Micro 1054 || Fuzzy Friends Coalition || Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2096, bloodhail wrote:
In post 2094, Roden wrote:However if we do get a red Datisi flip, logically I don't see why you'd bus here
uhh bro did u even click that link cmon. everyone is going to yell at you that i would absolutely bus so i'll do it first
In post 2094, Roden wrote:I will say though that if I were partners with Datisi here, I wouldn't be distancing from him or fighting against the leading wagons. In that scenario, I have an extremely easy mis-elim chain of Elephant -> Mena -> STD/NK, and Ari would be so deeply pocketed that even if I got voted out, Datisi is still practically guaranteed to win in ELo. Me not taking that path and instead resisting it should indicate that we aren't partners, as I would've just voted Elephant and let Datisi hammer.
i mean like

in this scenario datisi is deep and not sacrificing his thread position for the sake of a day 1 elim (and any sudden hammer there is pretty bad) so i don't find this super compelling but if i'm wrong i'm wrong, my highest priority was reading within the coalition
I'm not saying you never bus, I'm saying in the scenario where it's you/Datisi that it doesn't make sense for you to bus because you already have a game-winning route and all this does is draw attention to the both of you. I mean if you want to prove to me that it's totally possible for you to bus here then go ahead? I just don't see why you would power game yourself into a one-two knockout like that.

I understand why you don't quite believe that Datisi and I aren't partners though, you've had trouble reading me in the past and I'm taking that into account.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by bloodhail »

i hadn't anticipated the necessity of actually reading everyone outside the coalition but might get to that juuust in case if i have time tonight, although i dont really anticipate being able to sort nk15 with any degree of confidence
and i'm watching all the stars burn out
trying to pretend that i care
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Aristeia »

maybe it really is just Datisi getting derptunneled by NK15
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 2100, Roden wrote:I understand why you don't quite believe that Datisi and I aren't partners though, you've had trouble reading me in the past and I'm taking that into account.
i mean it's way less things to do with ~you~ in particular (aside from that one post toward datisi) and more associations i have gleaned from reading other people's isos + generally having townreads on other people + agreeing with the meta on mala having scum burnout
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 2102, Aristeia wrote:maybe it really is just Datisi getting derptunneled by NK15
i think dats taking the time to argue against the possibility of that specific team is very minorly unaligning although certainly not something i'd bet the game on
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2068, fireisredsir wrote:ok thank you, and im saying that datisi!town isn't necessarily sure that bloodhail is going to flip at all right now

like i think there's a world where the lim ends up on mena or even datisi today

and if datisi is town and thinks bloodhail is scum then wouldn't discrediting help prevent that?
well bh is at e-2 so it would make more sense for town!dats to just vote him and push for elimination?

it's kind of what is left unsaid atp
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2104, bloodhail wrote:
In post 2102, Aristeia wrote:maybe it really is just Datisi getting derptunneled by NK15
i think dats taking the time to argue against the possibility of that specific team is very minorly unaligning although certainly not something i'd bet the game on
it's such a weird time for roden to bus his partner if datisi is mafia with him?

I can't see a world where datisi flips today - is scum, and scum roden survives to win?

between the two of them they have enough votes to flip you - I don't see the point of taking the risk of bussing here.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Aristeia »

mb I'm just being too first level with my logic here
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Roden »

Tbh I do appreciate that I'm not being assumed to be level zero scum this time around.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

its ok we are all level zero players in the eyes of saint koba
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Aristeia »

or maybe saint flavor leaf

i dunno I get them mixed up a lot when they start ranting :>
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 2106, Aristeia wrote:
it's such a weird time for roden to bus his partner if datisi is mafia with him?

I can't see a world where datisi flips today - is scum, and scum roden survives to win?

between the two of them they have enough votes to flip you - I don't see the point of taking the risk of bussing here.
i mean if im a replacement coming in with the exact solve the choices are to either bury me and hope people ignore my legacy or bus and then nk me and hope to sweep it under the rug. neither is exactly comfy but they both look like hell in option 1 where option 2 gives maybe a chance to scrape by. just a thought tho, i might have something more concrete after reading mala/nk15
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2109, Aristeia wrote:its ok we are all level zero players in the eyes of saint koba
In post 2110, Aristeia wrote:or maybe saint flavor leaf

i dunno I get them mixed up a lot when they start ranting :>
I was thinking of both of them too lmao
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2111, bloodhail wrote:

i mean if im a replacement coming in with the exact solve the choices are to either bury me and hope people ignore my legacy or bus and then nk me and hope to sweep it under the rug. neither is exactly comfy but they both look like hell in option 1 where option 2 gives maybe a chance to scrape by. just a thought tho, i might have something more concrete after reading mala/nk15

i think they can just vote you off here

enforce bop on mena tomm

and at elo its anyones game cuz nk15 gives 0 shits
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 2113, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2111, bloodhail wrote:

