UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Wenna »

Good morning everyone that is still alive, commiserations to the corpses of townsfolk.

Sorry I have not messaged sooner, I was busy pretending to be dead, but nobody found my body because waiting corpse-like in another room online is pretty awkward, virtual-dimension-wise. I spent my time in the pseudo-afterlife listening to what everyone had to say, and trying to get some reads. Not unlike playing in real life. Except it's actually much more difficult. So if everyone could just describe their faces, tone, inflections, body language, and general demeanour while typing, that would be great. Now I see why you forum veterans talk so much of the ever-abstruse "meta".

I have nothing valuable to say. So here are some useless facts: I am even worse at this online, but am enjoying reading the thread, and I thought Postie or Myko was a baddy and now one is dead. [But I fully expect someone to say it's scummy to say this, so I will say it before you can].

Vanilla Regards,

A person who is better at pretending to be a person pretending to be dead than playing forum mafia.

P.S. my screen refreshed as I pressed submit, so please pretend it's the past for a moment while I catch up
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:19 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 156, Postie wrote:why would you be claiming at this point in the game?
As far as my inexperienced mind was concerned, "a point when I am allowed to type on the forum", was the only validity I considered.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 158, Shanba wrote:I have some very interesting thoughts I'd be willing to share, if requested
Go for it, stretch, as long as it's not about potatoes.

Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stupid mafia game so noone talks about anything other than potatoes.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:31 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 161, Postie wrote:what are you referring to
I was joking about you and Fenchurch discussing potatoes a moment ago.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 159, Postie wrote:Wenna, why aren't you voting cpol?
Voting so early in the day? Also I read cpol neutral.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 165, Postie wrote:Wenna, why do you think cpol gained a potato?
Feeling a bit fried, don't want to state any half-baked thoughts. I'll take some time to digest the facts, and then I can chip in.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:50 am

Post by Wenna »

What if a baddy potato vendor gave cpol a potato to throw him under the marketcart?

What if cpol is a goodguy potato vendor and potattoed himself?

What if there is an insomniac town magician who pulled a potato out from behind cpol's ear in the night and gave it him?

All equally likely possibilities (except the first, which is possibly more likely).
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Wenna »

or...WHAT IF CPOL
IS
A POTATO AND HAD A REVELATION IN THE NIGHT AND FOUND HIMSELF
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 187, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Are you saying you don't remember why you were convinced that Bella was scum or claiming you simply didn't care about such things at the time?
I think Menno said they were merry at the time... [post 166]
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Wenna »

IIRC when I was badguy potato vendor (I pretended to be a town potato vendor) I gave as many potatoes as possible to the most town-like potato-poor players as possible. I'd have saved a townsfolk to make myself look more town, or if I was a concealed vendor, make them look suspicious.

I could see cpol being a good guy, bad guy, or good guy thrown under the bus. So I'm neutral on cpol. Klick asked for a good vendor to come forward. Would a badguy potato vendor throw a potato at a badguy cpol? I suppose it's a mildy less certain out than cpol mysteriously not dying in the night with 0 potato. But would cpol so happily hand away a potato? Risky. Or perhaps a master plan... Still think cpol has been thrown under the bus though. (There was also a lot of emphasis that cpol was a baddy from Postie, who then immediately dropped the idea when I suggested it was a badguy play... Could be entirely innocent of course).

So, still feeling Postie could be a baddy, now also including Fenchurch (only by association). It would be hilarious if they were both badguys, intentionally squabbling so that if one is outed the other seems town. Mixed on Menno/CES. I think Menno could have just thought "screw it" - they typed to that effect when making the kill, and have been consistent in reasons since.

Maybe Porochaz is a baddy, since everything he has said has been sound. Watching while town fight it out like potatoless chickens...
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Wenna »

I don't know how to do the vote thing

VOTE: Postie
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Wenna »

Duplicate post - CDB
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Wenna »

Hows abouts...

I did not give cpol a potato. 1/10
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 263, Klick wrote:I'm not satisfied by any explanations I can think of that involve Chris-town being saved by scum.
Saved? Let's dissect/hypothesise.

