staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 1871, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1748, staypositivefriend wrote:the downside of this train of thought is that by townreading the people who are hardpushing on me and wolfreading the people who are avoiding pushing on me im probably making it even more likely that im gonna die today anyway

but i dont really care about self-preservation at this point tbh
this is what you literally said

now you're saying you won't vote arete cuz self-pres

like you can't even keep your story straight anymore
i mean u just quoted a post where i acknowledged that pushing on arete would make me be likely to die. me dying today would be very bad for the game. do u expect me to roll over and be suicidal and push on arete knowing that it would result in my death like 90% of the time?

i can admit to being slightly hyperbolic when i said "i dont care about self preservation at this point" bcuz i said it out of frustration
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1873, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1870, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1863, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1862, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1853, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1850, Arete Lastname wrote:also I'm clear of being partnered with SPF because I'm incapable of having nuanced or thoughtful progressions on my scum partners
she literally just said she does insane scum theatre with her partners
the difference is that SPF is good at playing scum so her interactions with me don't clear us from being partners but I'm bad at playing scum so my interactions with her do clear us from being partners

which therefore transitively wraps around to meaning neither of us can be with the other
why r u even trying to convince me that you/spf r not s/s if you are town
I'm worried about a world where you're town and you're like 'well SPF and Arete are partners so it doesn't matter which one we go for first' and vote me and scum!SPF + her actual partner + someone else all get together to hammer me because it "doesn't matter"
is SPF 100% wolf to you yes or no?
no
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm fine with letting Catboi make the decision between you/arete.

I suspect you're both scum and it won't even matter which one he chooses but I'm going to let him get the hero move.

You two both deciding not to vote each other despite more or less having knowledge that the other is 100% conf-scum is just LOL mindbending stuff.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:59 pm

the ironic part is that anyone who is even slightly familiar with my meta should know that im way out of my wolfrange at this point lol
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

I am really very straightforward if I thought she was 100 percent definitely lock wolf and there was no chance I was just wrong on someone else in the townblock I would say "I think SPF is lock wolf, we should always kill her because she is definitely a wolf"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:59 pm

ok give me a world where spf/you/me are all town.

what r the alignments of the other 5 players
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:00 pm

ive been rusty as hell as mafia lately and quite literally got chopped on d1 of the most recent wolfgame i played because i could not convincingly towntell. bluekang can verify this. i doubt i could post this fluidly and authentically as a wolf in this scenario
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:00 pm

In post 1878, staypositivefriend wrote:the ironic part is that anyone who is even slightly familiar with my meta should know that im way out of my wolfrange at this point lol
you have nothing to worry about if that's true because I'm sure catboi will save you from me then.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:01 pm

In post 1874, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1864, staypositivefriend wrote:arete is 100% not bad at playing scum lol, them lying about their scum meta is proly the wolfiest thing theyve said so far
you were
in
Poisoner SPF

like that is
the game
that makes people reluctant to clear me but if you actually look at my posts that game I basically outed myself day 1 and lived to endgame by virtue of my partners just throwing themselves on grenades by not playing

and I had pretty terrible progressions on literally all of them, which was what I was talking about in that post
that's not how i remember it tbh - i had trouble finding you as a wolf in that game based on the strength of your own posting and not just based on the fact that ur partners were wolfier than u. u definitely looked towny in that game and it was a struggle for me to find you

im not sure if ive seen you wolf outside of that game, but based solely on that experience, you are a very competent wolf at bare minimum
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:02 pm

In post 1882, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1878, staypositivefriend wrote:the ironic part is that anyone who is even slightly familiar with my meta should know that im way out of my wolfrange at this point lol
you have nothing to worry about if that's true because I'm sure catboi will save you from me then.
idk if he is very familiar with how to metaread me either but he probably has a better chance at finding me as town than you do i guess

no offense
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1880, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
ok give me a world where spf/you/me are all town.

what r the alignments of the other 5 players
it's like

STD/Catbae mafia + Penguin/NotMaf wolf and Catbae's play yesterday is really ?????? but Ydrasse's actually makes more sense, if the reason she didn't claim is because it would just make Catbae go over instead

or it's STD/Penguin mafia + NotMaf/Catbae wolf and ... Catbae's gone after practically everyone this game except Not_Mafia, the only confusing thing in this world is wtf NotMafia was doing yesterday, in that world probably it was always intended as temporary distancing and NotMaf was planning on switching to Ydrasse (as they indeed did)

or it's you but I acknowledge this will not be very convincing to you regardless of alignment

don't think it's ever Braddra

I don't think any of these worlds are
likely
, I think the easiest answer is 'it's just SPF,' but I don't think it's 100% so I'm not going to say it's 100%
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:06 pm

In post 1877, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm fine with letting Catboi make the decision between you/arete.

I suspect you're both scum and it won't even matter which one he chooses but I'm going to let him get the hero move.

You two both deciding not to vote each other despite more or less having knowledge that the other is 100% conf-scum is just LOL mindbending stuff.
yah i wonder why the widely scumread person at L-2 who is the designated mischop for the day would focus on trying to get the easier wolf killed instead of thunderdoming the wolf that people widely townread, it's really a head-scratcher, an absolute mystery
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1883, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1874, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1864, staypositivefriend wrote:arete is 100% not bad at playing scum lol, them lying about their scum meta is proly the wolfiest thing theyve said so far
you were
in
Poisoner SPF

like that is
the game
that makes people reluctant to clear me but if you actually look at my posts that game I basically outed myself day 1 and lived to endgame by virtue of my partners just throwing themselves on grenades by not playing

and I had pretty terrible progressions on literally all of them, which was what I was talking about in that post
that's not how i remember it tbh - i had trouble finding you as a wolf in that game based on the strength of your own posting and not just based on the fact that ur partners were wolfier than u. u definitely looked towny in that game and it was a struggle for me to find you

im not sure if ive seen you wolf outside of that game, but based solely on that experience, you are a very competent wolf at bare minimum
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/mo ... rget=Arete

I legit almost got vigged n1 before Mist decided to go for the slanker town instead

or you can just search up spec chat for everything I've ever said about my scumgame lol
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:07 pm

Catboi Mafia is literally incomprehensible to me.

