Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Crescent »

Because there's no question to answer?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Alexcellent »

There was but I'll rephrase it then - are you concerned that Bella is going to be launched? It feels like a lot of concern for someone who is only at 2 votes on D1. What is your read of her?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 398, Ausuka wrote:I will say it really doesn't feel like Crescent is concerned Bella is going to get limmed and that line confused me as well.
This is what I meant by overextending, yes. He's looking for reasons to justify his position.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 401, Alexcellent wrote:There was but I'll rephrase it then - are you concerned that Bella is going to be launched? It feels like a lot of concern for someone who is only at 2 votes on D1. What is your read of her?
Completely neutral.

I have a better question for you: Bella is at 1 votes and I see someone trying to nudge along a train with weak reasoning and inbuilt excuses.

Why
would I be concerned about a Bella lim by this?

What concerns me is your vote was bad, and your reactions since are worse
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:12 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 384, Datisi wrote:
In post 383, marcistar wrote:i havent read deeper into my wagon but i think datisis pretty scummy.
why
i think ur not trying to solve
it just feels like ur playing a game of follow the leader where asukas the leader.

this is if asukas not scum tho :lol: i dont think u guys would be scum together kinda
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

Hey Crescent, assume Alex & me are town for a second. Who are the scum?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Crescent »

Johnny would be the first person I look at. He's already contradicted himself once and his approach to the current trains felt avoidy.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Shoshin »

Who are Johnny's partners?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 403, Crescent wrote:
In post 401, Alexcellent wrote:There was but I'll rephrase it then - are you concerned that Bella is going to be launched? It feels like a lot of concern for someone who is only at 2 votes on D1. What is your read of her?
Completely neutral.

I have a better question for you: Bella is at 1 votes and I see someone trying to nudge along a train with weak reasoning and inbuilt excuses.

Why

That's straight up what I just asked you..

Maybe she is your scum partner and you just want to kill off a wagon before it gets going?
More than likely you're probably town, but you singling out my vote pinged me as you being defensive of Bella.

And nah, my vote's fine. You and I just vote and approach the game differently.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 408, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 403, Crescent wrote:
Completely neutral.

Why

That's straight up what I just asked you..

Maybe she is your scum partner and you just want to kill off a wagon before it gets going?
More than likely you're probably town, but you singling out my vote pinged me as you being defensive of Bella.

And nah, my vote's fine. You and I just vote and approach the game differently.
Don't like this response either. Your vote was bad am there wasn't anything in my response that indicated a hard defense of Bella. It's something you basically made up.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 407, Shoshin wrote:Who are Johnny's partners?
Yeah I generally don't play the "Let's form an entire scumteam on day 1" game. There is no one I would currently link directly to Johnny. There isn't really any information to get from there yet, which is why pushing there is good to increase generation.

Like, Alex being scum kinda clears Ausuka and Bella, but doesn't directly reflect on anyone else being scum. Ausuka called Alex scummy early on and their current banter doesn't feel like scum/scum at all. The vote on Bella feels like an opportunistic poorly justified scum vote on a low-activity town player, from a player who was recently called out by someone for feeling like he was pushing content but not actually trying to solve. I don't remember who did this, but this player would probably also be town on an Alex scumflip.

You flip scum it does nothing for me because I completely disregard everything you've ever said as fakespew and move on.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh, that was also Ausuka.

Yeah this isn't scum if Alex flips scum.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Pretend that you are town and reading the following posts from someone you don't know the alignment of:
In post 366, Crescent wrote: This is the only post of yours that really justifies the Bella vote at all, and it's... Very wishy washy.
In post 373, Crescent wrote: So you jumped onto an active train on Bellaphant for.. What actual reasons, exactly?
In post 378, Crescent wrote:
In post 374, Ausuka wrote:Is it weird? I don't like answering questions for other people, but in this case she already answered the question and three separate people have asked about it. That's what I find weird.
I have read that post. I was directly responding to that post twice. What I don't see is any strong reason to be jumping on Bella's train.