i think they can just vote you off here

enforce bop on mena tomm

and at elo its anyones game cuz nk15 gives 0 shits
i mean, eh. looked like he was possibly angling to vote my slot before it became inopportune to do so

i read nk15s iso and as expected i have like no clue how to read the guy - the stuff he's saying reads like hot nonsense but he's so all over the place it might be real?? but he should still probably always be in the poe. i would not comfortably bet the game on him being town. i'll take a look at mala tonight and see if i get anything from her
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1884, Roden wrote:NK15 feels obvtown to me, he's too confident and tunneled to be scum
that reminds me, idk if anyone commented on it at the time cause sorting roden wasn't super high priority

but this is a bizarre take
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

especially compared to bloodhail's read which seems much more believable and what i would expect people to see
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:51 pm

Post by bloodhail »

i actually think mala reads kind of towny on iso, lmao

maybe it is in fact nk15
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:53 pm

Post by bloodhail »

she has way more fire here than what ive seen of her scumgames
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2115, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1884, Roden wrote:NK15 feels obvtown to me, he's too confident and tunneled to be scum
that reminds me, idk if anyone commented on it at the time cause sorting roden wasn't super high priority

Bizarre players require bizarre takes.

I read NK15 and other players like him using a certain barometer: does this player actually believe in what they're saying? If you can determine that, it doesn't matter if you think they're saying nonsense. Tone + conviction is what matters, and it's what often gets that kind of player caught when they're scum.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2119, Roden wrote:

I read NK15 and other players like him using a certain barometer: does this player actually believe in what they're saying? If you can determine that, it doesn't matter if you think they're saying nonsense. Tone + conviction is what matters, and it's what often gets that kind of player caught when they're scum.
why does changing their solve every time they pop in the thread read as tunneled and confident to you
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2120, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2119, Roden wrote:

why does changing their solve every time they pop in the thread read as tunneled and confident to you
They didn't change their solve, NK15 still wants Ari/Datisi as of their last post but settled for hunting else where because they kept getting shut down.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1554, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1537, fireisredsir wrote:nk do you wanna talk about how during coalition forming you were dead set on one team and nothing in the world would make you reassess but then now you've proposed like uh... 5 different teams now or something? and keep jumping to a new one and disregarding whatever the previous one that you were convinced of was?
I was dead set on ari/dats but an ari yeet seems impossible so if it is that team we lost. So I can try to find different teams... and now that I looked at these interactions between STD/irrelephant I am no longer actually convinced that it is ari/dats.
Scum doesn't publically say "my mis-elim isn't going through so let's try these guys instead"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2079, fireisredsir wrote:will try to figure out where i want my vote to go tonight
haha this was a lie

i wanna see datisi back in here first anyway so we'll see tomorrow
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2022 10:54 pm

Post by Datisi »

why am i not surprised at all at this turn of events

is a lol post because he was accusing me of "wow, datisi going on the defensive and not bothering to determine whether i'm incorrect is a scum response!!" but when *i* ask why he doesn't seem willing to have a conversation and is shutting me out, it's "i don't think that would get us anywhere achkcually sorry"
In post 2039, bloodhail wrote:if skitter is scum then she is the scum in the coalition and her not doing enough to get STD in is...entirely irrelevant. it does not change the gamestate AT ALL if STD is in coalition or out of coalition in skitter-scum worlds. I would think Datisi is sharp enough to realize this. the idea he posits is that skitter would have done more as town but is really just making the presumption that town always plays optimally or ideally and that's just not true. people are timid sometimes. it does not make them scum. skitter is often indecisive as town. i dont think this is a genuine suspicion on datisis part.
this is not my argument. this was never my argument. i KNOW town!skitter can be indecisive as town. i've seen it happen. i don't think it's very ai for skitter to be decisive or indecisive. i know townies are sometimes lazy i'm often lazy like holy fuck.

my point was that skitter's actions pre-coalition and post-coalition do not fucking track. she did very little to get std in and kept mentioning how she'd maybe sorta kinda be okay with ari in.
this by itself is not a problem
. the problem is when she does that, AND THEN after the coalition fails she goes on a rant about how she really really wanted std in and woe is her we didn't let her get her preferred coalition when she fought for it so hard and she wanted to keep ari out at all costs.

like, i didn't want to say it at the time to not tip skitter off to what i was thinking but i thought that had a lot of scum motivation if she's scum with std. keep saying how scum probably wants both partners inside, get him out the coalition, he's safe while she gets to push others. who would've seen it coming because she's bus happy and by the time she flips red it's not going to matter.

hell, if she isn't his partner, that could've been a setup for a time after she flips. maybe she thought ari was easier to flip than std. i don't know the exact scum motivation because i am not a mind reader. but i saw something that had good potential of being scummy and i wanted to question it.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”