She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:48 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1820, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1818, Andante wrote:
In post 1816, Aristeia wrote:I am pretty bad at catching people who bus tbh >___>
why? Penguin wasn't even a hard scum member to bus... he was doing nothing, town was calling him on it, it's not really hard to go "yeah maf would be fine bussing in that situation"
this isn't even about "having to catch someone who bussed" maf really couldn't just defend Penguin unless Penguin was going to really change how he played, which isn't very likely for anyone..
I mean you literally hard defended penguin
for posting a funny gif
so why can't a mafia player also hard defend penguin and decide to vote someone else?
yeah? and? I'm town so I'm not really sure what to say here, like you have the standard speech of "scum care more about how they're perceived" but like, me saying it won't mean a thing. I have no regrets hard defending penguin, he brought the entertainment, now this is just... meh... like, yall are refusing to lim mala, mala isn't doing anything, so whatever, but uuhhh we're not limming george into me, that's a dumb plan tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1823, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1817, Datisi wrote:the issue is i don't see anything townie? what do you consider townie from him
I thought the way he flipped out at Andante making a joke about Ocho was kind of townie - he seemed pretty upset by that and I associate him being angry about silly things to be a townie trait.
scum don't get angry when stuff isn't going their way?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1825, Andante wrote:we're not limming george into me
??????????????????????????

andante please read posts in full before responding to them i am begging you
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Datisi »

i think "person getting angry at a joke they missed" is more likely to be coming from scum than town, but i don't actually know gamma well enough to say specifically
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1822, Aristeia wrote:like if Andante/George are both town and both defending penguin for p bad reasons, I don't see why scum would decide oh I'm going to bus rather than help swing the wagon towards someone else and maybe get a misyeet off?

scum need misyeets to win and the best way to get misyeets is to deny information to the town by running up people who are not scum.
Datisi, how is this NOT implying Ari wants me and George dead? "If X and Y are town, this doesn't make sense" literally sounds like Ari plans on flipping us both before looking for maf elsewhere
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1825, Andante wrote:yall are refusing to lim mala
i think the only person who has expressed not being interested in limming mala is std. me and implo voting george both want mala dead as well, p sure ari wants mala, dunno what hut and s_s want
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1830, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1825, Andante wrote:yall are refusing to lim mala
i think the only person who has expressed not being interested in limming mala is std. me and implo voting george both want mala dead as well, p sure ari wants mala, dunno what hut and s_s want
I see 2 votes and momentum shifting towards George. that doesn't scream "people are wanting to vote mala"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1829, Andante wrote:
In post 1822, Aristeia wrote:like if Andante/George are both town and both defending penguin for p bad reasons, I don't see why scum would decide oh I'm going to bus rather than help swing the wagon towards someone else and maybe get a misyeet off?

scum need misyeets to win and the best way to get misyeets is to deny information to the town by running up people who are not scum.
Datisi, how is this NOT implying Ari wants me and George dead? "If X and Y are town, this doesn't make sense" literally sounds like Ari plans on flipping us both before looking for maf elsewhere
the post wasn't about you at all it was her reasoning about why scum aren't likely to bus

nothing about it was suggesting to lim you
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Datisi »

andante, ari has been talking about scum probably not bussing for like 3 years now
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: malakittens

maybe this will be a good motivator to get her to talk??

ftr i'm really sus of gamma and would like her to present updated reads or whatever she thinks about this game ig
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1833, Datisi wrote:andante, ari has been talking about scum probably not bussing for like 3 years now
hmmm.. wait that makes me scum then? cause I didn't end with my vote on penguin.. so yeah, ari is calling me maf?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1828, Datisi wrote:i think "person getting angry at a joke they missed" is more likely to be coming from scum than town, but i don't actually know gamma well enough to say specifically
Where did I do that?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1817, Datisi wrote:
In post 1816, Aristeia wrote:I don't really see anything that is scummy about gamma? he's done some townie things and I still feel p good about him; do you have an example of a game where he busses D1 ? I've always had a mental model of him preferring to vote the townie if presented with a choice of 1 scum 1 town and his vote matters.
the issue is i don't see anything townie? what do you consider townie from him

the only game i know of / can remember where gamma bussed day 1 was this: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=84622

but that game was a while ago (and i was barely reading it at the time lol), so it was not on my mind when i was going though gamma's iso wrt the penguin vote. the analysis i did on it is not meta related, anyway.
After PYP I think this “nothing townie/nothing scummy” talk is a bunch of hacky bullshit, get better material!

