Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Crescent »

And if you think I'm actually in any way enjoying having to have a post count this high to save this town from itself, you don't understand me at all. I feel like I'm one of the only people in the game actually playing to win. Sometimes it annoys me, and other times it infuriates me.

If I turn the OCD off, I believe I am stepping back and letting town die. The only thing to me that's actually important in mafia is winning the game. I don't care what I have to do and I don't care if I make the entire game hate me to do it. Outside of mafia games, I'm actually amicable. In them? Don't care. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Vivax »

Why did geraintm say that Corwin claimed and I ignored it?

If you don't know, why aren't you interested in it?

If you are interested in it, why didn't you ask about it and pretended not to notice #1101?
This is funny because you are using circular reasoning here:
I only noticed it when you brought it up in #1098. I even said I have no idea where it's coming from.
You answer that you noticed and that you don't know. That answers question 3, and brings you back to question 1.
Then you proceed to 2.

So, is this post truth or lie?
Because I find it more awkward than scummy. It had already been brought up by you, and all there was to dowas to wait for the response. The way you jumped immediately to "Gera told Corwin to fakeclaim vig" in #1101 is actually significantly scummier than Gera thinking Corwin had claimed when he didn't.
Probably truth. It looks awfully similar to this post:
In post 43, Crescent wrote:One thing I will add is the guy who voted me is probably town. I tend to be a magnet for unexplained early votes from people who haven't played with me before, and they're almost always town. It's why I got sus of Gamma last game for openly townreading me for no given reason in the first 60.
Which just makes you and Corwin mafia I guess?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1123, Not_Mafia wrote:Maybe other people would be more active if you weren't so overactive
Actually I think my surge yesterday drastically improved the activity of a few other players, it's just the inactives stayed inactive.

Eiralox was especially responsive to it yesterday. I do really worry something happened with her during the night phase and it's taken her head out of the game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Crescent »

We still have this one core issue:

You never acknowledged Owen's flip when pursuing Corwin. You completely ignored it.

You have yet to explain how Corwin and I being scum with Owen could conceivably make any sense whatsoever. This assumes a ton of early bussing, but doesn't actually explain any reasons why. There is no counter to the arguments that scum-aligned Owen that could've been shot for scum voting for scum Corwin the entire day wouldn't have made any sense. I also think Corwin is a virtual lock for town now after that vote he just placed on me.

But here's the fun fact: The
only time
you have made any reference to Owen being scum mattering is when you tried to cash in on his scum flip, disregarding that he was aligned and there was no credit for voting him. It appears it only matters when it's a moment of opportunity for you.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1125, Crescent wrote:And if you think I'm actually in any way enjoying having to have a post count this high to save this town from itself, you don't understand me at all. I feel like I'm one of the only people in the game actually playing to win. Sometimes it annoys me, and other times it infuriates me.

If I turn the OCD off, I believe I am stepping back and letting town die. The only thing to me that's actually important in mafia is winning the game. I don't care what I have to do and I don't care if I make the entire game hate me to do it. Outside of mafia games, I'm actually amicable. In them? Don't care. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.
Your OCD isn't an excuse for personal attacks against players, asking people to replace, and asking the mod to force replace someone. If you don't understand why this behavior isn't appropriate then you seriously need to step back and think about it objectively for a minute, or 120.

If you think flooding out every body else's content, however slow it might be trickling in the first half of this day, is a "pro-town" activity: It's not. It's actively not pro town to draw so much attention to yourself and your personal needs that it hides the limited activity of every other play. It is, in fact, so anti-town as to legitimately justify voting you. When you couple that with your anti-town push to eliminate a random-draw slot at low equity it's doubly justified.

It's ironic as fuck for someone that thinks they're so self-aware to lack the self-awareness to know how anti-town they're acting. To the point it's likely deliberate.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Crescent »

I changed one of those sentences partially through and boy it was a mess.

There is no counter to the arguments that scum-aligned Owen voting scum Corwin the entire day wouldn't have made any sense, as he could've easily just been shot for doing it.

You haven't actually done any of the work required to build a legitimate case, yet you're acting like your case is already complete. This is essentially the exact same thing I said Gera did. I don't mind being called scum for a good reason, but the only one to actually do that so far was Eiralox back on day 1.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1129, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1125, Crescent wrote:And if you think I'm actually in any way enjoying having to have a post count this high to save this town from itself, you don't understand me at all. I feel like I'm one of the only people in the game actually playing to win. Sometimes it annoys me, and other times it infuriates me.

