RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Nancy you are a gem, don’t ever let anyone take your shine.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I was inches from a Klick wagon but they swooped in with sauce.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Today I don’t want to lim: dwlee, Rad, frogster, TBone, OTH, ceph (read as townreads)

But my towncore is - Bell, DP, Luke, Pooky, mala, Dunn

Frog and TBone are close to making the jump up, Rad and ceph are on a downtrend that I can’t fully quantify.

If I had a dayvig I’d shoot BB formerly PP or Malcolm.

Also Bella is on the verge of don’t like, they are amicable in a way that doesn’t creep me out so that’s + but beyond that no strong impression.

I think Klick does have some scum equity but that’s just without flips and on play minus voting patterns I think they are +town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Bella can you elaborate on your Klick read, can you tell if this is Klick's scum game yet or will you need more time to tell?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Their early posts were just town. They've not done a huge amount since but I know we've been ridiculous busy (I am 'night posting' when you guys are posting because I'm up with the baby). Things should calm down for both us after the weekend so I'm hoping for an uptick in content

I did like their response to me about them moving their vote, it felt natural and not like... performative or defensive, whereas I think scum klick could've just shaded me for even asking.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:15 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

RCA, talk to me about mala and bell?

I know I need to dive Dunn
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't need you to dive me, just to explain why you have me as mafia right now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:21 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

That's what I'm saying, I think I'm just wrong - I want to iso you because part of my brain just went 'scum' and I want to relook at that. I know that's shit but it's true.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

@Pooky

Johnny -> Null
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Klick -> Town
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:47 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3656, Lukewarm wrote:As I read through tonight, and saw it happening, it felt like there were two people actively trying to keep the Math wagon alive after I abandoned ship. Pooky and Klick.

When I look back at how the two of them treated the slot, Pooky has had Corwin as a scum read for a while. He was scum on his reads list post, and scum in both spread sheets.

Comparatively, Klick did not mention a scum reading Corwin a single time until after I started my attempt to lead the thread. "Corwin" appears in Klick's iso in exactly 5 posts. Here is the progression, interspaced with when I first started trying to get people to move to corwin, and when I unvoted.

Spoiler:
In post 1544, Klick wrote:NULL
{Snip}
Corwinoid

In post 2061, Lukewarm wrote:After doing some reading, I am narrowed down where I want to move my vote to either Corwinoid and The Toad, but struggling to decided between the two.

Maybe they should just be dueling wagons?

In post 2167, Klick wrote:I had a small scumread on Corwin develop earlier but wanted to give him time to settle in the game. But people are talking about it now so I guess I'll pitch in and say I concur

But Toad isn't towny either so I'd go there too
In post 2189, Klick wrote:Mmm not feeling the Toad vote really.

VOTE: Corwin let's try this
In post 2914, Lukewarm wrote:I am starting to think that I failed as town leader

UNVOTE:

In post 3268, Klick wrote:
In post 3018, Bellaphant wrote:I didn't get much from maths' posting, which is strange because last game with them I was adamant about them being town to a very unbella-like point of intransigence.
This is probably because Corwin/MathBlade is just a scum slot and should die today

VOTE: MathBlade
In post 3302, Klick wrote:I don't really think Corwin's body of work looks like scumhunting, it looks more like projecting reads into the thread to look like he's scumhunting

No comment on Corwin.

I say we should wagon there.

An unoffensive join. "small scum read"

I say we should not kill Math

Now, the language is that the slot is "just scum and should die"

-----

Klick's engagement with this wagon reeks imo
So I can see how you've come to the conclusions you've come to
I think this argument falls when you consider that I have no illusions about my influence on the game state. The content I've provided hasn't been sufficient to be actually 'trying to keep the Math wagon alive' and the sway I have isn't going to be convincing a decent number of people to vote with me without reasons.

The things that actually convince me of someone's alignment one way or the other tend to be based on singular or very few reasons that I feel are very solid myself. But I have zero confidence in my ability to competitively form an argument based on the reasons I read people, because my read reasoning tends to not be persuasive. So I've recently opted for just giving my thoughts without intent to persuade, or otherwise pushing in directions that I feel will help the game early on.

