Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@the worst, of course you can case people after a vote: or at least explain your thoughts. Like, I don't think me wanting k 'explaining your self and not making scatter gun votes' means I want a specific way to play.

The whole e-1 thing is weird. A) I wouldn't and lie about it b) you didn't even check?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

I haven't noticed any soft claims day 1. Which posts are you guys talking about?
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I don't get how voting many people is a soft pr claim either.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Im also pretty split right now between the worst and GM but im pretty confident at least one of them is scum. I will iso them tmr and figure out which one is more sus. Also im assuming at this point we arent going to mass claim.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Im also pretty split right now between the worst and GM but im pretty confident at least one of them is scum. I will iso them tmr and figure out which one is more sus. Also im assuming at this point we arent going to mass claim.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 316, the worst wrote:VOTE: catboi

on pg. 2 and I townread Takemi
no read on catboi yet but he is an existing wagon who is not me :P
In post 376, the worst wrote:VOTE: cat.jpeg quite comfortable going here. I am a little nervous that I'm likely to be a default elim, probably largely based on my pred being busy irl, which is like fine. Just please keep a counterwagon going, and please do not hammer me until I've had a chance to check in.
In post 421, the worst wrote:Id be down to maj in the next 24 hours. I do also enjoy playing mafia so I'd kinda prefer not being the one chosen. :p

This survivalist thing ^ is what people are wondering about being a pr soft. It's also just bad. Prs (and scum) have a higher interest in being alive than a vt
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

I think every townie should value their survival almost as much as a pr in this format.
I do find worst's behavior weird though so I see where you're coming from.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 5:36 am

Post by catboi »

my brain is not at full capacity but I'll try to get to things later today
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 6:05 am

Post by syugar »

In post 726, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I haven't noticed any soft claims day 1. Which posts are you guys talking about?
I can't find it in his ISO anymore, I thought he said something like if I'm E-1 don't instahammer me or something but now it doesn't seem to be there
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 6:23 am

Post by syugar »

nvm post #376 was it
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay gonna try to do this, but I'm phone posting riding in a car going cross country, so it should be tons of fun :dead:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Actually... maybe not. The car just broke down :/
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:05 am

Post by syugar »

no worries bud, tyt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay. Attempt 2 lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Like other people have just said, I read the worsts post about letting him talk before anyone hammers to be a pr soft.

That was why I made that post about it being antitown to pivot off of Tidus, I had reached that post in my catchup.

I thought tidus could be scum there, and was worried that if we pivoted away the worst seemed like a likely person to then be ran up.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 705, catboi wrote:frankly I took worst to be softclaiming a PR which is why I backed off
When did you see the soft?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 669, catboi wrote:Also, newbie 2093 ended, so I can say that Asphodelus replaced out because she wasn't feeling into her games. So I don't think her dropping from this game is necessarily AI, and I'm not sure her being underwhelming compared to her other games is necessarily AI. I still think worst's play from Day 1 is significantly scum-motivated.
Because you still came into this day phase trying to kill the worst.

Had you already seen it before? Were you pushing anyways because you didn't believe it?

If you didn't believe it at the end of d1, or at the start of d2, why did you drop it now?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

And also, why out it, unless you wanted to push him anyways?

It appears half the lobby saw it anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter, but still
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

The other thing that doesn't make sense to me right now is the worst hinself.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Bunch of quotes:
Spoiler:
In post 609, the worst wrote:VOTE: Lukewarm good counterwagon, thanks.
In post 610, the worst wrote:naw nevermind
VOTE: catboi

I'm not convinced by the Tidus townread. I'm not convinced by the rate in which your confidence grew. I'm not convinced that your reads are "tidus town, nothing else worth actioning" (though understand this might be partially tainted by your being absent). I don't buy that your response to being called out on TMI reads is "I would NEVER!!! do that as scum". Just not sitting right with me at all.

Would still probably do Tidus but I'll concede it's largely because he's ignored all of the actionable calls to play the game. Which isn't a reason I'd like to use in a newbie game. But deadline pressure is what it is.
In post 611, the worst wrote:To expand a little I guess.

- I think scum are incentivised to win credit by looking like they knew better than the d1 town. I think it's actually instinctive for scum to double down on unpopular but correct reads.
- I think having syugar and I uncertain on Tidus and pushing there because of deadline pressure creates a good opportunity to move against us on a tidus townflip.
- I think catboi not having pushed elsewhere is a more a symptom of not having time to do so, than a symptom of not having an agenda. I doubt that it's a reliable indicator of catboi's alignment.
- it's also just really hard to guess what wagon would or wouldn't gain traction in this gamestate!!

allowing that if Tidus is scum his partner would likely be trying to come out of this looking good. I'm not totally sure exactly what that means, and it's rich with wifom. Just, like, if we hit tidus today and he's red don't look for his partners in the obvious places. I'm also not really sure how many people out of 100 just immediately bus a newbie partner.

Walk me through this.

You saw me make this argument.
You voted me.
You then made the exact same argument that I made.
You then seemed to think I was the scummiest player at the start of day (based off suggesting I start the popcorn).

If you think I am scum, why are you not questioning the argument that I am making? If you think the argument is Good and Valid, why are you not reevaluating me based on through fact that we appear to be thinking about the game the same way?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

And then, it was weird seeing it once, but then you did it again
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Spoiler:
In post 674, the worst wrote:In favour of mass claim, popcorn is fine, suggest Luke goes first :]
In post 676, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 669, catboi wrote:Also, newbie 2093 ended, so I can say that Asphodelus replaced out because she wasn't feeling into her games. So I don't think her dropping from this game is necessarily AI, and I'm not sure her being underwhelming compared to her other games is necessarily AI. I still think worst's play from Day 1 is significantly scum-motivated.
I am not feeling the worst right now, and I think that we should kill Goodmorning.

