Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 622, Rhyme and Reason wrote:In post 237, takotsubo syndrome wrote:
That would be a legit waste of a cop shot.

We'll cop you then, so we can sheep your read (:
I can vibe with this. It will be a nice townblock
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 631, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 628, VP Baltar wrote:I haven't reread the kovu thing yet, but I can shortly now that I got some work done this morning.
ok, I read the kovu thing, and if I'm being generous, I think town!Val could have latched onto it because Kovu decided to direct quote them. I think Val is making much more of how hard people were "shading" datisi voters than what was really happening, but I also think if val is town, they are just tunneled beyond belief.

So basically, this exercise was useless.

HOWEVER,

It did lead me to reread Val's first wall on you Datisi, and that contains their extensive explanation of the "I'm not going to give reads because invictus" thing:
given the invictus mechanic, if this is a game I ought to be telegraphing exactly how my reads stand at all times. In regular games, I think that is largely how one should play, although I know there are disagreements on that score, but I wonder if the argument for playing ones cards closer to ones chest is stronger in this game than others. One the one hand, if you are right and are openly suspecting scum that might dissuade them from killing you at night and leaves you alive to continue to push those scum, but if you are wrong, and scum can reasonably infer you might have another town as the target of your invictus, there is the risk of handing scum a free two-for-one. Given the number of D1 TvT shitfights I have found myself in over the course of my mafia career, I am inclined not to choreograph my exact moves at least for today and until I feel much more comfortable I am on the right track.
I'm debating if this feels way more indepth and personal reasons based ("given teh number of D1 TvTshitfights I have found myself in") than scum might concoct? IDK. I think it's a kind of silly stance, but the question is if Val truly believes this is a good approach ... and maybe they do?
Something that might influence this angle coming from Val is the fact that the single largest day 1 TvTshitfight I have ever witness or been a part of was a day 1 TvTshitfight between me and Val lol.

actually commenting on the quote tho, I can actually see why Val would want to voice exactly 1 scum read this day phase, unless his read on Datisi shifted, and then voice exactly 1 scum read after that.

But I don't understand why he is not town hunting.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Also, hi! I'm here! I'm catching up
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 640, Meuh wrote:UNVOTE:
This is unironically the most town indicative post that meuh has made so far this game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 708, marcistar wrote:
In post 706, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 705, marcistar wrote:did u miss that whole ass discussion me and luke had about my voting tendencies
who do you scumread besides datisi?
datisi, datisi, datisi, datisi, and datisi

sircakez

maybe luke idk i feel like even though i have a bad memory, i feel like nothing has really made me go ": O" in his posts
Does this mean that you expect my posts to make you go ": O" if I am town, and you don't expect to see any posts that make you go ": O" if I am scum? lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 718, Rhyme and Reason wrote:okay, screw this. I liked the idea of the gimmick
I literally anyone shocked to learn that this was a real restriction that they had?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:40 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 722, Malakittens wrote:I feel like I'm pretty transparent with my reads so far.
i don't really think this is true at all. you townread bell and mentioned it a few times, soft townread marci and mentioned it a few times, townread kovu and mentioned it a few times, and townread luke and mentioned it a few times. those are the only reads i can find. i can't find any mention of a scumread besides your rvs vote on datisi, which you removed. repeating the same townreads (all of them, in fact) several times also kinda makes it look like you're expressing more opinions than you actually are
In post 130, takotsubo syndrome wrote:
In post 81, Kovu wrote:takotsubo syndrome – ok this one is funny, I initially Town leaned Tako, like “oh, game has a really slow pace, but tako still made an entrance!! That’s good!!” but then that was it, and they jumped on the datisi votes with just “did you roll scum again” like, that’s it? What specific posts made you feel that way? If you wanted the RVS votes to be taken seriously, why not make up a reason at the very least?? So cause of that you lost your town lean - null

For me my vote was more of a reaction test on Datisi. Which obviously has a chance to be skewed, but I'm ok with it for what it produced.

In other news I really like 81. So currently I have a soft townread on that slot as well.
In post 94, Lukewarm wrote:takosubo's entrance (10) felt off to me, especially coming from an alt that from what I can tell has never played with Bell before. Like a level of familiarity with bell to know that he normally is pretty easy to read, but a strange way to approach him if you are familiar. I don't know that it is more likely to come from scum, but it did catch my attention.
I am an alt account. I have also played a bunch of games with the better half of this player list. Bell is probably one of the easiest players to read for me so my post was really in jest in regards to an RVS vote.

