Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1747, Crescent wrote:
In post 1745, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1741, Crescent wrote:
In post 1739, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ve seen scum do some wild stuff
I wouldn’t write off scum all piling on a player as impossible
The way people seem to regard Titus it seems like something she might encourage a team of hers to do.

It's probably not as simple as just all 3 being scum though.

Oh speaking of that, the question was slipping my mind, but.. How does setup meta work here? People have generally been acting like it's specifically a 3-person scumteam.

With what I'm used to, 3 in 13 is possible, but 4 is more likely.
4 typically requires a large quantity of town power roles
I’ve seen it also balanced in a normal as have 2 groupscum and 2 traitors
The only time I can ever remember seeing traitor in a game of mafia was a game probably around 8 years ago (it's so long ago I can't even find the archive of it) before I even personally started playing. Scum is generally considered underpowered if under 25% of the playerbase unless scum is superpowered and town has little to none.

Yay different community metas~
Agreed on the distraction. I think 25% is the wrong number but I tend to think setups are townsided. I am glad you’re coming out of your shell more.

Who would you elim today?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1750, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1747, Crescent wrote:
In post 1745, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1741, Crescent wrote:
In post 1739, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ve seen scum do some wild stuff
I wouldn’t write off scum all piling on a player as impossible
The way people seem to regard Titus it seems like something she might encourage a team of hers to do.

It's probably not as simple as just all 3 being scum though.

Oh speaking of that, the question was slipping my mind, but.. How does setup meta work here? People have generally been acting like it's specifically a 3-person scumteam.

With what I'm used to, 3 in 13 is possible, but 4 is more likely.
4 typically requires a large quantity of town power roles
I’ve seen it also balanced in a normal as have 2 groupscum and 2 traitors
The only time I can ever remember seeing traitor in a game of mafia was a game probably around 8 years ago (it's so long ago I can't even find the archive of it) before I even personally started playing. Scum is generally considered underpowered if under 25% of the playerbase unless scum is superpowered and town has little to none.

Yay different community metas~
Agreed on the distraction. I think 25% is the wrong number but I tend to think setups are townsided. I am glad you’re coming out of your shell more.

Who would you elim today?
I wasn't in my shell at all day 1 (I was by far the leading poster at the end of the day, even), but MM flipping town damaged the game for me, and I am very easily influenced by outside factors that have nothing to do with the game, aka Monday. I'm kind of just drifting along the game right now because I'm not psychologically capable of really driving the discussion like I was yesterday. I'd be in bed processing and half-hallucinating right now if I could be.

I'm processing right now that Ger and Carca seem to be primarily trying to kill each other, and outside of Carca also wanting Scorpious dead, there seems to be a fair amount of white noise coming out as they're doing it. Like who does Ger actually suspect outside of Carca? Though he's being very self-player metay in a weirdly town feeling way that I can't explain.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Crescent »

Actually I'm still by far the #1 poster in the game even with doing less today.

..And Mathblade is already at #2.

The guy who replaced Andres was in the top 5 within like a day of replacing.

Basically we just needed to replace out the entire hood and we were good?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

We tend to be verbose being on the spectrum.

It’s a sign we should tend towards longer posts if anything.

Man I wish there was a VC.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1753, MathBlade wrote:We tend to be verbose being on the spectrum.

My issue with post volume is how often I think of something additional to say like 30 seconds after I hit post and then I turn it into two or even three messages in what should have been one.

...If there was VC I wouldn't be talking much at all though. Too many physical voices in my head and I shut right up.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1754, Crescent wrote:

My issue with post volume is how often I think of something additional to say like 30 seconds after I hit post and then I turn it into two or even three messages in what should have been one.

...If there was VC I wouldn't be talking much at all though. Too many physical voices in my head and I shut right up.
Gahh I wish you were in the hood. I think we’d gel well together. Welcome to town block ish…gonna shut up now but yeah.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1755, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1754, Crescent wrote:

Gahh I wish you were in the hood. I think we’d gel well together. Welcome to town block ish…gonna shut up now but yeah.
I was masons with someone once. It was interesting and I think it's why I can read him so well compared to like, everyone else... And why he always wants me dead when he's scum. If I ping on him as scum, he's scum. There's a very subtle difference in his cadence, and I think I learned it based on our time being masons in a game that went like 8 days.

When I hosted, like 90% of the dead town chat was me discussing my own game with a couple of the dead town, sometimes for hours at a time. I can discuss game meta even if I know what everyone is already~
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:41 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1736, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1734, Crescent wrote:
In post 1732, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1731, Crescent wrote:...That was supposed to be funny?
I'm already dead. Stop my heart can't take it :(
I'm autistic and take almost everything said to me at face value. Sarcasm and humor have a tendency to fly right past me, and if I attempt to be sarcastic, no one else gets my intent.

