She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 522, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 520, Alianna wrote:
In post 448, furtiveglance wrote:I don't like the look of the Titus wagon, apart from Goldfish.
Could you explain why Goldfish is an exception here?
Strong gut townread which I explained in . Do you scumread Goldfish, or are you just trying to make me doubt?

Just fyi, I would consider this a scum+ post from you. It's just probing without offering any of your own analysis.
No, I don’t scumread Goldfish. I forgot she was your top TR.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 24
On hiatus from playing mafia.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 523, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 521, furtiveglance wrote:I haven't really changed my thoughts since yesterday. I think the Alianna wagon looked pretty clean, and might be my favourite vote in today: Part 2, even more so now that Titus is definitely town. Radical Rat still giving me bad vibes along with Dunnstral (or their replacement), but obviously only 2 mafia. I've changed my position on Cat slightly, they seemed to really want a vote on Radical Rat so might be town.
Do you have any thoughts about assosiatives?

You have a lot of scum reads which makes me think this is a "if X is scum then Y isn't, but if X is town Y is definitely scum" kind of situation. so who do you think is paired or definitely isn't?
I have a scumpool of 3 right now. [Alianna, Dunnstral, Radical Rat]

So I don't really need to do associatives, because we can run through all three of these.

The thing is that Dunnstral was a townread of both Alianna and RR so they don't fit in, which is why I still think Alianna/RR is most likely.

But I need to rethink things. It's a new day.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I just realised I formatted posts like above ^^ in my latest scumgame, Newbie 2093. It's just a new habit, don't scumread me for it.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 526, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 521, furtiveglance wrote:I haven't really changed my thoughts since yesterday. I think the Alianna wagon looked pretty clean, and might be my favourite vote in today: Part 2, even more so now that Titus is definitely town. Radical Rat still giving me bad vibes along with Dunnstral (or their replacement), but obviously only 2 mafia. I've changed my position on Cat slightly, they seemed to really want a vote on Radical Rat so might be town.

You have a lot of scum reads which makes me think this is a "if X is scum then Y isn't, but if X is town Y is definitely scum" kind of situation. so who do you think is paired or definitely isn't?

So I don't really need to do associatives, because we can run through all three of these.

The thing is that Dunnstral was a townread of both Alianna and RR so they don't fit in, which is why I still think Alianna/RR is most likely.

I don’t townread Dunn anymore. Note to self - preflip associatives are a bad idea.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by Alianna »

Wagon on me was interesting and draws parallels with 2092 but I don’t want to comment too much until I’ve thought more.
I townread Alianna.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I wasn't pushing Titus until the end when she came at me when she lied to try to push me

I even said I didn't think what they were doing was scummy right before that.

I agree with RR in
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

In post 526, furtiveglance wrote:

I think we all need to rethink things for today,

Of your scumpool I think Alianna and RR are possible scum, but not together, and I townlean Dunnstral
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Why aren't they paired?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 532, furtiveglance wrote:Why aren't they paired?
Peep my delirious hallucinations in .
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 530, Dunnstral wrote:I wasn't pushing Titus until the end when she came at me when she lied to try to push me

I even said I didn't think what they were doing was scummy right before that.

I agree with RR in
This only makes you look worse to me though. It suggests you were voting for Titus to go out not because you necessarily read them as scum, but just because they were trying to push you. I understand it's frustrating if Titus twisted the truth to suspect you, but in my experience scum try to look less deliberately scummy than that. I get the first turn is difficult but not keen on someone being on the Titus wagon solely due to how they individually were read by Titus.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 514, furtiveglance wrote:Flea voting for Titus slightly dampens my townread there. I think Goldfish is the most town for me.

I would like to inform Goldfish.

VOTE: Goldfish
I'd generally agree here. There's a part of me that's slightly hesitant though because Goldfish was ultimately on a town wagon I thought was quite bad...but I get not everyone on said wagon is going to be scum and players do make mistakes. Will put my vote on Goldfish for now, but I am open to alternative ideas/suggestions if anyone has them. However, struggling to think of too many players I'm entirely confident on here to be informed.

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:24 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 535, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 514, furtiveglance wrote:Flea voting for Titus slightly dampens my townread there. I think Goldfish is the most town for me.

I'd generally agree here. There's a part of me that's slightly hesitant though because Goldfish was ultimately on a town wagon I thought was quite bad...but I get not everyone on said wagon is going to be scum and players do make mistakes. Will put my vote on Goldfish for now, but I am open to alternative ideas/suggestions if anyone has them. However, struggling to think of too many players I'm entirely confident on here to be informed.

I agree with your point about the Titus wagon but I don't really want to inform Cat, so that leaves us two. I would like to be informed but I think some people still have reservations, and Goldfish is a bit easier to read than you for me. I think their follow ups and reaction to that condemn have been good.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I've thought about this inform ability a bit more. It will most likely give us a confirmed town, because mafia wouldn't want to out themselves. I think based on yesterday the player we will be informed of is probably Flea/Malcolm, for being consensus townreads.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:01 pm

In post 537, furtiveglance wrote:I've thought about this inform ability a bit more. It will most likely give us a confirmed town, because mafia wouldn't want to out themselves. I think based on yesterday the player we will be informed of is probably Flea/Malcolm, for being consensus townreads.
It basically gives us an immortal innocent child, because the way I understand the person who information is given about gains bulletproof.

