Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 424, Shoshin wrote:
In post 420, Datisi wrote:i don't lurk to "avoid posting content" or whatever else because i am more than good enough at scum to know what to post.
What's your win rate as scum?
Or more precisely, how often do you survive as scum to endgame?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 425, Shoshin wrote:
In post 424, Shoshin wrote:
In post 420, Datisi wrote:i don't lurk to "avoid posting content" or whatever else because i am more than good enough at scum to know what to post.
What's your win rate as scum?
Or more precisely, how often do you survive as scum to endgame?
my games are on the wiki, with the exception of the recent championship qualifiers scumgame. i don't keep track of numbers, they depress me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Yeah POE is not a thing that exists on day 1 sorry. Corwin could be scum but I need to see more out of him.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 414, Crescent wrote:It comes off as "This vote is garbage and I think it's coming from scum."

I asked you to give better reasoning. You did not. You dug in on completely irrelevant things instead, like arguing with Ausuka about him answering things for Bella.

I don't feel town progression from your responses. I feel like you've been trying to avoid actually talking about your vote.
I am happy to talk about it, there just isn't much to talk about beyond what I had already said.

I was iffy on Bellaphant, she had very few posts, there's very little in her ISO beyond "i like this" and agreeing with other people, then her jump on Marci felt opportunistic. Stuff like felt vague, as I said. Other people have town reads on her and notably Ausuka seems to have a strong town read of her, and while Ausuka gave an explanation for it it still makes me weary to have a town read on someone who has said very little. I figured it probably wasn't enough to vote yet but I saw Scampers vote there and I figured, eh, I'll sheep that. I like voting people and joining wagons (unless I'm town reading said person), I know some people find it scummy but voting someone who I'm leaning scummish on is a better use of my vote than not using it at all. I find it more concerning when people just sit on their vote tbh.

The conversation with Ausuka was more bickering over theory in the end.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 419, Datisi wrote:
In post 415, Alexcellent wrote:Probably worth noting how he appeared the instant you called him scummy though almost like that summoned him.
when i'm busy, i skim for mentions of my name as that is the only thing i can respond to without having to possibly backread.

do you wanna call me scum for it?
Not yet
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Shoshin »

Let's just lynch Datisi.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Datisi »

why do you think it's worth noting then?

pedit: lol
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 428, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 414, Crescent wrote:It comes off as "This vote is garbage and I think it's coming from scum."

I asked you to give better reasoning. You did not. You dug in on completely irrelevant things instead, like arguing with Ausuka about him answering things for Bella.

I don't feel town progression from your responses. I feel like you've been trying to avoid actually talking about your vote.
I am happy to talk about it, there just isn't much to talk about beyond what I had already said.

I was iffy on Bellaphant, she had very few posts, there's very little in her ISO beyond "i like this" and agreeing with other people, then her jump on Marci felt opportunistic. Stuff like felt vague, as I said. Other people have town reads on her and notably Ausuka seems to have a strong town read of her, and while Ausuka gave an explanation for it it still makes me weary to have a town read on someone who has said very little. I figured it probably wasn't enough to vote yet but I saw Scampers vote there and I figured, eh, I'll sheep that. I like voting people and joining wagons (unless I'm town reading said person), I know some people find it scummy but voting someone who I'm leaning scummish on is a better use of my vote than not using it at all. I find it more concerning when people just sit on their vote tbh.

It kinda gave me the feeling you were using it as retroactive justification for the vote on Bella. Anyways, this post actually has a flow to it, unlike the janky excuse-filled post you actually voted in.

The last line in that paragraph kinda feels like a direct shot at my playstyle that scum
probably
doesn't take in this situation.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 41, Datisi wrote:VOTE: marci

i think ausuka is town for the simple reason i've never seen scum claim miller and i'm running with it until proven otherwise
In post 66, Datisi wrote:still think marci is scum and i'll be looking at everyone who is ignoring weighing in on this discussion

Been feeling town on Datisi based largely on posts like these. Second post read as though he's trying to force activity and discussion and prevent people from ignoring the whole Ausuka/Marci thing, which felt pro-town to me.
Gut feeling is also that I don't think scum immediately calls Ausuka's claim town but maybe I'm bad at scum.

