Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by Roden »

I planned to check Greeting tonight btw. Way too many people town read that slot.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:20 am

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 250, Roden wrote:I'm a Cop.

Now kill Furtive.
Not calling you a liar but I want to note in this situation scum will always claim some PR. There is still 48+ hours until deadline so I’m content to let this air out a bit more and see what others have to say

In post 251, Roden wrote:I planned to check Greeting tonight btw. Way too many people town read that slot.
Which makes them a good NK candidate if they are Town. Do you think Greeting isn’t?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:10 am

Post by whiskey delta »

That peek doesn’t sit right with me. Why not someone like 72/Tidus/hutmeil rather than a ~consensus TR?
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't know if it's a good idea to kill a claimed power
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:25 am

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 254, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't know if it's a good idea to kill a claimed power
Generally speaking it’s not without a counter claim or compelling evidence to suggest the claimed person is lying. You have to look at the entirety of their play and see if things make sense. Does Roden - as Cop - play against his own ideas of self preservation by playing highly aggressive D1? Does it make sense that they would want to view Greeting based on the game state?

You’ve now commented on both lead wagons as if they could be Town. Do you have an alternative person you’d like to see eliminated?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:38 am

Post by whiskey delta »

@FG
can you go into more detail on your ?

How do you and Alianna read each other generally?

Same question to
@Alianna
as well.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

Actually, now that you say that, it doesn't make sense to scan greeting when everyone is saying he looks town, it would nonly confirm him even more as town. I remember reading somewhere that it's a better idea to scan null reads because you have absolutely no idea which alignment it could be, so that's something against his claims.

There still is, however, a chance he could be cop, there are currently no counterclaims after all

Sorry, no, I don't have an alternative. Currently not very good at reading alignments other than the obvious stuff
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Alianna »

Claim acknowledged, no counter.

Will respond to 256 later.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:35 am

Post by hutmeil »

Since no one's counter-claiming as of now.

UNVOTE: Roden

Right now, I'd rather vote the lurkers - Tidus and 72off.

Well you could make a case that I'm lurking but all these "heated" discussions has me in the middle of it so I've done my part :P
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:52 am

Post by hutmeil »

Here's my readslist as you guys call it. It's not comprehensive as some of you did, just how I feel about each one at this point in time.

hutmeil

For obvious reasons.

Alianna

Townie tone for me.

Malakittens

Same as above. Said I should be eliminated early in the game. Ouch :( . I agree though which makes him townie to me.

Roden

This one's not a popular opinion. At first, I found him scummy because of his bandwagon vote on me. But his posts makes sense to me as time goes by. However, it makes too much sense so it could be scum trying hard to look like town.

No one's counterclaiming so he could be really the cop. I hope there's a doc in this setup if he's really town.

Greeting

For an SE, I find that she has few posts and more questions posted.

whiskey delta

I like how he generates discussion. But something is off and I can't put my finger on it.

furtiveglance

Same as above. I don't like how he "likes" my notes. My anti-town notes are not to be liked.

Tidus of the X

Lurker. In the olden days, we vote lurkers on day 1 haha.

72offsuit

Lurker. Read above.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Greeting »

No one eliminate him unless we get a counterclaim.

I will be back tomorrow. We still have some time until deadline.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I feel like either 72offsuit/Malakittens counterclaims here, or we should vote 72offsuit.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:03 am

Post by whiskey delta »

Hopefully Roden comes back soon and addresses the questions myself and others have. I don’t feel good by how they dropped the claim and left
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Roden »

In post 255, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 254, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't know if it's a good idea to kill a claimed power
Generally speaking it’s not without a counter claim or compelling evidence to suggest the claimed person is lying. You have to look at the entirety of their play and see if things make sense. Does Roden - as Cop - play against his own ideas of self preservation by playing highly aggressive D1? Does it make sense that they would want to view Greeting based on the game state?

You’ve now commented on both lead wagons as if they could be Town. Do you have an alternative person you’d like to see eliminated?
Hi.

PRs get caught early by making it obvious they don't want attention when they usually play the game in every other game.

It might be a good idea to not blindly scum read anyone who tries to have independent thought.

Thank you.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Roden »

In post 264, whiskey delta wrote:Hopefully Roden comes back soon and addresses the questions myself and others have. I don’t feel good by how they dropped the claim and left
Yeah I don't really care tbh, I'm mentally checked out at this point. It's been pretty clear that I'm town simply for the fact I'm actually scum hunting and not playing with self preservation in mind. Consider it a lesson about how people play the game I guess.

Btw why are we considering anyone other than Furtive if he was one of your top scum reads? Or were you just distancing from your partner?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:26 am

Post by the worst »

Prodding 72offsuit. sorry, this is really late. Im moving house irl and fell asleep when i went to compile a vc last night. :oops:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:53 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.10
Ducks undergo photosynthesis! ...

