BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:01 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Mine?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:02 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Ugh how did I miss that
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2312, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Also:
In post 2080, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I was townreading Corwin - I think that he genuinely believes in , and looks like a fairly complex thought even if I disagree with its conclusions.
Neither of these posts make me feel like the slot is more likely town.

1742 - I am not sure what makes this complex? The concrete points made are
:Reads lists bad.
:Maybe pocketing Bell??

The reads list one is super vague, does not actually tell me which, if any, of the reads they had issue with -- and also ignores the fact that that was not just a random, unsoliceted reads list. That was a post made in direct response to this post from Johnny.
In post 1185, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1183, Taly wrote:ooooh, give me homework bb, my wallpost days are a bit behind me, me want conversation
Who are you familiar with here? I think you could give me some perspective on quite a few people
And the comment about Bell was basically "I feel better about Bell" which is some incredibly weak pocket attempting if that is what she was trying to do. (and ignores that if she wants to pocket bell, she has a whole PT in which to do it)

1763 - just reads to me as, "Mad that they got flack for being away when Mala was't" and I am unsure what makes that something that would bother town more the scum.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:12 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2289, Taly wrote:im curious, i came in with several slots cautious or scumreading me but you've taken to conversation very well, why?
Is this a question for me?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

@Taly
In post 2022, Taly wrote:nah im not feeling the johnny scumreads, largely because of how constructively they're discussing reads with me and mindmelding on a few takes so far. since the game is still relatively fresh it seems to be pure to me.
About your Johnny read, I found this and the tail end of

I don't know if pooky town is a hot take. Even with some people here clearly wary of their scumgame, they're still in the top 5 townreads

I saw the PoE stuff, and I was kind of interested to see where he landed with that. But I think you may be overremembering how much discussion you had with them? I didn't find that much beyond asking you to explain some TRs and crossing names off the list.

Looking at their recent posts, I like though I don't agree with it. Penguin is kind of an easy mislim when town, so I could see scum coming in to push them.

---

About Galron, it seems to be mostly a metaread and a TvT interaction with Rad. If you could quote some posts where they've done something that is outside their scumrange, that'd be helpful. My general feeling about their posting is in - another example is the "Challenge me" post that was just ??? random and other tonal stuff like that, and their thought process feels opaque to me.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2324, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2246, T-Bone wrote:Wow, what an odd conclusion to jump to. I can't quite describe my feeling...but it's like when you see a player post something and you feel they have a guilty mind about it.
+1
I don't actually think that that was a bad post from CSF. Here are the three posts, in a row, from a joint Frogster/Bella ISO around that time

Spoiler:
In post 1980, Frogsterking wrote:I'm going to go for a walk and get some fresh air so I can focus when I tackle and .

VOTE: Johnny
In post 1970, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1962, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1957, Frogsterking wrote:[spoi/ler=]
In post 928, JohnnyFarrar wrote:For the record I like a frog vote. Dude seems shady. Lemme look at a plist and I'll give you the ones who should live to d2

Also Corwin talked a bit about his problems elsewhere, they're real and we should give him space.
In post 958, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 942, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 934, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Cytosine and Guanine (Ircher and RH9)
T-Bone
Can you go into these reads some more, and talk about why you're voting Frogster?
Post restriction has me curious. Not necessarily a townread but I would like to, y'know,
play
with Irch and RH9

I like T-Bone, and I don't think scum T-Bone picks a fight with the post restricted hydra here

Frogger seems to be... fake? Like sometimes they'll post something and I'll think to myself "there's no way they actually believe this"
In post 963, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Stand BACK while I post my ROCK SOLID D1 case on Frogger everybody. It'll have quotes and everything
[/s/poiler]

Johnny is the above still the best you have?

Because what you wrote about your read on me is terrible.
In post 1959, T-Bone wrote:Wow fat fingers again, that was at Frogster
Do you think what Johnny wrote about his read on me is objectively terrible, or is it just me?
I mean I lean town on him so I think he's fine.

Trust me, I get the impulse when someone does something bad directed at you. It's something I fight all the time, not always successfully. I don't think you can objectively look at it since it's directed at you.
Yes and is bad even still. What caused Johnny's read to change, and if it did, why is he still voting me? I think scum!Johnny is too lazy to move his vote around, town!johnny moves his vote in if he hasn't done it already.
In post 2112, Bellaphant wrote:2080 is super town, tbone! What's your issue with cat.
?
In post 2146, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: Johnny

VOTE: Bellaphant

[Bellaphant, ?, ?, ?, ?]

