Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1245, Kovu wrote:also I'm very certain in my TRs.

meuh/marci blend together so I'm not really reading either, they're both in my low peo just cause yeah, I'll deal with reading those 2 later,

VERY BOTTOM poe is : fire. mala, dunn, RR

People I can't TR are: Bell, fire, mala, Dunn, RR, Dwlee, Gamma

and if all poe are gon, and there's 1 scum left at the end, I would reevaluate gorilla
In post 1246, Kovu wrote:people I didn't mention, I TR, with varying levels of certainty, but I feel very good about these reads. and I have to get the fire thing off my chest. I'm VERY certain fire is not town. that hood... I know I just talk a lot in general, but fire is mafia
Am I to conclude that you town read me now? What changed?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1272, Kovu wrote:hmm ok frick I might be wrong on fire... shouldn't have outed that.. rip but SS AN Mena doing nothing? like that case I still firmly believe in, so I'll just stay therefor a bit, cause this silence from everyone has me thinking fire might be town, cause scum is not going to disrupt TvT arguments..

VOTE: RR

I'll figure my life out later, but this is definitely scum
No bad.

*squirts water bottle*
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 1249, marcistar wrote:did u agree with lukes reasonings ooooor?
Yes. SirCakez was the slot most on my mind as being one of those either a better player, or else informed. Seeing Lukewarm express basically the same thought in different words convinced me to do something about it.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1271, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1262, marcistar wrote:NOOO WAIT U WERE AMUMUMUMU??? WHY DID IT GET ERASED FROM MY MEMORY.... I REMEMBER I WAS VIBING WITH AMUMUMUMU BUT I DIDNT REMEMBER WHO IT WAS....
yupp i didn't realize you were gragas until this game actually

i kinda ignored that thread after i died cause i was embarrassed by how bad i played lol, so i didn't pay much attention to the reveals of who was who
NOO U DID FINE/? or maybe i just fell for ur charms idk im kinda a dumbass LOL

i was so mad when i got miselimed cuz i was having so much fun calling caitlyn and ashe clowns :cry: :cry:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Not sure what to make of the fire/kovu pt
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Kovu »

I would like to apologize and take back what I said about fire being scum, fire is definitely town. I am sorry fire :(
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1275, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1245, Kovu wrote:also I'm very certain in my TRs.

meuh/marci blend together so I'm not really reading either, they're both in my low peo just cause yeah, I'll deal with reading those 2 later,

VERY BOTTOM poe is : fire. mala, dunn, RR

People I can't TR are: Bell, fire, mala, Dunn, RR, Dwlee, Gamma

and if all poe are gon, and there's 1 scum left at the end, I would reevaluate gorilla
In post 1246, Kovu wrote:people I didn't mention, I TR, with varying levels of certainty, but I feel very good about these reads. and I have to get the fire thing off my chest. I'm VERY certain fire is not town. that hood... I know I just talk a lot in general, but fire is mafia
Am I to conclude that you town read me now? What changed?
@kovu
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Looking back Fey looks town - the early Datisi push was much more about info-gathering/discussing things with Datisi than pushing for them as a mis-elim. The Dwlee vote from her was a little weak on its own but the followup now to Meuh feels v. good. Tonally I like the posting a lot too, though that may just be me relating to it personally than it being strictly more likely to come from town than scum.

@Marci - since you're voting me how do you feel about my not-you reads? Or my votes yesterday after it become clear that you weren't going to get elim'd that game day? Do you think I'm more likely to be scum given the flips, and/or that anyone else is more likely to be town b/c of them?