If it was a badguy-vendor provided potato:

1. It throws cpol under the bus
2. Everyone talks about potatoes until the end of time

Maybe it saves a town temporarily, but it ruins discussion, and ultimately may kill that town if cpol is executed as a result.

It may prolong a town life in the short-term, but it may save a baddy in the long-term when a town is executed instead.

Our only way of winning is executing baddies in daylight. Their best tactic is to make us kill each other.

It's a read-disrupting, distraction-making, scum-saving, delayed villager death.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 125, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Nomination

Primate has nominated Bellaphant for execution.

McMenno is not obliged to decide immediately on whether to confirm or veto this nomination, but neither Consul may nominate another player until a decision on this nomination has been made.

Potato Count

cpol has passed a potato to Fenchurch.

Here's how many potatoes each player currently holds:

Bellaphant
has
1 potato
Cogito Ergo Sum
has
1 potato
cpol
has
0 potatoes
Fenchurch
has
2 potatoes
Klick
has
1 potato
McMenno
has
1 potato
mykonian
has
1 potato
Nexus
has
1 potato
Porochaz
has
1 potato
Primate
has
1 potato
Postie
has
1 potato
Takuma
has
1 potato
Wenna
has
1 potato

The potato rules:

• At the start of Day 2, each living player must eat a potato. Any town-aligned players who are unable to do so (on account of not having a potato in their possession at the time) will immediately die.
  • At any time during Day 1, any player with 1 or more potatoes may post "
    Pass Potato to [Player Name]
    " on a new line of text. This will transfer 1 potato to the chosen player.
  • No player may hold more than 2 potatoes at any one time.

Non-Binding Vote Count

Bellaphant (4):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Postie, cpol, mykonian
cpol (3):
Klick, Fenchurch, Nexus
mykonian (2):
Bellaphant, Primate
Nexus (1):
mykonian

Remember that votes have no tangible game effect at the moment; only the Consuls can nominate and execute. This vote count only exists because the mod is a cool pal who's here to help.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-04-28 19:00:00).
Although I'm feeling mixed about Postie/Fenchurch and Menno/CES, I'm inclined to vote cpol just so I don't have to read any more about potatoes.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (isolation #15) » Mon May 02, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 304, Postie wrote:Do you have any actual reads you can substantiate
Nope
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (isolation #16) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Wenna »

No, possibly because I think it's both of them
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #17) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Wenna »

Or rather, either of them, to the same degree
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #18) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Wenna »

I know nothing.

Whatever Menno is, I think even they would admit they've played it poorly on day one. So they could be either baddy or goody. Even though I have more feelings about CES, and also Postie, for whatever stupid reasons, being baddies, I feel like it would solve some mysteries to execute cpol or Menno. But at the same time, isn't that playing into what the baddies want?

So I'm conflicted. I feel like because of the hammer and potato stuff, the baddies may have just been able to sit and chill...? (Poro, Klick, Primate...)?

Saying that - if it's on 5/6 at ~11am tomorrow I will change my vote for an execution. On CES, cpol or Menno. I won't let my indecision stop the town from making a play.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (isolation #19) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:07 am

Post by Wenna »

So that's 4 votes each on Menno and CES with only Porochaz (and me) left to vote...

I thought the day ended in 25 minutes but it turns out I don't know what days are, so that's good.

Only 24 hours left!
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #20) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by Wenna »

In post 344, Fenchurch wrote:Wenna is super wishy-washy and reluctant to commit to saying that anyone is more likely scum than anyone else
I was in the process of responding to this when Menno was executed.

I got a few reads earlier in this game, and have stuck to them. Postie/Fenchurch and CES. The cpol/Menno mess has been confusing but I was playing devil's advocate to both. (RE possible baddy vendor, and Menno being "zooted"). Just because I have openly declared that I cannot give concrete evidence does not make me wishy-washy. I have not been flip-flopping or vague, I have been clear, but also honest about the reliability of my feelings - as forum mafia is completely out of my comfort zone. Of course I can't make the same tells as usual, they are 99% body language and tone, 1% words and mechanics. However, I have said on several occasions that certain players do seem more scummy, in no uncertain terms:

"Whatever Menno is, I think even they would admit they've played it poorly on day one. So they could be either baddy or goody. Even though I have more feelings about CES, and also Postie, for whatever stupid reasons, being baddies, I feel like it would solve some mysteries to execute cpol or Menno. But at the same time, isn't that playing into what the baddies want?

