Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Also I'm kinda trapped on saying a lot about Corwin because we've both still alive in a different game, as much as he keeps skirting that rule with me.
In post 1015, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1013, Crescent wrote:I'm also used to playing with guys who treat AtE like a toy and constantly abuse it so the two are probably related.
I am legitimately curious about what you mean here, and if you have some contrived examples?
But this post rubs me in all sorts of wrong ways. Why is this your focus out of all of that?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:29 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I feel like I'm missing context there, so I'll just say I'm never assuming someone is acting in bad faith. I'm here to have fun and assume you all are, too.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1021, scamper wrote:further: its not selective, you have 1 completed game that is not 5+ years old so of course i referenced that

i did take a look at one of your older town games and im not sure how good of a reference it is given the time difference between games, but there were a lot more efforts to actually interact with and qusetion people in a meaningful way even if you started slow, and im not seeing that here, at all
I've changed as a person in the last 5 years, and that last game had an affect on how I feel about the game/site in general and how I want to approach the game, so yes you should disregard those.
scamper wrote:
In post 1018, Corwinoid wrote:i just wanna note its super oironic u accused me of "faking anger/frustration" cuz this is EXACTLY what that looks like to me
In post 1016, scamper wrote:okay i was waiting to see if corwinoid would respond and now that hes caught up i want to note that he completely blew off 769 and hasnt justified why he claimed i sounded "angry/frustrated" in that post. what IS frustrating to me is getting ignored and i feel like it keeps happening this game.
I missed 769, which is an effect of waking up to ~10 new pages. Let me restate what I said in 761 though: That
is
scum manufacturing, and so is this. My vote isn't misplaced.

What's ironic is that you both read that newbie game, and have complete context for my introduction which came *500 posts* into this game, after two days, but your entire reaction here is essentially an OMGUS to me pointing out your crap scum play in a particular post and claiming I don't have any actual reads or meaningful interactions, when I exactly mean your slot is scum. And then to try and attack my activity after I've been asleep and you've been on e of the people fluffing the thread and when I'm exactly responding to people in real time, and active in the thread, right this minute is a blatant lie (and I've been talking to STD in the hood this morning also).

Also, I fucking hate people who put this much stock into meta. Especially based off one game. Some pretend tryharding and cherry picking so you can make any case you want.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

{crescent, corwinoid, johny} game solved gg mic drop
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:33 am

corwinoid practically TMIing scamper as town and screaming how they're caught for the wrong reasons
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1026, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I feel like I'm missing context there, so I'll just say I'm never assuming someone is acting in bad faith. I'm here to have fun and assume you all are, too.
My only driving motivation when I play mafia is to win, and I don't care if I make enemies in the process. My natural personality is actually very docile, and mafia is just a way of keeping my "claws" sharp.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:40 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1027, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1021, scamper wrote:further: its not selective, you have 1 completed game that is not 5+ years old so of course i referenced that

i did take a look at one of your older town games and im not sure how good of a reference it is given the time difference between games, but there were a lot more efforts to actually interact with and qusetion people in a meaningful way even if you started slow, and im not seeing that here, at all
I've changed as a person in the last 5 years, and that last game had an affect on how I feel about the game/site in general and how I want to approach the game, so yes you should disregard those.
okay, so then im not really being selective in comparing this game to your other one, am i?
scamper wrote:
In post 1018, Corwinoid wrote:i just wanna note its super oironic u accused me of "faking anger/frustration" cuz this is EXACTLY what that looks like to me
In post 1016, scamper wrote:okay i was waiting to see if corwinoid would respond and now that hes caught up i want to note that he completely blew off 769 and hasnt justified why he claimed i sounded "angry/frustrated" in that post. what IS frustrating to me is getting ignored and i feel like it keeps happening this game.
I missed 769, which is an effect of waking up to ~10 new pages. Let me restate what I said in 761 though: That
is
scum manufacturing, and so is this. My vote isn't misplaced.