@Meuh - Which of Cakez's reads do you think are iffy?
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

In post 1163, Meuh wrote:Baltar immediately taking advantage of the death to shade other people
Is that bad? Wouldn't a townie be looking to derive new information from the flip?
In post 1174, gorilla wrote:Fairly puzzled by the nightkill. I think the fact that it was on someone who had barely posted at all is likely a sign that scum are feeling comfortable.
Yes, but I'm not really sure what scumteam wouldn't be feeling comfortable here, or who could really be killed to allay that discomfort even if they were. LLD is a pretty scary player if town, most people here probably know that, so I don't really think it can be read into that much.
In post 1177, Val89 wrote:all I can say is I didn't understand the purpose of the posting gimmick
I saw the reference to it in the setup post, thought it would be funny, then decided it would be a great way to keep our post count down (as a hydra in a post-limited game I was worried about using up too many of our posts and depriving my partner of the ability to say more valuable things). He loved it and then that was that. But then we were both V/LA for three days anyway so the postcount thing was moot :P
In post 1178, Fey wrote:I also think LLD dying here means that she was the nightkill who shot Datisi, rather than the other way around.
This is mildly +town I think
In post 1180, Meuh wrote:huh in what way? in my mind scum would avoid killing people who scumread them, so they don't die
This seems like reasonably sound logic, though not 100% conclusive. Not necessarily for all time, but on Night 1, after a mislim, it probably is something scum can afford to think about, since they were likely feeling comfortable anyway.
In post 1238, fireisredsir wrote:my first reaction to this post was "well, dunn is town" but tbh showing up only after people start pushing on him means i proooobably shouldn't let him off that easy, even though i want to. idk
Dunn is being super super Dunn this game. Normally he is quiet and witty and down-to-earth, and I feel like he's doing all those things more than he usually does. Maybe just because I haven't played with him in a while.

My approach to him is generally "keep him around a while because he's usually good for the gamestate and then he'll either die or get sorted mechanically", however I feel like I very often die early when he's scum, so I'm not sure that that approach is actually that effective. Fortunately I'm only half of this hydra so maybe Mena will have a better idea.
In post 1264, Kovu wrote:there were many times Mena was like "I need to talk to ss about that" umm excuse me.. SS voted lava, and ss never told you why? like fire and I were literally discussing reads yet apparently mena and SS weren't, SS and mena conviniently had no reaction to the Dwlee wagon?
no, he was pretty absent for most of the day yesterday so we never really discussed anything in private. I generally don't feel the need to talk about reads privately with my hydra partner, I can just post my reads in the thread instead.

Why is having no reaction to the Dwlee wagon convenient? Wouldn't it be more convenient to have a reaction that would later be shown to be right? (i.e. "this wagon is bad, dwlee is town" if they are town, or "this is a good wagon" if they are scum)

-Reason
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1239, marcistar wrote:VOTE: gammagooey
?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1239, marcistar wrote:VOTE: gammagooey
?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:37 am

Post by Enchant »

I AM ALIVE AHAHAHHA
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1282, Gammagooey wrote:@Meuh - Which of Cakez's reads do you think are iffy?
I disagree with him on a lot of things, which I guess isn't inherently scummy but it makes me uneasy.
In post 196, SirCakez wrote:
In post 20, Datisi wrote:everyone who has posted so far is town, with the exception of dwlee (whose first post is nullishly scummy) and gamma (whose post i did not bother to read). please discuss.
lets go im in the town block

actually no Datisi is being kinda scummy

VOTE: datisi
Like meh, I guess this could be a real scumread but I don't really like it.
In post 441, SirCakez wrote:
In post 207, Meuh wrote:
In post 181, gorilla wrote:
In post 162, Meuh wrote:Also, Marci going against a scumread on me? That’s new. I was expecting her to scumread me by now :lol:
Do you think it means anything in terms of her alignment this game?
Marci and I tend to read each other poorly, especially early on in games. A whole lot of inaccurate scumreading. :cry:
I still don't think it's unrealistic for Marci to feel neut about me here though.
What does feel off about it is her using this read on me to push back on Datisi. Even if she does feel neutral about me, I don't think she says this:
In post 148, marcistar wrote:i also *shocker here* dont agree with meuh feeling off yet, i think she hasnt done much alignment indicative yet and i think ur hating on her for her basic personality
This does not really seem like a way to go after Datisi that I expect town!Marci to do.