And my brain is only working at like 20% right now but with all the noise outside rest is impossible.

I'm not your target audience right now~
Hi fellow person on the spectrum <3
Hello two smartest people in the room. :)
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Scorpious »

Math, how many hood you think are scum?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Crescent »

Basically though it's rather NAI how open I'm being because I don't really care, I just leave it out on the table naturally because to me setting up my "future" is just as important to how I look in the game itself. If I'm hiding something I'm doing it for a very deliberate reason aka I always have a plan if I lie as town. I sold a vanilla claim as bus driver recently because I knew I was going to get nuked by a re-direction bypassing Strongman if I claimed my role straight up. I "may" have played this a little tighter as scum than I have, but I'm not sure. Either way, this game sets a town baseline for me quite nicely.

Speaking of beneficial lies... I'm effectively the protege of a player who intentionally baited pressure onto himself day 1 of a game as bodyguard to claim vanilla, no actioned for four consecutive nights, then saved the Town RB out of the blue on night 5 and completely ruined the game for scum. That sounds fun~
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1758, Scorpious wrote:Math, how many hood you think are scum?
At least one.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1759, Crescent wrote:Basically though it's rather NAI how open I'm being because I don't really care, I just leave it out on the table naturally because to me setting up my "future" is just as important to how I look in the game itself. If I'm hiding something I'm doing it for a very deliberate reason aka I always have a plan if I lie as town. I sold a vanilla claim as bus driver recently because I knew I was going to get nuked by a re-direction bypassing Strongman if I claimed my role straight up. I "may" have played this a little tighter as scum than I have, but I'm not sure. Either way, this game sets a town baseline for me quite nicely.

Speaking of beneficial lies... I'm effectively the protege of a player who intentionally baited pressure onto himself day 1 of a game as bodyguard to claim vanilla, no actioned for four consecutive nights, then saved the Town RB out of the blue on night 5 and completely ruined the game for scum. That sounds fun~
Well whoever you are welcome. I hope you enjoy playing here. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm going to be honest in that I've almost completely ignored metaing the hood at all. If any number of them can be scum, does trying to blindly figure out how many actually matter?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Scorpious »

On Ger:

Started d2 with what could be considered a busy work post. I commented that. And there was continued effort. I liked that. They’ve seemed to kinda go back into looking busy mode with the in thread note takeing.

Don’t mods offer you your own space for that?

That’s always my thing with them, not the actual content but the motive behind it.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1761, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1759, Crescent wrote:Basically though it's rather NAI how open I'm being because I don't really care, I just leave it out on the table naturally because to me setting up my "future" is just as important to how I look in the game itself. If I'm hiding something I'm doing it for a very deliberate reason aka I always have a plan if I lie as town. I sold a vanilla claim as bus driver recently because I knew I was going to get nuked by a re-direction bypassing Strongman if I claimed my role straight up. I "may" have played this a little tighter as scum than I have, but I'm not sure. Either way, this game sets a town baseline for me quite nicely.

Well whoever you are welcome. I hope you enjoy playing here. :)
I'm a Kitten.

Meow.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1763, Scorpious wrote:On Ger:

Started d2 with what could be considered a busy work post. I commented that. And there was continued effort. I liked that. They’ve seemed to kinda go back into looking busy mode with the in thread note takeing.

Don’t mods offer you your own space for that?

That’s always my thing with them, not the actual content but the motive behind it.
Ger has had a lot of posts that look busy for the sake of being busy, but his argument when being called on it by me effectively feels like "If you knew me at all you'd know this isn't scummy coming from me" in a way that had a bit of a town inflection I can't really pinpoint.

Imma keep nudging at him and see what else I can read off of it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 7:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1762, Crescent wrote:
I'm going to be honest in that I've almost completely ignored metaing the hood at all. If any number of them can be scum, does trying to blindly figure out how many actually matter?
It’s more I think we really messed up this day given the sheer odds scum is likely in the hood and I am a TPR (something I withheld) I really wanted to elim in the hood. The same applies if Titus is town then one of JV/Italiano likely is and my reads are wrong. We really should have been talking hood all day and Titus denying that feels wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Crescent »

I'd rather just... Pursue people based on their general scumminess, I guess?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:16 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1751, Crescent wrote:I wasn't in my shell at all day 1 (I was by far the leading poster at the end of the day, even), but MM flipping town damaged the game for me, and I am very easily influenced by outside factors that have nothing to do with the game, aka Monday. I'm kind of just drifting along the game right now because I'm not psychologically capable of really driving the discussion like I was yesterday. I'd be in bed processing and half-hallucinating right now if I could be.

