Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 923, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 920, Gamma Emerald wrote:I also played in a game where she was kinda lurky as town and I wouldn't say it was similar to this or PYP
then that would have been useful info to bring up at the time, and doing so unprompted prob would have made it less scummy!

idk what relevance your town meta has here? i wasn't making a meta point about you
you keep saying you think I do x thing as scum but you've said nothing about what you think I do as town, so I'm curious what your baseline for my townplay is here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 917, Datisi wrote:i understood what the gif meant, i was hoping to hear an elaboration on that >_>
uh....no. we've played together before, I'm not sure why you expecting that.
<(") | (")>
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:43 am

Post by implosion »

In post 917, Datisi wrote:@implo, can you answer the part of my addressed to you?
You mean just the "top of 801 is confusing" thing? I just meant that I'm not sure how much I can trust my memory of a game where I misread you when I was SK in that game and so not just viewing it through a purely town lens, even if I was trying to genuinely read people.

Looking through your ISO of that game, and comparing it to what I saw in , I think the thing I can glean from that scum game is that you're willing to sort of "go out of your way to fake things that will make you look town" if that makes sense. Like, a technique I've used to read people (especially relatively new players) successfully as town is to see that they posted something that would have required a relatively convoluted or creative thought process in order to fake as scum. And 678 is that sort of thing - specifically saying you were about to vote fire but then remembered a reason to townlean him. If a new player said that, I think it'd be strong evidence that they're town, because scum going out of their way to say that they were going to vote and then changed their mind at the last moment is something I think new scum wouldn't even think to lie about, essentially. And I think it's sort of that sort of thing that I have a memory of reading you as town (incorrectly) in that game for. In fact, I think it's possible that for some people (maybe even you), that sort of post is actually scum-indicative - it is, after all, sort of a creative way of going out of your way to look more town.

For some examples in your ISO in that game, see here, here, and here (first sentence) which is very similar to 678 - it's almost like you're screaming "look at me, i changed my mind after I started typing a post out and have a transparent thought process!!!! I'm town!!!!!!!"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:44 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Malakittens
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 926, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 923, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 920, Gamma Emerald wrote:I also played in a game where she was kinda lurky as town and I wouldn't say it was similar to this or PYP
then that would have been useful info to bring up at the time, and doing so unprompted prob would have made it less scummy!

idk what relevance your town meta has here? i wasn't making a meta point about you
you keep saying you think I do x thing as scum but you've said nothing about what you think I do as town, so I'm curious what your baseline for my townplay is here
generally more content to watch things happen without feeling a need to insert yourself into them and comment on things just for the sake of commenting on them. the way you express your thoughts as town feels more natural as well imo, and you don't seem concerned with getting townread

i don't have a very strong meta distinction tho, bc that comes more from playing live and ive only really read things, so meta isn't really something im leaning on for the read
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'd say that first point is accurate sometimes but not always
I tend to hang back as town more if the playerlist of a game is larger, as I tend to struggle to sort in those instances until a good number of flips occur
this game is a bit of an off case where my natural instinct would have been to be dormant but I felt compelled to act instead
also I feel like I do the commentary thing a lot as both alignments, I have worked to curb it a little but I still struggle with it unless I focus on curtailing it in a specific game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Datisi »

thanks, implo. i asked because i wasn't sure how followed your previous post.

Spoiler: self-meta that is probably not useful to anyone
at some point of playing mafia, i realized that as town, i have a million thoughts a game. and a lot of those thoughts, i spew into the game because why would i not. and my scumgame was basically "set goal, push for the goal". it became... sort of a stark contrast, if you knew what you had to look for; the town games were filled with all these tiny crumbs of random content that popped into my head, while my scum games had a clear lack of those. so i started throwing in those "haha i thought about this" or "i almost did this" lines as an effort to simulate my town game further.

the tl;dr being that yeah, don't townread me for that >_>

i was slightly worried about you using this sorta meta on me when i couldn't remember you using it in the towngame we had since then. so i went to check. and oops nevermind.