Honestly my approach on reading Marci as of late is to just not do it on day 1 :lol:
It's not worth the effort in forming a read that'll probably be poor and I'd rather spend that time and energy somewhere else.
I think I'm decent at reading Marci later on in the game with flips having happened so I'd rather do it then. (viewtopic.php?p=12746354#p12746354)
There's a need for it here though because of the wagon on her, and while I don't feel great about her, it's not as strong of a feeling as the one on Lavar. :cool:

Also I just found out you can highlight a part of a post before quoting it and it'll only quote that part??? That's so useful how did I not know this
if Marci is scum this is probably scum too

Elsewhere...

-none of Bell's posts feel good like at all. he could def be scum too.
I think the way Cakez is setting up me/Marci as a scumpair while she's receiving votes might actually mean they're S/S here and I don't like the shade.
Though Cakez' later posts regarding Marci don't really feel partnered so he might just be wrong

Also maybe it's meta that justified the reads but I still don't get the Bell scumreads this game.
In post 639, SirCakez wrote:
In post 323, Bell wrote:Meuh seems town to me.
Fire seems town to me.

Marci seems likely town to me, but I'm uncomfortable saying that when Lukewarm has a ping there. Then again, not listening to Lukewarm has been A+ the last 2 games lol.
Dwlee, I'm not sure they embarrass themselves by thinking the Marci/Bell wagon has scum in it as scum, it's fairly risky and gives them heat later that they don't really need.
Datisi, is just....Meh this game. They feel plain. But I don't know what to make of it.
Tbh, beyond a few sparks of slight creativity Baltar feels the same as last game. They got mad, but all I got from it was a brain dead vote on me, it was probably the worst vote this game, but hard to tell if it's just a character trait or not given they're relatively new to me.
I roughly agree with the universe aligning with Kovu, they're just as odd as usual. I dunno know that automatically makes them town but it might.
I actually think heart syndrome sounds vaguely town but they're sort of a none presence so it's hard to know for sure.

That's all I got so far.

This isn't antispew btw, in case you were wondering.
look how bad this readslist is
"maybe town but not sure"
"not sure if they do this as scum"
"don't know what to make o it"
"hard to tell what Baltar is doing"
"vaguely town and hard to know for sure"

these reads are trash. literally completely made up.
This feels like fishing to scumread someone tbh, which I suppose could be tunneling but I'm not sure it's being done in good faith here. Not many people this game even have strong reads and for Cakez to exclusively call Bell out on it is questionable.
In post 650, SirCakez wrote:I could sheep Luke on Val from the case in
I think especially the points about and are solid, those Val posts didn't make any sense and seemed way too self-focused which I expect more from scum. And the point that Val is not really sorting just staying focused on like two things is also solid.
I don't think Val is scum
In post 864, SirCakez wrote:
In post 863, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 861, SirCakez wrote:And there was a big wagon on Marci who is pretty much a universal scum read. Why did that fall apart? Town evidence for Marci hasn't suddenly come to light
^trying hard to save lavar.
Obviously lol I think he's town
This post is kinda good though tbh, I like the vibes
In post 1151, SirCakez wrote:What an ass day 1
Same for this one

Overall I don't like the amalgamation of so many reads that just don't really resonate with me from Cakez but tbh, my outlook on the game likely hasn't been the best. Especially considering Lavar's flip.
Also I'm not really getting scumpings from his posts, I don't wanna shoot there today. I think I just disliked where his focus was on day 1 but I don't have reason to think that focus was actually bad in retrospect if thata makes any sense?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Enchant »