So I'm conflicted. I feel like because of the hammer and potato stuff, the baddies may have just been able to sit and chill...? (Poro, Klick, Primate...)? [Note: I meant Nexus here, not Klick, who had been trying to get a potato vendor to speak up].

Saying that - if it's on 5/6 at ~11am tomorrow I will change my vote for an execution. On CES, cpol or Menno. I won't let my indecision stop the town from making a play."

This not wishy-washy, I am just not happy stating things like fact when they are subjective observations, hypotheses, or weak suppositions. I will reword it into statements: I have reads on CES/Postie. There have been strange mechanics RE cpol/Menno but it does not mean they are bad - this could have been created by the baddies to make town kill each other/waste time on it. There have been players that could have been using this confusion/paranoia to their advantage: Poro, Primate, Nexus.

After Menno's execution, Fenchurch said that:
In post 358, Fenchurch wrote:Wenna and Nexus have both done very little that makes them seem like town.
I don't know about Nexus, but I was willing to vote for a player that I did not want to execute (Menno, for reasons quoted above) just to ensure town got a kill.

It is things like this that are making me feel like Fenchurch is bad.

Also still have feelings on Postie, CES and obviously the aforementioned "lurkers" but for entirely different reasons.

I have only really had any bad feelings about anyone all game: Postie, Fenchurch and CES.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #21) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:19 pm

Post by Wenna »

In post 367, Wenna wrote:CES, cpol or Menno
This was actually my order of who I would have most liked to kill, to least liked to kill.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (isolation #22) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:26 pm

Post by Wenna »

In post 368, Fenchurch wrote:pushed for an execution to happen
It is difficult to push for an execution to happen when most of your thoughts go against the consensus, and only serve to muddy the water. I should have changed my vote to CES but at the time I was happier voting on Postie or Fenchurch. At the time I thought the more town play was to go with the consensus of the more experienced players. Maybe I should have tried to save Menno given my anti-baddy thoughts on them, but I was not expecting it to happen so suddenly (their own vote).

There have been a few players sat almost silently.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #23) » Thu May 05, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by Wenna »

VOTE: CES
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (isolation #24) » Sat May 07, 2022 1:38 am

Post by Wenna »

UNVOTE: CES

Agree with others: I'd like to hear a lot more from Poro/Primate/Nexus before the day ends

I'd currently vote for Fenchurch, CES or possibly Postie or cpol, in that order
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (isolation #25) » Sat May 07, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 378, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Wenna, can you pinpoint what you find scummy about me, Fenchurch or Postie?
If I was to attempt it with little excogitation;

Individually: cunning, twisting and flip-flopping, respectively.
Overall: odd little teaming up/facing off between the three of you.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that it is because you've been the most active (alongside cpol) and I am inexperienced.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (isolation #26) » Sat May 07, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by Wenna »

In post 394, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Can you give any (alignment-relevant) examples of me being cunning? Or Fen twisting words (I assume that's what you mean)? Do you think flip-flopping is inherently scummy (I would say the opposite) or do you think Postie has done so in a suspicious manner?
Alignment-relevant? Almost certainly not. It's just a feeling. There was one particular interaction early on that caused the feeling, and it's not been entirely shut down since.

By twisting I meant more twisting narrative. It's normal to go from A to C via B. Opinions change, narratives shift. It's usually a group dynamic. If another player is at B you can persuade them to C, in a normal declaring views sort of way. But you can also present as A or B going through to C, when you're already at C, in an attempt to bring the Bs with you. It seems premeditated. What a mess. I will try again.

Sometimes you can present a view as your own to persuade others, when really it's what you think you need to say at that moment to change the group narrative, not your view, organically.

This is possibly what I meant by "cunning" too.

