was plucked out of a hat: they all feel a bit like that. But thank you for considering it anyway, i have really liked your last few posts. I'm starting to agree that the game needs some impetus anyway.

@cst, do you have any town reads? Everyone is a weird pile of null for me but I think it's because people are being a bit cautious.
In post 402, Bellaphant wrote:Cats iso about Bella
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?cat%20p=13355625#p13355625]post 111[/url], Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13354697#p13354697]post 101[/url], Bellaphant wrote:I'm sad noone has asked me who I was previously but am now not town reading. Or guessed.
If you wanted to tell us why didn't you say it earlier? Also like catboi I too assumed it was goodmorning.
suggests a slight scum read. I answered, no follow up

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13358837#p13358837]post 219[/url], Cat.Jpeg wrote:.

Bella , , arent scum/scum interactions. Post and in regards to goldfish (and me) completely go against and 3 most recent posts which i dont love, not finding much AI stuff, do you scumread t02?

Again, a bit of a vague scum read but only one question. Doesn't want to find out why I've made what looks like a contradiction.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13361375#p13361375]post 291[/url], Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13360908#p13360908]post 263[/url], Bellaphant wrote:I really don't like the way you position things in 'either/or' 'probably town' but wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't, 'any opinions" feels weirdly shady.
That's just how I talk, especially when im not sure, which
i wouldnt be suprised if
im
probably maybe and potentially
not

Just a response. Im not seeing a desire to work anything out, or anything concrete.
1. does not suggest a slight scumread (on you) (on GM if thats who you meant then it
kinda
does.) You did answer why you didnt say who you werent townreading anymore and i was satisfied with that answer as I could see you were trying to create discussion and see what other people were thinking and what other people thought you were thinking. I did not ask anymore about that point.
However I did answer the question you had for me at the end, you possibly didnt find it because i did not quote the question because i was responding immediately after you.

2. I do want to find out why you made a contradiction, that's why i pointed it out, i will ask directly in future. Why did you make, what looks like to me, a contradiction?
Also not a scumread, rather a complete null. Which it still is.

3. As mentioned in the post that's just how I talk, what do we work out? how i should convey the fact that im not sure about something or that i want any opinions without using the words 'probably' and 'any' as to not seem
shady
? There is nothing concrete to take from this. Also slightly hypocritical posts and have you talking similarly. As you can see I have omitted the word 'kinda' above to not seem shady, hope you are appeased. Sorry if that was petty.

Early in the game i was wary of you being widely townread and coasting by the rest of the game.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 406, the worst wrote:I don't think I like, quite get the cat.jpeg townreads if I'm honest? they do feel lost and they are posting a fair bit but like. i feel like what they are posting is kinda mostly safe. town is incentivised to find scum, and i'm not sure what they have been posting really does anything to accomplish that? on the other hand, i feel like cat feels like a lot of what cat is posting
looks
good. I think cat's exchange with goldfish felt really dissonant - for a convo where neither party was meant to townread each other, it felt like they found each other very quickly without anything really.. advancing at all.. i just feel like cat's entire read on goldfish has been quite surface and hard to align with how confident cat seems.

i feel very strange that it feels like so many people are quite comfortable on cat being town and i'm just.. not sure i see it? i just feel like cat is just kinda floating thru the game and i am aware that is consistent with lost town but i also don't really see the "town" part of cat's iso so far?

if i'm right on cat or if i'm wrong on cat, i still think tidus is independently scum. maybe vanity voting is the best move for me.
I was townreading goldfish at the time IIRC. I have no idea why people have tried to glean so much from my conversation with goldfish, it was inconsequential to me. I was confused when Catboi suddenly turned around and townread me but I knew others would question it. I dont know if its just me but i prefer analysing people from afar and their interactions with others, rather than with me.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by the worst »

oh no now I think you're town too
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:36 pm

Post by the worst »

"Maj" is short for "(eliminate someone by) majority (vote)". On a lot of sites, when a day's deadline runs out without majority, the person with the highest votes is automatically eliminated by 'plurality'. It's less important on mafiascum because we let days end without an elim if there isn't majority. But the sentiment there is "I would like this day to end shortly".
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:41 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 397, syugar wrote:
In post 396, Bellaphant wrote:@catboi, that's really not what I'm saying? I feel their whole vibe just lacks direction The stuff you occasionally pick out from him as being 'towny' doesn't actually feel like content at all. I guess I can see that pointing out that you are doing a thing you maybe identified as scummy at least looks like critical thinking but ....so what? To what end? Is there any follow up to see if you wall post more as town than scum? It lacks drive.