As for bussing D1, I would do it but never if I actually had my head on right. Both the game Datisi linked and the game that immediately came to my mind when the question of “does Gamma bus D1” came up were from the era of “Gamma just played the mother of all scum games and it fucked his mindset up”. I don’t consider myself good at playing the long game as scum. At best, I try to reserve bussing to later so the cred I get from it can last into later stages of the game. My experience with bussing both when I and others have done it has informed me all bussing towncred has an expiration date so it has to actually count.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1828, Datisi wrote:i think "person getting angry at a joke they missed" is more likely to be coming from scum than town, but i don't actually know gamma well enough to say specifically
I dunno I just think Town!gamma is more likely to get upset than Scum!gamma
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1826, Andante wrote:scum don't get angry when stuff isn't going their way?
I don't understand what Gamma getting upset at a joke has to do with this
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Scum get upset at certain things.

I usually look at the motivation for getting upset and whether it makes more sense for one alignment or another alignment.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1835, Andante wrote:
In post 1833, Datisi wrote:andante, ari has been talking about scum probably not bussing for like 3 years now
hmmm.. wait that makes me scum then? cause I didn't end with my vote on penguin.. so yeah, ari is calling me maf?

I think it'd be easier if you read from the beginning of the conversation to get the context of what I'm talking about with Dats is.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by catboi »

Replacing GeorgeBailey.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1840, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1826, Andante wrote:scum don't get angry when stuff isn't going their way?
I don't understand what Gamma getting upset at a joke has to do with this
I do recall getting upset at Andante’s jokey attitude but I don’t believe I
missed
any jokes here
<Embrace The Void>

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Aristeia »

& are jokes I believe.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like the sequence 703->704->705->706 is what I mean for my gamma read of "being serious and overreacting to a joke"

one thing I remember from the first game I played with Dats; he caught Iconeum off this tell very early - Dats made a very funny joke shitpost push against Ico and Ico overreacted to it and treated it as a
serious
post - in Ico's mind the push from Dats was serious because Ico was scum and he was worried he had been caught and the wallpost was a serious push instead of a joke the slip is a mindset slip - Ico let his mindset dictate his reaction to Dats, his mindset was that of a scum trying to hide, so the joke wallpost looked like a serious attack to be dealt with seriously.

This doesn't apply here
because
think of the mindset Gamma has to be in to treat Andante's jokey shitpost answer to his case as a "scum misrep" and overreact to it. His mindset is not that of a scum making up some fake case on a townie and pushing her - it's one of a townie who thinks his case against andante is good and she is misrepping it because she is scum - it would explain the overreaction to the joke response Andante puts out to him - he's furious that she's making a mockery of his serious case vs her and misrepping him. the mindset just feels like one of a townie who has had it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm quickly entering a similar limbo to yesterday where I have very little I'm interested in talking about until Mala answers my questions or refuses to, and GeorgeBailey's slot gets replaced. PYP was a good reminder that sometimes the easy answer is just the correct answer.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Datisi »

i mean, i know there's differences between gamma here and ico in that game, but i'm not comparing them. also, i have definitely felt angry as scum when i saw people purposefully "misrepping" and/or making a mockery out of my argument. obviously i know gamma is not me, but saying that the anger comes only from a town!perspective there is not quite it.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1834, Datisi wrote:ftr i'm really sus of gamma and
would like her to present updated reads or whatever she thinks about this game ig
@gamma emerald can you respond to the bolded pls
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”