Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Solid reason 10/10
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:27 pm

Post by Enchant »

Thanks
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1876, Malakittens wrote:Solid reason 10/10
I could kill Mala here
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:09 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1878, Lukewarm wrote:I could kill Mala here
I'm not interested in that today. I understand you have expressed the notion that you think the softing is a potential bluff at ; and I do think there is something in the idea that there are a few too many potential clears knocking around, but I don't think today is the day to be charging about forcing that, when the target of that bluff, from your point of view, had this to say:
In post 1484, Rhyme and Reason wrote:I also saw the Mala softs fwiw, I think it's to town's advantage to not have her clarify unless we receive significant pressure (or she does). You don't have to assume we're clear, but you should consider that it's a possibility.
Ask me again tomorrow, I might feel differently, but I won't support a wagon on Mala (or RR) today.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1871, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1868, Dwlee99 wrote:How about specifically and
I will give these a read in depth again tomorrow.

@gorilla - idk, seems like a desperation move to me
I literally just described it as "desperate". That is not a compelling rebuttal. Town get desperate too. It just comes across differently depending on alignment. What's the move here as scum? To convince people to vote you using a case that is likely to be viewed as reachy? To get people like me to see it as towny? I feel like normally scum trying to wriggle out of the elim go for a more straightforawrd defense. To me anyway the wild finger pointing is a lot more consistent with how town getting pushed to the brink act.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:24 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1798, Lukewarm wrote:There were a few things that I liked.

Starting with his reads list. His town reads are: Me, fire, val and kovu. With town leaning on Baltar, Meuh and Marci.

For the most part, that is my basic grasp on the game. Feels like we are reading the same game (or like I said, he could be designing himself to mirror my reads in particular)

I also, in particular liked the things that he called out for town reading me. They were not the easy out in reference to my claim. They were not even the big cases that I wrote day 1. Both would be easy things to throw in and call me a town read of me. They were and . Those are not easy, stand out things to remember when trying to bs a town read on me. But, I can totally see why he would town read me for them, and it makes me feel like he is really reading my posts to come to that read.

Then I like the Val town read. I have also started town reading Val (actually not sure I have actually expressed that in thread before now) so seeing it there gives me good feelies.

And I also really liked the reach out to twin with me if I needed him to. And when I saw it, I could see where town Dunn would come to the decision to make that offer since it is true that he would not be a night kill risk.

It was just a bunch of things back to back that I liked.
Having agreeable town reads means almost essentially nothing. Scum know who is town and can fake believable townreads. It is not very hard. The idea that scum are somehow incapable of reading your posts to fake a read on you is baffling. It strikes me as terribly convenient in terms of how he's handling you.

Again, agreeing with you on a singular townread is an actively
terrible
reason to be townreading someone. Agreeing on that one read means almost nothing

I don't remotely see how you, as town, cannot be paranoid he's buddying up to you here. None of this is a remotely compelling defense.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:32 am

Post by gorilla »

This, of course, mostly reinforces the notion that Luke is Dunn's teammate here because the reasoning seems actively motivated at this point. Less like he's honestly evaluating Dunnstral and more like he's trying to find reasons for him being town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Bell »

It would probably be more mealy mouthed I think.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:37 am

Post by Bell »

I’m noticing that the way dwlee is wording stuff seems to be intentionally avoiding the assertion of their reality as town in their grammar and sentence structure and furthermore
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Bell »

Also to be honest, I just realized that marci is a survivor playing survivor in a mafia game and we should probably just kill that even though from a meta perspective I shouldn’t.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Bell »

The only thing that makes me want to let fey live is that they keep coming back to what they say is at the heart of their town game: “why can’t you recognize me, for me?”

But otherwise very meh, please find scum.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Bell »

Would find it sort of unlikely though this is dumb, that mala fake claims a clear on a partner. It relies on two people playing a role well.
So far R&R are playing that role well but Mala isn’t.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Bell »

I’m still gut tunneled on Baltar.

Sorry.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1860, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1842, Dwlee99 wrote:Except I'm gonna flip town and regardless of my alignment you'll go "woops guess dwlee should have been townier" and we are just wasting a day phase
I don't think that is how I play as town at all. If I fuck up, I tend to just own my mistakes.

I will spend some time tomorrow giving you and Dunn another read because I'm not gonna be an asshole who just dismisses you here. But fair warning, I've been reading the game fairly closely even as I've been pretty busy the last couple days, and I haven't found your responses to pressure very persuasive.
Fwiw I unironically really dislike this post, verbal tic aside
Not sure I see why VPB would be a better lim than Dwlee or Dun, though
Guess that's what makes it a gut tunnel
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1880, gorilla wrote:What's the move here as scum? To convince people to vote you using a case that is likely to be viewed as reachy? To get people like me to see it as towny?
I think, as scum, it is a two fold benefit. It gives the appearance of scum hunting (they are still pushing this as valid, mind you), and if there I'd any merit to what they are saying it shades me as potentially having ulterior motives to push dwlee. They said they think I might be more scummy than Meuh after all!