One way to read that is to ask, "what about 2112 made frogster decide that Bella was scum"

So, I can see where that question came from from CSF.

IMO, Frog's vote moving had nothing to do with the 1 post from Bella and more to do with the 28 posts from Johnny in the same span of time, so CSF's question was misguided, but I can see how you get there.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2329, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Taly
In post 2022, Taly wrote:nah im not feeling the johnny scumreads, largely because of how constructively they're discussing reads with me and mindmelding on a few takes so far. since the game is still relatively fresh it seems to be pure to me.
About your Johnny read, I found this and the tail end of

I don't know if pooky town is a hot take. Even with some people here clearly wary of their scumgame, they're still in the top 5 townreads

I saw the PoE stuff, and I was kind of interested to see where he landed with that. But I think you may be overremembering how much discussion you had with them? I didn't find that much beyond asking you to explain some TRs and crossing names off the list.

Looking at their recent posts, I like though I don't agree with it. Penguin is kind of an easy mislim when town, so I could see scum coming in to push them.

---

About Galron, it seems to be mostly a metaread and a TvT interaction with Rad. If you could quote some posts where they've done something that is outside their scumrange, that'd be helpful. My general feeling about their posting is in - another example is the "Challenge me" post that was just ??? random and other tonal stuff like that, and their thought process feels opaque to me.
Posting any sort of content in general is outside their scumrange

Calculasia and a recent scum game with Titus demonstrates this.

I was just thinking panicking scum by the replace out but on looking at their ISO it has content so the replace out is NAI prolly.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2327, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2080, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I was townreading Corwin - I think that he genuinely believes in , and looks like a fairly complex thought even if I disagree with its conclusions.

The reads list one is super vague, does not actually tell me which, if any, of the reads they had issue with -- and also ignores the fact that that was not just a random, unsoliceted reads list. That was a post made in direct response to this post from Johnny.
In post 1185, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1183, Taly wrote:ooooh, give me homework bb, my wallpost days are a bit behind me, me want conversation
Who are you familiar with here? I think you could give me some perspective on quite a few people
And the comment about Bell was basically "I feel better about Bell" which is some incredibly weak pocket attempting if that is what she was trying to do. (and ignores that if she wants to pocket bell, she has a whole PT in which to do it)

1763 - just reads to me as, "Mad that they got flack for being away when Mala was't" and I am unsure what makes that something that would bother town more the scum.
I find it odd more people are commenting on 1763 than the original contradictor to explain it and a good chunk of the game is ignoring the question of where to look.

This is a good indication that people either need to slow down or scum are intentionally making the game too fast.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:22 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2304, MathBlade wrote:Hi. This is a lot of pages. Any suggestions on where to start? I will start skimming VCs but places I could target read late tonight after gaming with my sister would help.
Pooky's ISO will introduce you to the real main character of this game: spreadsheets
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Bell »

Scum are almost certainly not spamming intentionally because the current top 4 are all usually hyperactive and have the most posts in their respective games.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:25 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2306, MathBlade wrote:he’s in the bottom half of post count
Keep in mind this game has only been going for like 3 days, we're just chatty bitches
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2332, MathBlade wrote:I find it odd more people are commenting on 1763 than the original contradictor to explain it and a good chunk of the game is ignoring the question of where to look.

This is a good indication that people either need to slow down or scum are intentionally making the game too fast.
The question was answered.

Mala claimed her PR in her first post, in a way that I would not expect scum to do. Especially as it is a PR that I think that scum would not claim to begin with. (My answer, which Frog referenced back to when he answered as well)

Plus, her tone felt right when she was here (Cephrir's explanation, which I generally agreed with)

So, before she started lurking out, she started already at a town lean (for me at least).

--

Corwin's post tried to boil it down to :
I had lost posts, and got scum read
Mala had low posts, and was not getting pressure.

"CONTRADICTION"

I don't think that it was a contradiction for Frog to treat the two slots differently, because I also treated the two slots differently.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:27 am

Post by Bell »

Lower than that I dunno about those players so I can’t
Say but only John and T-bone have made meaningless shit posts. And far be it from
Me to point the finger when I live in a molten glass house.

