Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 197, Datisi wrote:i feel like i have had almost double the people ping me as some sorta scummy than some sorta townie, which uh

very rarely happens and it is Not Good
I mean

Do you want to elaborate here
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:05 am

Post by scamper »

In post 145, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 91, Shoshin wrote:To elaborate, very unlikely that scum Marci calls town Ausuka's role fake. Equally unlikely that scumteam Ausuka/Marci planned this bit of drama to start the game off (besides the obvious pro-town effect of their play getting us out of RVS, it just seems too much to pull off this quickly with no real scum logic behind the play).
I feel like at least one scum would maybe want to throw shade at that claim? Idk, if I'm scum I'd want to create doubt over town!ausuka's claim

Do agree that it likely isn't staged S/S though.
this feels a little fence sit-y
In post 151, Roden wrote:
In post 149, Datisi wrote:suspicious of roden because the early townread of shoshin for "solving behind the scenes" seems (1) kinda awkwardly explained, (2) seems like tmi? like, i'm a bit skeptical that he saw two basically naked votes and decided there's some townie solving happening there
Sometimes people say a lot when they say nothing. Shoshin was voting in response to things happening in the game, just because they didn't explain their thought process yet doesn't mean you can't see the gears turning. I town read them exactly because you can tell Shoshin was trying to solve without having to make a show of it.

I think if scum wants to fake a trajectory, they want to make it clear what they're trying to lead to with their reads. Blank votes seem counter-intuitive to that, so unless it's within a player's meta, I think scum tends to avoid doing that.
i dont really agree with this thought at all, i think naked voting in response to things is not a particularly hard way to play as scum and is more likely playstyle-indicative than anything. i dont necessarly have a problem with shoshin but the way you responded to her felt a bit conciliatory
In post 152, Bellaphant wrote:Cool, crescent, Alex and datisi are town. I much prefer Marci's recent posting too. I feel like a scum read on shoshin is a little bit lhf.

@roden, how can you tell it's that, and not the 'throwing poop' that crescent mentioned?
what is "a little bit lhf" supposed to mean?
In post 155, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 132, Alexcellent wrote: Cres and Marci are scum together, got it
This reaction in particular town pinged me
that didnt even look serious to me...
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

I still like scamper which is good because I don't think I could eliminate that avatar
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 225, Ausuka wrote:
In post 197, Datisi wrote:i feel like i have had almost double the people ping me as some sorta scummy than some sorta townie, which uh

very rarely happens and it is Not Good
I mean

Do you want to elaborate here
not really - my three sorta townreads are you/bella/shoshin

the people that have at least somewhat pinged me scummy at some points are marci/alex/crescent

hm okay it's actually less people in the latter category than i thought, but like -- still have too many nulls for my liking, and the reads i do have feel much less defined than i'd like them

inb4 "datisi what the fuck are you talking about, it's page 10" yes i know what i said

ik this is complaining without doing anything about it, but that's my current mood so you know
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:10 am

Post by scamper »

In post 161, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 158, Ausuka wrote:
In post 156, Datisi wrote:ausuka, do you scumread alex?
I think they might still be catching up so I'm going to leave it for a bit until I commit to a push but I don't like their posting so far at all.
I'm pretty well caught up, push away
i kind of like this actually

im not gonna full comment on but thats a townie post from ausuka. i *get* what shes saying on alex although im not sure its really scummy as much as it is writing style, thinking about it, and his response in reads fine to me
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:11 am

Post by scamper »

In post 228, Datisi wrote:not really - my three sorta townreads are you/bella/shoshin
y do u townread bella?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 223, Shoshin wrote:Crescent, what's the difference between your town play and scum play? Why should I believe this is town you?
My play, especially on day 1, is often dictated by my overall mood and whatever out of game factors may be influencing me - Not on my alignment. I could see myself making most of the posts I have made today as scum. My town range is larger but not significantly so than my scum range, and my townslips often come from careless mistakes that I would never allow myself to make as scum, such as making mistakes with my flavor when claiming in a themed game.

If I were scum and you were town, scum me probably doesn't even hesitate to jump on how bad basically everything you've done looks to me. The
only
possible exception is I may have backed off by now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 226, scamper wrote:that didnt even look serious to me...
keep reading :)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 230, scamper wrote:
In post 228, Datisi wrote:not really - my three sorta townreads are you/bella/shoshin
y do u townread bella?
she townreads me

her vibes feel chill and not overly attention-grabby, she explains what she thinks but not in an over-the-top way, her thoughts make sense to me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

See multiple people have said it's a playstyle read now and I don't get it.