... OK... not exactly. But hear me out. The amount of daylight a hen sees effects how many eggs she will lay. Duck egg farmers often use artificial sunlight to aim for ~17 hours a day!

furtiveglance (3): 72offsuit, Roden, whiskey delta
Roden (1): Alianna
hutmeil (1): Tidus of the X

Not Voting (4): Malakittens, hutmeil, Greeting, furtiveglance

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Alianna »

UNVOTE:

Still waiting on Mala and 72 to CC or not.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 256, whiskey delta wrote:
@FG

Same question to
@Alianna
as well.
Wait, what exactly did you mean by this question?
I townread Alianna.

whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 270, Alianna wrote:
@FG

Same question to
@Alianna
as well.
I understand that most of your games so far have been together?

I'm asking how you would typically approach reading FG. You disagreed with my read so I was hoping for some insight from someone that has more time with him in game. What are his tells? Have you been able to figure out the difference in his play between alignments?

@FG
please answer this as well irt Alianna. You have her as a mild suspect so I would like to know what you're seeing. Being Alianna'a top TR despite no meta freaks me out a little tbh so I am looking for perspective.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 265, Roden wrote:PRs get caught early by making it obvious they don't want attention when they usually play the game in every other game.

It might be a good idea to not blindly scum read anyone who tries to have independent thought.

Thank you.
In post 266, Roden wrote:Yeah I don't really care tbh, I'm mentally checked out at this point.
It's been pretty clear that I'm town simply for the fact I'm actually scum hunting and not playing with self preservation in mind.
Consider it a lesson about how people play the game I guess.

Btw why are we considering anyone other than Furtive if he was one of your top scum reads? Or were you just distancing from your partner?
I'll be honest - you're not really in a position to sit here and condescend after getting E-1'd on D1 as the Cop. For the better part of a week you parked your vote on a player and ignored/handwaved/mischaracterized analysis around them that said you were most likely wrong with your approach. You
still
have yet to answer questions that have been asked irt your case/read on hutmeil. I typed out a paragraph with post numbers included pointing out exactly why I was bothered by you and your response was "you just don't like how I say things" lol like what, dude? I'll take my share of the blame if we really did out the Cop on D1 but let's not pretend it was unwarranted. You'd be hammered by now if not for your claim, so there's that. What made you think playing so far outside of your typical range (according to others) AS THE COP was a good idea? Only now when I squint really hard does it make sense that you were so quick to jump on the PR discussion and sus Greeting for agreeing that your play was off.

Likewise, you say the bold & underlined about your own play but apparently cannot see that I have a similar "bull in China shop" approach. I haven't played in years and knocking the rust off will take time. You all are new to me and I have no idea how the site meta goes, but I'll learn and get better as we go. If you really are Town, then I suggest you step back and clear your head, do whatever you need to do, and look at everything with fresh eyes.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 271, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 270, Alianna wrote:
@FG

Same question to
@Alianna
as well.
I understand that most of your games so far have been together?

I'm asking how you would typically approach reading FG. You disagreed with my read so I was hoping for some insight from someone that has more time with him in game. What are his tells? Have you been able to figure out the difference in his play between alignments?
I've played with them in all three of my games thus far, but we were both town in all of those games. I couldn't tell you what scum!furtive looks like, I just haven't noticed anything that strikes me as a deviation from their towngame.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 272, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 265, Roden wrote:PRs get caught early by making it obvious they don't want attention when they usually play the game in every other game.

Thank you.
In post 266, Roden wrote:Yeah I don't really care tbh, I'm mentally checked out at this point.
It's been pretty clear that I'm town simply for the fact I'm actually scum hunting and not playing with self preservation in mind.
Consider it a lesson about how people play the game I guess.

I'll be honest - you're not really in a position to sit here and condescend after getting E-1'd on D1 as the Cop. For the better part of a week you parked your vote on a player and ignored/handwaved/mischaracterized analysis around them that said you were most likely wrong with your approach. You
still
have yet to answer questions that have been asked irt your case/read on hutmeil. I typed out a paragraph with post numbers included pointing out exactly why I was bothered by you and your response was "you just don't like how I say things" lol like what, dude? I'll take my share of the blame if we really did out the Cop on D1 but let's not pretend it was unwarranted. You'd be hammered by now if not for your claim, so there's that. What made you think playing so far outside of your typical range (according to others) AS THE COP was a good idea? Only now when I squint really hard does it make sense that you were so quick to jump on the PR discussion and sus Greeting for agreeing that your play was off.

Likewise, you say the bold & underlined about your own play but apparently cannot see that I have a similar "bull in China shop" approach. I haven't played in years and knocking the rust off will take time. You all are new to me and I have no idea how the site meta goes, but I'll learn and get better as we go. If you really are Town, then I suggest you step back and clear your head, do whatever you need to do, and look at everything with fresh eyes.
^
I townread Alianna.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”