Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I have a poe of catboi, gm, the worst, and t02 and that has too many names in it, especially since i appear to be in multiple people poes, so that means we have too many miselim options in the player list.

I need the townies in that group to come town it up.

---

I didn't grab stuff on T02, but I was largely uninspired by their day 1, and they seemed to promise more going into day 2 because irl stuff was happening day 1, and it simply hasn't happened. So far they have voiced a scum read on gm, and that was it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 10:44 am

Post by catboi »

In post 721, syugar wrote:I'm ashamed I was the driving force behind fucking the game over on d1 and forcing us into this weird situation
For the record I don't remotely think it was your fault, the game stalling out in a weird way because of the replacements hurt it, I don't think the loss of momentum had to do with being wrong on day 1. My brain also crapped out midway and I don't have the capacity to think about things but I'm making an attempt to tough it out and finish what I started.
In post 740, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 705, catboi wrote:frankly I took worst to be softclaiming a PR which is why I backed off
When did you see the soft?
I took wanting you to claim first earlier in the phase as some sort of implication on his part
In post 742, Lukewarm wrote:And also, why out it, unless you wanted to push him anyways?

It appears half the lobby saw it anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter, but still
Because, frankly, I don't think I could get anywhere if I wasn't being open about something at least
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 10:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 698, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Personally I'm not confident that we"ll eliminate scum today and if we don't we'll be at lylo tomorrow and pr claims will lose a lot of their power because maf can cc and force a 50/50.

VOTE: goodmorning lets start this popcorn thing by forcing gm to claim.
In post 726, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I haven't noticed any soft claims day 1. Which posts are you guys talking about?
In post 731, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I think every townie should value their survival almost as much as a pr in this format.
I do find worst's behavior weird though so I see where you're coming from.
I'm concerned by what you're doing here this game. In the game I modded you had a lot of passion in how you were trying to scumhunt and I admired that, and this game this game you feel distant and I haven't really seen you attempt to find mafia. I felt badly about how you got treated by the SE's in that game (they were far too condescending, imo), so I wanted to give you space, but we're in day 2 and I'm not really seeing a lot in the way of analysis from you still. You're being very passive. What's going on?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 751, catboi wrote:
In post 705, catboi wrote:frankly I took worst to be softclaiming a PR which is why I backed off
I took wanting you to claim first earlier in the phase as some sort of implication on his part
Oh, I took that to be him picking up from where he voted me near the end of the day.

You thought he was hinting at some kind of guilty on me, and in response you voted good morning?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Hmmm. I am back to thinking maybe we should pr/vt popcorn claim
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:09 am

Post by catboi »

In post 753, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 751, catboi wrote:
Oh, I took that to be him picking up from where he voted me near the end of the day.

You thought he was hinting at some kind of guilty on me, and in response you voted good morning?
I'll be honest I don't even remember him doing that but I stopped paying attention to every post because the tidus elim was a foregone conclusion
In post 750, Lukewarm wrote:I have a poe of catboi, gm, the worst, and t02 and that has too many names in it, especially since i appear to be in multiple people poes, so that means we have too many miselim options in the player list.

I need the townies in that group to come town it up.
Okay so,

let's talk.

I'm pretty sure you've consistently misread me in gamesgoing way way back to when you first played with me. And now KTaNE is over, so we can talk about that - you missed on me badly in that game. mea culpa, I was way too overconfident on you and it probably threw things off, but I have tried to adjust accordingly and give you space this game. And to see you come in and walk right into completely terrible reasoning for suspecting me again on Day 1 - what's up with that? What are you doing here? Have you taken away nothing?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 755, catboi wrote:I'm pretty sure you've consistently misread me in gamesgoing way way back to when you first played with me. And now KTaNE is over, so we can talk about that - you missed on me badly in that game. mea culpa, I was way too overconfident on you and it probably threw things off, but I have tried to adjust accordingly and give you space this game. And to see you come in and walk right into completely terrible reasoning for suspecting me again on Day 1 - what's up with that? What are you doing here? Have you taken away nothing?
My take away from that game was that town!catboi can and will talk about an uncertain scum read in absolute terms, and that I should anticipate and adjust for that.

I also saw that if you start scum reading me, I should try to talk to you more, and actually ask you questions because you didn't ever say why you thought I was scum (I guess you were waiting for me to ask).

Neither one of those things are applicable to this game.

What do you think I should be seeing here to town read you for?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I will say that I am not really even scum reading you this game. At least nothing like in ktane.

More just, I'm Not Town Reading you. So you are sitting in my poe still
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Real talk, sitting here trying to think why you are town this game.