Your OCD isn't an excuse for personal attacks against players, asking people to replace, and asking the mod to force replace someone. If you don't understand why this behavior isn't appropriate then you seriously need to step back and think about it objectively for a minute, or 120.

If you think flooding out every body else's content, however slow it might be trickling in the first half of this day, is a "pro-town" activity: It's not. It's actively not pro town to draw so much attention to yourself and your personal needs that it hides the limited activity of every other play. It is, in fact, so anti-town as to legitimately justify voting you. When you couple that with your anti-town push to eliminate a random-draw slot at low equity it's doubly justified.

It's ironic as fuck for someone that thinks they're so self-aware to lack the self-awareness to know how anti-town they're acting. To the point it's likely deliberate.
NM being force replaced is a matter of course. It is the best thing for the game regardless of his alignment. My stance on this will never change.

And yeah Corwin is a virtual lock for town. This has "pissed off town who isn't playing to win" written all over it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Crescent »

So Elsa, again. I would like an update on your reads when you're next around. Corwin is virtually certain town now. Your vote there does not do us any good at all.

The question I'm asking myself now is if Vivax is also town. His arguments suck, but I feel like staying on Gera would've been a way more prudent course of action for scum Vivax.

If they're both town, I think we need to put Gera under more scrutiny and squeeze more out of him.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If every living player asks me to replace out twice each, I will do so
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and for the record I'd let myself be voted off (this town will get dominated and never remove another scum from the game if that happens, but it also wouldn't be my problem anymore) before I let Corwin be voted off. I'm that sure he's town now.

If he's managed to pull off this kind of indignant town fury as scum, I can only tip my cap to him and praise him for a job well down. I can't see anything ever happening that would make me approve of voting him off.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Vivax »

You never acknowledged Owen's flip when pursuing Corwin. You completely ignored it.
I pursued Corwin before Owen's flip, so it doesn't matter. Are you saying that Owens vote on Corwin makes him town?
You have yet to explain how Corwin and I being scum with Owen could conceivably make any sense whatsoever. This assumes a ton of early bussing, but doesn't actually explain any reasons why. There is no counter to the arguments that scum-aligned Owen that could've been shot for scum voting for scum Corwin the entire day wouldn't have made any sense. I also think Corwin is a virtual lock for town now after that vote he just placed on me.
No, I don't? Look at the thread lol. Corwin claimed scum to me on D1, there was this moment when I was talking to him like I knew 100% he was mafia and he kept replying to me as if he knew I knew. Of course I play along while he's incriminating himself while doing that.
But here's the fun fact: The only time you have made any reference to Owen being scum mattering is when you tried to cash in on his scum flip, disregarding that he was aligned and there was no credit for voting him. It appears it only matters when it's a moment of opportunity for you.
Yes it only matters when it's a moment of opportunity for me. I don't need to point out things when there is not an opportunity to point them out because..

As town I avoid to go looking for reasons to defend myself as my pressure to stay alive isn't as high. I'm better off proving why someone else is mafia.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1135, Vivax wrote:
I pursued Corwin before Owen's flip, so it doesn't matter. Are you saying that Owens vote on Corwin makes him town?
No, I don't? Look at the thread lol. Corwin claimed scum to me on D1, there was this moment when I was talking to him like I knew 100% he was mafia and he kept replying to me as if he knew I knew. Of course I play along while he's incriminating himself while doing that.
But here's the fun fact: The only time you have made any reference to Owen being scum mattering is when you tried to cash in on his scum flip, disregarding that he was aligned and there was no credit for voting him. It appears it only matters when it's a moment of opportunity for you.
Yes it only matters when it's a moment of opportunity for me. I don't need to point out things when there is not an opportunity to point them out because..