What I do see is a
lot
of prebuilt excuses to excuse being "wrong" if that vote is placed on town.
This comes across to me as "I need to discredit this vote" and the referring to Bellaphant's wagon as an "active train" makes it sound like there's so much more steam there than there currently is, hence my questions.
But maybe I'm being defensive, I probably need other people to weigh in here.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm not sure what you're asking, Alex. Crescent's probably town despite posting like scum.

I understand why you're voting Bella, but I'm not interested in that lynch today.

I'd appreciate if you join me in sorting through Gamma/Datisi/Corwin/STD. We should lynch in this group today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Crescent »

It comes off as "This vote is garbage and I think it's coming from scum."

I asked you to give better reasoning. You did not. You dug in on completely irrelevant things instead, like arguing with Ausuka about him answering things for Bella.

I don't feel town progression from your responses. I feel like you've been trying to avoid actually talking about your vote.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 383, marcistar wrote:
In post 362, Alexcellent wrote:But the Marci train felt kind of off to me. Maybe it's all town, but I felt like if scum were on it, it's probably Bella (as opposed to scamper/datisi/ausuka)?
eh i disagree,
i havent read deeper into my wagon but i think datisis pretty scummy.

maybe ill look at both later but im busy rn so :shrug:
I'd need to look further there. My early read is that Datisi's town, felt like he's scumhunting and trying to sort the game. Probably worth noting how he appeared the instant you called him scummy though almost like that summoned him.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Shoshin »

Crescent, can you link us to representative examples of your scum play?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 413, Shoshin wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking, Alex. Crescent's probably town despite posting like scum.

I understand why you're voting Bella, but I'm not interested in that lynch today.

I'd appreciate if you join me in sorting through Gamma/Datisi/Corwin/STD. We should lynch in this group today.

Sure, i asked before but don't think you answered. Curious about your read on Corwin given his lack of posts. Is it something to do with the hood?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 415, Alexcellent wrote:My early read is that Datisi's town, felt like he's scumhunting and trying to sort the game. Probably worth noting how he appeared the instant you called him scummy though almost like that summoned him.
Datisi hasn't done anything this game. He's actively posting & following the game, yet has no reads. If this was three years ago, I'd lynch them outright. You read them town for mirroring a thought you had, but c'mon - it's rare you'll find a game where scum don't say something that another townie also thought.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 415, Alexcellent wrote:Probably worth noting how he appeared the instant you called him scummy though almost like that summoned him.
when i'm busy, i skim for mentions of my name as that is the only thing i can respond to without having to possibly backread.

do you wanna call me scum for it?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Datisi »

@shoshin, we don't use the l-word on this site anymore, and i haven't gotten to this game yet. i don't lurk to "avoid posting content" or whatever else because i am more than good enough at scum to know what to post.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Shoshin »

I apologize about the l-word, my bad. Still adapting to modern ways.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Shoshin »

Corwin's scum due to poe.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Crescent »

I've already told you that almost everything I've posted today as town is something I'd post as scum, and that probably haven't changed very much. I've had exactly 1 scum game in the last couple of years, and it was in the 48/24 format I've played almost all of my games in.

And that one was as a replacement - I replaced someone who is basically known in that community as "Guy who replaces out day 1 as scum" and was on the defensive super early just because of the guy I replaced, so I would say it's not even applicable to a normal game. The better players took how obviously scum the slot was for granted, and I was picking them off at night. (Though, town did me a solid on day 2 in this regard) so I could lead the sheep later. I shot a VT with 3 power roles (One of which turned out to be a bastard role that did nothing) in the game night 3 just to get rid of him, took the game over on day 4, and never looked back. The game winning ML was the guy I identified as cop night 1, and had RBed on every night of the game. He claimed day 5 and promptly died.

I actually can't even remember my last scumgame before that one offhand.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 420, Datisi wrote:i don't lurk to "avoid posting content" or whatever else because i am more than good enough at scum to know what to post.
What's your win rate as scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”