The best reason is that in the scum game i played against you (fgo) you were doing a lot more to control the game, and you don't seem to be doing that much this game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Maybe control is the wrong word. You were a Bigger Prescence that game then here, if that makes sense.

You were fairly central to the way I though of the dynamics of that game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Do you thibk i should I be Town reading you in games where you are a smaller presence?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 756, Lukewarm wrote:My take away from that game was that town!catboi can and will talk about an uncertain scum read in absolute terms, and that I should anticipate and adjust for that.

I also saw that if you start scum reading me, I should try to talk to you more, and actually ask you questions because you didn't ever say why you thought I was scum (I guess you were waiting for me to ask).

Neither one of those things are applicable to this game.

What do you think I should be seeing here to town read you for?
In post 757, Lukewarm wrote:I will say that I am not really even scum reading you this game. At least nothing like in ktane.

More just, I'm Not Town Reading you. So you are sitting in my poe still
I had been under the impression you had been suspicious of me because of the way I defended Tidus, something that irked me a great deal. If that's no longer the case, okay, although I am wondering what made you drop that read. There's no magic switch I hit to obvtown (and I resent the notion of something like that existing), you being uncertain on me is generally fine, understandable, maybe we can come back to it later when there's been more to discuss.

(also, to be clear, I did think you were scummy on a very gut level, fire was the one I found mostly neutral).
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:27 am

Post by catboi »

In post 760, Lukewarm wrote:Do you thibk i should I be Town reading you in games where you are a smaller presence?
Sometimes not always but it's absolutely true that I'd have likely tried to influence things more and be more of a presence had I rolled scum in a newbie game becausse my will to win as that alignment is a lot stronger.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 761, catboi wrote:I had been under the impression you had been suspicious of me because of the way I defended Tidus, something that irked me a great deal. If that's no longer the case, okay, although I am wondering what made you drop that read.
I was suspicious of it at first. When I see something I find suspicious, sometimes it's all I can see at the time, But i stopped feeling it so strongly over time. Partially because e of the way you doubled down on it actually, partially Syugar's posting about it.

Syugar made me second guess if you would even do it as scum, and the way you doubled down made me second guess if you would do it as town. So combined, I kinda dropped it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:36 am

Post by the worst »

In post 723, syugar wrote:Not a full solve, but -possibly- with whom?
I don't really have GM cleared as partners with anyone else who I'd vote out at this point. Like I'm not that close to a solve at all and I'm not sure I'll get there at the rate this phase is going.
In post 725, Bellaphant wrote:@the worst, of course you can case people after a vote: or at least explain your thoughts. Like, I don't think me wanting k 'explaining your self and not making scatter gun votes' means I want a specific way to play.

The whole e-1 thing is weird. A) I wouldn't and lie about it b) you didn't even check?
It literally is though. You're asking me to case someone. I'm saying I don't have the capacity. Please stop asserting that mafia only works when everyone is writing up extensive cases - I've explained my vote.

on the e-1 thing, shrug. I'm busy and had a blonde moment. I don't get why you think this is scummy and it's a strange thing to get caught up on. sue me I guess?
In post 747, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 746, Lukewarm wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 674, the worst wrote:In favour of mass claim, popcorn is fine, suggest Luke goes first :]
In post 676, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 669, catboi wrote:Also, newbie 2093 ended, so I can say that Asphodelus replaced out because she wasn't feeling into her games. So I don't think her dropping from this game is necessarily AI, and I'm not sure her being underwhelming compared to her other games is necessarily AI. I still think worst's play from Day 1 is significantly scum-motivated.
I am not feeling the worst right now, and I think that we should kill Goodmorning.

I felt off about a lot of goodmorning posts day 1.

First thing I didn't like was the repeated busy work questions that they asked in post . Like three in a row.

Then I liked a lot of catboi's points about them.

I felt like they got overly defensive when dealing with syugar. Particuarly the "slanders and lies" line.

It also stood out to me that they kept doing a page number reference thing in their posts. Like, a lot.
Spoiler:
In post 154, goodmorning wrote:Page 5
In post 157, goodmorning wrote:Page 6 (and the top of page 7)
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:Page 8:
In post 230, goodmorning wrote:Page 9:
In post 381, goodmorning wrote:Page 13
In post 382, goodmorning wrote:Page 14
In post 383, goodmorning wrote:Page 15:
In post 509, goodmorning wrote:Through 17:
In post 510, goodmorning wrote:Through 19:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:Through present
[/spoi.ler]

Seeing it, I really didn't like it on a gut level. Especially as it kept happening. I went back and checked their iso in their last couple games over night, and I did not see this in any of them. Like, not a single post doing it. Much less how many times it happened here.

I feel like I think it could be because they are self conscious, and feel the need to clarify their posts.