I have a gtkas
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:12 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

true. town actually have some good abilities in this setup, I'm looking forward to Track and Watch if scum are taking requests :)
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:15 pm

In post 539, furtiveglance wrote:true. town actually have some good abilities in this setup, I'm looking forward to Track and Watch if scum are taking requests :)
As the player pool gets smaller the abilities will become more useful (as with normal PR's) which is good.

I have a gtkas
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Guys lets not get hasty, the mafia probably have their NK on who they think will get informed and will be trying to get that person voted. So I reckon goldfish might be dying soon, other possibilities are malcolm and flea. I was originally going to sit back and watch anyone overly eager to get someone informed but if I wait for everyone to give their opinion goldfish will probably be voted by then. I would rather we vote furtive but ive been considering the possibility that the scumread on titus then the turnaround might have been orchestrated for town cred but avoid being acused of TMI but i will need to read some stuff again to determine if that seems likely. We could also vote me :)

Also its kinda interesting that we got inform, i was not expecting that.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I assumed Goldfish would be informed after the inform phase but before the main vote to kill phase.

This is kind of a mod question - when is the information given to the voted player in the inform phase?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 537, furtiveglance wrote:I've thought about this inform ability a bit more. It will most likely give us a confirmed town, because mafia wouldn't want to out themselves. I think based on yesterday the player we will be informed of is probably Flea/Malcolm, for being consensus townreads.
Happy to be checked if preferred.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:46 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 539, furtiveglance wrote:true. town actually have some good abilities in this setup, I'm looking forward to Track and Watch if scum are taking requests :)
I personally want imprison, sure we dont get a definite answer but i think it would be more fun if we hit something, also slightly more likely. Also track will get much more op if only one mafia is left, so will imprison but less so (because if there are 2 scum and they know we are more sus of one they will make the other do the kill.) Watch will just be really good with less people alive (mafia will expect that we watch most townread player and so they wont kill them, wifom ensues)
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:49 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 541, Cat.Jpeg wrote:

Guys lets not get hasty, the mafia probably have their NK on who they think will get informed and will be trying to get that person voted. So I reckon goldfish might be dying soon, other possibilities are malcolm and flea. I was originally going to sit back and watch anyone overly eager to get someone informed but if I wait for everyone to give their opinion goldfish will probably be voted by then.
I would rather we vote furtive
but ive been considering the possibility that the scumread on titus then the turnaround might have been orchestrated for town cred but avoid being acused of TMI but i will need to read some stuff again to determine if that seems likely. We could also vote me :)

Also its kinda interesting that we got inform, i was not expecting that.
Surely Furtive would also be at risk of elimination in the night phase if they are town though? If they aren't mafia then they are making an active effort to solve and figure out the game here. I don't think their elimination (if not mafia) is any less likely than that of myself/Goldfish/Flea here. Remember, it's not as if mafia knew overnight who we'd potentially want to inform - so it would quite frankly just be complete coincidence if they happen to hit Goldfish in the night, to give an example. And ultimately I'm not sure I'd want to go for a less trusted player because there's then surely a greater chance that said player ends up turning out to be mafia.

I take your point re a possible Furtive turnaround, it's something I've very much not ruled out...but then if that's your concern, surely you'd be wary to give Furtive the inform ability?
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 542, furtiveglance wrote:I assumed Goldfish would be informed after the inform phase but before the main vote to kill phase.

This is kind of a mod question - when is the information given to the voted player in the inform phase?
it says in the setup, at the start of the next nightphase. otherwise really unfair to the mafia and you might as well just announce the bulletproof to everyone (well there is the possibility of goldfish being mafia and lying but i dont think so)
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 542, furtiveglance wrote:I assumed Goldfish would be informed after the inform phase but before the main vote to kill phase.

Yes would like to know this too, don't necessarily think it should impact our choice, because I don't think there's a glaringly obvious night elimination for scum at the moment provided we have our town reads right, but would be handy all the same for those uncertain about who to pick on the basis of this.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 546, Cat.Jpeg wrote:

it says in the setup, at the start of the next nightphase. otherwise really unfair to the mafia and you might as well just announce the bulletproof to everyone (well there is the possibility of goldfish being mafia and lying but i dont think so)
Ah, alright, cheers for clarifying.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:52 pm

In post 547, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Yes would like to know this too, don't necessarily think it should impact our choice, because I don't think there's a glaringly obvious night elimination for scum at the moment provided we have our town reads right, but would be handy all the same for those uncertain about who to pick on the basis of this.
I would agree, there are a few people who are fairly universally townread and it could be any of us. I wouldn't have pinned myself as the obvious choice.

I have a gtkas

Return to “Completed Open Games”