Happy to be corrected though

P-edit: l-word brah
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 423, Crescent wrote:I've already told you that almost everything I've posted today as town is something I'd post as scum, and that probably haven't changed very much. I've had exactly 1 scum game in the last couple of years, and it was in the 48/24 format I've played almost all of my games in.
What's the specific things you posted today that you wouldn't have posted as scum?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 432, Crescent wrote:
In post 428, Alexcellent wrote:

It kinda gave me the feeling you were using it as retroactive justification for the vote on Bella. Anyways, this post actually has a flow to it, unlike the janky excuse-filled post you actually voted in.

The last line in that paragraph kinda feels like a direct shot at my playstyle that scum
probably
doesn't take in this situation.
Naw I think I'd still take a shot at your playstyle regardless of my alignment :wink:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:13 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 433, Alexcellent wrote:I don't think scum immediately calls Ausuka's claim town
so im scum :rosejudge:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Shoshin »

Crescent's either very bad town or scum. Doesn't matter to figure this out today.

Alex, please join me in lynching Gamma or Datisi, your choice which one.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Shoshin »

Sorry, didn't mean to say l-word. Keep forgetting. I meant lim.

Hey Marci! Will you help me vote Gamma or Datisi?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 341, Shoshin wrote:Current reads, from towny to scummy:

Ausuka
Roden
Scamper
Crescent
Marci
Bella
Alex
Datisi
Johnny
STD
Corwinoid
Gamma

Low confidence on all reads.
In post 413, Shoshin wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking, Alex. Crescent's probably town despite posting like scum.

I understand why you're voting Bella, but I'm not interested in that lynch today.

I'd appreciate if you join me in sorting through Gamma/Datisi/Corwin/STD. We should lynch in this group today.
Why isn't Johnny in this group?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

Johnny's town.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Datisi »

hey shoshin, how did i go from 5th to bottom to apparently first/second?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 439, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 341, Shoshin wrote:Current reads, from towny to scummy:

Ausuka
Roden
Scamper
Crescent
Marci
Bella
Alex
Datisi
Johnny
STD
Corwinoid
Gamma

Low confidence on all reads.
In post 413, Shoshin wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking, Alex. Crescent's probably town despite posting like scum.

I understand why you're voting Bella, but I'm not interested in that lynch today.

I'd appreciate if you join me in sorting through Gamma/Datisi/Corwin/STD. We should lynch in this group today.
Why isn't Johnny in this group?
In post 440, Shoshin wrote:Johnny's town.
johnny has not posted between and ?
~M
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 437, Shoshin wrote:Crescent's either very bad town or scum. Doesn't matter to figure this out today.

I need you to show me why they are scum first, Gamma's just been very null to me.

P-edit: but you had him so low on your reads, has something changed?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 442, Datisi wrote:johnny has not posted between 341 and 413?
I reevaluated him after Crescent mentioned he was scummy. Realized he's obvtown.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm finding something very odd about this present situation with Datisi.

We had several people throw out TRs onto Datisi seemingly at random early without much reasoning behind them. I commented on two occasions that I felt like scum was joining in on this because it was easy to do.

Now we have some people throwing out SRs at Datisi and some of those random early TR's like Johnny's have seemingly vanished into the ether for as little reason as they appeared.

Gotta try to make sense of all of this... I feel like the chances of a scum in the former pile are high regardless of his alignment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 437, Shoshin wrote:Crescent's either very bad town or scum. Doesn't matter to figure this out today.

Funny, this is exactly what I'm thinking about you.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 444, Shoshin wrote:Realized he's obvtown
do you mind actually backing up the claims you're making?
~M
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:23 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 438, Shoshin wrote:Hey Marci! Will you help me vote Gamma or Datisi?
Datisi I would,

for Gamma I'm a bit wary about voting there. In a recent game (euryabias curse) gamma was like wagoned 2 times on d1 and then never got into the game and just replaced out.. i dont want gamma to not have fun again so im kinda hesitant and wanna wait a bit longer to see if gamms posting picks up.
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Datisi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”