Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 465, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 147, catboi wrote:
In post 145, Bellaphant wrote:My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
I think in particular w/r/t syugar I've seen other players take that kind of aggressive approach where they seem to fos a lot of people on entry and gotten wary of it because of how wide their suspicion seemed to be, but the player ended up being town anyway. Just think stylistically the scattered approach is more likely to be town where scum faking aggression take a narrow-tunnel approach

If I assemble my vague townish feelings together, I have Cat.Jpeg (feel very good about this one), goldfish, bella, and syugar. It's possible I'm wrong on one of these because it's earrly, but if it
is
true it would mean all the scum would be in GM, Ash, T02, and jumble. Which feels...plausible?
Catboi, what moved TO2 into your scum pile, given you seemed to town read their entrance?
Another thought that I had about this post, is that cat.jpeg going from "the person catboi was voting" to his single highest town read is probably + town for him.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:28 am

Post by syugar »

If Tidus isn't scum, the worlds I think are viable at the moment are worst/goodmorning, worst/catboi, or one of worst/catboi/goodmorning being partnered with Lukewarm

Scum simply feels deeper this game, no good instincts

Things that are already obvious but I want written down:

catboi/gm not being partners is kind of obvious

TheWorst (Goldfish)/cat.jpeg can never be partners, just because of what cat.jpeg said about goldfish's scumgame today (but cat.jpeg is probably just town so this is less important)

Wouldn't go for Bella unless alive in final three, but if all of the options look weird that slot can go under some reexamination

What else... dunno. I'm out of stuff to say

Most likely not changing my vote today
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 am

Post by syugar »

Tidus being scum would explain way more about the gamestate though, I had my blinders on the whole time

goodmorning seems like a good candidate for his partner
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I replaced goldfish, the worst replaced Ash
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:32 am

Post by syugar »

In post 478, Lukewarm wrote:I replaced goldfish, the worst replaced Ash
Right my bad (was busy brain blasting)

You can never be partnered with cat.jpeg then

Worst probably isn't either based on their inquiries and such

Kind of takes jpeg out of lynch contention because the worlds are getting narrow
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:32 am

Post by syugar »

Done posting for now. GL
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Does your scum read on The Worst come more from them after rep in? What was your read on Ash before the rep out happened?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:35 am

Post by syugar »

In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
i dont care
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Hm. You were voting Ash for a long time.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:36 am

Post by syugar »

In post 482, Lukewarm wrote:Does your scum read on The Worst come more from them after rep in? What was your read on Ash before the rep out happened?
This will be answered if you finish reading the thread before asking questions
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 485, syugar wrote:
In post 482, Lukewarm wrote:Does your scum read on The Worst come more from them after rep in? What was your read on Ash before the rep out happened?
I find interacting with people in real time at least as important (if not more so) to figuring out reads then just reading the back log of the thread. So, yeah, I'm gonna prod at you if I see something that makes me think your reads are fake.

What was your read on Goldfish before the rep?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:38 am

Post by syugar »

I meant to say eliminate not the L word (sorry)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:40 am

Post by syugar »

In post 486, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 485, syugar wrote:
I find interacting with people in real time at least as important (if not more so) to figuring out reads then just reading the back log of the thread. So, yeah, I'm gonna prod at you if I see something that makes me think your reads are fake.

What was your read on Goldfish before the rep?
It's important, but you disregard the question that I didn't answer and have moved on to a new one?

IIRC I was scumreading their entrance, but wasn't convinced because they were claiming their scum meta was wildly different (polarized). I thought that was weird. I asked multiple times for someone to show me a Goldfish scum game since multiple people seemed to know about this, but nobody ever sent me one.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 488, syugar wrote:It's important, but you disregard the question that I didn't answer and have moved on to a new one?
I went and found the answer to that quesiton on my own
In post 484, Lukewarm wrote:Hm. You were voting Ash for a long time.

