Open 854 | Eurybia's Curse | Game Over!


User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 84, SirCakez wrote:Skitter start the wagon with me
This post is slight townvibes imo but the rest of Cakez' iso doesn't really ping me in any way.

Also pagetop!!! :cool: :good: :twisted:
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Meuh »

I find it funny that the people who are V/LA have some of highest post counts rn :lol:
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 79, Meuh wrote:
In post 77, skitter30 wrote: doesnt really look like an rvs post tho
I thought it was just a joke for an rvs?
In post 83, skitter30 wrote:
In post 79, Meuh wrote:
In post 77, skitter30 wrote: doesnt really look like an rvs post tho
I thought it was just a joke for an rvs?
I mean maybe, but it doesnt read as a an rvs joke, it reads like shading gamma, esp. since i dont think gamma's post really looks anything like pocketing
In post 98, skitter30 wrote:Beat is probably the closest thing i have to a real scumread tbh
In post 99, Meuh wrote:Skitter has some good vibes so far, townread there! :cool:
Meuh can you explain why you're townreading skitter

she's really tricky as scum and it seems to me like you disagree with her about Beat (I didn't quote the post on the next page where you say why you're townreading Beat) so what it is specifically that gave you "good vibes"?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 28131
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

How is the worst so obviously town it hurts
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 28131
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 134, Beat wrote:The Setup is designed around a Mafia lim always being more powerful than a town lim. Shooting for mafia every day is for the best
Ahh yes in Mafia we try to eliminate scum. Beat with the strats.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 28131
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 106, Isis wrote:i'm gonna engage witht his game with the worst possible posting style probably but the important thing is to get away from the posting style of a dead bass that was caught from an artificial lake and driven home to be cooked but the fisher passed by and A&W restaurant when she had to reroute for a wreck and A&W's are sooo raaaare so she stopped and had a borgar then continued home but it was hard to remember a type of food in her trunk when her tummy was full so she went to bed and the fish spoiled
In post 108, Isis wrote:86 reads like scum stream of consciousness more than town stream of consciousness to me. It feels like the possibility that Cakez is faking unawareness of the gamestate is being seriously considered and presented as content, even though that's actually an extremely rare thing (and beat is some flavor of seasoned). I think town would more firmly reject including the possibility with any prominence after making a felt-judgment to just rule it out (especially if the final conclusion is green); scum!beat however has an incentive to present it as content because it's not impossible for it to happen in a mafia game and it's reasoning process for developing a read
These posts are so over the top that it just reads to me like Isis is trying to replicate her town meta

VOTE: isis
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 28131
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

Also as the resident skitter apologist she is probably town this game as well given two mind melds already
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 108, Isis wrote:86 reads like scum stream of consciousness more than town stream of consciousness to me. It feels like the possibility that Cakez is faking unawareness of the gamestate is being seriously considered and presented as content, even though that's actually an extremely rare thing (and beat is some flavor of seasoned). I think town would more firmly reject including the possibility with any prominence after making a felt-judgment to just rule it out (especially if the final conclusion is green); scum!beat however has an incentive to present it as content because it's not impossible for it to happen in a mafia game and it's reasoning process for developing a read
I initially had a similar gut dislike of this post as skitter did, it felt a bit contrived and over-explainy, but at the same time if it was entirely bullshit I think Isis would be a bit more self-aware of it being a bullshit push? The more I thought through the reasoning in this post the less I found it scummy
In post 110, Beat wrote:Is my point not that it being unlikely is the source of the townread?
I suppose you could say its not but I see no reason not to present my thought on the natural counterpoint to my read. Besides it never hurts to be meticulous.
and I also did not like this response - Beat, why do you think you phrased the first part of this reply as a question? It feels like you're trying to argue without actually being confrontational.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 155, SirCakez wrote:These posts are so over the top that it just reads to me like Isis is trying to replicate her town meta
similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 152, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 79, Meuh wrote:
In post 77, skitter30 wrote: doesnt really look like an rvs post tho
I thought it was just a joke for an rvs?
In post 83, skitter30 wrote:
In post 79, Meuh wrote:
In post 77, skitter30 wrote: doesnt really look like an rvs post tho
I thought it was just a joke for an rvs?
I mean maybe, but it doesnt read as a an rvs joke, it reads like shading gamma, esp. since i dont think gamma's post really looks anything like pocketing
In post 98, skitter30 wrote:Beat is probably the closest thing i have to a real scumread tbh
In post 99, Meuh wrote:Skitter has some good vibes so far, townread there! :cool:
Meuh can you explain why you're townreading skitter

she's really tricky as scum and it seems to me like you disagree with her about Beat (I didn't quote the post on the next page where you say why you're townreading Beat) so what it is specifically that gave you "good vibes"?
Never played with her before so idk her meta. She seems proactive but not really in a performative way if that makes any sense? Feels like she’s being genuine because of that.
Not quoted in your post is which is the root of my read there, it feels pretty good.
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 158, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 155, SirCakez wrote:These posts are so over the top that it just reads to me like Isis is trying to replicate her town meta
similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
This post sucks
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Meuh »