What's ironic is that you both read that newbie game, and have complete context for my introduction which came *500 posts* into this game, after two days, but your entire reaction here is essentially an OMGUS to me pointing out your crap scum play in a particular post and claiming I don't have any actual reads or meaningful interactions, when I exactly mean your slot is scum. And then to try and attack my activity after I've been asleep and you've been on e of the people fluffing the thread and when I'm exactly responding to people in real time, and active in the thread, right this minute is a blatant lie (and I've been talking to STD in the hood this morning also).

Also, I fucking hate people who put this much stock into meta. Especially based off one game. Some pretend tryharding and cherry picking so you can make any case you want.
this is WAY over the top and emotional in response to my posts, and it avoids actually making a coherent rebuttal to what i am saying, relying a lot on emotion/anger instead, ironically ("your crap scum play", "fucking hate people who put this much stock into meta"). you say youre ative and interacting with people, but what are you doing exactly? how are the things youre asking about supposed to help solve the game at all?

you say you "missed" the post i made, but to me that suggests you havent been reading the thread carefully and are just skimming, which is again scummy because scum dont really care about the finer details or actually investigating whats being said, youre just skimming to appear current. and youre accusing me of "fluffing up the thread" but almost everything i post is game related content, which shows me youre not really paying attention to what i say at all
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Crescent »

It is interesting in that post that Scamper becomes the third person in recent posts that Corwin has accused of "fluffing up the thread", when most of Corwin's own posts have said little to nothing.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Datisi »

i like scampers post on corwin, i was getting similar vibes that corwin is doing approx nothing this game

VOTE: corwin

i absolutely still want to murder marci, but we can get this going for the time being

i like ausuka being tryhardy and digging meta up

if anyone needs me for something specific, ask within the next ~half an hour probably kthxbye
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Crescent »

Also I feel like Corwin had a massive tonal shift after Scamper's vote. He went from continuing to be passive to an instant murderous rage over a single vote.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1013, Crescent wrote:Virtually nothing good has ever come out of me displaying my emotions in a mafia game. It's a lesson that time and again I have to remind myself of.

I'm also used to playing with guys who treat AtE like a toy and constantly abuse it so the two are probably related.
That doesn’t mean all AtE is abusive. You need to get that poison out of your mind.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1014, Crescent wrote:
In post 1011, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1009, Crescent wrote:On a side note I still think Alex's vote on Marci looks bad and this has not changed.
Do you care to offer input on my Alex opinion?
Restate it for me, I have to drive again.
I feel like the way he was engaging earlier on lacked trepidation I would expect from scum
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1012, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1006, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1000, Crescent wrote:
In post 992, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 952, Crescent wrote:#948 and #949 are a good representative example of why she feels so fake. That's an [incredible] mood swing between those posts.
That’s normal for her
So what you're both basically saying is that virtually every post she's made in the game is strictly NAI because she makes these crazy outbursts that look like fake emotion in every game?

How does anyone actually read such a player?
I don’t think it’s fake emotion, and I find it sick you assume such of her. Try practicing a little good faith, eh?
it's not sick if crescent is scum it's just being scummy and acting in bad faith
I doubt that’s the case rn
Solely on parallels I’m thinking Crescent is town based on the last time I encountered this sort of mindset.
<Embrace The Void>

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:09 am

gamma is town
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1013, Crescent wrote:I'm also used to playing with guys who treat AtE like a toy and constantly abuse it so the two are probably related.
I am legitimately curious about what you mean here, and if you have some contrived examples?
wdym “contrived examples”?
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1036, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1009, Crescent wrote:On a side note I still think Alex's vote on Marci looks bad and this has not changed.
I feel like the way he was engaging earlier on lacked trepidation I would expect from scum
The primary issue I have with him is it feels like his votes have felt opportunistic.

He's gone after the three lowest posters, and now he puts a tack on vote on Marci after calling her town twice.