I think his playstyle is even sort of towny - he comes off as naturally comfortable and somewhat charismatic to me.

I think the content of his posts is more scum motivated than town motivated for reasons I've tried to explain. I think he is more orientated towards creating whatever content than sorting people.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 227, Ausuka wrote:I still like scamper which is good because I don't think I could eliminate that avatar
IT'S A KITTY YAY
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:18 am

Post by scamper »

In post 233, Datisi wrote:
In post 230, scamper wrote:
y do u townread bella?
she townreads me

her vibes feel chill and not overly attention-grabby, she explains what she thinks but not in an over-the-top way, her thoughts make sense to me
thats interesting because i was about to move my vote to her

do you find that you're townread by town more often than scum?

is being chill and not overly attention-grabby a towntell? because if anything i feel like trying to avoid attention is what *scum* want to do and shes been playing on the sidelines and offering some commentary but avoiding getting into the thick of it, none of her analysis has been substantial and she ignored the question i asked her in

it felt like she was joining in on the early suspicion of marci by +1'ing roden but not doing too much with it at all and the statement of statement of "having high hopes" of reading roden didnt make sense to me
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:18 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: Bellaphant
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

Scamper is town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

Scamper, what're your thoughts on Crescent's alignment?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:19 am

Post by scamper »

In post 234, Ausuka wrote:See multiple people have said it's a playstyle read now and I don't get it.

I think his playstyle is even sort of towny - he comes off as naturally comfortable and somewhat charismatic to me.

I think the content of his posts is more scum motivated than town motivated for reasons I've tried to explain. I think he is more orientated towards creating whatever content than sorting people.
i see what ur saying ig its just hard for me to parse that style and he responded to you in a way that looked unbothered which i associate with being towny
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:20 am

Post by scamper »

In post 239, Shoshin wrote:Scamper, what're your thoughts on Crescent's alignment?
leaning scum because her response to you felt overly defensive, still catching up tho
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 236, scamper wrote:do you find that you're townread by town more often than scum?

is being chill and not overly attention-grabby a towntell? because if anything i feel like trying to avoid attention is what *scum* want to do and shes been playing on the sidelines and offering some commentary but avoiding getting into the thick of it, none of her analysis has been substantial and she ignored the question i asked her in 62
i don't have data in mind for how often scum v town townreads me -- but i think it's likelier scum townreads me here. bella doesn't know of my meta about getting pocketed (don't think anyone on this playerlist knows, really), and i feel like scum would be more inclined to put me aside as a potential misyeet for later, rather than outright townread me when i've been having a not-very-clear thought process.

i think scum who is putting in an effort to solve (like she has) is more likely to make a show out of it to make sure people ~notice~ they are solving and townread them for it. the more lowkey solving is more often seen in town i think.
~M
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 234, Ausuka wrote:See multiple people have said it's a playstyle read now and I don't get it.

I don't think this is an inherently scummy thing after just a day and a half. I also play much the same way - I tend to create content first, then start sorting people. You won't even see me place a vote until there's like, 48-72 hours left in any given day.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 242, Datisi wrote:but i think it's likelier scum townreads me here
it's likelier town* townreads me here, imagine proofreading posts
~M
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 241, scamper wrote:
In post 239, Shoshin wrote:Scamper, what're your thoughts on Crescent's alignment?
leaning scum because her response to you felt overly defensive, still catching up tho
Second time someone's said I came off as defensive without providing an actual reason why, interesting.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 244, Datisi wrote:
In post 242, Datisi wrote:but i think it's likelier scum townreads me here
it's likelier town* townreads me here, imagine proofreading posts
The issue I have is I feel like too many people are calling you town seemingly at random. I feel like it's become a very easy thing for scum to jump in on.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean you do come across as defensive, I'm just not convinced defensiveness is scummy
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Crescent »

Shoshin does not feel like a threat to ML me at all and is probably scum. If anything I'd say I come off as aggressive, not defensive.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:38 am

Post by scamper »

In post 188, Save The Dragons wrote:Soshin might just be too chaotic for me
what is "too chaotic" even supposed to mean here...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”