I felt off about a lot of goodmorning posts day 1.

First thing I didn't like was the repeated busy work questions that they asked in post . Like three in a row.

Then I liked a lot of catboi's points about them.

I felt like they got overly defensive when dealing with syugar. Particuarly the "slanders and lies" line.

It also stood out to me that they kept doing a page number reference thing in their posts. Like, a lot.
Spoiler:
In post 154, goodmorning wrote:Page 5
In post 157, goodmorning wrote:Page 6 (and the top of page 7)
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:Page 8:
In post 230, goodmorning wrote:Page 9:
In post 381, goodmorning wrote:Page 13
In post 382, goodmorning wrote:Page 14
In post 383, goodmorning wrote:Page 15:
In post 509, goodmorning wrote:Through 17:
In post 510, goodmorning wrote:Through 19:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:Through present

Seeing it, I really didn't like it on a gut level. Especially as it kept happening. I went back and checked their iso in their last couple games over night, and I did not see this in any of them. Like, not a single post doing it. Much less how many times it happened here.

I feel like I think it could be because they are self conscious, and feel the need to clarify their posts.

I'm holding off my vote until we decide if we are doing the popcorn thing.
In post 688, the worst wrote:i have several concerns & like where this is going

VOTE: goodmorning
In post 722, the worst wrote:I'm also p lost and don't think I'm goanna have a comfortable solve until we have some more flips! I think gm wagon has probably been waiting to happen for a while and I was a reason it didn't and I feel dumb about it so seeing where this goes.

Luke vote is good and I stared into my soul for a long moment wondering whether to join but I like GM better

If you think I'm scummy, why are you not questioning the direction I am trying to lead the thread?
And if you think i am leading the thread in a good direction, why are you not reevaluating me based on the fact that we seem to, repeatedly now, viewed the game the same way?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 746, Lukewarm wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 674, the worst wrote:In favour of mass claim, popcorn is fine, suggest Luke goes first :]
In post 676, Lukewarm wrote:
I am not feeling the worst right now, and I think that we should kill Goodmorning.

I felt off about a lot of goodmorning posts day 1.

First thing I didn't like was the repeated busy work questions that they asked in post . Like three in a row.

Then I liked a lot of catboi's points about them.

I felt like they got overly defensive when dealing with syugar. Particuarly the "slanders and lies" line.

It also stood out to me that they kept doing a page number reference thing in their posts. Like, a lot.
Spoiler:
In post 154, goodmorning wrote:Page 5
In post 157, goodmorning wrote:Page 6 (and the top of page 7)
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:Page 8:
In post 230, goodmorning wrote:Page 9:
In post 381, goodmorning wrote:Page 13
In post 382, goodmorning wrote:Page 14
In post 383, goodmorning wrote:Page 15:
In post 509, goodmorning wrote:Through 17:
In post 510, goodmorning wrote:Through 19:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:Through present
[/spoi.ler]

Seeing it, I really didn't like it on a gut level. Especially as it kept happening. I went back and checked their iso in their last couple games over night, and I did not see this in any of them. Like, not a single post doing it. Much less how many times it happened here.

I feel like I think it could be because they are self conscious, and feel the need to clarify their posts.

I'm holding off my vote until we decide if we are doing the popcorn thing.
In post 688, the worst wrote:i have several concerns & like where this is going

VOTE: goodmorning
In post 722, the worst wrote:I'm also p lost and don't think I'm goanna have a comfortable solve until we have some more flips! I think gm wagon has probably been waiting to happen for a while and I was a reason it didn't and I feel dumb about it so seeing where this goes.

Luke vote is good and I stared into my soul for a long moment wondering whether to join but I like GM better

If you think I'm scummy, why are you not questioning the direction I am trying to lead the thread?
And if you think i am leading the thread in a good direction, why are you not reevaluating me based on the fact that we seem to, repeatedly now, viewed the game the same way?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 686, goodmorning wrote:
I think the only other thing for me to address is @Luke:
1. You clearly haven't been actually reading my posts if you're bringing "lies and slander" back up again.
2. What makes you think those were "busywork" questions instead of, I don't know, actual questions?
3. You wouldn't have noticed that over my "last couple games", since it's usually something I do when I get behind/replace in to games. My last game i was one of the more prolific posters, and the games before that were when I was in the process of site flaking 6 years ago and did not give a single shit about staying informed.

Anyway, more reads stuff later when I can be bothered but suffice it to say catboi may actually be Town. When I reread the game just for content and not tone, there was nothing in his posts to dislike. Also I figured out what I didn't like about Cat using the same words as me - mirroring can be used to buddy (& is the most common method of irl buddying, intentional and otherwise). Whether that means anything here is still undecided.
In post 701, goodmorning wrote:Wow, there are exactly 0 scummy things about my wagon. Completely normal and very cool, nothing suspect whatsoever.

This game has been so exhausting and unfun. Frankly I'm just about ready to die.

VOTE: worst

I still think T02 is Town and I understand where catboi is coming from already even if it's a very misguided place. worst's hop onto my wagon is l a z y in a way that feels like a scumclaim.

But, y'know, go ahead and run me up, it'll be a great time.
And good morning, why are you calling the wagon scummy, but only calling 1 person suspicious for it?

And why are you only evaluating the people who actively voted, and not the other people who scum read you?

Like, I was the one who said we should elim you, but I'm not on your list of people you needed to sort whether I was scum angling for your miselim?

I think Bella also scum reads you (not gonna double check this at the moment)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 9:05 am

Post by syugar »

VOTE: the worst

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”