It's like playing free for all dodgeball when half of people have grudge on me.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1229, marcistar wrote:why was datisi town... i really thought he was scum :sob: :sob: i feel so useless maybe i shouldnt be so one minded
These posts suck and have vibes of Marci trying to emulate her town game :shifty:
Her entire day 2 just reads like someone trying to manufacture content out no actual. A bunch of questions to other people and a naked vote.
In post 865, SirCakez wrote:
In post 708, marcistar wrote:
In post 706, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 705, marcistar wrote:did u miss that whole ass discussion me and luke had about my voting tendencies
who do you scumread besides datisi?
datisi, datisi, datisi, datisi, and datisi

sircakez

maybe luke idk i feel like even though i have a bad memory, i feel like nothing has really made me go ": O" in his posts
Marci isn't even trying to scum hunt look back at this post
She has developed nothing all game except for her repeated attacks on Datisi and me. I don't believe she's actually scum hunting.
Tbh I'm warming up to this idea
Marci does not seem motivated to solve the game
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:52 am

Post by Meuh »

EBWOP: no actual
reads
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:55 am

Post by Enchant »

Aye let's do this

VOTE: gorilla
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:58 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 202, gorilla wrote:The reasoning for marci being scum seems rather tenuous to me. Of course maybe I'm just too dumb to understand it. That happens a lot.
Gorilla/Marci S/S?

VOTE: Gorilla
I'm willing to try this out Enchant, don't let me down
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 106, marcistar wrote:
In post 89, gorilla wrote:
In post 86, marcistar wrote:
In post 84, fireisredsir wrote:and like ok fine you don't have the same meta read as i do thats not scummy, but... i also don't quite get it cause like... you're saying that you think he lacks confidence as town and that you think his mafia game is similar... so why is him not responding to votes more likely to come from scum than town? like whats the difference there that you expect to see?

it sounds like you're saying "you're like this as town" -> "i expect you to be like this as mafia too" -> ??? -> "so the way you acted makes you scum"

and i don't get what the missing step there is
I don't really see why it has to be
so, so, so
hard for you to understand what im seeing... but okay! :roll:

datisi being town just seems more unlikely, i think theres more benefits for scum him to ignore the votes on him.. whats so hard to understand about it???
I think he seems unbothered by the votes which suggests he has no hidden guilt, which would be a reason to feel nervous.
i think thats what mafia would want to look like :?
This feels like the kind of awkward interaction I expect partners to have
Like it feels reminiscent of interactions like these Marci has had with her partners in the past
In post 183, marcistar wrote:
In post 179, Samawoodo wrote:I dont see the point of that tbh, i mean, is not like he asked you for a 2v2 or something like that (anyway, that wouldn't be a problem either). Is like you are being so defensive without reason :? (We are at D1 still)
I agree, I don't see the point on him holding out reads :cry:
In post 179, Samawoodo wrote:If someone ask about my thoughts, i wouldnt have any problem sharing them
on this note, do you have any thoughts on other people..?
(Snippet from a past game, this is S/S)

Also this
In post 213, marcistar wrote:
In post 161, Gammagooey wrote:but what do you think about Bell since they're Datisi's 2nd highest scumread? Also, do you have another player you think is particularly scummy aside from Datisi at this point?
maybe gorilla, i think they're a capable player whos holding back like <, > i think they could easily be going harder and getting more juicy info, but it doesn't really seem like they want to do that, which scum could do that? like scum dont want the game to move forward.
Ooh cool, a mention of Gorilla, I wonder where this'll go...
In post 708, marcistar wrote:
In post 706, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 705, marcistar wrote:did u miss that whole ass discussion me and luke had about my voting tendencies
who do you scumread besides datisi?
datisi, datisi, datisi, datisi, and datisi

sircakez

maybe luke idk i feel like even though i have a bad memory, i feel like nothing has really made me go ": O" in his posts
In post 928, marcistar wrote:
In post 764, Bell wrote:Is this true Marci? do you have no reads this game and just floated by?
Is that normal for you day 1?
What's different this game compared to those if not and what's the same?
What are you thinking about this game?
Who oo you think is town nd who do you think is scum?

