JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:04 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2289, Taly wrote:im curious, i came in with several slots cautious or scumreading me but you've taken to conversation very well, why?
I needed some direction in this game, and you're historically a good sounding board for my thoughts. I'm not blind to the fact that you
could
be scum, but especially in this big butt game, and especially on day 1, I'm way more into working with town Taly. Regret is something I can feel tomorrow if I need to.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 2357, Off The Hook wrote:How’s y’all’s day going? I’m getting bullied by my hydra partner rn :)

~GE
Marci initially said that about you. :lol:
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Bell »

How do you tell whether Bellaphant is scum or not.
I remember a long time ago accidentally mis eliminating them for playing kind of like this.
Just sort of mild pop-ins with mild takes all game.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2377, Bell wrote:How do you tell whether Bellaphant is scum or not.
I remember a long time ago accidentally mis eliminating them for playing kind of like this.
I don't see much of an issue with Bella's posts so far. There's nothing particularly controversial or exciting in there but I think there are some pretty clear reads and some reasonable lines of thoughts that could be coming from town. I don't really detect any sort of scum agenda as such either, most of their SRs seem understandable to me at this point in the game.

At worst I think the early vote on BBT looks a bit opportunistic but the read itself feels quite consistent even if I don't entirely disagree with it - there have been much worse votes so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:11 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

*Even though I don't entirely agree sorry, typo.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Malcolm - I see a consistent scum read on Roden in his ISO - , , , (votes Roden), and I actually like his posts on the previous page where he was talking to Johnny

I'm not really feeling Ceph's scumcase () there. I think Malcolm's Roden progression is fairly transparent. He further disliked Roden's lack of proactive curiosity towards Toad - the "evasiveness"

The "looking at Roden's ISO" could easily come from town who opened up Roden's ISO to check there wasn't something that they missed. This dislike of Roden's readlist is also tracks, because Malcolm also has disliked Toad (who was the one with only Galron in scum reads) and has criticized Galron for having a mostly null reads list as well.

Malcolm --> town
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Off The Hook »

yes i like malcolm as well, i also didnt really vibe with roden.
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:16 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Malcolm --> town
Also while you're inputting into the spreadsheet, make Taly --> null and MathBlade --> null
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Re Johnny - I'd not noticed Frog's posts you're referring to. Understandable reason to leave a SR alone for a while, I get that.

Re Pooky - I wouldn't say I'm "uncomfortable" with the TR's, I'm just not in agreement that the spreadsheet collection itself is pro-town as opposed to NAI. I don't get why you're so wary at the idea of me basically having this slot in null? Personally I'm just wary of giving the most active player in the game an easy pass on the basis of them doing something which could also have a clear benefit to scum. I thought your attempt to link that with my TR of Dwlee was pretty disingenuous, especially since my TR of Dwlee was not for the fact they suspected Pooky but more just independence of thought in a way that struck me as townie.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

on VLA til 16
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2368, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I don't think you're scumreading pooky, I think townreads on pooky make you uncomfortable. And I think I know why
I personally don't think scum would mind pooky getting townreads too much tbh.

He is already a player that I think scum would want to night kill before end game, and I don't think of him as an easy player to miseliminate.

And he's not even trying to lead the town anywhere with those town reads.

If I saw him racking up a ton of town reads as scum, I'd probably just shrug and accept he is dealt with via night kills this game. And this is kind of how it feels scum have decided to treat me too.

I don't think they are currently worried about fighting against the most concensus townreads
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Off The Hook »

how do yall keep up with this game we still have like over a week left and we're just shy of 100 pages..

i think i could see johnny being scum, alot of his posts seem easy for scum to make. i think hes low in alot of peoples poe, yet a wagon hasn't built there at all? it feels like the atmosphere around him is being subtly manipulated but i can't tell by who
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Malcolm - I see a consistent scum read on Roden in his ISO - , , , (votes Roden), and I actually like his posts on the previous page where he was talking to Johnny

I'm not really feeling Ceph's scumcase () there. I think Malcolm's Roden progression is fairly transparent. He further disliked Roden's lack of proactive curiosity towards Toad - the "evasiveness"

The "looking at Roden's ISO" could easily come from town who opened up Roden's ISO to check there wasn't something that they missed. This dislike of Roden's readlist is also tracks,
because Malcolm also has disliked Toad (who was the one with only Galron in scum reads)
and has criticized Galron for having a mostly null reads list as well.

Malcolm --> town
I'm not sure I specifically noticed this at the time re Toad but yeah, my general issue there was that there wasn't a lot going on in terms of SRs.

My opinion of Toad has since improved though - their play seems a bit more natural to me and they have a self-awareness at posting a lack of major content so far that's struck me as townie insofar they've drawn attention to it more often than I think scum would want to. I also think their response to pressure from Roden was fair and demonstrated a willingness to be interrogated and to respond, which Roden of course rejected.

