Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Flavor

As Susan and Brian ignore Walt's request to look at birds in his book, a bird flies into the window and dies.

Vote Count 1.233 Frogsterking (JohnnyFarrar, Lukewarm, Galron)
3 BlueBloodedToffee (Dunnstral, PenguinPower, Klick)

2 The Toad (Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear)

1 Cephrir (Roden)
1 Bellaphant (Frogsterking)
1 Galron (The toad)
1 Dancing Puppets (Malakittens)
1 Bell (T-Bone)
1 Cytosine and Guanine (Bell)
1 PookyTheMagicalBear (Dwlee99)
1 Dunnstral (BlueBloodedToffee)
1 PenguinPower (Enchant)
1 Roden (MalcolmTucker)

Not Voting (Taly, Mathblade, Cytosine and Guanine, Off the Hook, Bellaphant, Dancing Puppets, Cephrir, Rad)

With 26 alive, it takes 14 to yeet.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-07-18 12:42:51)

Mod NotesMathblade Replaces Corwinoid
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

excuse me while i get out my chainsaw
In post 2229, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2224, Roden wrote:
In post 2220, The toad wrote: And again you should know I'm not the kind of player who can only lurk as scum and can't look town. What's up with that?
What do you mean? Have we played together before?

I don't really get what you mean by "my treatment of you" either, I just think your posts have been scummy. I don't really have any questions I want to ask you, and I'm not particularly interested in casing you, I preferred Frog and now Ceph over you and I can just get to you on a day I consider you a higher priority. It's the same reason I'm not going after C&G atm even though I scum read them and have a case set aside in my drafts. I don't want to juggle multiple cases on Day 1 when it's already overwhelming enough to keep up with everything else in the game. :neutral:

I am interested in how you react to my scum read though, that's basically my way of sorting you in the meantime. Because as it is now, you didn't really have an opinion on me at all until you were asked to. I think you had me at Null for Pooky's read list request, which implies that my read on you didn't factor much into your own reads for the longest time.
Not too keen on this post. I've been suspicious of Toad at times but I think they asked you some fairly reasonable questions and this feels like an evasive response - why would you not be interested in potentially casing or questioning someone who you think is mafia? If you think Toad is scum, then you've got a perfect chance here to explore that idea further, especially when it appears to be a thought you've had pretty consistently.
Is there some question other than the quoted one that's being evaded here? It looks answered enough to me. This post feels to me like the conclusion ("I'm going to attack Roden now") came before the substance... Roden can be interested in whatever he damn well feels like
In post 2265, MalcolmTucker wrote:VOTE: Roden

Feeling alright about Roden as possible scum at the moment.

Looking back and their reads list feels quite weak - the town section is quite generic with the exception of maybe Gaston. They have three SRs, one of whom is Toad, who their case against seems pretty weak, with C&G being another, again a SR that doesn't say much given their posting restriction.

While I'm reluctant to go too heavily on associatives early on I think Roden/Galron is a possible team - Roden's defence of Galron when they came under pressure didn't do much for me and felt like the type of early defence a scum teammate could easily make for their buddy.
the first sentence of this is unnecessary/stilted

looking back at his readlist to find something to criticize -- which is *obviously* what happened here -- is weak ass shit. if it wasn't coming from putting the cart before the horse, you should've had a bigger problem with the list that had only galron in the scum region (i don't remember who posted this)
the criticism of a c&g scumread to me seems to come from someone who is not critically thinking about roden's posts -- roden JUST said they have a C&G case in their drafts, so why not ask to see it before going on the attack over that read being poor?

this isn't really relevant to my point but unflipped associatives are a waste of time and mainly have the effect of looking busy

VOTE: Malcolm
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:05 am

Mathblade replaces Corwinoid
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

Oh darn my confirmed town mason buddy is gone
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

Hi. This is a lot of pages. Any suggestions on where to start? I will start skimming VCs but places I could target read late tonight after gaming with my sister would help.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:10 am

Replacing Galron
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

That’s…a thing. FoS on Galron’s replacement

When Galron is quiet it’s usually a scum tell for him and he’s in the bottom half of post count.

I will ISO him later and see if it is all naked or if it has content.

If his ISO has content it’s not a scum lock but if no content Yeet please.