As town I avoid to go looking for reasons to defend myself as my pressure to stay alive isn't as high. I'm better off proving why someone else is mafia.
Corwin is 99.9% likely to be town now. Any arguments based on him being scum are not arguments I will take seriously.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Crescent »

And yes, Owen being on Corwin virtually all day significantly increased the likelihood that Corwin was town the moment Owen flipped. You're probably the only person in the entire game who just flat out ignored this outright.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1133, Not_Mafia wrote:If every living player asks me to replace out twice each, I will do so
Not happening. But you can shitpost more and I'll be happy again.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1135, Vivax wrote:Corwin claimed scum to me on D1
Uh, no I didn't? What post did you and/whoever else think I scum claimed?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1138, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1133, Not_Mafia wrote:If every living player asks me to replace out twice each, I will do so
Not happening. But you can shitpost more and I'll be happy again.
Every time NM shitposts, it gives me a temporary burst of seething rage at his very existence.

At least his most recent posts were actually making a point, though. Those didn't bother me.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Corwinoid »

This brings me joy.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1139, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1135, Vivax wrote:Corwin claimed scum to me on D1
Uh, no I didn't? What post did you and/whoever else think I scum claimed?
Oh don't get me wrong. I had you at very high scum equity yesterday. Your vote on Vivax and subsequent reply to Elsa did not read as anything that would come from town.

But things change, and now I would be legitimately shocked if you were scum. The primary issue I have with him is he's trying to act like yesterday is the only thing that has value in reading you. He's completely ignoring the night phase and he's completely ignoring day 2.

I am curious as to the answer he's going to give though.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1134, Crescent wrote:Oh and for the record I'd let myself be voted off (this town will get dominated and never remove another scum from the game if that happens, but it also wouldn't be my problem anymore) before I let Corwin be voted off. I'm that sure he's town now.

If he's managed to pull off this kind of indignant town fury as scum, I can only tip my cap to him and praise him for a job well down. I can't see anything ever happening that would make me approve of voting him off.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I can rest easy now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Crescent »

Sorry I was ready for that one, I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself~
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Corwinoid »

@Crescent, my day 1 play was shit. I had a lot going on outside of the game. However my Vivax/Owen pairing is genuine and I think Owen was vote ghosting Vivax to virtue signal his alignment, in addition to other things I've mentioned about Vivax' play being anti-town.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:19 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 477, Corwinoid wrote: This is such an incredibly bad look I can't believe you're even serious. I have 3 finished games, the last was 6 years ago, and I'm open they were my only ones and I bailed because the IC/SEs in my last game decided to metafuck each other instead of playing their game and you're like "I dunno if Corwin is high tier."

Dumb ass play because you've been on my ass for nothing almost almost as bad as UNOwen is, and now it's seriously starting to look like team play.
Here, the team play part is the scum claim. Because he could just have called us mafia.

That was based off these posts:
In post 393, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?#
VOTE: UNOwen
In post 424, Vivax wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

Scummy post.

UNVOTE: GeorgeBailey
VOTE: Corwinoid
If I look at Owens ISO again, I don't think Corwin had to overreact in that way. Crescent was after all still skirting by and Owen not calling her mafia, though he pinged her once.
Best would have just been to ignore the posts and not get emotional.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Corwinoid »

ELI5 how that's a scum claim from me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1147, Vivax wrote:
In post 477, Corwinoid wrote: This is such an incredibly bad look I can't believe you're even serious. I have 3 finished games, the last was 6 years ago, and I'm open they were my only ones and I bailed because the IC/SEs in my last game decided to metafuck each other instead of playing their game and you're like "I dunno if Corwin is high tier."

Dumb ass play because you've been on my ass for nothing almost almost as bad as UNOwen is, and now it's seriously starting to look like team play.
Here, the team play part is the scum claim. Because he could just have called us mafia.

That was based off these posts:
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?#
In post 424, Vivax wrote:
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

Scummy post.

UNVOTE: GeorgeBailey
VOTE: Corwinoid
If I look at Owens ISO again, I don't think Corwin had to overreact in that way. Crescent was after all still skirting by and Owen not calling her mafia, though he pinged her once.
Best would have just been to ignore the posts and not get emotional.
There's actually a natural flow though. It was quickly after this post that he started pursuing you for the first time in the game. Owen was dogging him from almost the first post of the game. Him being mad about it makes sense.

He said it was "starting to feel" like it, which indicates he was starting to think that you and Owen were scum together. This does not imply he was sure at the time you were. As bad as his argument on you was, this part of it actually flows well. Of all the scummy looking things he did around that time of the game, these specific lines you're pointing out are not among them.

It even fits with him prioritizing emotion over logic in the way he votes, as he recently proved with his vote on me. The argument you just made is actually a good look on him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”