Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:08 am

Post by catboi »

trying to catch up but trouble focusing
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:56 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1226, Lukewarm wrote:I am comparing that to Bella's entrance of disagreeing with catboi's read on me, then accepting my town read on catboi, and engaging with me in a way that was accepting of me thinking of the game as it having to be between syugar and/or Bella, which is a losing strategy to start the day with imo
I mean, it's not like mafia can't go "oh shoot I was wrong I have to re-evaluate", it happens all the time. Not that I'm suspecting Bella here, this just isn't solid reasoning.
In post 1228, Bellaphant wrote:@cqtboi, I think it was in the newbie you just modded that there was conversation about the regret tell, but it was the first time I'd heard of it. It ended up being correct though: what are your thoughts?
Keeping in mind that I only really loosely read games I'm modding, I dislike general blanket tells. I tend to apologize for being wrong in games a lot as town, and I would find it pretty irritating if it were used against me. I think it
may
have been right on furtive because he was laying it on pretty thick/being theatrical about it that game, but I wouldn't take it as any sort of a guarantee for people in other games
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it either. Just wanted your thoughts. I think it's interesting that it is only coming from one person tho
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1276, catboi wrote:I mean, it's not like mafia can't go "oh shoot I was wrong I have to re-evaluate", it happens all the time. Not that I'm suspecting Bella here, this just isn't solid reasoning.
I meant comparatively.

1 player jumped on followed your vote and put me at e-1 and is trying to push my miselim through

The other player made multiple comments to talk both of you guys out of voting me (both telling you they disagreed and fussing at syugar for putting me at e1)

And so yeah, 1 looks more likely to be scum to me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1277, Bellaphant wrote:Yeah, I wasn't sure about it either. Just wanted your thoughts. I think it's interesting that it is only coming from one person tho
Whatcha talking about?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Bellaphant »

'regret tells': it came up in catboi's last newbie he modded. I only see it from ayugar, 'oh no I got it wrong, oh no I led a mis lim'.

Idek. I feel a little uncomfy after syugars response to my vote, I'll check back in tomorrow.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1245, syugar wrote:@catboi what do u need to find me here? i'm pretty sure we can win by default

the fluidity and helplessness i've had in this game isn't really within my scum range, i usually just play decisive
I dunno man
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1248, syugar wrote:
In post 1247, Lukewarm wrote:What part of your interactions with GM should make me not entertain you as partners?
d1 argument

it's apparent that she was getting ready to fully omgus me if i didn't back off if you read between the lines in postnum #97. she relents and townreads me when she realizes that i'm not interested in voting her off d1 (i'm the one who disengages in #155)

as an added bonus, this post is so dismissive and diminutive of the opinions i'd posted thus far, so as to try to signal to the game that i'm either unreasonable or untrustworthy/egotistical: postnum #81
seen scum go for a sort of theatrical distancing in the early game but it's admittedly rare and reading it over again I have my doubts with th way gm was talking to you - looked like scum being put on the defensive by what she interpreted as an attack from you
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1280, Bellaphant wrote:'regret tells': it came up in catboi's last newbie he modded. I only see it from ayugar, 'oh no I got it wrong, oh no I led a mis lim'.

Idek. I feel a little uncomfy after syugars response to my vote, I'll check back in tomorrow.
That seems likely to be a personality tell. I've seen people do it as town
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by catboi »

I dunno I'm going to take a day to think about it
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:43 pm

Post by syugar »

VOTE: Bellaphant

changed my mind while thinking about my conversation with luke in bed
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by syugar »

doesn't seem like bella is interested in solving the game, isn't really engaging with posts today and is just writing simplistic justifications

sadly i think because of catbois lingering fos on lukewarm today if i go over elo is pretty strongly weighted in her favor

luke looks less partnered with gm the more i reread and talked with him today, largely for reasons i already believed in yesterday and just threw aside, i didn't really have any logical edge against him when we were arguing and his points related to yesterday's vote make sense

the case building gm was doing with catbois slot strongly makes me believe they arent partners so bella being gms partner may just adhere more strongly to occams razor despite the fact she was one of the jks
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by syugar »

apologies for losing my cool earlier
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1280, Bellaphant wrote:'regret tells': it came up in catboi's last newbie he modded. I only see it from ayugar, 'oh no I got it wrong, oh no I led a mis lim'.

that we are four phases and one month into the game and bella is reading from truisms like "regret tells" or "me acting different compared to a previous day" or "flailing" kinda makes me think she doesn't have anything in the tank and doesn't know how to construct a case for who she wants to vote here, which is indicative of a lack of actual opinions

this is my last best guess
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1189, Bellaphant wrote:You know if I was maf I could hammer here and win??

