Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Prism »

Gamma Emerald was a town mason, not a vanilla townie. catboi will correct the OP later.

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1974, Datisi wrote:s_s, do you have any other thoughts on this game
I have a bunch of vague things swirling around, I definitely do not feel like spilling them all out as that wouldn't be helpful. Is there something specific you want my thoughts on?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm not sure i get the idea ari is putting out (the mafia voting mala thing) because my first instinct as mafia would be to not even get close to voting a mason soft for the chance they actually are a mason and i prematurely get shit for pushing a green flip, and i feel like it would be the same for at least some number of scum!players here?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1976, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1974, Datisi wrote:s_s, do you have any other thoughts on this game
I have a bunch of vague things swirling around, I definitely do not feel like spilling them all out as that wouldn't be helpful. Is there something specific you want my thoughts on?
there are things i want to see from you, and that is vague on purpose for the time being

okay, give me 2-3 strongest townreads? or anyone else you suspect besides andante?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1977, Datisi wrote:i'm not sure i get the idea ari is putting out (the mafia voting mala thing) because my first instinct as mafia would be to not even get close to voting a mason soft for the chance they actually are a mason and i prematurely get shit for pushing a green flip, and i feel like it would be the same for at least some number of scum!players here?

I think playing passively burned the scum team yesterday and they take whatever lifeline happens to float their way such as a townie deciding to soft mason when they're not mason with both hands.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Aristeia »

also if I'm right about the wagon comp then the 5 remaining alive people on the wagon is probly 2 masons + 2 mafia + 1 VT and we can force a win from today.

I also have mild reasons to townread everyone off wagon so it's w/e.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1979, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1977, Datisi wrote:i'm not sure i get the idea ari is putting out (the mafia voting mala thing) because my first instinct as mafia would be to not even get close to voting a mason soft for the chance they actually are a mason and i prematurely get shit for pushing a green flip, and i feel like it would be the same for at least some number of scum!players here?

I think playing passively burned the scum team yesterday and they take whatever lifeline happens to float their way such as a townie deciding to soft mason when they're not mason with both hands.
???

(1) it seemed to me like a lot of players were aligning towards yeeting mala, and she was obviously town, how did they get burned there by playing passively?
(2) scum had no way of knowing that mala was a fake-softing vt at the time, no?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:45 am

In post 1978, Datisi wrote:okay, give me 2-3 strongest townreads? or anyone else you suspect besides andante?
Uh, I guess my townpool for the time being is {STD, Ari, implosion}? I townread fire early but they've kinda fallen off.

Take these with a grain of salt though, given the nature of the setup I think it's to our advantage to have a relatively narrow focus so I'm not hugely looking at the people who aren't in the spotlight.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1982, Something_Smart wrote:Take these with a grain of salt though, given the nature of the setup I think it's to our advantage to have a relatively narrow focus so I'm not hugely looking at the people who aren't in the spotlight.
okay. is the nka the only reason why you suspect andante?
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1981, Datisi wrote:(1) it seemed to me like a lot of players were aligning towards yeeting mala, and she was obviously town, how did they get burned there by playing passively?

mala wasn't townread because she was afk and not playing.

she can always come back and townspew - she is a fairly polarized player by play and I think there's more than one person with experience playing with her that can read her fairly reliably.

the scum do not know whether or when mala will come back and townspew - they have to seize eliminations as they come up
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1981, Datisi wrote:(2) scum had no way of knowing that mala was a fake-softing vt at the time, no?

fire figured it out in the thread so I'm not sure why you think a scum could not figure it out?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:51 am

In post 1983, Datisi wrote:is the nka the only reason why you suspect andante?
Well, more than just NKA, two people had reasons to suspect her that are now confirmed to be in good faith.

But yes I don't pretend to have any clue how to read Andante directly.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1973, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1969, fireisredsir wrote:SS why andante?
Both NK's have pushed her and I do not think scum figured out Gamma was mason
i think thats reasonable, my thought was that if im hunting in [andante, ss, enchant, hut], you were the main one of those who i would guess likely could have figured out gamma was mason, and i was unsure about a andante/enchant team, since i kinda doubted they would have

but i guess that you having a similar pool and a similar thought process except with the additional bit of info as to your own alignment, is probably kinda towny, altho id maybe expect you to be considering me more?

i still think killing gamma without being relatively confident that she was a mason is a weird choice tho? ig if andante really thought that gamma was tunneled on her (she wasn't really anymore, but andante might not realize that)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1985, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1981, Datisi wrote:(2) scum had no way of knowing that mala was a fake-softing vt at the time, no?
fire figured it out in the thread so I'm not sure why you think a scum could not figure it out?
i feel like saying "mala wasn't townread because she was afk" is objectively false because she did have a bunch of scummy posts when she *was* posting (you thought so too at the time) but w/e

and fire figured it out by virtue of "too many people have voted for mala for her to be a mason with anyone"

i haven't done analysis on when each scumteam could've figured out mala wasn't a mason by virtue of too many people voting her, because it would be much more trouble than it's actually worth, but i think it overall would've been late in the day
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1986, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1983, Datisi wrote:is the nka the only reason why you suspect andante?
Well, more than just NKA, two people had reasons to suspect her that are now confirmed to be in good faith.

But yes I don't pretend to have any clue how to read Andante directly.
is there anyone that you suspect based on your own reads and reasoning?
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1988, Datisi wrote:i feel like saying "mala wasn't townread because she was afk" is objectively false because she did have a bunch of scummy posts when she *was* posting (you thought so too at the time) but w/e
yes I know she had a bunch of scummy posts.

but she is very polarized as a player and if she has time she is capable of towntelling very hard.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:59 am

In post 1989, Datisi wrote:is there anyone that you suspect based on your own reads and reasoning?
No.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: something_smart
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:04 am

C'mon, you should know better than that.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

hi i should say i'm effectively V/LA this week starting a new job and getting married on Saturday.

disappointed by enchant's hammer and not sure his blame of datisi makes sense tbh

i'll try to spend some time today looking at the game, if i don't get to it i feel somewhat confident in this read

VOTE: fireisredsir
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

congrats fen!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:26 am

ty
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:29 am

Post by hutmeil »

Nice congrats!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1994, Save The Dragons wrote:hi i should say i'm effectively V/LA this week starting a new job and getting married on Saturday
exciting, congrats, v happy for you both :>
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:31 am