It would mean he decided to fight me tooth and nail with AtE that makes him look very town in order to escape a yeet and bus his own teammate which literally gets him
nowhere
in terms of fulfilling his win condition.

Catboi does not put himself through that kind of suffering just to end up in the same spot as if I had yeeted him because like that's not useful in any way.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:09 pm

In post 1886, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1877, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm fine with letting Catboi make the decision between you/arete.

yah i wonder why the widely scumread person at L-2 who is the designated mischop for the day would focus on trying to get the easier wolf killed instead of thunderdoming the wolf that people widely townread, it's really a head-scratcher, an absolute mystery
where do you even get 5 votes for you?

You say anyone familiar with your meta would know you are town.

Catboi should be familiar with your meta, certainly more so than me.

So if Catboi townreads you, I'll sheep him, Brad thinks you're locktown because you're a female and you won't vote for yourself.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:11 pm

In post 1889, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1886, staypositivefriend wrote:

where do you even get 5 votes for you?

You say anyone familiar with your meta would know you are town.

Catboi should be familiar with your meta, certainly more so than me.

So if Catboi townreads you, I'll sheep him, Brad thinks you're locktown because you're a female and you won't vote for yourself.
i don't understand the question you're asking, but the only people familiar with my meta in this game are brad, catboi, and arete (and abomination, but they're dead now). brad actually has a pretty good track record at reading me correctly. catboi has not played many games with me as of late and likely is not very familiar with the differences between my town meta and my wolf meta, even though they are quite distinct. i also do not think arete is particularly knowledgeable about how to read me by meta, and i think they're likely a wolf who wouldn't be honest even if they knew i was town anyway

so yah, i am obviously town to anyone who knows how to metaread me, but there's probably only one person here who actually knows how to
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1888, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Catboi Mafia is literally incomprehensible to me.

It would mean he decided to fight me tooth and nail with AtE that makes him look very town in order to escape a yeet and bus his own teammate which literally gets him
nowhere
in terms of fulfilling his win condition.

Catboi does not put himself through that kind of suffering just to end up in the same spot as if I had yeeted him because like that's not useful in any way.
I don't think it's a likely world

it's really only a world I can see if I close my eyes and think about games I've lost and how like half of them were games where I went 'well it would be really stupid for evils to bus here, so all the people who voted the evil are clear' and then it turns out that evils were just stupid

like I said I think the easy world is the one where it's just SPF
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:15 pm

your excuse for why you won't vote Arete is that you won't do it because of self-preservation.

I am laying out that according to you, anyone even slightly familiar with your meta would know you are town here.

I assume Catboi fits under "slightly familiar"

So if Catboi townreads you, I'm commited to sheeping catboi and Brad won't vote for you and you won't vote for yourself - you literally have nothing to worry about in terms of getting yeeted for voting for Arete.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 pm

In post 1892, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:your excuse for why you won't vote Arete is that you won't do it because of self-preservation.

I am laying out that according to you, anyone even slightly familiar with your meta would know you are town here.

I assume Catboi fits under "slightly familiar"

So if Catboi townreads you, I'm commited to sheeping catboi and Brad won't vote for you and you won't vote for yourself - you literally have nothing to worry about in terms of getting yeeted for voting for Arete.
no, because like i just mentioned, i have only played a few games with catboi recently and i do not think they are particularly good at metareading me or identifying the differences between my town game and my wolf game. he could prove me wrong, though
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 pm

It feels to me like both of you understand these three facts about this game:

[A] The Wolves want to yeet Mafia

The Mafia are likely inside [STD, NM, PP]

[C] SabiHydra + Catboi are likely town

[D] The other person in your pair is probably a Wolf.

yet you both have come up with the most ridiculous logic to not want to vote for each other.

I suspect this is because you are wolves together.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:18 pm

wow I can't count that's four facts

I even lettered them and everything.

It must be late I should go to sleep.

I am fine with yeeting either of these two atp.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:18 pm

but I will still sheep Catboi cuz dude is DUE for a hero town game
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

VOTE: staypositivefriend

I noticed that I was feeling tempted not to vote for SPF because I was annoyed you were trying to pair us together and the last like five times I've felt that way the other person was evil and I was being a dumbass so

also this is E-1 so please no one hammer
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:21 pm

In post 1894, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It feels to me like both of you understand these three facts about this game:

[A] The Wolves want to yeet Mafia

The Mafia are likely inside [STD, NM, PP]

[C] SabiHydra + Catboi are likely town

[D] The other person in your pair is probably a Wolf.

yet you both have come up with the most ridiculous logic to not want to vote for each other.

I suspect this is because you are wolves together.
or:

A. there is confirmed to be at least one wolf within NM/PP, since STD is likely to be mafia off of spew

B. finding and killing the wolf within NM/PP gives me a higher chance of surviving and forces arete to choose if they want to bus their partner or not

C. i am still willing to vote arete if it comes down to it, i am just capable of doing basic gamestate analysis and know what the optimal thing to do for my survival is

idk dude it's really not that hard to understand as much as you stubbornly act like im saying something insane
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:21 pm

that said i feel pretty fucking stupid for even bothering to advocate for chopping btwn nm/penguin when arete is just gonna push on me anyway since theyre a wolf lol

Return to “Completed Open Games”