I personally think it's very notable that Bella's having trouble reading MathBlade, because Bella has clocked onto Math!town very quickly and accurately in the past, and that sort of nullish read on someone often turns up scum in my experience. And I've already given my thoughts on why Corwin's slot was scummy. I can't give much more than that without delving into things that really don't influence my own thoughts either way.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:49 pm

Post by Klick »

I see a Roden wagon
VOTE: Roden
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:57 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3813, T-Bone wrote:I think Corwin got a bad rap because he started the game away from it and had to come in on the back foot with people scum reading him when he literally wasn't in the game yet.
This is a poor generalisation of the scumreads on Corwin
I'd rather the history on that not get edited thx
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:54 am

Post by Off The Hook »

yeah, mathblade seems more concerned about defending himself than anything else. i could see that being scum, but it does feel a bit mean to jump on him like that so i could also see those emotions coming from frustrated town.
i think giving him the space would be helpful.

im all for a possible klick wagon though! votes are too wagony for my liking. i feel like thats viable scum strat and their afkness let them slid by until now.
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3989, Off The Hook wrote:yeah, mathblade seems more concerned about defending himself than anything else. i could see that being scum, but it does feel a bit mean to jump on him like that so i could also see those emotions coming from frustrated town.
i think giving him the space would be helpful.

im all for a possible klick wagon though! votes are too wagony for my liking. i feel like thats viable scum strat and their afkness let them slid by until now.
I'm not really feeling scum Klick at all, the vote on Roden seems reasonable given there's a clear progression there from recent posts, and quite frankly we do need to start forming wagons at this point - thus far we've barely had any.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3933, Cephrir wrote:i want to kill one of math/DP/Johnny

im not sure why that feels impossible
Because you didn't cross reference my reads list first, duh
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:03 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 3990, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm not really feeling scum Klick at all, the vote on Roden seems reasonable given there's a clear progression there from recent posts, and quite frankly we do need to start forming wagons at this point - thus far we've barely had any.
how are you not feeling klick scum at all?!??!!

klicks done barely anything, the majority of their notable contributions is "wagon on whatever wagon looks like itll go somewhere"? it feels like theyre just searching for a miselim?
literally WHERE does it look like theyre trying to genuinely push the game into a good state?

open their iso and point out what gives townie vibez?!??!?! bet u cant bet u cant
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3972, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 3782, T-Bone wrote:Also like, mechanically, I think we need Math for at least Day 2 anyway because of the silliness of DNA's claimed post restriction. So y'all could lim him on Day 2 if you're still not satisfied. Eliminating Math now means DNA gets a pass and never needs to answer for Day 1. I'm not saying we're guaranteed anything with Math alive, but we're guaranteed nothing with Math dead.

And like, he inherited a town slot...
What do we get out of dna with math alive day 2 that we don’t with math elimmed?
Once they are free to talk as much as they want, They can say that they thought anything day 1 with no one here to verify they actually thought it real time
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3927, Klick wrote:
In post 3435, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3404, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 3397, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Was this also claimed? I'm losing track of neighborhoods
Not by me. I sat on it. Klick has been my sekkrit scumread.

~Titus
Unironically are you pocketing me?
For what it's worth, this Klick scumread was in her notes post in the neighbourhood!
It might be worth getting into that a bit? Like do you see them drastically different in the PT vs here? Are they saying things you find questionable?
In post 3782, T-Bone wrote:Also like, mechanically, I think we need Math for at least Day 2 anyway because of the silliness of DNA's claimed post restriction. So y'all could lim him on Day 2 if you're still not satisfied. Eliminating Math now means DNA gets a pass and never needs to answer for Day 1. I'm not saying we're guaranteed anything with Math alive, but we're guaranteed nothing with Math dead.

What do we get out of dna with math alive day 2 that we don’t with math elimmed?
The ability to get coroberation or lack their of from the two players.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

Low key I'm getting buyer's remorse from the Klick vote now.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:13 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3993, Lukewarm wrote:

Once they are free to talk as much as they want, They can say that they thought anything day 1 with no one here to verify they actually thought it real time
If math flips town than what they said dna said should just be taken at face value. And the dead will still have contact in some capacity anyway.

It’s whatever though, I’d give math a day.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:30 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3981, Bellaphant wrote:RCA, talk to me about mala and bell?

I know I need to dive Dunn
Both feel loose and free flowing. Mala just exudes town demeanor.

The Klick townread is more substantial. My only real issue with Klick was the voting but I asked myself what I found scummy about it and couldn’t pin it down. Their votes are very openly displaying what they think at that particular moment readswise and have actually been used to develop those reads (Example, the step back from cephrir and again on my slot.)

What I think is happening in regards to Klick is twofold. People are conflating thread presence with perceived town behavior and playing as if the two go hand in hand. As well as, slots are just giving Klick the old jab, jab, step back…..but they keep stepping back and Klick gets scummier in retrospect as a result.

What do I mean by that? Well I don’t recall an instance outside of ceph where Klick engaged with a slot and they came out with a Klick scumread from it. It’s all been after the fact.

If I’m wrong call me out but that’s how I’m seeing it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:31 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Oh I also wanted to add that despite all of that. I still feel more strongly about Mala being town than Klick being town. I just have better reasons for townreading the other way round.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3996, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 3993, Lukewarm wrote:

If math flips town than what they said dna said should just be taken at face value. And the dead will still have contact in some capacity anyway.

It’s whatever though, I’d give math a day.
I was more explaining tbones point

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”