Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3298, Isis wrote:
In post 3294, Faker wrote:I'm also disgusted by you filthy fuckin' materialists shoring up your insecurities and existential discontent with consumerism.

My life goal is just to live like Diogenes
My tiara is beautiful
Your tiara is going to save us all
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by marcistar »

ari hug me im so confused
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Faker »

Through Page 25.

Based off of what I've read I'd burn Worst->Cakez->Skitter->Meuh->marcistar in that order. I've got scattered thoughts across several tabs.

Marcistar is more of a vibe read but she's really not afraid or selfconscious this game, and I think both of those are hallmarks of her scumgame. She's not at all frozen and is quick with remarks like 235. 315 is a second highmark. I also think Pavowski's open buddying of her early game is town, see 238. My singular hangup is 328, which seems redundant given that Pavowski had just voted my slot and said gut the page before.

I'm not as sure on Meuh. She has some...interesting interactions with Pavowski. See 383 for one example, 318 for another. Overall I think she kept her cool well in the GuiltyLion back and forth and had a good, confident reaction to Gamma in 304.

skitter is completely absent for all substance in this timeframe and the Pavowski interactions at this time are minimal. The initial Beat push was trash but the next reasoning wrt GuiltyLion's defense of Isis was good. I concurred that GuiltyLion's reasoning there was Quite Bad.

With 488, I am happy to assure everyone that GuiltyLion is town. I know, you can all breathe easy.

Worst/Cakez are both more PoE reads. I don't think any of Cakez pushes are contextually terrible early, but they're very safe, ex. in his vote on Gamma for being surface-level scummy. I don't get any vibes that make me think he's actively scheming but it feels like he's just...coasting along and
trying
to react genuinely, and occasionally slips up with trash can posts like
In post 590, SirCakez wrote:The worst is town y'all better have a good reason for wagoning them
which is completely nonsensical on several fronts here.

Worst isn't actively bad either, but the content is thin up to page 25 and I see no reason to find him town. I think the vote discrepancy pulled up by both myself and GuiltyLion is adequately explained by Worst being scum and it being a bad distance on Pavowski's part.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3301, marcistar wrote:ari hug me im so confused
*hugs*

besties no matter what
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Faker »

It'll be awhile before I restart my read since I'm going to go run+grocery shop, but that felt nice to get out of the way.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 3303, Aristeia wrote:besties no matter what
SLAYYYY <3

okay so

im so confused cuz idk whos being genuine >.>
my brain keeps thinking stuff like

"oh x is town" and then someone scumreads x and then my brain is going "but what if x WANTS me to townread them"
IM NOT HAVING FUN
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 3253, Faker wrote:Anyway I'm feeling pretty decent today so should be able to tackle stuff. I tend to wither quickly in tonal banter garbage but I'll try it. Worst case scenario I just start from the beginning of Day 2.
I feel like I should be offended by this… :cry:
It’s not tonal banter garbage it’s called having fun!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 3267, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3228, Meuh wrote:At the start I scumread her -> realizing scum need 2 mislims, it feels less likely to play aggressively -> therefore Skitter!town seems likely -> remembering someone gets to escape -> scum will likely go with an aggressive and a passive player, to secure their wincon -> so, Skitter's play could fit within the ideals of the mafia
I'm still leaning scum on her at the moment, it's more my perspective on the way scum could and would play today that's change
In post 3261, Meuh wrote:Huh, you mean have Gamma escape in case of a mislim on day 2? If so I don't think that happens, Pav just escapes 100% of the time that night, regardless of the scum team imo
Or do you mean regarding escaping on this night? Like setting it up beforehand? If so I guess you might wanna play more passively? Though I feel like you weren't that aggressive on day 2 (tbh calling anyone "aggressive" feels weird but I guess I'm committed to it)
Ehat does this bit mean on this context? How do you think scum-me is playing the game

If i'm playing aggressively and plan to escape: who am i entrusting the game to tomorrow? Who is my partner?

If i'm playing passively, plz explain the first quote

- also i feel like you're conceding my points when i make them even if they dont fit your narrative, but then ending up with a scumread anyways
I do still think if you’re scum you’re planning to escape tonight

I meant like in your play yesterday you might play more passively, but today there’s no reason to do it

But meh this argument isn’t really very compelling to me at this point

If you’re scum you’re with Coral or Cakez probably which feels weird to say but I guess there’s probably scum there

Did Isis ever elaborate on her Coral read? I would like more insight there

Also on conceding points, me saying “fair enough” doesn’t mean “you have changed my stance on this”, it means “I see where you’re coming from and I think what you’re saying is reasonable”
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Isis »

Coral has the prettiest avatar
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Isis »

I would love to towncase coral when my phone is not glitching today or tomorrow. It feels like a more concrete contribution to the game than my scumhunting

Actually what if I tried to articulate both my Meuh and coral scumread and see which one breaks first

Brain explode
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Coral is a treasure and I will be heartbroken if she is working for the other side.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Isis »

Eh I mostly townread Meuh from the weird armchair psychologist thing about laughter

Which no one engaged with
"Well, I..."
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Meuh »

I laughed again since you mentioned it wow my sense of humour is broken
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Isis »

That would weaken the read I think :x
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Isis »

Making meuh laugh is my best accomplishment even if I win this game tbh
"Well, I..."
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Meuh »

