Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

Shoshin the confusion is that you keep like flipping your reads without explaining why

Like I could've sworn Gamma was one of your top townreads yesterday and now he's your top scumread

And also you were like hard pushing Crescent and now she's townier than Marcistar who you've been defending all game
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:31 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 330, marcistar wrote:ur so buddy buddy
In post 331, Ausuka wrote:Hmm maybe marcistar is town actually

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Alexcellent
This did just feel like maybe there was a post in particular that made you change your view on Marci? Or might just be the way I'm reading it
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 333, marcistar wrote:
In post 331, Ausuka wrote:Hmm maybe marcistar is town actually
why
I do like Marci a lot as town
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean that post was one of the posts

I didn't want to drag out the explanation because effort and I thought no one would care but I got slightly weird vibes off corwin so I liked Marci saying that
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm updating my reads as the game progresses, Ausuka. Not sure why that would confuse.

I limit explanations because it's helpful to see what people question (and what people pick up on their own, like Roden earlier).

Gamma's mechanical "Crescent or Shoshin is scum" is by far the scummiest thing in the game so far.

I wouldn't say I've been defending Marci all game. I called her town (and still maintain as much) but I'm not going to stake the game on this.

Crescent feels like misguided town. They're much noobier than I initially assumed, which explains away most of my concerns about them.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean it's not confusing that you're changing your reads, that's normal, but don't you at least understand why I would find it hard to keep up with the combination of frequent read changes and lack of explanations?

My impression earlier was that you were saying Marci's read on me never comes from scum but maybe I misunderstood
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Ausuka »

I do agree with the Gamma read though, I'd like him to explain why he thought both Crescent and Shoshin looked bad in that exchange
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 318, Ausuka wrote:I guess Bella's posts aren't terribly hard for scum to fake but like I don't think I'd expect her to be massively different as town and I vibed with some of her early posts

STD feels like a scummier version of Bella tbh

Johnny's catch up is lightly towny because the push on Dats seems counterintuitive for scum to make and I like it, still want to see more from him tho
:down:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 355, Ausuka wrote: My impression earlier was that you were saying Marci's read on me never comes from scum but maybe I misunderstood
Nowhere near, though I may have worded the read stronger to get reactions. I'm just getting back into mafia after a very long absence, so there may be a few inconsistencies created by echoes of my past play (high confidence) with my current reality (low confidence).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 336, Roden wrote:
In post 275, Crescent wrote:Why did you claim neighborhood, exactly?

We have two 0 posters so far and Lemons is one of them. I suppose they haven't posted there either?

Chaos is a naturally bad thing for town. Sustained chaos is how you end up with trains on 6 different people with 24 hours left in the day, town almost certainly getting voted off, and weak information to go off of that voteoff because there were so many trains.
In post 289, scamper wrote:hood reveal is interesting, i dont have a problem with std outing it since theres probably scum in a 4 person hood but i kind of wish he'd waited a bit longer so that we could have reads from people on the players in the hood + lemons could have posted

cuz right now my immediate thought is the lemons slot is probably scum but we learn basically nothing from it now if thats true
In post 290, Crescent wrote:With that I do agree. Revealing hood with a 0 poster inside was odd.

It feels like a semi-careless town play more than a scum play though.
I had asked STD if we should and he just said yeah if activity didn't pick up soon. Pretty much nothing was happening in the hood so I didn't disagree. I don't think we could've utilized it much if we kept it a secret tbh, the only thing about it that matters to me is the mech info. Plus if there's a Traffic Analyst around they won't have to worry about false guilties now.
This mindset tracks
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 206, Shoshin wrote:I'm fairly confident in Roden/Gamma/Ausuka/Marci/Alex as town.
In post 341, Shoshin wrote:Current reads, from towny to scummy:

Ausuka
Roden
Scamper
Crescent
Marci
Bella
Alex
Datisi
Johnny
STD
Corwinoid
Gamma

Low confidence on all reads.
What changed between these 2 posts for Alex/Marci?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 350, Ausuka wrote:Shoshin the confusion is that you keep like flipping your reads without explaining why

Like I could've sworn Gamma was one of your top townreads yesterday and now he's your top scumread

And also you were like hard pushing Crescent and now she's townier than Marcistar who you've been defending all game
I have an idea of why shoshin keeps flipping her reads
<Embrace The Void>

Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 338, Roden wrote:
In post 313, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 237, scamper wrote:VOTE: Bellaphant
Actually I feel like getting onboard with this

VOTE: Bellaphant
This vote from Alex in particular feels scummy. It's a bit delayed to vote Bella now when their previous interactions were 24 hours earlier and nothing solvey had come out of it. I'm just not seeing much of a progression here.

VOTE: Alex
There is no progression over the 24hrs. I just decided to vote there.

Tbh I have no major scum reads, D1 is always a crapshoot for me. But the Marci train felt kind of off to me. Maybe it's all town, but I felt like if scum were on it, it's probably Bella (as opposed to scamper/datisi/ausuka)? Felt the most opportunistic, felt vague. There's nothing super strong or that jumps out to me as particularly townie in her ISO and the fact others have called her town with very little content makes me interested in a flip there as well for the sake of sorting other people. She's unvoted Marci not all that long after she voted her and I can see town doing that, but could also see scum doing that too. As I said, not a strong read but I feel like my vote's wasted if I'm not using it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 298, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 294, Crescent wrote:Because chaos is
naturally
scum indicative. Chaos is inherently anti-town and often leads to bad voteoffs that provide little to no information. There's no pro-town reason for playing with that level of chaos.
Newb tell newb tell
I've been playing for over 7 years and have watched games for longer.