I’d normally vote Galron here but I have a rule of letting people play first.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:21 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2148, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Frog, vote Penguin?
Does scum who is reading the thread push this? Like read a room
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:24 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2162, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2146, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: Johnny

VOTE: Bellaphant

[Bellaphant, ?, ?, ?, ?]
Why? do you think bella is pocketing me with their latest post?
Objection your honor leading the witness
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:26 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2179, Roden wrote:BBT do you really think your wagon happened because of your naked votes or is that just a meme
This is good question
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2308, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2162, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2146, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: Johnny

VOTE: Bellaphant

[Bellaphant, ?, ?, ?, ?]
Why? do you think bella is pocketing me with their latest post?
Objection your honor leading the witness
Are you trying to pocket Titus?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

Okay Galron has content so NAI for that slot
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2170, Klick wrote:
In post 2161, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:corwin seems really town to me
Interested in hearing more about this

I'd talk more but got to go now, bye all <3 <3
I think his frustration with his inability to read BBT is real

Spoiler:
In post 2159, Corwinoid wrote:
BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Right.

But you haven't answered my inital question of you reading me correctly in the Newbie and so why am I suddenly difficult to read?
Luck? You playing like ass early D1 in that game? Me being tired of getting burnt on crap reads that elim players I'd rather play with or lose games? Experience now knowing that you buddying/distancing people isn't as AI for you as I thought it was before I knew you?

I dunno man, I feel a lot less committal and eager in the space I'm in these days.

Also:
In post 2080, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I was townreading Corwin - I think that he genuinely believes in , and looks like a fairly complex thought even if I disagree with its conclusions.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1763, Corwinoid wrote:It concerns me, though, that Frog conveniently forgot about mala who's been both low activity and low content when she is posting. It annoyed the hell out of me that people were up my ass for dealing with life issues, when mala's getting a pass with posts like
In post 758, Malakittens wrote:why is there 31 pages
-.-
Actually that he's looking at every *other* low activity player is bothersome.

I like this post a lot. Was this ever explained?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:43 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

This Bluey temper tantrum reads as real. Prolly don't wanna vote them either
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2294, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 1488, Bellaphant wrote:Hey @luke, why am I red for you? Can you come chat to me, I felt like we could have similar thoughts before (even when you were scum!) Some questions from you might help clarify my thinking overall.
I think this got missed too
Yeah sorry, I saw that post when I was was reading through on my phone, and forgot to come back to it when I was at my computer.

It was little things that made me squint when I saw your posts, and very little that I saw coming from you that stood out as townie. But was never anything major to the point that I was really interested in pushing you over the other slots I was more focused on at any given time.

I squinted at 427. Klick had put out a list of 7 town reads. You did not agree with 4 of them.

But the final line of that post was "The rest are town thoiugh, hard agree."

Like, it felt like it was framed such that you were mostly agreeing with Klick, while in context you were questioning more reads then you were agreeing with.

Felt off, and like you were not really being critical of klick reads despite it being one of the first substantive things I saw you comment on

I hated the "giving Roden a pass for today for his spoiler" line. (This was actually a pretty big one that stood out to me tbh)

I thought that your interaction with Frog in 466 and 467 was weird.

I actually liked your recent interaction with BBT though
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:45 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2301, Cephrir wrote:excuse me while i get out my chainsaw
In post 2229, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2224, Roden wrote:
In post 2220, The toad wrote: And again you should know I'm not the kind of player who can only lurk as scum and can't look town. What's up with that?
What do you mean? Have we played together before?

I don't really get what you mean by "my treatment of you" either, I just think your posts have been scummy. I don't really have any questions I want to ask you, and I'm not particularly interested in casing you, I preferred Frog and now Ceph over you and I can just get to you on a day I consider you a higher priority. It's the same reason I'm not going after C&G atm even though I scum read them and have a case set aside in my drafts. I don't want to juggle multiple cases on Day 1 when it's already overwhelming enough to keep up with everything else in the game. :neutral:

I am interested in how you react to my scum read though, that's basically my way of sorting you in the meantime. Because as it is now, you didn't really have an opinion on me at all until you were asked to. I think you had me at Null for Pooky's read list request, which implies that my read on you didn't factor much into your own reads for the longest time.
Not too keen on this post. I've been suspicious of Toad at times but I think they asked you some fairly reasonable questions and this feels like an evasive response - why would you not be interested in potentially casing or questioning someone who you think is mafia? If you think Toad is scum, then you've got a perfect chance here to explore that idea further, especially when it appears to be a thought you've had pretty consistently.
Is there some question other than the quoted one that's being evaded here?
It looks answered enough to me. This post feels to me like the conclusion ("I'm going to attack Roden now") came before the substance... Roden can be interested in whatever he damn well feels like
In post 2265, MalcolmTucker wrote:VOTE: Roden

Feeling alright about Roden as possible scum at the moment.