I don't think town would need this play as much, being as they can just speak organically (though I don't know if this is sensible - it appears that I claimed too early for example) (?)

Postie has gone from A to C, rapidly. Which is fine. Except the pace of this has been sporadic. Much diligence and sticking to guns, changing very suddenly. Which could be because of knowing fact X, pretending fact Z, someone disproves Z as a possibility, so having to jump to Y.

I'm almost certain none of this is very helpful.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (isolation #27) » Sat May 07, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Wenna »

In post 381, Wenna wrote:I'd currently vote for Fenchurch, CES or possibly Postie or cpol, in that order
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #28) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:00 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 399, Fenchurch wrote:Wenna - that's a lot of general description without anything specific. CES even said he was most interested in how you see me as 'twisting' but you only specify Postie in your response. What is it that puts me at the top of your suspicions?
The first line is answering the first question (RE CES and "alignment-relevant").
The second line answers the second question (RE Fenchurch).
The third line re-answers the second question (RE Fenchurch).
The fourth line is re-considering/re-answering the first question (RE CES).
The fifth line is attempting to say something alignment-relevant about being "cunning" and "twisting" (RE Fenchurch, CES and "alignment-relevant")
The sixth line is answering the third question (RE Postie).

I may have only mentioned Postie by name, but I believe that it is all clearly inferred, and the response turned out to be weighted in line with CES's interest: Fenchurch, CES, Postie. I only said one line about Postie - most of it was about Fenchurch.

This is also sort of what I mean by Fenchurch "twisting". Whilst it is correct that I only mention Postie by name, I said a lot about "twisting", which related directly to Fenchurch/CES's question about Fenchurch. There have been a lot of instances of this sort of thing, and that is why Fenchurch is top of my suspicions.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #29) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Wenna »

I am McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour, Vanilla Townie.

The reason I was so absent is because I had a lot of real life going on and am new to online.

I have tried to get into it in the very little spare time I have, but by the time I did, it was all conversation I wasn't really that enamoured with (which I have been vocal about, and tried to shut down/re-steer (or at least joke about).
In post 408, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's easier for scum to talk abstractly than concretely (because concretely you know the alignment of the person posting)
I do not understand CES's logic here. I speak with hypotheses and in general terms because I do not know anything concretely - not the opposite. As I said, I am a VT - I know nothing (yet I suspect many things, and I have tried to explain them as best I can). There is so much to read and dissect, it is far simpler to summarise. Most thoughts have become overarching ideologies at this point, rather than an ever-growing list of evidence.

When I gave CES some requested evidence, he rebranded it in an attempt to make me not look town:
In post 394, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Can you give any (alignment-relevant) examples of me being cunning? Or Fen twisting words (I assume that's what you mean)?
In post 408, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:and then when pushed Wenna basically just accuses Fenchurch of twisting words even though ostensibly that's not Wenna meant by "twisting".

This is why I described CES as cunning, and why I do not see CES as town at all. Everything I said was clear:
In post 397, Wenna wrote:By twisting I meant more twisting narrative.
More, but not exclusively.
In post 400, Wenna wrote:This is also sort of what I mean by Fenchurch "twisting" ... There have been a lot of instances of this sort of thing, and that is why Fenchurch is top of my suspicions.
I said in my post that "this is also sort of what I meant by" Fenchurch twisting and CES takes this and states that when I was "pushed" I "accuse[d] Fenchurch of twisting words even though ostensibly that's not
meant by 'twisting'."

CES and Fenchurch are my top votes, in that order.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #30) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 415, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Can you give examples of Fenchurch twisting? Preferably the A to B to C type of twisting.
This (?)
In post 344, Fenchurch wrote:Thanks Postie for asking that question and Cpol for answering... I didn't realise until now that I had been bothered by the same contradiction.
I felt like the questions lead to answers Fenchurch knew all along, and wanted to draw from the others. By stating half ideas and then asking leading questions. I imagined Fenchurch having more fully formed thoughts and steering people. It was the Postie/Fenchurch in the beginning that triggered this viewpoint.