P-edit.... I kind of get what you two are saying but like....you seem to be holding fairly high standards for 'newb scum woukd do this' and letting a lot go under 'newb town'. *Shrug* maybe I'm a dick though.
It's possible I'm incorrectly making a lot of assumptions, but it's a really inefficient and un-intuitive angle to take as scum, and as a rule of thumb the population as a whole rarely does this when they're scum (lists like 5 people to vote)
In post 476, syugar wrote:If Tidus isn't scum, the worlds I think are viable at the moment are worst/goodmorning, worst/catboi, or one of worst/catboi/goodmorning being partnered with Lukewarm
Would like to put these posts next to each other (i know its not quite the same thing but still, 5 people possibly scum). Ftr I townread syugar right now (not exactly for what is above), i showed some resistance to them earlier because like bella I didnt like the widely accepted unjustified townread that was forming. Their posts make sense, come from a town perspective, and are helpful.
As for me listing 5 people who I didn't mind get getting out, i stand by that post, bella, GM, and catboi were nulls but would give good info, tidus and the worst i thought were likely to be scum. That's a lot of people but this game, as mentioned by many, is a lot of null.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:44 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 535, the worst wrote:oh no now I think you're town too
The toxoplasma gondii effect

'new research raises that question, finding that the parasite Toxoplasma gondii, which lives in cats, actually makes cats attractive — rather than scary — to their natural prey (in this case, rats)'
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:51 pm

Post by the worst »

:lol: I remember reading about toxoplasma gondii, great call.

it would be really weird to suddenly yeet catboi at the 11th hour right? Tidus is the right yeet right?
.....right?
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 462, Tidus of the X wrote:Just know that you probably won't get very much information if I am eliminated, if we eliminate T02 or Cat.jpeg, even if whichever one is eliminated isn't scum, we get some information out of it due to their reads, and I would say there may be a good chance of either of them being scum
In post 464, Tidus of the X wrote:Information out of the flip, you know, like discrediting townreads if they flip mafia and strengthening them if they flip town
I do think after someone flips scum something can be gained from their reads, but if they flip town i dont think you should strengthen townreads or hold their opinions as more correct. I dont want to be the one to hammer you but
intent to hammer
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 539, the worst wrote::lol: I remember reading about toxoplasma gondii, great call.

it would be really weird to suddenly yeet catboi at the 11th hour right? Tidus is the right yeet right?
.....right?
didn't see this, I dont love the tidus push as much as i wish i did and think they might be town although there are good reasons for the scumread. Though if no tidus i would prefer to go for you...
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by the worst »

I think getting a claim from tidus and a response to a few questions (mine are my fav so I'll quote them below) would be kinda ideal
In post 499, the worst wrote:
In post 462, Tidus of the X wrote:Just know that you probably won't get very much information if I am eliminated, if we eliminate T02 or Cat.jpeg, even if whichever one is eliminated isn't scum, we get some information out of it due to their reads, and I would say there may be a good chance of either of them being scum
Could you expand on any/all of

- why t02 is scum
- why cat is scum
- what actionable info do you see us getting if we flip t02 (just one example would be rad)
- what actionable info do you see us getting if we flip cat (just one example would be rad)
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 540, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 464, Tidus of the X wrote:Information out of the flip, you know, like discrediting townreads if they flip mafia and strengthening them if they flip town
I do think after someone flips scum something can be gained from their reads, but if they flip town i dont think you should strengthen townreads or hold their opinions as more correct. I dont want to be the one to hammer you but
intent to hammer
I plan to wait on the hammer for 22hrs ish, to be clear.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:57 pm

Post by the worst »

I'll be asleep at some point but will be back within 12 hours from now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@catjpeg, I feel like you are picking at details rather than at my whole purpose: that's there no drive forward from you. I'll respond to what you said, though.

With the goldfish posting, that's just how I play,.so I really liked the vibe of that posting. I read backwards, I don't town read aggression, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean that having those thoughts make you town. It's also not hard to fake - I would make the post about day one needing to be short as either alignment. I still think the chat between you looked odd..

I do use maybe, kinda, a lot. It does tend to get me scum read ;) but I also want to drive things forward, ask questions, give clearer opinions.

P-edit ugh you actually might be town. If you are town I don't like catboi's response to my initial Sus on you.

But I'm also low-key Sus of the worst, who also is talking about yeeting catboi. Huh.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:14 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

@Tidus
claim role.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:31 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 390, catboi wrote:
In post 352, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I didnt have a lot to base stuff off but the wallposting after at the start catboi said wallposting gets scumread I thought was townie because why would scum want to do that.
To be clear, I wasn't saying that wallposters get scumread. I was saying that they drift away from wallposting because they find people tend to ignore posts that are too long. Sucks but it happens.

(I again though feel like this is a really towny thought from .jpeg?)

In post 374, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: catjpeg

I have tried really hard to see your posts coming from town and I just can't. Why would want to eliminate slots generating content? Like...I think catboi said how anti town that was. I don't think we gets tons of 'help' elim-ing just one of catboi and GM, just based on them cross scum reading each other, it feels a bit like lining up Lims to buy into that way or thinking. (Also can we be aware of the outdated term)

You aren't trying to sort me either. Just...nah.
?_?

Having a disagreeable idea does not make cat.jpeg scum.

Just for clarity this is the post about jpeg that I hate.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Like, I push on jpeg, catboi chimes in sayingns very basic statement is town - no, catjpeg checking meta and backing themselves up would be town, and then misreps my issue with him entirely. Jpeg doesn't think my issue is him having a 'disagreeable idea'. If jpeg flips town this feels really white knighting.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 1:12 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 546, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Tidus
claim role.
Town vanilla(first time being vanilla btw)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”