I can’t help it :lol:
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey everyone I'll try to do a bit more reading and being around tonight but it'll be a bit sporadic - frankly this is a tough week for me as I'm preparing for a trip this weekend (Thurs-Mon) and then going on said aforementioned trip so I'll be V/LA Thurs-Sun and a lot of my time today and tomorrow is eaten up with packing and whatnot. I'll def try to at least get a primary scumread and vote down so you all aren't just left hanging while I'm in and out this weekend

as I start reading, can't resist a completely pointless exercise in hubris and self-indulgence, I do find it amusing when people say stuff like this:
In post 3302, Faker wrote:I concurred that GuiltyLion's reasoning there was Quite Bad.
because was I not right on Isis at the end of the day after all :P? maybe my reasoning is just some next level galaxy brain stuff
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Isis »

I need to rand town with GL again to see if he puts out an unpopular townread on me a third time
"Well, I..."
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I still think Duck is town even setting aside most other reasoning for the blow up at Ari, followed by the replace out, and then especially followed by Pav trying to throw some dirt on him afterwards (). I believe the worst would not have gotten nearly as tilted by Ari if he knew deep down that there was merit to what Ari was saying.

Coral/marci are my two more confident townreads currently of the uncleared players, but that's still a WIP as I continue to look through the game again
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3238, Meuh wrote:
In post 3236, Aristeia wrote:ok but why would you think skitter's lack of engagement with Pavo is susp while unvoting Pavo and voting for Fruit?
In post 3237, Aristeia wrote:like my issue with

is that you seem to find skitter - pavo relationship susp because lack of engagement

but you're not voting skitter or pavo, you're voting for fruit?

it's not like you're saying weird there's nothing here between skitter and pavo therefore Skitter = scum or pavo = scum or they're both scum together. You're saying actually it should be fruit?
I can scumread more than one person
I was having doubts about my reads and that doubt landed my vote on Fruit
You can find it scummy ig, it wasn’t the most logical vote in the world and I don’t really have much else to say on it
Also the way I interacted with the Pav wagon and the way Skitter did are vastly different and not really comparable
I’ve stated my reasons for my vote already and it does not change that the way Skitter acted around the Pav wagon is very strange, not just from the lack of engagement but everything else I noticed while reading her ISO.

ok so if you scumread Pavo & Fruit - why move from Pavo who you had
good reasons
to vote for and was at 5 votes and viable for elim to move your vote to Fruit who had at that time 0 votes?

What did changed in the game that made you doubt your Pavo vote?

Like I don't understand why you think Skitter's vote on Pavo was strange. Like if she never votes for Pavo there, he doesn't really become a thing? You had previously voted Pavo twice and nothing really happened. Skitter voting Pavo caused me to sheep her onto Pavo which she knew would happen before she voted there and that drew more people to Pavo at put him at five. I'm not sure why you think that's something Scum!her does? Like does it make sense for scum!her to defend Town!Gamma from a wagon to instead wagon Pavo her partner?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 843, Meuh wrote:I’m not really getting the impression Isis v Skitter is a T/T situation tbh

If there’s scum there I’d lean towards Skitter at the moment
kinda don't like this post knowing for certain now that Isis is town

Beat pushes Meuh on this and she explains a bit more in and but then doesn't really do any further digging into either of Isis or Skitter throughout the rest of D1.

It felt reasonable at the time so I can't entirely lock scumread it, but I can too easily imagine it as a scumpost casually fanning the flames of a T/T from afar
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 3316, GuiltyLion wrote:as I start reading, can't resist a completely pointless exercise in hubris and self-indulgence, I do find it amusing when people say stuff like this:
In post 3302, Faker wrote:I concurred that GuiltyLion's reasoning there was Quite Bad.
because was I not right on Isis at the end of the day after all :P? maybe my reasoning is just some next level galaxy brain stuff
No, it has very little to do with Isis' reveal. Every other player can tell you I am absolutely ruthless in critiquing process and openly taunt players who think a correct flip means an argumentative point must have been a good one. My review actually praises points against my own slot, and I critique my own for being dogshit all the time.

This line was made because Meuh/skitter were right and this line of reasoning was absolutely fucking horrific:
In post 162, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 160, Meuh wrote:
In post 158, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 155, SirCakez wrote:These posts are so over the top that it just reads to me like Isis is trying to replicate her town meta
similar vein as what I just posted - why do you think scum!Isis would be so over the top you could catch her off of it just 4-5 pages into the game? doesn't that seem unlikely?
This post sucks
:roll:

am I wrong to think Isis is not going to obvscum on page 5?

especially because Cakez argument is just "she's trying to replicate her town meta", which is always a shit reason to scumread someone because usually
it's just actually their town meta
The final sentence is the only passable one in the bunch.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Faker »

If Isis is over the top and inauthentic in one post it barely matters if it's on page 90 or page 5. The mistake would be bad tonal judgment. People absolutely fuck up their tone, attempts at nuance, and attempts to metamatch early at every level of play, ask any DC winner.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 3.2[2]
marcistar
: SirCakez, The Ugly Fruit

[2]
skitter30
: Meuh, Isis

[1]
Meuh
: skitter30

[6]
Not voting
: Aristeia, marcistar, Titus, GuiltyLion, Coral, Faker

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day two ends in (expired on 2022-06-29 23:42:43)

MOD NOTES
• please let me know if there are any errors, i do this by hand.

• have fun!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3291, Faker wrote:I fuckin lied skitter this Beat push trash what the fuck
Hmmmmm?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Open Games”