Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2195, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2191, Andante wrote:Right, let me make a counter argument for the dead people... I'm just not maf? that simple
That's... not a counterargument.
Ahh my bad. @VP and @Gamma can yall clarify your argument I'm supposed to counter? Oh wait... they're dead...

Cause idk why you're expecting me to have a counter to "why did the 2 people who SR you die" like idk? I'm not maf, can't speak for maf
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Something_Smart »

You already gave a counter in , I'm asking you to expand on it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Enchant »

What i miss?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2186, Andante wrote:
In post 2167, Aristeia wrote:a. if she's town then scum have been framing her with nightkills for 2 nights straight
how am I even framed? scum literally just killed talkative people with high odds of being masons that weren't SRed? it's not framing to do that?
literally what is there to expand on?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2201, Something_Smart wrote:You already gave a counter in , I'm asking you to expand on it.
this post was meant for the scum pt

also andante is ignoring me again, that is fine i'm not hurt i aM FINE
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2193, Datisi wrote:
In post 2190, Andante wrote:hmmm ari is probably town
okay

who else are your townreads?

why'd you only now say you'd be fine killing s_s?
hi!! sorry!!! not ignoring!! I mean, I'm trying to keep my SRs to 1 or 2 people, I'm not trying to narrow down possible masons, like, yeah, thus. I SR fire, I'm good with a fire lim. There was talk of "I sr SS" and I wanted to be like "yeah I'm not thinking he's town" just so it's not like "hmmm no one SRs him??" like yeah no, he literally won't try to give a definite read on fire? idk, I've voiced the important thoughts, not sure the rest are important.

NOT IGNORING YOU!!!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Datisi »

um sorry, what is your read on s_s? i'm even more confused now than when i first asked >.>

and i don't see how asking who your townreads are is "narrowing down masons"?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:18 am

Datisi, how would you rate Ari's ability to read me compared to your own?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2207, Something_Smart wrote:Datisi, how would you rate Ari's ability to read me compared to your own?
considering i cannot remember a game where all three of us played in that would be actually useable for this

i'm gonna say "probably somewhat better than mine"
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2207, Something_Smart wrote:Datisi, how would you rate Ari's ability to read me compared to your own?
really do not like this question bc

1) you know the answer already. you're just trying to lead datisi towards the idea that ari's townread on you is worth more than his own read. proposing that idea on its own isn't shady, but doing this weird indirect innocent-sounding-but-very-leading question thing is, imo

2) you are aware of the meta that ari will use to read you and are capable of adjusting your play around that. you clearly indicated here that you know what your town and scumgames look like, and that you are carefully thinking about how you play in relation to your own meta
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Datisi »

no, no, i wanna see where he goes with it
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

kinda doubt he was going to follow up on it at all, regardless of alignment. not really his style
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Datisi »

okay

i have more comments on the matter but i wanna see what s_s has to say first
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:21 am

Well, if you said yours was clearly better, I was going to object to that. If you said hers was clearly better, I was going to ask why you weren't trusting it over yours.

Since you did neither, there isn't much more to say. I don't inherently think that Ari's townread is worth more than yours, except insomuch as she seems more confident.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Andante »

yall are funny!! hahahaha
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am

In post 2209, fireisredsir wrote:1) you know the answer already. you're just trying to lead datisi towards the idea that ari's townread on you is worth more than his own read. proposing that idea on its own isn't shady, but doing this weird indirect innocent-sounding-but-very-leading question thing is, imo

2) you are aware of the meta that ari will use to read you and are capable of adjusting your play around that. you clearly indicated here that you know what your town and scumgames look like, and that you are carefully thinking about how you play in relation to your own meta
These are both wrong btw. I genuinely did not know how he would answer, nor do I know what the true answer is. And just because I know what my towngame looks like in broad strokes doesn't mean I can adapt to what individual players expect, especially ones like Ari who approach the game vastly differently from me. What that post shows is that I'm scared to make any adjustments to my scumplay because I never know who is going to catch on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:26 am

Also, I don't see how your objections relate to my alignment. Why am I more likely to do an innocent-sounding-but-very-leading thing as scum? You think I didn't know it was (potentially) leading, or I thought Datisi wouldn't notice?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Datisi »

the only person i would do the "they townread s_s and i think they're town, so i'm townreading s_s with zero questions asked" with is lilith

i feel like the last few games, my read on you has not been great, so "i didn't know what he'd answer" feels weird but meh
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2217, Datisi wrote:the only person i would do the "they townread s_s and i think they're town, so i'm townreading s_s with zero questions asked" with is lilith
ooh you should do that with me!! if I tell you SS is town just sheep me. no questions asked!! He *could* be town here, but I still question his motives for pushing me so ehhh not TRing him!!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Andante »

Sheeping Andante no questions asked... flawless plan tbh, could never go wrong
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2216, Something_Smart wrote:Also, I don't see how your objections relate to my alignment. Why am I more likely to do an innocent-sounding-but-very-leading thing as scum? You think I didn't know it was (potentially) leading, or I thought Datisi wouldn't notice?
i don't remember ari supposedly having a strong bop on you, if she even does, so what was that question actually supposed to accomplish?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2219, Andante wrote:Sheeping Andante no questions asked... flawless plan tbh, could never go wrong
this is the third time i'm asking you to tell me your townreads and i am wondering why do you love making it so incredibly difficult to actually work with you
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Datisi »

ok sorry that was kinda rude but the question still stands
~M
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:37 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2219, Andante wrote:Sheeping Andante no questions asked... flawless plan tbh, could never go wrong
shoulda done it d1
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:37 am

In post 2217, Datisi wrote:i feel like the last few games, my read on you has not been great, so "i didn't know what he'd answer" feels weird but meh
I don't think Ari's read on me is that great either is the thing

Return to “Completed Open Games”