i am sorta thinking this sequence is townie, though. i feel like... scum!implosion, who wants to impress me and/or others with his Super Cool Meta Solving is likely to make immediately following . instead, going > feels more likely to come from town who's doing things for their own sake, rather than doing them for appearances. like, if i hadn't asked about it, it probably wouldn't been forgotten, and i don't think scum!implo, who went far enough to write , is likely to drop the possibility of writing .

i am like, slightly speculating about implo's scumgame, but like. unless i get corrected, i'm running with it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 927, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 917, Datisi wrote:i understood what the gif meant, i was hoping to hear an elaboration on that >_>
uh....no. we've played together before, I'm not sure why you expecting that.
i know you don't have a lot of reads on d1. but saying "i'm not sure how to feel about you" generally means that you do have some thoughts that made you come to that, and i wanted to hear those some thoughts

unless your shtick is "i refuse to talk about my reads on d1", which, rude.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Aristeia »

god i might actually be townreading dats again >.<
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Datisi »

what do you mean "might" and "again" :<
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Aristeia »

sometimes i get a little feeling in my gut that you just have to be town

and i haven't felt that way since the first page of guardians.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:27 am

Post by implosion »

it's funny because every time guardians is mentioned that way i have to double take and remember that ari actually was town in that game bc lukewarm snowed me so hard.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:29 am

Post by implosion »

I'm curious if Penguin has thoughts on the pace of the game; I remember him generally being more involved/pushy and he's indicated a desire to have bigger wagons but he's not really making a sustained effort to fulfill that end.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

lukewarm is such a good player

I miss that guy.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So Page 1&2:

I kinda vibe with a possible Vulture town.

Datisi/ari is gonna be hard to read, but I promise not to scream for their elim for the full on pocket attempts......

161 feels like town!Datisi. I also agree w/ a good portion of these reads.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 310, Andante wrote:VOTE: hutmeil
they seem a little off, like their “focus” upon entering doesn’t seem to be to actually sort anyone, and just asked a few questions where like you could give any answer and they probably wouldn’t even follow up? idk, they just don’t feel like town to me, and they’re probably my strong “lead” for where to go to find maf, could just be I SR their stuff cause there’s not a lot, but I genuinely don’t like what we have so far from hut
I lowkey thought the same thing in a prev game with hutmeil and refused to remove myself out of a tunnel and I was wrong. So I'm going to take a bit of caution because I try to sort this slot.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

ngl i'm on beginning of page 15 and i feel like gamma is lacking the passion and soul in their posts that they usually have as town. I'm kinda scum reading that slot, but it might be early

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Malakittens »

oof I think hell is freezing over:

Ari/datisi/andante all feel town to me
gamma feels scum
i'm not getting townish vibes from fire.
SS is going to be hard to read in general.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

That is a really worrying readlist.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 508, hutmeil wrote:I find Andante scummy just for the fact that he keeps changing his votes. If I counted correctly, you've already voted 8 times! But then again he seems playful so cannot really read into anything there.
That doesn't make her scum. I remember in one of the games (I think Control??) I remember doing a VCA PxP and she kept changing her vote and I wantedto kill her lmaffo

VOTE: gamma

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 944, Something_Smart wrote:That is a really worrying readlist.
:roll:

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 942, Malakittens wrote:ngl i'm on beginning of page 15 and i feel like gamma is lacking the passion and soul in their posts that they usually have as town. I'm kinda scum reading that slot, but it might be early
keep reading
<Embrace The Void>

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 947, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 942, Malakittens wrote:ngl i'm on beginning of page 15 and i feel like gamma is lacking the passion and soul in their posts that they usually have as town. I'm kinda scum reading that slot, but it might be early
keep reading
LOL that was my exact reaction to reading that... "oh just keep reading... just you wait..."
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 945, Malakittens wrote:
In post 508, hutmeil wrote:I find Andante scummy just for the fact that he keeps changing his votes. If I counted correctly, you've already voted 8 times! But then again he seems playful so cannot really read into anything there.
That doesn't make her scum. I remember in one of the games (I think Control??) I remember doing a VCA PxP and she kept changing her vote and I wantedto kill her lmaffo

VOTE: gamma
you did VCA on my voting? lol that's funny

Return to “Completed Open Games”