Luckily cat is clear and Luke won't self vote but jfc.
the only strange thing is that i thought this was a townslip but i changed my mind and settled on it being manufactured
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by syugar »

also while rereading again though i became almost certain that i will die today

that really sucks! i don't think we have better than a coin flip's chance to win if i die here.

gl
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:29 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1284, catboi wrote:I dunno I'm going to take a day to think about it
how about this, and this is why ive been so frantic today

i know you have elo choking issues and i dont think ur going to be able to stay convinced on a townread on neither bella nor luke because their isos have holes and strange moments in logic or progression that mine doesn't (i am completely fluid and have been making posts all game ik u will come to empathize with after any amount of explanation)

even ur reasons for PoEing luke earlier today were quite clearly not based on anything amazingly strong under the hood

i have the interactions and the transparency u need to form a core here and eliminate the scum team 100% of the time, so dont let me die

this will probably be my last game for at least a few months so let's just go out with a good one

one of the ppl voting me out today clearly has a vested interest in doing so, i think it has to be me + u + jpeg

(i am aware that saying this opens up the door for u to be killed over jpeg tonight which is why i didnt want to lead with it but if you vocalize a strong tr on me today i think we can win regardleas of the nk they make, unless maybe they nk me, but it would also make 0 sense for u to nk me bc i have already stated my read on you isnt moving so u could just convincingly say u wouldnt nk me and win)

those are truly all my of my cards, wp if ur scum as well
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by syugar »

i honestly dont even have a clue who is scum, i am guessing amd oscillating based on things that bother me about each player, i posted my most recent hunch but we are so snowed that only a strong townread will win this
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 12:08 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I want to vote bella too despite my recent posts I feel like she's the best choice and if i do change i will regret it later. I will not make it e-1 quite yet though.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 12:10 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I'm probably getting NK'd if it's not Bella and idk who i would want voted out then.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Bellaphant »

For sure. And it's be Luke, syugae And catboi left. My worry is that if syugar is scum, as I believe, then catboi is definitely more likely to go Luke. Like, syugae literally just pitched 'heres why catboi will always read me as town' to him.

@syugar, what is it about my Iso you find holey, or my progression? I think I get why you think some of Luke's takes are weird but, like with the no night kill, he's actually basically right - and I think town also has these moments of 'moon logic' more.

I also think it's really easy to dismiss my feelings about your day play as just 'truisms' or 'feelings' when it's much more than that. You had a really good day one, but after that your interactions with GM disappeared. You advocated for a catjpeg elim yesterday over GM. You did pick up on the pr thing, Ans were jailkwpt. I think scum!syugar is in a really tough position today because I'm basically never voting Luke, and scum!syugar would need to try really hard to elim catboi - I'm a much more viable option for you bur I've been 'locktown' for most of the game, apart from when you knew the flip was coming and started setting me up.

It's why your posts today have been erractic. I might be totally wrong - a lot of this is also 'gut'. If it's Luke then I'm totally hoodwinked - I'd love someone to actually explain how Luke is scummy. If it's catboi we've all been had!
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 4:35 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1295, Bellaphant wrote:It's why your posts today have been erractic. I might be totally wrong - a lot of this is also 'gut'. If it's Luke then I'm totally hoodwinked - I'd love someone to actually explain how Luke is scummy. If it's catboi we've all been had!
I made like 6 posts yesterday on why I was voting Luke after you said you were 90 percent on him being town. You did not respond to the substance of a single one and just said I was flailing after I did so. You have still not engaged with the posts and are now re-asking your question, which makes me think that you don't care. If this is a sincere question, then go read my posts about Luke's content today and tell me why you disagree.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 4:36 am

Post by syugar »

Also, I don't understand why you'd FoS me for advocating a cat.jpg elim yesterday when you did the exact same thing. You seemed to agree with and meld with my reasoning for doing so. Is it scummy just because of the flip? How did that progress into a reason behind voting me today? It was the wrong play, but I had justifiable reasons to think it was the correct play and nobody has disputed my logic.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 4:37 am

Post by syugar »

And I mean, like, you aren't even trying to find which of them is scum in the event I flip town here. You're just convinced that you're done. I find that odd, since everyone else is being circumspect and considering more options past their initial vote (which makes sense because we've been getting snowed all game)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 4:44 am

Post by syugar »

It is actually wild that you're asking people to scumcase Luke when I spent the entire day writing posts about Luke specifically for your benefit while you were reading them and you just threw it all into the trash without responding to a single one, instead opting to say that I'm "playing different"

So god damn frustrating it's unreal. Read what's in front of your eyes instead of freezing and asking questions to no one.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”