Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Isis »

You weren't in the thick of it

In the abstract I would also say leashing kills games but the game was already in an insufferable box of stasis
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Faker »

Alright alright I'll do some actual reading for an hour or two,
This Side of Paradise
can wait for awhile.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2674, Faker wrote:I am one vote so if everyone actually bought into the kingmaker idea then shrug, okay.
I think we all got frustrated at every wagon on that pool of gamma/marci/TUF/Pav getting 4 or 5 votes than getting stuck while the remaining players argued against it, and it's been difficult parsing out who is WKing, who is avoiding bussing a buddy, or generally which of that pool of slots are town.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also each of gamma, marci, TUF have played various cards of "I don't care if I'm limmed", self-voting, AtE about being suspected or pressured to give reads. Pav less so but there was a post at some point where he was like "if my flip helps the game so be it", and this attitude from the suspects has kinda furthered apathy because I think what people want most of all is just for these slots to try harder and they're all kinda refusing and maintaining the air of surface-level-scumminess while not giving much by way of real content that would help discern them further
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:36 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 2672, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2660, Faker wrote:UNVOTE:

Hey everyone, I don't really intend to reread unless I get bored one day or become particularly determined to root something out.

I see a VT flip Day 1 and I am down to hear a brief tl;dr on who I should vote. I've got a loose grasp on the setup. I'm around to chat for a bit.
at the moment we've stalled on wagoning and pressuring several suspects (your slot hit E-2 twice on D1 and is fairly suspected still, myself included), but other popular scumreads are theuglyfruit, Pavowksi, and marcistar (though maybe to a lesser degree), at a very abstract / general level the common sentiment is that these slots haven't been as engaged/present in scum hunting and are mostly sitting back while Ari, Isis, skitter, Coral have been arguing about which wagons/reads are best. Titus/SirCakez have been less involved but are pretty generally townread. Meuh is kinda in between those two camps, fairly townread but (in my opinion) not as directly engaged in some of the more significant debates of D1/D2, though definitely moreso than Titus or Cakez. I'm abstaining from commenting on myself

as a strategy to shake things up from the apathetic/stalled state, we held an election of most townread player and Ari got the most votes at 6, so we plan to let her decide the lim today.

you should probably look at the VCs of D1 as well as the Fruit wagon, which your predecessor supported, and maybe ISO Ari if you have any major concerns with her picking a lim today.
Petition to delete the first 100 pages of this game and make this post #1 instead
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Coral »

+1, supporting GL's summary of things as accurate
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:41 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 2678, GuiltyLion wrote:not giving much by way of real content that would help discern them further
my isis read rn: am i a joke to you???

SIDE NOTE
MY SUNDRESS SISTERS THR PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED IM SCARED TO OPEN IT
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2673, Faker wrote:
In post 2669, skitter30 wrote:(And i have little confidence in my ability to confidentally read u, maybe i'll just outsource to ari idk)
I don't think outsourcing a read on me to anyone is a good idea, at least not as far as I've seen onsite.

It might be harder, but I imagine it is significantly more accurate to just meta Gamma.
I mean >.>
We know that ari reads u better than i do

~

Also i forgot that pav wasnt on the beat wagon
Looking at it again i'm a little more sus of guilty lion as well
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2493, marcistar wrote:theres been some posts where shes started out vaguely game related, but then it turns into word vomit.
i dont really like that sort of stuff, since it seems distracting from the point but shes done it more than once it seems a bit like a personality thing

i feel like shes a possible partner to a couple people.

i feel like theres been times where... she only really thinks things as it becomes a semitalked about topic.

keeps repeating the same point "red flips arent that bad" i feel like once is enough but its just filling more space and faking the busyness the more and more its said
In post 821, Isis wrote:I feel like Cakez has too many reads that all dropped at once, feels more like press releases from a PR team than a solo journalist you dig
very much a read dropped and then forgotten about until her update of "i dont think that anymore" but like ?? amazing progression on that is shown where? it feels like a very back of the mind read

was pretty weird timing for that read on gamma

i didnt like her hammer on beat

with afterwards feels weird

i dont like what shes done with those reads after shes posted
like "i think gamma has teammates" seems pretty confident of a read, but settles for beat? IDK

just the way she phrases things
like "nO wAy I cAnT eLiM wHo I wAnT sO i'Ll GiVe Up AnD gO fOr ThIs InStEaD" like at that point she seemed fairly confident on her skitter read so why not go for what ur heart wants :)
i think usually townies like to think they'll always be right, and like to push people they super believe in being scum, so i dont get why she keeps rolling over.