But then if I imagine Fenchurch saying this IRL, it seems much more ordinary: gives idea, pushes for your idea [repeat].
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (isolation #31) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 429, Fenchurch wrote:If you think the potato vendor is scum (which you seem to, with your accusation of Primate) can you explain why they protected you?
In post 431, cpol wrote:Only by going back over ground that's been talked about ad infinitum at this point. Does it help anything? At it's simplest it adds confusion in to the game and lets us waste our time debating whether it was a scummy move or not, rather than actually scum hunting.

Agreed, I have been saying this all along.
In post 264, Wenna wrote:If it was a badguy-vendor provided potato:

1. It throws cpol under the bus
2. Everyone talks about potatoes until the end of time.
In post 433, Fenchurch wrote:Now that it's definitely a scum potato vendor, it makes me more strongly consider whether the whole thing was a scum gambit on your part that didn't play out how you had intended. So if you have a different perspective that would be helpful to hear.
In post 440, Porochaz wrote:So this seems like you've kinda flipped your reads on their head, and I'd appreciate some explanation?
Agreed.

I am still very suspicious of Fenchurch.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (isolation #32) » Wed May 11, 2022 12:43 am

Post by Wenna »

VOTE: CES
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (isolation #33) » Wed May 11, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 453, Primate wrote:Unrelated to any of this. I said Fenchurch/Wenna in a previous post. That was based primarily on what seemed content by wenna (#381+398, last like #400, switch last line #414), but it does kind make sense, but when I posted that I thought it was genuinely suspicious and now I think it's just potential scumbuddy moves.
I didn't understand what Primate meant by this, so had a look at the numbers listed (thank you). I suggested Fenchurch>CES twice, and then swapped to CES>Fenchurch.

This is for a few reasons. My own weak reason (still in disagreement with myself):
In post 417, Wenna wrote:But then if I imagine Fenchurch saying this IRL, it seems much more ordinary: gives idea, pushes for your idea [repeat].
But mostly because more players seem to have similar views on CES to me, and so I am trying to listen to the consensus. Early game I was Postie>Fenchurch then CES>either. So it's not as simple as a Vote Fenchurch, no wait don't, scenario.

I explained some of these feelings in post 371: "It is difficult to push for an execution to happen when most of your thoughts go against the consensus, and only serve to muddy the water. I should have changed my vote to CES but at the time I was happier voting on Postie or Fenchurch. At the time I thought the more town play was to go with the consensus of the more experienced players. Maybe I should have tried to save Menno given my anti-baddy thoughts on them, but I was not expecting it to happen so suddenly (their own vote)."

Anyway it is interesting that you (Primate) have paired us (Fen/Wen), I have been anti-Fenchurch for most of this game, and very vocal about it. Fair enough if you see it as scum-buddying, but I have felt iffy about Fenchurch fright from early on, even if another player sneaks ahead because of XYZ. e.g. most recent posts, voting, listening to others and re-evaluating my views.

Early game I had similar thoughts to Primate about Postie/Fenchurch scum-buddying because of their conversations (which also seemed to restrict the game so much to the Menno and cpol incidents). Misdirection and time-wasting. Now it seems like it could have been more organic from Postie, but from Fenchurch (who is still asking cpol about the potato) it seems pretty anti-town - keeping on steering us down that same tired and well-trodden road.

Anyway, to be more perspicuous about my thoughts from now on:
My feelings currently: Fenchurch>CES>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone else
Who I would vote for currently: CES>Fenchurch>>>>>>>>cpol*

*(purely because of mechanics)
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (isolation #34) » Wed May 11, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 460, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Wenna's read on Fenchurch feels very much like a "The Emperor has no Clothes" situation
CES: Please expand on this.
In post 460, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I'm not sure we can win here if either Nexus or Wenna are town.
CES: Why can't we win if Nexus or I are town?
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (isolation #35) » Wed May 11, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 469, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I don't actually get how you can vote for Primate earlier in the day for lurking and somehow have issue with the theory that Nexus and Wenna, both of whom I would describe as having interacted less with the game than Primate.
Yes I was AFK for the first day, but I feel like I have been contributing a lot since then, trying to offer reads and ideas and find baddies. Primate and I have about the same number of posts. I feel like you're clinging onto something that doesn't hold true anymore.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (isolation #36) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 482, cpol wrote:
@Posite
Please can I have a sense check from you on what I am thinking?
I'm not Postie, but everything you've said makes sense to me.