@Lukewarm: Where is Marci in your reads right now?
I've been giving reads so clearly the devil is just blind
also how convenient it is!! he hasnt asked me for my opinions on anyone certain... which he could always do if he was ACTUALLY TRYING TO SOLVE ME

theres been games where i just float by and just talk until i get something i feel in my soul. like one time someone told me it was sus for me to actually be serious about a game cuz they thought i was only a meme player ::(((
it depends on the sorta mood im in i think tbhs

i dont have alot of time to like type up thoughts since im at work for like another 4 hrs, and then ill be sleeping but if u have anything ur curious abt u can juat ask (:
i think gammagooey has a couple of agreeable takes but they piss me off so dont tell them i said that im not sure what i think of them tho aince the agreeable takes are v basic takes
i think kouvs town but i wouldnt trust them leading anything because theyre too emotional about things and too reactivey
balters i would say how self centered he is, i dont like that, so he scummy
fey towny
sircakez scummy, the bandwagoning is not good vibes at all
i dont like vals view of the invixtus mechanic because it reminds me of a diff game i played w him, but otherwise hes mid, he has some good thoughts

idk who else exists
Oh cool, she just dropped it entirely
Marci's favourite hobby is throwing slight scumreads on her partners and not following through with them...

Still from the same game
In post 107, marcistar wrote:Samawoodo -
slight scum
I didn't agree to how he could be seen as awkward earlier in the phase, though I find it quite weird that since he defended himself, he hasn't come on since.. It might be because of timezones and him not having time, but I would really like to see him give more reads at this point.
and she finally votes him here
In post 733, marcistar wrote:VOTE: VFP I tried looking at votes, I don't think this would be hammer, but i'm unsure. If It is i'm sorry for not announcing intention. I think this would be the best flip for today.
(VFP was Sama's replacement)
She only votes her partner after she's basically backed into a corner on it and for the purposes of a fake pr claim gambit, for context.

ik meta's boring and not that meaningful to people not in the game, but ooh boy I'm getting convinced Gorilla/Marci are scum/scum and that's a piece of the puzzle I've been neglecting.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:26 am

Post by gorilla »

Making a vote on me because you think I
could
be scum with marci seems rather backwards, no?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1294, gorilla wrote:Making a vote on me because you think I
could
I skimmed your ISO and it's a whole lot of questions with no follow-up to look busy and for the amount of posts you've made, there's not much that actually looks like scumhunting.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: gorilla

started okay, mostly fell off, vote on lavar kind of bad, not a lot of scumhunting.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:39 am

Post by gorilla »

Also, your case is...a handful of posts from within the first 10 pages of the game? Seriously?

I think if you actually looked through games you'd find hundreds to thousands of instances of players having slight scumreads or awkward interactions or whatever and them not being mafia teammates. Trying to find the exact team based on interactions with 17 players alive is just terrible, terrible process and I strongly doubt you'll catch scum at a rate better than random doing it. If you actually have an issue with anything I've said, come at me directly rather than making a nebulous associative case. Your entire reasoning falls apart if marci is town, so I don't see why it makes sense to come after me - and since I know
I'm
town, it means your reasoning for marci being scum isn't very credible to me.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:45 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1295, Meuh wrote:
In post 1294, gorilla wrote:Making a vote on me because you think I
could
I skimmed your ISO and it's a whole lot of questions with no follow-up to look busy and for the amount of posts you've made, there's not much that actually looks like scumhunting.
I think I've been acting with a purpose for most of the game and if you can't see that, that's your problem. I was wrong on Lavar but I took a chance and swung there, still think it was an entirely reasonable day 1 kill and I'm not terribly convinced any of the other wagons on day 1 were on the right track.

I've been keeping a lot of my reads to my notes and only mentioned them when necessary, but I'm pretty sure I
have
mentioned them. However, I've also openly been bored with the game since mid day 1, so I don't necessarily blame you if I feel like I'm "not doing much". But it's still on you to actually learn to read people better, if you're town.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:45 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1296, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: gorilla

started okay, mostly fell off, vote on lavar kind of bad, not a lot of scumhunting.
^still feel reasonably good this is mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”