Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 3:10 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

Wouldn't have guessed LLD stood for lambdadelta. Makes sense in a mafia forum I guess.
My first game had a no kills N1 too and just like that game I don't think an intentional no-kill scenario is worth considering so first we need to confirm so I think mass claim is worth considering because the game may already be over.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 669, catboi wrote:Also, newbie 2093 ended, so I can say that Asphodelus replaced out because she wasn't feeling into her games. So I don't think her dropping from this game is necessarily AI, and I'm not sure her being underwhelming compared to her other games is necessarily AI. I still think worst's play from Day 1 is significantly scum-motivated.
I am not feeling the worst right now, and I think that we should kill Goodmorning.

I felt off about a lot of goodmorning posts day 1.

First thing I didn't like was the repeated busy work questions that they asked in post . Like three in a row.

Then I liked a lot of catboi's points about them.

I felt like they got overly defensive when dealing with syugar. Particuarly the "slanders and lies" line.

It also stood out to me that they kept doing a page number reference thing in their posts. Like, a lot.
Spoiler:
In post 154, goodmorning wrote:Page 5
In post 157, goodmorning wrote:Page 6 (and the top of page 7)
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:Page 8:
In post 230, goodmorning wrote:Page 9:
In post 381, goodmorning wrote:Page 13
In post 382, goodmorning wrote:Page 14
In post 383, goodmorning wrote:Page 15:
In post 509, goodmorning wrote:Through 17:
In post 510, goodmorning wrote:Through 19:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:Through present

Seeing it, I really didn't like it on a gut level. Especially as it kept happening. I went back and checked their iso in their last couple games over night, and I did not see this in any of them. Like, not a single post doing it. Much less how many times it happened here.

I feel like I think it could be because they are self conscious, and feel the need to clarify their posts.

I'm holding off my vote until we decide if we are doing the popcorn thing.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 3:12 am

Post by the worst »

Haha yeah, not a common acronym, LLD is just a really well known user on this site.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 3:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 2.0

Not Voting (8): cat.jpeg, goodmorning, syugar, Lukewarm, Bellaphant, catboi, the worst, Takemikazuchi02

With 8 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-19 08:00:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Thu May 12, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 7:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 665, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 664, catboi wrote:No deaths is good-ish. Given how stalled out things were yesterday, I was thinking that if no PRs died during the night we'd have people claim to narrow down the pool of suspects. Thoughts? (taking a page from LLD with this strategy)
I am not opposed to this, i dont think? LLD convinced me that day 2 popcorn pr claims is good in general a while back - but I have not thought a out whether a lack of kill affects that at all.
nope not with 8 alive
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@mod,.vla until monday
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by syugar »

slank cover til tomorrow, dont know what to say
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by syugar »

theres no massing with 8 people it makes sense with 7 imo

in that sense it sucks no one died
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by syugar »

catboi, t02, bella i believe to be town, squabbling over who else gets elim i dont particularly care, still
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by the worst »

not sure I see much diff between massing in 6:2 and massing in 5:2 tbh they're both one day from elo. not massing just increases odds of information loss if someone's hit and means there's less chance of scum being outed via massclaim if we do it in elo

what difference are you seeing there?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 683, syugar wrote:catboi, t02, bella i believe to be town, squabbling over who else gets elim i dont particularly care, still
probably fine
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Massclaiming makes no sense with either 8 or 7 alive. Trying to hamstring your PRs at this stage of the game in a semiopen is not correct and I will fight anyone who thinks it is. (Even LLD, and I really like LLD!)

Now, if this were an Open, it probably would be correct, but this is not an Open.

Also: in the specific Tracker scenario mentioned, where a JK claims, it would make more sense for the Tracker to claim VT so that they can continue to investigate; otherwise they are completely useless as they'd likely eat the JK N2 (i.e., not being able to do their job) and very possibly become a miselim candidate afterwards, since they wouldn't even have "innocent child" status by way of the massclaim.

I think the only other thing for me to address is @Luke:
1. You clearly haven't been actually reading my posts if you're bringing "lies and slander" back up again.
2. What makes you think those were "busywork" questions instead of, I don't know, actual questions?
3. You wouldn't have noticed that over my "last couple games", since it's usually something I do when I get behind/replace in to games. My last game i was one of the more prolific posters, and the games before that were when I was in the process of site flaking 6 years ago and did not give a single shit about staying informed.