I have agreed with all of Poro's posts too (possibly too much). Primate makes a lot of sense as well. (Other than seeing me as not town, but even then I can see why).
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #37) » Thu May 12, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Wenna »

I am not enjoying the fact that both of the players I have the strongest anti-town reads on seem to be defending each other and answering questions for each other, a lot.

Are there reads to be had from a player declaring that it is lost, or that they have given up hope? RE CES and Fenchurch recent posts
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (isolation #38) » Thu May 12, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by Wenna »

In post 523, Fenchurch wrote:Well that's good, I'd prefer Wenna to Nexus.

VOTE: Wenna
If you'd rather vote for me than Nexus, why not just do it, why vote for Nexus before? Noone else was voting Nexus.

Were you waiting for someone else to vote for me, just in case I am executed, so when I flip town it seems less incriminating for you?
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (isolation #39) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 139, Fenchurch wrote:Cpol, you're alive! Hooray!

I think one of the things that Fenchurch said early on that I didn't like was this. I, and I assume most town, were suspicious when cpol didn't die. Only someone who knew cpol was town (or who knew they weren't but were pretending they thought they were) would act so pleased. It seems like trying to act how town would react.

Postie was doing the polar opposite, and both together seemed like juxtaposed baddies.

But I started feeling better about Postie, and worse about Fenchurch.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #529 (isolation #40) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:49 am

Post by Wenna »

Not knowing anything, I was suspicious of all of it. It doesn't have to be one or the other: Menno or cpol. I had town feelings on both, but was suspicious of both, all of it.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (isolation #41) » Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Wenna »

I am curious about this too. As I said, why wasn't the vote already on me (or any of the other players listed).

Primate, why do you read me as a baddy, other than reading Fenchurch as a baddy (for I think, good reasons)?
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (isolation #42) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 535, Porochaz wrote:So 1. Glad there was utterly no acknowledgement of a vote or a case against Fenchurch.
I think I have made a few cases against Fenchurch! I would happily vote for them. But as it stands, there are currently more players voting for CES. Who I would also happily vote for (obviously).
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (isolation #43) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 534, Fenchurch wrote:Scummy: Nexus, Wenna and Porochaz. None of these have done anything that seems clearly town to me, apart from having believable reasons for not engaging with the game. But when there are probably 3 scum out there, I'd be happy to vote any of these
So to be clear. You want to execute me because of an absence of town behaviour?

What about me trying to save cpol (after Menno kill) by defending them by explaining why a baddy vendor would hand him a potato (repeatedly, including the first suggestion of the possibility, and trying to shut down useless potato talk [repeatedly instigated by you {amongst others}]), and then explaining my regret that I did not move my vote from Postie to CES which could potentially have saved Menno (who I read as town, and had also defended) because I did not predict Menno voting themselves, so since moved my vote to CES?
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (isolation #44) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Wenna »

Or is it just because the first day ended super quick when I was incredibly busy, and so hadn't even got a post in?

(That was pretty demotivating by the way).

Note: I made a huge effort to get involved and make up for that in the days following.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (isolation #45) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 535, Porochaz wrote:So 1. Glad there was utterly no acknowledgement of a vote or a case against Fenchurch.

2. Is no execution an option today?
VOTE: Fenchurch

Edited for term replacement - CDB
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #46) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 547, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:This is pure revisionism. First off, I actually mentioned why a potato vendor might save cpol first (back in #183) but more importantly, you followed up your attempt to "save cpol" by indicating a willingness to vote for him.
In post 169, Wenna wrote:What if a baddy potato vendor gave cpol a potato to throw him under the marketcart?
Post 169.

More reasons I'd vote for you.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (isolation #47) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 547, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You also absolutely did not defend Menno (e.g. #335 is still very open to a Mennokill
Post 335:
In post 335, Wenna wrote: I feel like it would solve some mysteries to execute cpol or Menno. But at the same time, isn't that playing into what the baddies want?