Though I think I have shared more opinions than both of them combined. So that sucks.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:28 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2310, MathBlade wrote:Are you trying to pocket Titus?
Titus is playing this game?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

why isn't the thread drowning under a metric fuckload of Math posts yet

not that i want that to happen
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2304, MathBlade wrote:Hi. This is a lot of pages. Any suggestions on where to start? I will start skimming VCs but places I could target read late tonight after gaming with my sister would help.
This question was not.

We really need to slow the game down and respond to things as they appear.

I will be back after done gaming.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2339, Cephrir wrote:why isn't the thread drowning under a metric fuckload of Math posts yet

not that i want that to happen
Because I am multitasking IRL and as I said last game I was horrible so I am trying this listening thing

I think it’s a thing worth doing
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Frogsterking »

UNVOTE: Bella

VOTE: Cephrir

Quick explanation of my Bella vote:

I was looking at the activity levels for slots that are under the radar and may have been townread early for bad reasons. I thought maybe it was a mistake to sheep Klick (who I townread) on their Bella read here:

Spoiler:
In post 559, Klick wrote:
In post 537, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Bella feels town, maybe Frogster too

Still struggling for strong scumreads :|
I could have made this posy
I'm really rather happy with the trio of {Frog, Bella, CSF} in general

Since then, Klick reaffirmed their read on Bella and gave me a good reason to want to sheep their Bella read (Bella is Klick's wife) :

Spoiler:
In post 2158, Klick wrote:
In post 2043, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 561, Klick wrote:I'm told Luke's scum game is scary but equally he's had some good takes. I think he's probably a net positive on the game state.
This is the only klick post that hit me any which way. Who did you here this from?

Also klick has good votes
Bellaphant (AKA my wife) told me about the newbie she recently finished with Lukewarm. I also think I remember seeing he had a scummie nomination?

I agree with you btw that the resistance to Pooky townreads is worth noting btw. Skimmed so I can't remember who was doing this, but if I were scum and Pooky was town I'd be concerned about him getting an early pass.
In post 2169, Klick wrote:
In post 2146, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: Johnny

VOTE: Bellaphant

[Bellaphant, ?, ?, ?, ?]
Nah not feeling that at all.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2336, Lukewarm wrote:I find it odd more people are commenting on 1763 than the original contradictor to explain it
Sorry, I guess I should have limited down the part that I was responding to to just this.

----

As for where to look, I would point you to pooky's spread sheet. He has compiled a large list of everybody's reads, so you can look to see who is being scum read by who, and who to look at yourself.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:33 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Wagon hop wagon hop

VOTE: Malcolm

Pedit no frog do Mal
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2322, JohnnyFarrar wrote: is top notch from Roden, moving them up to town
I'd like to hear more about this; I explicitly don't townread this post and feel like Roden has enough content that I'm surprised I don't feel like he's town.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1901, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Spoiler: Updated Chart So Far

So Far:

Top Townreads:

Lukewarm - 19 TRs
Rad - 17 TRs
Dunn - 16 TRs - 2 SRs
CSF - 14 TRs
Pooky - 14 TRs

Top Scumreads:

BBT - 12 SRs - 2 TRs
Toad - 11 SRs - 1 TR
Ceph - 8 SRs - 2 TRs

No Consensus:

Bell - 12 TRs - 7 SRs
OTH - 12 TRs - 5 SRs

Mostly Null:

D-Lee 3 TR 2 SR 17 Nulls
Bella 5 TR 1 SR 16 Nulls
C+G 5 TR 2 SR 15 Nulls
@Math
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2327, Lukewarm wrote:

Tbh I missed that Taly posted the readslist in response to Johnny asking for it. But when I read the same Taly post, I had a "wow this is a lot of words but not much content", so there was some mindmeld. It also tracks with how annoyed Corwin was when I asked him to post a readslist, so I think the feeling there is real

- it showed some awareness that his scumread (Frogster) was giving certain lurkers (Mala - another scumread of his) preferential treatment, and I think he jumped on something he thought was a suspicious link btween the two. I can see how you see it could be scum mad that they're coming under pressure, but Corwin was pressured shortly after dealing with his family thing so that rings genuine
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:40 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2344, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Wagon hop wagon hop

VOTE: Malcolm

Pedit no frog do Mal
This feels like a bit of a random vote given the point of the game we're at, what's your reasoning?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2338, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2310, MathBlade wrote:Are you trying to pocket Titus?
Titus is playing this game?
Believe they're one half of Dancing Puppets no?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”