Looking back and their reads list feels quite weak - the town section is quite generic with the exception of maybe Gaston. They have three SRs, one of whom is Toad, who their case against seems pretty weak, with C&G being another, again a SR that doesn't say much given their posting restriction.

While I'm reluctant to go too heavily on associatives early on I think Roden/Galron is a possible team - Roden's defence of Galron when they came under pressure didn't do much for me and felt like the type of early defence a scum teammate could easily make for their buddy.
the first sentence of this is unnecessary/stilted

looking back at his readlist to find something to criticize -- which is *obviously* what happened here -- is weak ass shit. if it wasn't coming from putting the cart before the horse, you should've had a bigger problem with the list that had only galron in the scum region (i don't remember who posted this)
the criticism of a c&g scumread to me seems to come from someone who is not critically thinking about roden's posts -- roden JUST said they have a C&G case in their drafts, so why not ask to see it before going on the attack over that read being poor?

this isn't really relevant to my point but unflipped associatives are a waste of time and mainly have the effect of looking busy

VOTE: Malcolm
Toad asks why Roden is scumreading them - my point was that I found the SR to be weak. Roden doesn't have that many SRs and yet when given the opportunity to do so they don't seem particularly interested in pushing Toad further or questioning the slot, which town would surely want to do if they are admitting their read is based on little more than a gut-feeling.

My suspicion on Roden wasn't necessarily new either - I'd included them in my list of possible scum beforehand and wasn't feeling great about the slot. This post solidified that read and moved me from unsure but suspicious to believing there's a decent chance the slot could be scum.

On the person who only had one scum in their list - it's a 26-player game and I can't recall spotting that. Happy to critique it though. However, my contention with Roden wasn't that they lacked enough SRs - it's that the one they have been most committed to appears to be quite weak and only still exists for the sake of it. I'm happy to read their case of C&G but will be naturally sceptical of a full casing for a player with a restriction that lets them type less words than many of us will have in an individual post.
The toad
The toad
Goon
The toad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:45 am

Post by The toad »

Didn't you call me like uncomfortably self aware for basically the exact thing
The toad
The toad
Goon
The toad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:46 am

Post by The toad »

Oh I think Cephrir is towny for that though to be clear, hypocrisy is probably a towntell for someone experienced like that
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:46 am

In post 2246, T-Bone wrote:Wow, what an odd conclusion to jump to. I can't quite describe my feeling...but it's like when you see a player post something and you feel they have a guilty mind about it.
Is it? It's the only post Bella made since Frogster last posted

I thought it was a weird post at the time. I didn't think Bella was townreading me so much, nor was I really being pressured so it was an interesting thing to feel compelled to comment on.

And I didn't think my was particularly deep - I was just responding to posts where people @'d me - but I see further down that she feels differently, and her explanation makes more sense to me
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:48 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2318, The toad wrote:Oh I think Cephrir is towny for that though to be clear, hypocrisy is probably a towntell for someone experienced like that
Given Cephir/Roden had a bit of a spat yesterday as well if I remember correctly, I'm not sure scum Cephir would be hitting out at other players suspecting Roden. If they were scum and Roden was town they'd surely want to ride that out.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2317, The toad wrote:
Didn't you call me like uncomfortably self aware for basically the exact thing
it's possible that this is your personality; it is certainly mine, i was reading yours in an awkward way but :shrug:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:58 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

is top notch from Roden, moving them up to town

I also really like Toads reaction??
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:00 am

In post 2277, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 2276, The toad wrote:Bella I don't know what you thought I was saying in our discussion but the intention was not to shade you at all, I was trying to read roden
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89510&user_select%5B%5D=35800

Not a strong read but I think Toad feels somewhat different here? Like I was pretty confident on Gamma!scum after I replaced out than Toad reps in and suddenly everyone is hard tr that slot.
I kind of agree - tonally it feels different when toad sets out to scumread someone. Wish they had a town game to compare
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:01 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2246, T-Bone wrote:Wow, what an odd conclusion to jump to. I can't quite describe my feeling...but it's like when you see a player post something and you feel they have a guilty mind about it.
+1

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”