...Saying that - if it's on 5/6 at ~11am tomorrow I will change my vote for an execution. On CES, cpol or Menno. I won't let my indecision stop the town from making a play
I was clearly saying that I did not want to kill Menno or cpol, even if it solved mysteries, because it seemed to be doing what baddies wanted, i.e. that Menno/cpol were town. It's more important to save town than solve mysteries (created by baddies).

So much effort going into trying to make me look bad by rewriting history.

I added that I would vote on players I didn't want to, because there were so many town alive at that point, that I'd follow the consensus, even if it went against everything I thought personally - because I am new at this and I trusted other players.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (isolation #48) » Sat May 14, 2022 12:14 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 552, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:"So they could be either baddy or goody."
Yes of course, everything is possible, or do you think it is 100% certain that I am a baddy?

I was explaining all of my thoughts, of course they're conflicted, as was the evidence. That's how evidence/conclusions work.

I'd only ever be 100% if I was a baddy.

You said:
In post 547, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You also absolutely did not defend Menno
I don't have to quote everything I said to prove that you are not correct. I did defend Menno. Of course I also questioned there actions, was not 100% on my thoughts, and said I would try to follow what I thought town wanted. It does not mean I did not defend them.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (isolation #49) » Sat May 14, 2022 12:21 am

Post by Wenna »

CES if you are town (which I really don't believe) I suggest looking elsewhere. We have 1 day 20 hours and this is wasting time. Feel free to continue if you're a baddy of course, but it's never going to change my mind about you or my alignment.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (isolation #50) » Sat May 14, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Wenna »

Poro: agree with all your thoughts.
In post 560, Porochaz wrote:Except we have posted as much.
(I'm assuming this is meant to say 'haven't')

...except some of us (me) have now, and now I am the most "scummy" to Fenchurch. I have asked Fenchurch about why this is, other than absence of town plays, but still haven't had a response other than more of the same: absence of town plays. Even though these can be faked by any talented scum anyway, according to Fenchurch.

I'm currently voting Fenchurch still. Would happily change to CES. Would consider someone else after any decent argument. I don't think no execution is a good idea. Unless of course it's me or noone!

Will read cpol post now (time passed).
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (isolation #51) » Sat May 14, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Wenna »

Thank you for reading through again cpol. It was really regretful that I missed the first day, and entirely unintended. I made a big effort to get in there on day two. It felt really difficult to do anything helpful with regards to the Menno situation, I regret not moving my vote to CES now.

You seem to be where I am with things, and as I've said before (or at least often thought) all of your posts have resonated with me (except possibly the odd line, same with Poro). I've had a neutral read on you all game: nothing has not seemed town, but the mechanics have put you in a tough spot (though as I pointed out in post #169, it could have been a setup).

We should try to coordinate our votes before you go AFK.

Obviously no idea what a jailkeeper is, sorry. Maybe that's correct about preventing the other team/s communicating?
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (isolation #52) » Sun May 15, 2022 1:57 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 584, cpol wrote:She said she would hammer if the vote were at 5/6 on either side. She'd already said she was going to delay the decision. The vote is at 4/6, so had no intention of voting at that stage. If she had voted, she'd be going back on her previous word.
Yes, it was nothing to do with blame or appearances. I didn't want to execute town. We had also not really talked about any other possibilities. I had hoped players would analyse elsewhere, e.g. Fenchurch. So I didn't want to vote on a player I was reading townish (Menno) or that I did not have the strongest baddy read on at the time (CES), possibly pushing Poro to follow suit. So I was waiting for a shift in consensus from other players or for Poro's vote. I wanted to get some information on what Poro would do, being as they hadn't been very active, not just defer to them. There were two other players I'd have rather voted on. I fully intended to go with the consensus as I said, but the Menno vote surprised me.

CES and Fenchurch are continuing to look like baddies to me. If we execute one of them correctly today I think we need to think about who could be their third, because I think they're a pair.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (isolation #53) » Sun May 15, 2022 1:59 am

Post by Wenna »

*the Menno self-vote surprised me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”