On a side note: 94 has also given me a soft townread on that slot.
also knowing who you are now and looking back on this... already didn't like it, but i think its super sus now. you did this same kind of thing as scum in spring fling where you pocketed andante there (viewtopic.php?p=13334438#p13334438). just the taking two posts here that express some suspicion of you and saying that you like the posts and townread the people making them... its ew
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 724, Malakittens wrote:Let's be real, I'm cautious of playing tonight. I have a wake for one of my old partners today & his funeral on Thursday. So I'm really not really digging reading anything atm, but once my mind is off that I'll definitely put some serious effort into this game.
sorry to hear that, no real rush on responding but i have concerns and would like to hear who you think is scum once you have a chance
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Guys, I hate to break this news to you since Marci has become like a proper wagon --- but I actually think that she is town now :dead:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

why?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

My list of people that I do not want to be the day 1 elimination has grown to:

1. Bell
3. fireisredsir
4. Lady Lambdadelta
6. Lukewarm
7. Dunnstral
9. Meuh
11. marcistar
14. Kovu
15. VP Baltar
18. Enchant
20. gorilla
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I really did not like the way that her scum read on datisi played out, but her reaction to being under pressure/suspicion feels distinctly like town marci imo
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 736, Lukewarm wrote:
I really did not like the way that her scum read on datisi played out, but her reaction to being under pressure/suspicion feels distinctly like town marci imo
hmm. i kinda felt that earlier (like around her response to you , and specifically felt like how she posted in newbie 2090), but haven't liked her more recent posting much at all

i haven't played with her before (besides when she was gragas, which i only recently realized while looking at her past games), so maybe you have a better handle on her meta, idk. can you point out specific things that stood out to you that made you think that?
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:13 am

Post by Fey »

This is a game I am in.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:19 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 735, Lukewarm wrote:My list of people that I do not want to be the day 1 elimination has grown to:

1. Bell
3. fireisredsir
4. Lady Lambdadelta
6. Lukewarm
7. Dunnstral
9. Meuh
11. marcistar
14. Kovu
15. VP Baltar
18. Enchant
20. gorilla
Why is LLD on this list and not RR?

~
and on another note I think I tr RR, like, that's the 1 slot to not call me town lol and like all these other people automatically calling me town know I'm capable of posting all of what I've posted thus far as scum, like, I don't think I'm an easy person to just call town, but like, when VP called me scum it was "under the condition bell flips scum then we look at kovu" like, that is probably the worst way to make reads, like, as I've learned, we don't plan on chaining lims or whatever, so instead of how VP called me scum, we have RR just flat out "kovu might be" and I like that

~

lmao Fey "this is a game I'm in" yeah... and this really feels like not town!you
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:19 am

Post by Fey »

I have a vague feeling there’s a townblock forming if not today than after a flip tomorrow it’ll be easier to define which is heartening. Go team.

Feel a little less good about... hm, unsure if it’s just lowposters just being mafia this game or like people not remembering lowposters and wanting to keep alive the majority of people they have a better grasp on or... something.

Brain-jello.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:20 am

Post by Fey »

You have seen me have literally zero spark in town games before, and have the time of my life in scum ones, so the comparison doesn’t really work.

I have fun sometimes and sometimes I don’t depending on how into mafia I am.

See: Romance, Mare, etc.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Fey »

Hypothermia for the scum variant of those two.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 740, Fey wrote:I have a vague feeling there’s a townblock forming if not today than after a flip tomorrow it’ll be easier to define which is heartening. Go team.

Feel a little less good about... hm, unsure if it’s just lowposters just being mafia this game or like people not remembering lowposters and wanting to keep alive the majority of people they have a better grasp on or... something.

Brain-jello.
yeah.. this is what I was yelling about then told to shut up and how "it's perfectly fine for 9 people to not even have 10 posts" 3 IRL days into this, so I gave up tryharding, I'm yeeting someone who has given nothing/not great takes today, and I'm calling it a day
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:24 am

Post by Kovu »

and this is the 2nd time you're just "I'm super different on my alts" like, ok?? I wouldn't have a problem if there was like actual reads/effort from you, cause legit all I can remember from you is you yelling at me/saying you're not talking to me, that's legit all I can recall from you. LLD has nothing (and a TR apparently) uhhh yeah I'm not going down the list
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Fey »

I’ve jumped around in vote a few times. I’ve given some takes that I think should be more memorable (Lavar town, Marci town). Not a lot but I’m not going to force myself to give a lot.

Just because you don’t remember it doesn’t mean it’s not there though. Shrug.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:28 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 709, marcistar wrote:
In post 703, Datisi wrote:but baltar, it's because i'm the devil, why would she unvote me
so true bestie

Marci ur so funny
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:29 am

Post by Kovu »

Yeah I just saw 30 posts, meh, I'll fix reads after a meeting, I legit just recall the same few names over and over, like, at this moment I wanna yeet Luke for calling LLD towny/ not wanting to yeet (same thing) like, THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN TR THE NOTHING FROM LLD.... This is no where near town LLD I remember/have heard about
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:29 am

Post by Kovu »

nevermind I wanna yeet meuh/marci
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:30 am

Post by Kovu »

5 slots have less posts than Prism? lmao this game I swear... like, if people aren't gonna take this seriously....

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”