I'm processing right now that Ger and Carca seem to be primarily trying to kill each other, and outside of Carca also wanting Scorpious dead, there seems to be a fair amount of white noise coming out as they're doing it. Like who does Ger actually suspect outside of Carca? Though he's being very self-player metay in a weirdly town feeling way that I can't explain.
I’m happy to hear this, well not happy that you were feeling bad but that there is an explanation for the difference of your play in Day 2. I mentioned this in the hood. I had you as pretty much my town lock for town telling multiple times on Day 1, but Day 2 there were comments and my own paranoia that had me placing you as possible scum with Scorpious, etc.

But I see now I should’ve asked or mentioned it and I would have gotten this insight sooner. My bad. :(
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Mmm keep in mind that these kinds of things will effect me regardless of my alignment. My Seasonal Affective is also playing a factor because it finally warmed up the last few days, and when it warms up I go a bit haywire internally until my body adjusts. I have a natural temperature around 97F/36.2C, and tend to naturally function better in the cold.

But yes, something you said about Scorpious has been on my mind. He's given the vibe of "creating distance" from me more than he's ever given the vibe of ever actually trying to kill me.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:45 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1769, Crescent wrote:Mmm keep in mind that these kinds of things will effect me regardless of my alignment. My Seasonal Affective is also playing a factor because it finally warmed up the last few days, and when it warms up I go a bit haywire internally until my body adjusts. I have a natural temperature around 97F/36.2C, and tend to naturally function better in the cold.
Oh wow, I tend to keep my house between 60-65F/15.6C. Anything about 75F/23.9C and I And I absolutely love when it’s and overcast; no sun and cool temps, etc.
In post 1769, Crescent wrote: But yes, something you said about Scorpious has been on my mind. He's given the vibe of "creating distance" from me more than he's ever given the vibe of ever actually trying to kill me.
I’ve noticed that with Titus and dw as well. Like he thinks they’re scum but not really trying to prove that they are, just that they’re voting him so “yeah, scum.”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

Very unofficial Vote Count

Carcalilly
(4): Gamma Emerald, ItalianoVD, geraintm, MathBlade
geraintm
(3): Meuh, Dwlee99, Carcalilly
Scorpious
(1): Titus
Dwlee99
(1): Scorpious
Meuh
(1): JacksonVirgo

Not Voting
(1): Crescent

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate

I did this with my phone
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1565, DkKoba wrote:
Votecount 2.3
Line Rider Beta 2 (2006) - fsk

Scorpious
(3): Titus, Dwlee99, Carcalilly
geraintm
(1): Meuh
Carcalilly
(1): Gamma Emerald
Meuh

Not Voting
(5): Scorpious, geraintm, Crescent, ItalianoVD, MathBlade
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-05-19 22:33:37)
Titus V/LA Friday Evening - Monday Morning
Crescent V/LA this week
Quoting prior VC for timer c’mon y’all let’s get an elim!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1770, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1769, Crescent wrote:Mmm keep in mind that these kinds of things will effect me regardless of my alignment. My Seasonal Affective is also playing a factor because it finally warmed up the last few days, and when it warms up I go a bit haywire internally until my body adjusts. I have a natural temperature around 97F/36.2C, and tend to naturally function better in the cold.
Oh wow, I tend to keep my house between 60-65F/15.6C. Anything about 75F/23.9C and I And I absolutely love when it’s and overcast; no sun and cool temps, etc.
In post 1769, Crescent wrote: But yes, something you said about Scorpious has been on my mind. He's given the vibe of "creating distance" from me more than he's ever given the vibe of ever actually trying to kill me.
I’ve noticed that with Titus and dw as well. Like he thinks they’re scum but not really trying to prove that they are, just that they’re voting him so “yeah, scum.”
He seems too busy waffling or contradicting on almost every read he has to actually have conviction on anything.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 9:03 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1772, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1565, DkKoba wrote:
Votecount 2.3
Line Rider Beta 2 (2006) - fsk

Scorpious
(3): Titus, Dwlee99, Carcalilly
geraintm
(1): Meuh
Carcalilly
(1): Gamma Emerald
Meuh

Not Voting
(5): Scorpious, geraintm, Crescent, ItalianoVD, MathBlade
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-05-19 22:33:37)
Titus V/LA Friday Evening - Monday Morning
Crescent V/LA this week
Quoting prior VC for timer c’mon y’all let’s get an elim!
Bruh we might have like 8 hours or so left.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”