IIRC I was scumreading their entrance, but wasn't convinced because they were claiming their scum meta was wildly different (polarized). I thought that was weird. I asked multiple times for someone to show me a Goldfish scum game since multiple people seemed to know about this, but nobody ever sent me one.
noted.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:43 am

Post by syugar »

In post 489, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 488, syugar wrote:It's important, but you disregard the question that I didn't answer and have moved on to a new one?
I went and found the answer to that quesiton on my own
In post 484, Lukewarm wrote:Hm. You were voting Ash for a long time.
What method did you use to find that information in around 1 minute?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I opened your ISO, hit control f, typed "vote: " to see your voting history.

And promptly saw that Ash was your most recent vote prior to your recent switch to Tidus, and that that vote had been cast like 5 days ago.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:46 am

Post by syugar »

In post 491, Lukewarm wrote:I opened your ISO, hit control f, typed "vote: " to see your voting history.

And promptly saw that Ash was your most recent vote prior to your recent switch to Tidus, and that that vote had been cast like 5 days ago.
I don't believe that you didn't know this before asking that question. 1 minute is too fast. I believe that you were performatively asking questions you already knew the answer to, although to what end I am not sure. What do you think about that?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 492, syugar wrote:
In post 491, Lukewarm wrote:I opened your ISO, hit control f, typed "vote: " to see your voting history.

I don't believe that you didn't know this before asking that question. 1 minute is too fast. I believe that you were performatively asking questions you already knew the answer to, although to what end I am not sure. What do you think about that?
I think that you must be pretty slow on a computer to think that I couldn't spot check that information that quickly.

But, I also think that this post (492) is not very likely a defense that scum would make
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:50 am

Post by syugar »

I guess I'll believe you since the last post number you quoted while catching up was like 147

Anyway, this is a bit of thread bloat, I'm going to log off for a bit
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If you say so.

I I am not sure what made you think that

[I saw your post -> I asked a question I knew the answer to-> I then answered my own question without waiting for you to answer -> I moved on to more questions]

is a sequence that makes more sense then

[I saw your post -> it made me suspicious -> I asked a question -> I immediately went to see if I could find that information myself -> I asked follow up questions based on the information that I had found]

(I hate the way this post is formatted, but I cannot find a better way to do it x.x)
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:04 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'd really like a response from jpeg before day ends.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Taking a break:

Currently don't want Bella, cat.jpeg, catboi, or syugar to be the elim.

I have possibly the most thoughts on Goodmorning of literally any slot in the game, but they are conflicting thoughts so I am having a really hard time sorting her

I would not stand in the way of any of Tidus, the worst, Takem, GM
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:20 am

Post by the worst »

In post 467, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I have a question I want answered before the day ends. To the people that townread me, why exactly?
A couple of things shine through for me. For the most part, your posts feel pretty earnest and unburdened by the kinds of things which I think scum are usually burdened by.

Since the start of the game you've taken an approach which seems to prioritise pressing players over being charismatic. I think you've made votes and voiced reads which are not conventional and seem to go against the grain of the rest of the thread. Less experienced scum on d1 tend to look for ways to get through safely, or at worst ways to work pockets on players for later in the game. I'm not seeing you doing either. "Anti-charismatic" is a word which jumps to mind, but also not exactly. You're just prioritising pushing your thoughts over charisma and I think that reads as sincere.

This is similar to the reason I initially liked syugar.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:23 am

Post by the worst »

In post 462, Tidus of the X wrote:Just know that you probably won't get very much information if I am eliminated, if we eliminate T02 or Cat.jpeg, even if whichever one is eliminated isn't scum, we get some information out of it due to their reads, and I would say there may be a good chance of either of them being scum
Could you expand on any/all of

- why t02 is scum
- why cat is scum
- what actionable info do you see us getting if we flip t02 (just one example would be rad)
- what actionable info do you see us getting if we flip cat (just one example would be rad)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”