His vote Bella pops it at #313. He made no attempt to justify this until several posts later at #362, which is after other people had voted for Alex. He then overreacted to my scrutiny of his vote. Later he comes up with a lazy stance of "let's just do Corwin or Johnny" at #644 with a vote on Johnny at #794.

He calls Marci town in #352 and in #790 (right before he votes Johnny), then votes Marci in #832 in a not-great post.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1016, scamper wrote:okay i was waiting to see if corwinoid would respond and now that hes caught up i want to note that he completely blew off and hasnt justified why he claimed i sounded "angry/frustrated" in that post. what IS frustrating to me is getting ignored and i feel like it keeps happening this game.

i also want to note that corwinoids catchup was super dry and consistedmostly of him commenting on/replying to things and has one actual stance, which is that marci "felt super off the cuff and not artificial at all". thats the only justification he has for a read, and similar to his read on me, its all talk of 'feelings' an nothing more, just vague assertions, the kind of thing where its super easy to say stuff about people because you can say any post
feels
a certain way, but i dont get the sense corwinoid has any deeper thoughts about the game

and i want to remind you that corwinoid led off the game with this:
In post 529, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 388, scamper wrote:
In post 310, Corwinoid wrote:Hi Alex, hi Bella.

Bella 100% town because she's always town.

I'm caught up on the game but I don't have a lot to add right now, I've stayed up late to get the replacement sorted and I'm going to bed.

Hard town reading Crescent this game though.
so ur caught up and ur only reads are that bella and crescent are town?
Crescent's my only real read. Bella's just always town.

And yeah, when I replace in there's a honeymoon period were I don't really have reads until I start interacting with people and get an actual feel for them.
corwinoid has 27 posts now. he has made barely any attempts to interact with people in a meaningful way. a bunch of his posts jus now were complaining about having to catch up, but in tat time he was catching up he produced almost nothing of note - no observations, no reads, hardly any questions even

so i have to ask - if he gets his reads via interaction, why is he making virtually no attempt to realtime with people or interact in a substantive manner? where is the evidence corwinoid is thinking about the game at all, trying to form some meaninful picture of it? i can't see any.

what he *has* produced are self-aware posts like this:
In post 721, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 705, Crescent wrote:He never makes an argument against either, but what's in his ISO concerning Corwin is glaring. He highlights Corwin three separate times.
I mean, TBF I've been low activity so far since I replaced and on the defensive since the VLA comment. I don't think Alex is entirely out of line here. OTOH my D1 play seems to be consistently crap so I'm kind of getting use to it at this point.
In post 979, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 978, marcistar wrote:yall im sorry ill stop talking if it makes things easier
No, it's fine really. Some of my personal frustration with Crescent boiling over. I'd rather have people more active than not, it's just frustrating when that activity is mostly overnight for me and then I get shit on for not being immediately caught up.
and i feel like posts like these are notable because theyre very self-aware, theyre talking about how hes struggling, promising to get into the game, but now, itll be later

and i think this type of posting comes from scum more often than not because scum tend to be very self-conscious about their own scumminess, and its notable that corwinoid is doing all this stuff instaed of just...making actual reads, which i would expect from a town

and i was curious so i went and did some research and looked at corwinoids recent newbie game as scum, and i found these posts:

Spoiler:
In post 537, Corwinoid wrote:So I usually don't like giving blanket reads on everyone, I don't think it's as useful as some people think, and usually just fluff. Since I'm replacing in I'll post my first thoughts on everyone after the hockey game. Somnus though feels pretty obvtown to me, and I'm not sure why anybody is voting him right now (If my internal count is right, I could be off with the recent stuff between getting the replacement set up and actually getting in the thread)
In post 570, Corwinoid wrote:I'm through about the first 12 pages of my re-read, but I have a sleeping disorder where I won't get much sleep for a few nights/weeks and then crash pretty hard and oversleep, and right now I'm recovering from the oversleeping thing so I need to get some rest. I've said all I have to say for right now, and I'll hit this with fresh eyes in a few hours.
In post 731, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 727, Cheapside wrote:and we haven't even heard from one player.
I'm trying, I swear, it's not easy especially with one particular player just shit posting and quoting the exact things other people have said muddying things up and making it harder to wade through, follow context, and put it together with isos minus the crap.