I don't necessarily have an issue with a lack of SRs on D1, I get it's not easy in a game of this size and a willingness to admit you're lost can be townie vs scum who are desperate to appear busy. But with Roden it felt odd that they had one scum in their list who has the post count restriction, and another who they've consistently suspected but were unwilling to really push when given an opportunity to do so since their read didn't have that much elaboration. Almost as if they were looking for an easyish slot to sit on D1.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Off The Hook »

eh i guess dwlee could be seen the same way, but i think johnnys been more present than they have so its just something that sticks out more for him.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 2377, Bell wrote:How do you tell whether Bellaphant is scum or not.
do u wanna chat abt this? idk how to read bellaphant but i think bouncing ideas around might be useful :shrug:
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2388, Off The Hook wrote:eh i guess dwlee could be seen the same way, but i think johnnys been more present than they have so its just something that sticks out more for him.
I've been feeling Dwlee town because as outlined above their vote on Pooky felt quite left-field and townie - like it was genuinely some original thought. Their ISO in general though does feel very focused in on Pooky individually (from TR to SR) and would definitely like to see more from the slot.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2341, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2339, Cephrir wrote:why isn't the thread drowning under a metric fuckload of Math posts yet

not that i want that to happen
Because I am multitasking IRL and as I said last game I was horrible so I am trying this listening thing

I think it’s a thing worth doing
Iiiinterssting tweeet.

This feels kinda Townie like but could be NAI.

Tbh I just suck at reading math now so
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 2390, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2388, Off The Hook wrote:eh i guess dwlee could be seen the same way, but i think johnnys been more present than they have so its just something that sticks out more for him.
I've been feeling Dwlee town because as outlined above their vote on Pooky felt quite left-field and townie - like it was genuinely some original thought. Their ISO in general though does feel very focused in on Pooky individually (from TR to SR) and would definitely like to see more from the slot.
i dont quite trust dwlee yet, but they arent the worst LOL

recently there was a game where me and dwlee were scumpartners and imo their scumgame is pretty similar to their towngame so I think that might be scary to try and read later on ^.^
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:36 am

Spoiler:
In post 2387, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Malcolm - I see a consistent scum read on Roden in his ISO - , , , (votes Roden), and I actually like his posts on the previous page where he was talking to Johnny

The "looking at Roden's ISO" could easily come from town who opened up Roden's ISO to check there wasn't something that they missed. This dislike of Roden's readlist is also tracks,
because Malcolm also has disliked Toad (who was the one with only Galron in scum reads)
and has criticized Galron for having a mostly null reads list as well.

Malcolm --> town
I'm not sure I specifically noticed this at the time re Toad but yeah, my general issue there was that there wasn't a lot going on in terms of SRs.

My opinion of Toad has since improved though - their play seems a bit more natural to me and they have a self-awareness at posting a lack of major content so far that's struck me as townie insofar they've drawn attention to it more often than I think scum would want to. I also think their response to pressure from Roden was fair and demonstrated a willingness to be interrogated and to respond, which Roden of course rejected.

I don't necessarily have an issue with a lack of SRs on D1, I get it's not easy in a game of this size and a willingness to admit you're lost can be townie vs scum who are desperate to appear busy. But with Roden it felt odd that they had one scum in their list who has the post count restriction, and another who they've consistently suspected but were unwilling to really push when given an opportunity to do so since their read didn't have that much elaboration. Almost as if they were looking for an easyish slot to sit on D1.

Interesting point, I honestly don’t see how anyone has any kind of read at all on that slot.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Malakittens »

Bella feels town.
Also bbt feels town
Gamma shockingly enough feels town RN

I’m reading backwards while waiting for dinner and I’m on page 90

Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:40 am

In post 2392, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 2390, MalcolmTucker wrote:
i dont quite trust dwlee yet, but they arent the worst LOL

recently there was a game where me and dwlee were scumpartners and imo their scumgame is pretty similar to their towngame so I think that might be scary to try and read later on ^.^
I haven’t really given them much thought so far but I disagree that their scumgames and towngames are similar but not really sure I can explain the difference all that well but there definitely is one.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2346, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1901, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Spoiler: Updated Chart So Far

So Far:

Top Townreads:

Lukewarm - 19 TRs
Rad - 17 TRs
Dunn - 16 TRs - 2 SRs
CSF - 14 TRs
Pooky - 14 TRs

Top Scumreads:

BBT - 12 SRs - 2 TRs
Toad - 11 SRs - 1 TR
Ceph - 8 SRs - 2 TRs

No Consensus:

Bell - 12 TRs - 7 SRs
OTH - 12 TRs - 5 SRs

Mostly Null:

D-Lee 3 TR 2 SR 17 Nulls
Bella 5 TR 1 SR 16 Nulls
C+G 5 TR 2 SR 15 Nulls
@Math
Okay thanks for how that’s shaping out that’s going to be a huge help
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Off The Hook »

i used to think dwlees more active as scum, but after the discord moderator game i realized they truly arent.

thats the only thing i could rlly think to try to read dwlee based off of, i think their thoughts are hit or miss depending on the playerlist.

:sob:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2371, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 2298, Galron wrote:
In post 2296, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 2295, Galron wrote:Last 8 pages or so I haven't read but I was thinking C%G are a mystery. Nancy do you have any thoughts there? Taly?
Absolutely no clue so dead null.
Do you believe thy have a postng restriction?
It’s likely. I really don’t see either head making that up.
I believe posting restrictions could exist and the game does have bastard elements.

I could see some based on type or something like that. I think a player could have a post restriction and another player be careful about how they say things.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Off The Hook »

VOTE: johnnyfarrar
We think this is worth voting rn

~GE