Let's see if there's something actually useful from you in the 3 pages I'm about to read.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Alexcellent »

@Shoshin, what do you think of Corwin?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh wonderful. Corwin.
In post 299, Bellaphant wrote:It depends what kind of chaos - flooding the thread, scum theatre, etc, but in terms of reads, pushes, etc, I find town to be way more chaotic.

The neighbourhood is interesting, though. I believe ausuka's claim even more now.
Why would a a neighborhood make the claim any more or less believeable? This question was immediately asked and ignored by her only followup post in 324.

In post 307, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 209, Crescent wrote:Johnny popping in to say "I exist" and then immediately top townreading the one person to reply to him with zero reasoning as his only two posts is a concerning opener. This has gone so under the radar no one has even talked about it yet. I'd like to hear why that townread was given out when he posts next.
It was jokes I hadn't read but like 2 posts
In post 303, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 149, Datisi wrote:suspicious of roden because the early townread of shoshin for "solving behind the scenes" seems (1) kinda awkwardly explained, (2) seems like tmi? like, i'm a bit skeptical that he saw two basically naked votes and decided there's some townie solving happening there
I take back that townread dats

if it was a joke, why was there a townread to "take back" in the first place? Onto page 14.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 362, Alexcellent wrote:

This vote from Alex in particular feels scummy. It's a bit delayed to vote Bella now when their previous interactions were 24 hours earlier and nothing solvey had come out of it. I'm just not seeing much of a progression here.

Tbh I have no major scum reads, D1 is always a crapshoot for me. But the Marci train felt kind of off to me. Maybe it's all town, but I felt like if scum were on it, it's probably Bella (as opposed to scamper/datisi/ausuka)? Felt the most opportunistic, felt vague. There's nothing super strong or that jumps out to me as particularly townie in her ISO and the fact others have called her town with very little content makes me interested in a flip there as well for the sake of sorting other people. She's unvoted Marci not all that long after she voted her and I can see town doing that, but could also see scum doing that too. As I said, not a strong read but I feel like my vote's wasted if I'm not using it.
This is the only post of yours that really justifies the Bella vote at all, and it's... Very wishy washy.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 350, Ausuka wrote:Shoshin the confusion is that you keep like flipping your reads without explaining why

Probably 'cause that vote on me went absolutely nowhere despite being on for like 36 hours so the "chaos" demands a new target.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 324, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 317, Ausuka wrote:
In post 289, scamper wrote:hood reveal is interesting, i dont have a problem with std outing it since theres probably scum in a 4 person hood but i kind of wish he'd waited a bit longer so that we could have reads from people on the players in the hood + lemons could have posted

cuz right now my immediate thought is the lemons slot is probably scum but we learn basically nothing from it now if thats true
I really do think the setup could have a four player town hood just to fuck with the players

Like I'm not saying that's what's happening but I think it's not good to let the hood shape reads too much in a troll setup
@gamma, it'snot about them being the same/anything to do with each other, more the vibe of the game. I think this from aus' explains what I was meaning - I feel this game is going to be weird.
Bella definitely answered the question already
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:26 am

Post by scamper »

I really do think the setup could have a four player town hood just to fuck with the players

Like I'm not saying that's what's happening but I think it's not good to let the hood shape reads too much in a troll setup

@gamma, it'snot about them being the same/anything to do with each other, more the vibe of the game. I think this from aus' explains what I was meaning - I feel this game is going to be weird.

Hi corwin! Are you town now?

@scamper and Alex, can you come chat to me? Ask me some questions or something :)
"this game is going to be weird" reads like a really half-baked thought process to me

i literally already asked you a question in that you ignored...

do you have any actual scumreads?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 366, Crescent wrote:

This is the only post of yours that really justifies the Bella vote at all, and it's... Very wishy washy.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:27 am

Post by scamper »

In post 308, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Before I fall asleep -

Aussie has a fun laid back vibe that I think scum would be hard pressed to fake, won't vote there today.

Crescent I wanted to push for the lim today, but the more I read the more they came off as just the opposite kind of player to me, which often rubs me the wrong way. Would absolutely still vote there tho, there's at least one part of I don't like.

I like the end of from scamper, but I also think scamper makes a lot of absolute statements about what scum do and don't do and that kind of FACTS and LOGIC approach is real easy for scum to hide behind. Still unwilling to vote there today.

I'm about 100 posts behind and feel asleep typing this so everyone else gets a free pass till tomorrow
why do you scumread alex?

and i dont get why you say you'd still vote crescent if you think they're the type of player that rubs you the wrong way?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:29 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 368, Ausuka wrote:

Bella definitely answered the question already
You keep swooping in to talk for her, it's weird.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:30 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 370, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 366, Crescent wrote:

So you jumped onto an active train on Bellaphant for.. What actual reasons, exactly?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

Is it weird? I don't like answering questions for other people, but in this case she already answered the question and three separate people have asked about it. That's what I find weird.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”