So far I have solid TRs on Somnus and you, despite the low post count I've appreciated the quality. I don't know how to read Bella, but she doesn't seem scummy. I'm unsure on Rad, WD, and Spartan. Slight scum vibe from BBT. I just want Vasex gone; I think he's been completely anti-town and disruptive and it's really hard to think we're just not better off without him--I might be tunneling, but it's genuinely making it harder to read everyone else.

and these feel exactly like the posts hes making this game, where he keeps making excuses for being behind rather than playing the game, and complaining about how spam is making it hard for him to catch up. i think what hes doing here is more or less identical to that game
This feels quite compelling
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1040, Crescent wrote:
The primary issue I have with him is it feels like his votes have felt opportunistic.

He's gone after the three lowest posters, and now he puts a tack on vote on Marci after calling her town twice.

His vote Bella pops it at #313. He made no attempt to justify this until several posts later at #362, which is after other people had voted for Alex. He then overreacted to my scrutiny of his vote. Later he comes up with a lazy stance of "let's just do Corwin or Johnny" at #644 with a vote on Johnny at #794.

He calls Marci town in #352 and in #790 (right before he votes Johnny), then votes Marci in #832 in a not-great post.
This isn’t the sort of response I had in mind
In your eyes, so you feel like Alex’s casual nature early on is easily replicable as scum?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1022, Crescent wrote:So apparently it wasn't restated, so I looked it up. I disagree with the "chill" feeling because he was overreactive/overdefensive to the scrutiny his Bella vote put him under. He later goes after Corwin and Johnny just for existing - Overall he targets the three lowest posters in the game that weren't VLA, and seemingly easy targets to park votes on without much need for justification. When Marci's train gains steam again, he goes from two instances of calling her town (One of which was recent), to saying he's on board and voting her.

I get more "opportunist" vibes.
Oh okay
Still want the last question I asked answered but I’ll factor this in too
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1039, Gamma Emerald wrote:
wdym “contrived examples”?
This question cannot be answered at this present time.

But anyway, it's the fact that he found that worth focusing on at all that bothers me. It's a question that doesn't need to be asked from a player who's whining about other people "fluff posting". It felt counter-intuitive.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1029, Save The Dragons wrote:corwinoid practically TMIing scamper as town and screaming how they're caught for the wrong reasons
This also feels agreeable
<Embrace The Void>

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:24 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote count 1.10

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-12 12:00:00).

yeet
Corwinoid[3]:
Scamper, Save the Dragons, Datisi
Marcistar[2]:
Ausuka, Alexcellent
Alexcellent[2]:
Roden, JohnnyFarrar
Datisi[1]:
Marcistar
Scamper[1]:
Corwinoid

Not Voting[4]:
Crescent, Bellaphant, Gamma Emerald, Freedom,

mod note
Bellaphant is VLA until Monday
Alexcellent is VLA Tuesday - Thursday

FlavorImage
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1042, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1040, Crescent wrote:

This isn’t the sort of response I had in mind
In your eyes, so you feel like Alex’s casual nature early on is easily replicable as scum?
I wouldn't say "easily", but I would also say that "casualness" cracked a bit after he got pressure for the Bella vote.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: corwinoid
I’m down for this
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1045, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1029, Save The Dragons wrote:corwinoid practically TMIing scamper as town and screaming how they're caught for the wrong reasons
This also feels agreeable
What's most glaring of it all is that Corwin was already calling Scamper scum. Why go berserk from what was effectively a countervote?

And yeah that wasn't fake Scamper isn't scum if Corwin flips red.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”