I'm holding off my vote until we decide if we are doing the popcorn thing.
In post 688, the worst wrote:i have several concerns & like where this is going

VOTE: goodmorning
In post 722, the worst wrote:I'm also p lost and don't think I'm goanna have a comfortable solve until we have some more flips! I think gm wagon has probably been waiting to happen for a while and I was a reason it didn't and I feel dumb about it so seeing where this goes.

Luke vote is good and I stared into my soul for a long moment wondering whether to join but I like GM better

If you think I'm scummy, why are you not questioning the direction I am trying to lead the thread?
And if you think i am leading the thread in a good direction, why are you not reevaluating me based on the fact that we seem to, repeatedly now, viewed the game the same way?
How many things have we agreed with outside of a frenzied catboi push (which im now v cold on), pushing GM and being confused? Neither of those are all that town indicative.

I'm not interested in yeeting you compared to others rn and following a GM scumflip I guess I probably wouldn't go for you as a partner? I think your intense self-awareness & awareness of me in this phase is probably somewhat of an indicator that you're trying to solve me? I didn't feel compelled to townread you out of d1. I feel like yeeting other people before you in this phase. That's about all I've got. I'm not obligated to townread you because you've projected that a couple of our reads aligned.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:39 am

Post by the worst »

I think this is another phase where I will be the only wagon for an absurdly long time and the game will stall out. I don't mind the extra time but am kind of obligated to wonder who should know better.
--
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I was less interested in you not town reading me for being in response to seeing that. That is more like, the inverse of my main thought.

It was surprising to see you appear to follow my lead immediately after making a post that, at least to me, seemed like you were saying I was the scummiest person in the playerlist. And I mean immediately.

You voted me in 609. Then go along with exactly what I had just said in the immediate next post, 610.

Although, I probably would not have even spotted the thing this day phase with GM, if I hadn't already noticed the thing from Day 1.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:55 am

Post by the worst »

I didn't townread either of you or catboi. I wasn't really thinking about you two as a scumteam just wanted to amplify the pressure on catboi a little.

I didn't really notice the issue I have with gm until this phase but in retrospect it's pretty bleak.

I keep doing the thing this phase where I see gm posts and going "ah hmm I like that" but it's actually cat.jpeg. send help.
--
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 688, the worst wrote:i have several concerns & like where this is going

VOTE: goodmorning
I'm not demanding a case but this isn't an explanation.

Im literally saying let me in. You seem to think I'm town; why wouldn't you want to synch?.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 712, the worst wrote:
In post 707, catboi wrote:
In post 701, goodmorning wrote:I understand where catboi is coming from already even if it's a very misguided place.
Also, I thought I was your top scumread yesterday given you did nothing but votepark me yesterday? And I haven't even explained my vote?
this really concerned me as well. the "oh I reread catboi and other than tone all of his content seems fine~!!" isn't really consistent with a read re-evaluation from someone who voteparked you for the entirety of d1.
this one

I'm also holistically concerned that GM's entire read trajectory this phase is "my wagon is suspicious, let's vote the lowest hanging fruit from it" but that's hardly ground breaking.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by the worst »

Er rather: holistically concerned that gm's reads are going nowhere, specifically concerned that this is where they're going.
--
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 767, the worst wrote:I didn't townread either of you or catboi. I wasn't really thinking about you two as a scumteam just wanted to amplify the pressure on catboi a little..
I feel like you are absolutely not understanding my point... I can't tell if I am doing a bad job putting my thought into words, or if you are doing this on purpose :/

My point doesn't have to do with teams. It is a lack of suspicion of the things that I am doing, despite making moves like I am one of your stronger scum reads.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 2.03

Goodmorning: (3) catboi, the worst, Takemikazuchi02
The worst: (2) goodmorning, bellaphant, syugar

Not Voting (2): cat.jpeg, Lukewarm

With 8 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-19 08:00:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I've been thinking about my conversation with catboi today, and I think he is just town here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 771, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 767, the worst wrote:I didn't townread either of you or catboi. I wasn't really thinking about you two as a scumteam just wanted to amplify the pressure on catboi a little..
I feel like you are absolutely not understanding my point... I can't tell if I am doing a bad job putting my thought into words, or if you are doing this on purpose :/

My point doesn't have to do with teams. It is a lack of suspicion of the things that I am doing, despite making moves like I am one of your stronger scum reads.
Oh, I see what you mean. I think it's sensible to be cautious if what you're doing seems to be directly compromising my wincon but if I don't really disagree with what a scumread is saying then I won't necessarily go against it for the sake of it. There's always worlds in which I'm wrong on a scumread and they're right on their own read. I'm not sure I'm inclined to default to assuming malice in all things, esp. when I'm really not confident in my reads.
--

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”