Are you really genuinely asking that, GL?
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 160, Meuh wrote:
In post 158, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 155, SirCakez wrote:These posts are so over the top that it just reads to me like Isis is trying to replicate her town meta
similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
This post sucks
:roll:

am I wrong to think Isis is not going to obvscum on page 5?

especially because Cakez argument is just "she's trying to replicate her town meta", which is always a shit reason to scumread someone because usually
it's just actually their town meta
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 162, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 160, Meuh wrote:
In post 158, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 155, SirCakez wrote:These posts are so over the top that it just reads to me like Isis is trying to replicate her town meta
similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
This post sucks
:roll:

am I wrong to think Isis is not going to obvscum on page 5?

especially because Cakez argument is just "she's trying to replicate her town meta", which is always a shit reason to scumread someone because usually
it's just actually their town meta
I think your question was bad, even if you disagree with Cakez
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

what do you not like about the question

I think Cakez vote is either lazy or scummy and I am probing him to dig into which it is
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Meuh

also, you can have a vote for lawyering on behalf of Cakez before he even answered my question

combined with your skitter and beat townreads, feels like you're trying to make buddies more than hunt scum
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5072
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 164, GuiltyLion wrote:what do you not like about the question

I think Cakez vote is either lazy or scummy and I am probing him to dig into which it is
I think the angle you’re aiming at with saying Isis wouldn’t obvscum on page 5 shuts down the discussion and isn’t an actual attempt to get more out of Cakez
It’s more a gotcha and shade than actual questioning
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 158, GuiltyLion wrote:similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
to be clear, you think this post is shutting down discussion?

how does it shut down discussion to say I don't think Isis is an easy obvscum

if he disagrees he's welcome to explain why

this isn't even a gotcha? like what
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2954
Joined: May 25, 2021
Pronoun: He/him
Location: Bowling, probably

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 149, Meuh wrote:
In post 138, Pavowski wrote:
In post 78, Meuh wrote:GL/Titus/Gamma

Here you go
I like your vibes Meuh but this is weird and I'm curious how serious it is
I feel pretty much neut about Titus and Gamma.
GL's intro feels a bit weird honestly? Just a bit off and I want to poke there. :cool:
Dunno how you could feel otherwise given they have exactly 1 RVS post apiece
User avatar
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
User avatar
User avatar
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Posts: 4379
Joined: December 18, 2020
Location: Canada

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:48 am

Post by marcistar »

why are you nerds wall posting :rosejudge:
User avatar
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
User avatar
User avatar
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Posts: 4379
Joined: December 18, 2020
Location: Canada

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:52 am

Post by marcistar »

isis posts too much words but ends up saying nothing of value most of the time, but the rare post where theres value I like so isis town question mark?

meuh, i cant explain it.. like her posts dont really look bad at a glance... but something deep down is telling me we've got to be wary about her.
User avatar
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
User avatar
User avatar
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Posts: 4379
Joined: December 18, 2020
Location: Canada

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:53 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 167, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 158, GuiltyLion wrote:similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
to be clear, you think this post is shutting down discussion?

how does it shut down discussion to say I don't think Isis is an easy obvscum

if he disagrees he's welcome to explain why

this isn't even a gotcha? like what
donu townread isis
User avatar
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
User avatar
User avatar
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Posts: 4379
Joined: December 18, 2020
Location: Canada

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:56 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 131, Aristeia wrote:she's trying to distance from her partner
aristeia is v funny so i think theyre town in my books :cool:
User avatar
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
User avatar
User avatar
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Posts: 4379
Joined: December 18, 2020
Location: Canada

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:57 am

Post by marcistar »

pav and the worst are both just mid
User avatar
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
User avatar
User avatar
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Posts: 4379
Joined: December 18, 2020
Location: Canada

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:57 am

Post by marcistar »

excited to see what titus & fruit hit us with
Locked

Return to “Completed Open Games”