BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:35 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Alright, let's vote them then.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Eiralox »

others are free to join you.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:41 am

You don't want to?

Is there a reason?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Eiralox »

convince me that vivax is as green as you think and my vote'll shift back to gibus, where it was beginning D2
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:00 am

Man, town casing really isn't my thing.

I'll put together some thoughts for Gibus and then I'll see what I got for Vivax.

Hate going back to early game when we're on page 50 though. Seems borderline ridiculous
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Corwinoid »

VOTE: Vivax

Back where it belongs.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1209, Elsa Jay wrote:Here. Vivax is appearantly very good with Roman history.
I'm almost positive he's wrong also. The triumvirate in question is most likely the scum team, Pompey the Great turned against Caesar later in life, but Caesar was bereft at his death after he was defeated (skipping a lot of details), and reportedly cried when he learned about it. I don't know who Keasar and Krassus are, but 'surely must wonder who in the shadows lurk' has to refer to the scum leaders wondering who the third is; "And who then can fault Keasar for thinking life but a jest, and the shadow partner naught but a jester?" is almost certainly referring to NM not being the MIT, and possibly suggesting the Keasar in question is one of the persons on the NM wagon.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Corwinoid »

Sorry,
not
on the NM wagon would make more sense there.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Corwinoid »

Thinking about it while I was smoking, I think the notion it's a vig claim is dubious, but it's possible since Pompey was murdered by the people he was seeking refuge with.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:28 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1186, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm bored now. I wanna do something stupid.
maybe you could shitpost gifs the entire game instead of content?
In post 1192, Eiralox wrote:uh oh toffee doesn't sound happy
you could say....he's in a sticky situation
In post 1195, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Can we elim Gibus? Seems good, no?
care to give any reason? any at all?
In post 1201, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I haven't seen enough from him yet
so, you can't give a read on someone because they havent posted?

oh wait, just realised it was about me. i take it you aint up to Day 2 yet, i get better honest?
In post 1205, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Eira
oh FFS....
In post 1215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright.

VOTE: Gibus
Full House!
In post 1223, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because I have seen nothing from them to suggest they are town nor have they even been even remotely useful in the first 10 pages.

Couple of things I disliked, too
oooh, a reason
i ignored the false vote on Not mafia and not mafia's reaction

some waffle from Corwin at the end about the vig that i am going to ignore. doesnt seem a path worth bothering with.

with no crescent and vivax having 1 short post, and gibus voting me and claiming to be back in a bit, today has just stalled out :(

i've got nothing much to add since my past post, as the only movement is the Evertonian's progression of votes through the entire town.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1234, geraintm wrote:maybe you could shitpost gifs the entire game instead of content?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Checked the activity log and am now legitimately surprised Cres took an entire day off. That ain't good.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Crescent »

I was actually originally planning to take two nights off, then immediately hammer myself if I found I was -1 when I came back. Then I decided sometime today that if I was gone 36 hours and actually got prodded for it I would very much not take that well, so I decided to come back sooner. I did not so much as glance in this topic during the past 31 or so hours.

And it had.... Just 81 posts during that time... Which is kinda proving my point that the game goes nowhere unless I force it to... But frankly, I'm done doing that.

Anyways I took a peek at Gera's ISO on a whim. It actually amuses me that just looking at
Gera's
ISO, it looks like the replacement has already voted for at least 3 separate people during this time and looks like he's just voting at random.

It's still kind of hard to see scum in that slot. That slot has been intentionally playing bonkers all game if it's scum.

I don't really care enough to really read into the posts I missed, so if there's anything actually important in them, either point me to it or maybe I'll catch it in a random ISO.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by Crescent »

...And Gibus has been gone for longer than I was, and has one post in the last 92 hours.

"Neat."

What a great ISO that was to catch up on.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

gibus was prodded.

(Also, I'm aware we're a bit overdue for a new VC but I can't get to it tonight, so I'll have one up tomorrow morning (CST).)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Sorry for lack of posting y'all, meat world has been busy. I am catching up and will post tonight.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Yeah so catching up on the last 8 pages, just going to post thoughts on things as I see them.
In post 1022, Vivax wrote:Sorry for the L-word again. It's really hard to adapt when playing on this site and printing your thoughts quickly. 10 years of using it leaves a mark.
I think if you put the first post from Corwin I pinged into a Quiz, most players would think it's a mafia writing it.
In post 78, Corwinoid wrote:I'm here, I'm keeping up on things but I've been busy lately also. I'm consciously trying to observe more and drive a little less this game than I have in previous ones while I shake the rust off.
Tbh I see that Corwin post way more likely to come from town IMO. I can see why others would see scum in it though.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1038, Crescent wrote:Honestly though, I never even told Vivax to stop pursuing Corwin, which makes the unvote of a vote he never placed kind of even more bizarre. I just told him to stop *only* pursuing Corwin and to talk about something else for a change.

One thing though... If Goldfish is scum, she at least has someone to like, handfeed her an argument in private. I mentioned yesterday that as bad as her nothingness looks, I felt like scum wouldn't allow itself to be so flagrantly useless - Even NM has more content. The posts today just... Show a total lack of any sort of preparation. For her to be scum means her team was doing absolutely nothing to help her out at all, even over the night phase. Those 3 posts were all horrid.

