Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 574, catboi wrote:I am in a foul mood. I am coming off an offsite game a few days ago where I lost and barely anyone spoke to me like I was in the game at all or even a human being. I am persistently treated this way in games. I am very sick of it. You're not helping me right now, Luke.
I am sorry that you feel this way. My last post was written as a direct response to 571, and you just happened to ninja me there. My last two posts before that were written directly to you.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:49 am

Post by syugar »

In post 572, catboi wrote:
In post 553, syugar wrote:
In post 551, catboi wrote:I maintain Tidus very likely flips town. I am incredibly suspicious of worst for pushing there and it probably tanks syugar in my estimation as well. Don't think they're scum together but doubt both are town.

I think to some extent flopping around and forcing out a bunch of claims at deadline is anti-town but I can't in good conscience send this through so I'll sit back in protest until we're truly running out of time with no alternative.
I don't see what you do
In post 554, syugar wrote:Tidus is even in the thread now and can't answer any of the questions thrown at him aside from his role, idk man
I think what you are seeing is the product of inexperience and not being used to making reads rather than a scum role PM. It is that simple.
I understand that, but I don't know why you think that, like what are the hallmarks of this being a towngame instead of a scumgame, it just feels like we ended up on different sides of a binary crapshoot and I don't understand why you're on your side other than that you intuitively think he is towning due to something indescribable

So it's far from simple for me

Also, not making reads is one thing, but not making reads and then coming out with the "lynch X or Y for more information over me" line is totally different in my eyea

And not making reads is one thing, but not answering a single direct question about said statement when you're reading the thread and just dipping after a claim is another

I don't expect someone to freeze up to questions about things they have already said as town - they have to had believed in what they were saying, which means there must be an explanation as to why. That he has not bothered to reply to theworsts questions and give us that explanation makes it not seem considered at all
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If it makes you feel any better, I very much like you are a person and am happy to see you in every game that we have run into one another.

I think that I made the comment to you once before that it was impressive that you managed to make me feel like you were someone that I looked forward to seeing in future games on two different accounts while I did not know you were the same person lol
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 am

Post by syugar »

In post 573, Lukewarm wrote:I don't think that he ever plays this way if Tidus is scum.

I think that he would be loudly pushing an alternative wagon, and trying to save Tidus that way. Or, he would have accepted the inevitable and tried to get towncred on the bus.

Reading up, I saw him voicing suspicions on the worst, but never really trying to canvas the votes.
If that's the case he is probably just town

I don't disagree with your reasoning here either, but don't think he'd TMI at the same time
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:52 am

Post by syugar »

I mean I'd disagree that he'd bus (probably? am I the only one who thinks this setup is dreadfully townsided?) but I'd agree he'd be more proactive about this
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:55 am

Post by syugar »

and I wouldn't use TMI as a reason to not elim Tidus here

(am I throwing the game? do I sound stupid for doing this vote?)
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:59 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 557, syugar wrote:
In post 552, goodmorning wrote:
In post 515, syugar wrote:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
This is not a bad point, and syugar's response to it was not great.
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
Same reason I didn't like T02 forgetting Numbers existed, it makes it look like your reads are more reads of convenience than reads based on the actual game, aka not trying to actually solve, aka not Town.
That's honestly what it looks like to you? Deadass?
Yep, sure does. I'm willing to accept that you may have just been careless with your typing, as you claim, but I also don't like that idea (NAI reasons though).

Can someone tell me what on earth a TMI is in this context? I don't remember that being a thing.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Are you saying catboi is whiteknighting tidus,syugar?

@catboi, I don't see anyone here treating you badly. I'm sorry you had that experience.

P-edit I've also forgot what garcai-ing meant. In fact I've only seen one user on this site use it.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:02 am

Post by syugar »

In post 581, goodmorning wrote: Yep, sure does. I'm willing to accept that you may have just been careless with your typing, as you claim, but I also don't like that idea (NAI reasons though).