- :good: -

im not good at this stuff im sorry :cry: its mostly just vibes and then i went to try and find the vibes and then tried to explain why i had the vibes but idk if this is exactly what ive been meaning
just say its vibes and thats it :good: :good:
to her credit marci did post this case on Isis and then most people ignored it rip

I've been hoping I'd organically start to feel some kind of decided way about it one way or the other but I'm truly mixed, it gives me a genuine vibe tonally but it was produced under duress and I don't really agree with the read on Isis and could imagine some of these points being faked. I think what I like about it is it doesn't feel too forced or too specifically made to appease or convince people, but it's not enough for me to decidedly townbin marci
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Faker »

From these descriptions, my only question is: what otherwordly paradise did I just volunteer to jump into? Fifth circle?

Wedged in the slime, they say: ‘We had been sullen
in the sweet air that’s gladdened by the sun;
we bore the mist of sluggishness in us:

now we are bitter in the blackened mud.’
This hymn they have to gurgle in their gullets,
because they cannot speak it in full words.”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2681, marcistar wrote:
In post 2678, GuiltyLion wrote:not giving much by way of real content that would help discern them further
my isis read rn: am i a joke to you???

SIDE NOTE
MY SUNDRESS SISTERS THR PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED IM SCARED TO OPEN IT
lol I was literally typing a post on that
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Faker »

In post 2682, skitter30 wrote:I mean >.>
We know that ari reads u better than i do
You're a lot more confident than I am, suit yourself!
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2684, Faker wrote:From these descriptions, my only question is: what otherwordly paradise did I just volunteer to jump into? Fifth circle?
it's a boat party!! sundress recommended but not required
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Coral »

there's definitely nothing spooky going on, and the ice may look frightening but it means we have an endless supply for our drinks!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2682, skitter30 wrote:We know that ari reads u better than i do
I don't think that game is an accurate representation of skill or my ability to read her because 90% of the read was based on mech - I am probly worse than you when it comes to reading people in a mountainous game.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:48 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 2683, GuiltyLion wrote:was produced under duress
whats duress mean

dress?!??! heck yeah i should try on my dresses :cool:

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 2690, marcistar wrote:
In post 2683, GuiltyLion wrote:was produced under duress
whats duress mean

dress?!??! heck yeah i should try on my dresses :cool:
Petition to rename the game to Sun Duress Party
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Faker »

Not particularly impressed skimming through the marcistar ISO; one liners and long periods of low-interest in votes and moves. I was hoping for a bit more depth.

I liked 1520, a post frustrated about Fruit's (supposedly hypocritical) accusation of filler. She takes a very sharp and self-assured tone, and I think is more likely to come from her only when she really wants to be seen as pushing for a vote. Her immediate next vote makes it clear she's not.

I'd slot her as town for those two posts in sequence, but not a ton of confidence.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Faker »

I really am trying to move away from meta, and would rather make a marked return to fundamentals, but without backreading that's going to be very hard. I'm combing through people I think I can get some meta tab on just as a stopgap.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2692, Faker wrote:I'd slot her as town for those two posts in sequence, but not a ton of confidence.
now you just have to get to a similar conclusion on one more of your choice of {fruit, pav} while scumreading the other and you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us :D
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Faker »

In post 2692, Faker wrote:I liked 1520, a post frustrated about Fruit's (supposedly hypocritical) accusation of filler. She takes a very sharp and self-assured tone, and I think is more likely to come from her only when she really wants to be seen as pushing for a vote. Her immediate next
vote
post makes it clear she's not.
EBWOP
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Faker »

In post 2694, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2692, Faker wrote:I'd slot her as town for those two posts in sequence, but not a ton of confidence.
now you just have to get to a similar conclusion on one more of your choice of {fruit, pav} while scumreading the other and you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us :D
LMAO

F
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:03 am

Post by marcistar »

wouldnt it be HILARIOUS if it was just as simple as me/fruit/pav

The Ugly Fruit
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:05 am

Post by The Ugly Fruit »

Hi Faker
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:05 am

Post by Faker »

Howdy, I see you got overwhelmed by all these degenerate spammers.

I hate 'em too, especially the tiger. Not that one, the other one. Yes, that tiger.

Return to “Completed Open Games”