Also. Can we just.. Replace NM out, too?
This is a good point.

Is entirely possible that Goldfish slot is scum and her partner/s are just not talking or contributing. It's also possible that she was very low impact town. Thing that concerned me was her hesitance to vote D1 and when she did vote NM, she made a point to say how it was not serious (i.e. maybe getting herself ready to remove her vote without suspicion if she needed to).
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1047, Crescent wrote:
In post 1045, Elsa Jay wrote:Insulting the mod doesn't help the game Cres. And that's more a private message issue if you legit have issues there.
Oh I've seen it help games before...
Still a bad reason to antagonise a mod.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1051, Vivax wrote:I'd say that since I'm supposed to do a lot of legwork and I'm reluctant to do that with NM playing the way he does, this should probably be the day we policy-launch him.
If you disagree, feel free to do what you want. But then I'll do what I want too, which is nothing while I have an unreadable slot.
Kind of leaning scum on Vivax at the moment but at the same time I don't disagree with this sentiment.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1075, Elsa Jay wrote:Did anyone wanna give a summary so far of the events of the game? Not only for Toffee's benefit, but also I guess a review of important things that happened this game and seeing who played what role day one so far.
Are your fingers broken?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:22 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

So Vivax's is actually not bad. I don't know that I fully agree with it all? But I don't hate it and there are a few posts Vivax has made over the last few pages that are starting to make me feel town.

Prior to this I felt like Vivax was more interested in self preservation but going after Crescent there is interesting.
In post 1109, Crescent wrote:That post was remarkably weak for a change of vote. Disappointing. I do enjoy a good dance sometimes, but it's just rehashing posts from the first 50 posts of the game and making points that were already made long ago.

My town vibe on Gibus thinking it was serious directly parallels my suspicion of Gamma for randomly townreading me very early in day 1 without giving a reason in the very last game. This is all already asked and answered stuff.
In post 1111, Crescent wrote:Now let's review some places where it failed:

A. Rehashing posts that other players scrutinized long ago that I also responded to long ago is not making an actual case. Quoting the same post multiple times in different spots makes it feel worse. I spent the next 100-200 posts getting occasional flak for the very posts you quoted.

B. It didn't explain how a scum combination of Corwin/Owen/Myself makes
any sense whatsoever
. It ignores Owen's existence (as you have done all day except the one moment you tried to use his red flip to say you looked good), and that I'm the only person in the entire game that took Clidd's argument against Gera seriously. Elsa only said Corwin and I would be scum together based on thinking I had voted you when I never did. Both myself and Alex have pointed out how nonsensical Corwin/Myself being scum together would be.

I and Owen would both have to be spending this game bussing like crazy, but here's the rub.

Scum is not going to leave a high volume poster like me alive if I'm mowing down scum. To play this game the way I have if I'm scum with Corwin and Gera is
suicide
. It's actively throwing the game so badly that it's arguably not even playing to win.

Also the defence kinda stinks. Crescent's style of defending herself seems to be throwing shade and discrediting her attackers (I noticed similar in her interactions with Geraint on D1). Also the defence is weak. Like saying you can't make a case out of posts that other people have already discussed as if they can no longer be relevant.

Also how can Owen/Cres be busing on the same scum team. Owen was a traitor...
Scum is not going to leave a high volume poster like me alive if I'm mowing down scum. To play this game the way I have if I'm scum with Corwin and Gera is suicide. It's actively throwing the game so badly that it's arguably not even playing to win.
I've tried to read this from a few different angles and I don't understand what this line is saying.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1110, Corwinoid wrote:Please, for the love of god play this game and not the last one. I literally don't care what happened in every other game you've played, and I can't be fucked to go read through every one that you reference to care.
^^
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1147, Vivax wrote:
In post 477, Corwinoid wrote: This is such an incredibly bad look I can't believe you're even serious. I have 3 finished games, the last was 6 years ago, and I'm open they were my only ones and I bailed because the IC/SEs in my last game decided to metafuck each other instead of playing their game and you're like "I dunno if Corwin is high tier."

Dumb ass play because you've been on my ass for nothing almost almost as bad as UNOwen is, and now it's seriously starting to look like team play.
Here, the team play part is the scum claim. Because he could just have called us mafia.

That was based off these posts:
In post 393, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?#
VOTE: UNOwen
In post 424, Vivax wrote:
In post 393, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

VOTE: UNOwen
Scummy post.

UNVOTE: GeorgeBailey
VOTE: Corwinoid
If I look at Owens ISO again, I don't think Corwin had to overreact in that way. Crescent was after all still skirting by and Owen not calling her mafia, though he pinged her once.
Best would have just been to ignore the posts and not get emotional.
Emotional players can be town and scum though, I don't feel this is alignment indicative for Corwin.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by Eiralox »

Vivax.... very silent recently. What I want... hmmm. Vivax vote on Crescent atm. Has found Crescent-Gibus iffy. Quotes early posts, Crescent doesn't find this effective. I'm not opining either way, still I want to see more of a case on crescent, or at the least gera/corwin/not_mafia. If Vivax thinks Crescent is scum, considering the amount of posts out there, it should be possible to expand the case into many avenues.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”