Anyway, more reads stuff later when I can be bothered but suffice it to say catboi may actually be Town. When I reread the game just for content and not tone, there was nothing in his posts to dislike. Also I figured out what I didn't like about Cat using the same words as me - mirroring can be used to buddy (& is the most common method of irl buddying, intentional and otherwise). Whether that means anything here is still undecided.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: goodmorning

shrug
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by the worst »

i have several concerns & like where this is going

VOTE: goodmorning
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 684, the worst wrote:not sure I see much diff between massing in 6:2 and massing in 5:2 tbh they're both one day from elo. not massing just increases odds of information loss if someone's hit and means there's less chance of scum being outed via massclaim if we do it in elo

in a slightly mathematically worse position id like the option for them to maybe miskill
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by syugar »

and, i mean, if theres an rb rather than a rolecop the chance is pretty good
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 685, the worst wrote:
In post 683, syugar wrote:catboi, t02, bella i believe to be town, squabbling over who else gets elim i dont particularly care, still
probably fine
maybe misremembering, u werent in the catboi tmi camp?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by syugar »

nvm ill just reread later im being bad
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by syugar »

btw

chance for another kill block if we dont mass

the extra elim is pertinent here
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

The worsts reads seem to be 'elim anything that isn't me'. I've not played with them much, but I don't recognize this kind of survivalist/ opportunist vibe. I'd like to see them really take ownership of a case, even if to understand their thought process.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by the worst »

less "anyone who isn't me" at this point, more "anyone I don't townread". i'm not really sure i convinced myself on catboi. i think i was probably wrong to scumread cat.jpeg on catchup.

on reread i'm not really convinced goodmorning is a good townread and i don't like their opening to this phase.
In post 691, syugar wrote:
In post 685, the worst wrote:
probably fine
maybe misremembering, u werent in the catboi tmi camp?
yeah i was...... i changed my mind tbh
In post 689, syugar wrote:
In post 684, the worst wrote:not sure I see much diff between massing in 6:2 and massing in 5:2 tbh they're both one day from elo. not massing just increases odds of information loss if someone's hit and means there's less chance of scum being outed via massclaim if we do it in elo

in a slightly mathematically worse position id like the option for them to maybe miskill
i think it's just not a very probable situation unfortunately. like yeah it'd be super sweet to get 1-3 living cleared slots & 4-5 elims in a 9p game. it's just a really unlikely. more likely we end up with 1-2 living clears tomorrow and 1-2 eliminations left without a safety net for discrediting counterclaims.

i'm becoming a bit bored of this convo & would rather just annihilate the scums via dayplay anyway, so i won't labour this. but the arguments against massclaiming aren't convincing.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

If both prs claim neither of them will definitely die (because we have a protective role) unless we have a mafia roleblocker which is a 2/5 chance. If there isn’t a roleblocker then I think its still unlikely doctor/jailkeeper will save the nk and it will be wifom thing. Bit better chance if it’s a jailkeeper though but still not good odds. I think the prs should claim tmr. If one of the prs dies sure we miss out on a potential conf town that they could of told us of, but on day 3 we can just look at their biggest townread from today. As for if a jailkeeper dies well yea their info will be lost.

About jailkeeper, obviously a conf mafia is more useful than a conf town but is a 'either mafia or nightkill' more useful than a conf town? im not sure but if we had a jailkeeper they probably picked someone with the intention of protecting them or stopping them from killing so they likely have an opinion about whether their target is town or not. I'm opposed to mass claim today unless we have a jailkeeper with somebody they think is scum (or a different role with a guilty but obviously you should always claim if ur that). If thats the case then the jailkeeper should claim then we should start popcorning after that. I don't think its good to have only one of the prs claiming, it should be all or none based off of what happened in my last game where scum claimed tracker, a role that was compatible with both real prs so neither counterclaimed. Anyway if none of the prs claim we can just assume they only have conf towns. (i guess if somebody had a conf townread on the worst or GM or something that would be useful too, up to you if you want to claim on that)
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 9:15 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 686, goodmorning wrote:Also I figured out what I didn't like about Cat using the same words as me - mirroring can be used to buddy (& is the most common method of irl buddying, intentional and otherwise). Whether that means anything here is still undecided.
I am also mirroring your pfp. Anyway I had no idea you used 'I don't love' so much until I checked your iso, it was completely subconscious. My scheming is no where near the purposefully copying mannerisms level yet. Also hate to say it but you townreading me probably wouldnt help me too much this game.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 am

Personally I'm not confident that we"ll eliminate scum today and if we don't we'll be at lylo tomorrow and pr claims will lose a lot of their power because maf can cc and force a 50/50.

VOTE: goodmorning lets start this popcorn thing by forcing gm to claim.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 am

E-2 btw