Can someone tell me what on earth a TMI is in this context? I don't remember that being a thing.
P1: Why?
P2: Too much information. Using perfect info of scum to make an improbable townread, usually to look protown after a flip
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:04 am

Post by syugar »

In post 582, Bellaphant wrote:Are you saying catboi is whiteknighting tidus,syugar?

@catboi, I don't see anyone here treating you badly. I'm sorry you had that experience.

P-edit I've also forgot what garcai-ing meant. In fact I've only seen one user on this site use it.
I don't know with what implications you are using the term whiteknighting. I think he believes his read.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:08 am

Post by syugar »

In post 582, Bellaphant wrote:P-edit I've also forgot what garcai-ing meant. In fact I've only seen one user on this site use it.
Oh, that's just like, don't answer questions for someone else.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:11 am

Post by syugar »

Sorry to bring out, like, obscure or dinosaur terms. I have played WAY TOO MUCH of this game. No cap. I know every term ever invented.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

@Catboi
My problem with Tidus is that he doesn't look like he's even trying. I can understand not being able to make reads when you're new but he has added absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Does this mean he's maf? If he is then he's certainly being bussed but why would his partner not try to coach him at first instead of bussing him right off the bat because Tidus 100% never got coached? All this points to him being more likely to be town than maf to me which is why I haven't voted for him.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:55 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 583, syugar wrote:
In post 581, goodmorning wrote: Yep, sure does. I'm willing to accept that you may have just been careless with your typing, as you claim, but I also don't like that idea (NAI reasons though).

P2: Too much information. Using perfect info of scum to make an improbable townread, usually to look protown after a flip
Why to which part?

syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 587, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Catboi
My problem with Tidus is that he doesn't look like he's even trying. I can understand not being able to make reads when you're new but he has added absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Does this mean he's maf? If he is then he's certainly being bussed but why would his partner not try to coach him at first instead of bussing him right off the bat because Tidus 100% never got coached? All this points to him being more likely to be town than maf to me which is why I haven't voted for him.
why are you certain he's being bussed?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 588, goodmorning wrote:
In post 583, syugar wrote:

Why to which part?
Why don't you like "that idea"
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:11 am

Post by goodmorning »

I don't care for carelessness.

Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:20 am

@Syugar
Because there is no chance he's getting coached and if you have a partner like him coach or bus are your only options with coach being the vastly superior option because maf doesn't gain anything by having one of them hanged day 1 which is why I don't think he's maf.

VOTE: Lukewarm I'll drop my vote here instead.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 584, syugar wrote:
In post 582, Bellaphant wrote:Are you saying catboi is whiteknighting tidus,syugar?

I don't know with what implications you are using the term whiteknighting. I think he believes his read.
I understand/use it to mean a scum declaring people 'town' and defending them to pocket/also use as a shiny to point at later, 'see, I told you X was town but GM and Bella both were on that wagon!'. It would explain a little to me how weird their town reads seem.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:36 am

Post by syugar »

In post 591, goodmorning wrote:I don't care for carelessness.
Neither do scum, they refine their posts meticulously and make sure they're consistent
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 593, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 584, syugar wrote:

I understand/use it to mean a scum declaring people 'town' and defending them to pocket/also use as a shiny to point at later, 'see, I told you X was town but GM and Bella both were on that wagon!'. It would explain a little to me how weird their town reads seem.
It just lacks nuance to say that he's TMIing
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 am

Post by syugar »

In post 592, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Syugar
Because there is no chance he's getting coached and if you have a partner like him coach or bus are your only options with coach being the vastly superior option because maf doesn't gain anything by having one of them hanged day 1 which is why I don't think he's maf.

VOTE: Lukewarm I'll drop my vote here instead.
Given all the resistance to the lynch, him not being bussed would explain a lot more.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 am

Post by syugar »

God damn it

Resistance to the elim*

Maybe playing games on the internet is past my time
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:42 am

Post by syugar »

I understand why, but its so irritating to have to swap a word you've been saying for around 15 years.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:48 am

In post 598, syugar wrote:I understand why