Town can act desperately, you're right. However, is that desperation being made in good faith is the question. Dwlee is a very smart person, so I am going to treat my assessments with that in mind. I have a hard time believing they think scum broadly are more likely to use particular words than town. They are using a mathblade example (which I'm skeptical is even true) as an indictment on me. It's lazy and convenient. The same thing happened when dwlee attacked dunn using cakez' argument and then said 'whoopsie, that's not true'.

It's street fight logic: use any weapon you have. The problem is that dwlee isn't even checking what they are saying first to see if it is accurate. That's where my problem is.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1888, Bell wrote:I’m still gut tunneled on Baltar.

Sorry.
I just hope you are better at using an invictus shot than you are at playing confirmed town.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:02 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1890, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1880, gorilla wrote:What's the move here as scum? To convince people to vote you using a case that is likely to be viewed as reachy? To get people like me to see it as towny?
I think, as scum, it is a two fold benefit. It gives the appearance of scum hunting (they are still pushing this as valid, mind you), and if there I'd any merit to what they are saying it shades me as potentially having ulterior motives to push dwlee. They said they think I might be more scummy than Meuh after all!

Town can act desperately, you're right. However, is that desperation being made in good faith is the question. Dwlee is a very smart person, so I am going to treat my assessments with that in mind. I have a hard time believing they think scum broadly are more likely to use particular words than town. They are using a mathblade example (which I'm skeptical is even true) as an indictment on me. It's lazy and convenient. The same thing happened when dwlee attacked dunn using cakez' argument and then said 'whoopsie, that's not true'.

It's street fight logic: use any weapon you have. The problem is that dwlee isn't even checking what they are saying first to see if it is accurate. That's where my problem is.
Meh. I suppose we'll see one way or the other soon enough.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:06 am

Post by Kovu »

Luke, I'm confused why you're suddenly all "I want cakez now" "I want Mala" like, I feel like a lot of focus has gone into Dunn/Dwlee, and like especially mala now, we've all established we're leaving mala alone till d3, then if she continues doing nothing, she's main focus, literally aready established. End of day is close, you don't have thoughts on Dunn/Dwlee? or do you think they're both town?
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:10 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1893, Kovu wrote:Luke, I'm confused why you're suddenly all "I want cakez now" "I want Mala" like, I feel like a lot of focus has gone into Dunn/Dwlee, and like especially mala now, we've all established we're leaving mala alone till d3, then if she continues doing nothing, she's main focus, literally aready established. End of day is close, you don't have thoughts on Dunn/Dwlee? or do you think they're both town?
Dunn isn't even really a wagon anymore and I just quoted his (bad) defense of Dunn. He's basically made no comment on dwlee save to mention he could kill them today with no further elaboration as to why. Hasn't really given a meaningful read on dwlee at any point this game.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:14 am

Post by gorilla »

I could be misreading Dunnstral at this point for all I know, I think Luke's play is very scummy regardless of Dunn's alignment at this point. He doesn't look to be believably sorting anyone.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:21 am

Post by Kovu »

Ok woah, just found a VC, I deefinitely thought Dunn and Dwlee wer top wagons, lol this would explain why Dwlee has just resported to calling all votes on them bad.. the dunn wagon died, and dwlee was just picking next best wagon,

I definitely agree with Luke not looking great, I thought his day 1 was fine, but nothing about d2 seems good... he feels like he's falling apart lol

umm gorilla, you said Luke's role was a scum role in the first version of this, what happened if that role picked the same invictus target as someone?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1891, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1888, Bell wrote:I’m still gut tunneled on Baltar.

Sorry.
I just hope you are better at using an invictus shot than you are at playing confirmed town.
Even if I had time and spent hours pouring over every page this still wouldn’t be the case.
My lack of activity is just due to my job and accumulated fatigue. School year’s almost over.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:35 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1896, Kovu wrote:Ok woah, just found a VC, I deefinitely thought Dunn and Dwlee wer top wagons, lol this would explain why Dwlee has just resported to calling all votes on them bad.. the dunn wagon died, and dwlee was just picking next best wagon,

I definitely agree with Luke not looking great, I thought his day 1 was fine, but nothing about d2 seems good... he feels like he's falling apart lol

umm gorilla, you said Luke's role was a scum role in the first version of this, what happened if that role picked the same invictus target as someone?
To be clear: The role in the original game was a role that supposedly "broke the rules" of what was possible in the setup. It was in fact a red herring that did nothing.

There is no guarantee in particular that the one role in this game that could be non-standard is the same exact role, or the same exact alignment. I don't much doubt he's being truthful in his claim that his role does something but significantly doubt it is a town-aligned power, particular in concert with how he is playing this game.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:38 am

Post by Bell »

My primary confusion with this statement is why claim and lodge yourself into a role before you really need to.
Now if you get caught doing something you shouldn’t you have to explain yourself.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”