Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2521, Datisi wrote:i think i would feel more comfortable drawing such a conclusion if ~half of this game wasn't lurky or outright nonpresent

that, coupled with a possibility that scum can be positioned so they have to pick their partner between fire/andante and thus not wanting to do it, makes me feel like we can't just conclude both fire/andante are town because the gamestate

? I wouldn't be drawing that conclusion if the game felt very engaged in picking who the elim was between fire/andante. it's the fact that people don't feel very engaged that is making me question this choice of elims.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Datisi »

okay, the idea is that game stagnant > scum is happy with the possible choices > possible choices are town?

i gave reasons why that line of logic can lead to wrong conclusions, therefore i'm not willing to clear andante on ~gamestate read~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

do you like want me to vote for her?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Datisi »

yes?

but i also want you to like, agree with voting her?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Aristeia »

I mean I'd vote for her just to get the day over with and cuz you think she flips scum but I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I'd feel confident she flips scum here
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Datisi »

do you think you can get to that point for anyone today?
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

VOTE: andante
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2530, Datisi wrote:do you think you can get to that point for anyone today?
not really cuz nothing's really happened in a while?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

i think rereading is just getting me nowhere +______+
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Aristeia »

I'm going to stop overthinking things and just trust in you Dats <3 pls be right
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Datisi »

<3
~M
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:40 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2525, Aristeia wrote:it's the fact that people don't feel very engaged that is making me question this choice of elims.
Why is this precisely? are you like, trying to draw conclusions about how scum are viewing the gamestate based on the assumption that scum aren't very engaged? Because I really don't think that kind of analysis reflects how scum decide whether to effort in a game.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Aristeia »

what do you mean?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Aristeia »

like from my pov we're at like 3-3 or 4-4 and I'm somewhat of a swing vote and enchant is ??? maybe willing to hammer whoever whenever.

and nobody's really trying to convince me to vote one way or the other[except Datisi? maybe?]

so by definition the scum do not care who between Andante/Fire gets voted out today because like nobody is trying to convince me to vote one way or the other?

Like even fire/andante don't seem to really want to lim the other person so like what's going on here?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:50 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2538, Aristeia wrote:so by definition the scum do not care who between Andante/Fire gets voted out today because like nobody is trying to convince me to vote one way or the other?
I feel this skips many feasible alternatives.

Maybe scum is one of the people who is trying to convince you, like Datisi. Maybe scum is a lurker who's lurking because of RL obligations, or who simply doesn't have motivation to try to influence the course of today's vote in that way. Maybe (and this is I think one of the most broadly plausible almost no matter who scum is) scum just don't think that it's worth it to put themselves out there in order to influence which one of the two gets limmed - obviously that can make sense if they're T/T, but if they're T/S then you could very easily have a scum who's afraid to commit to the bus in this situation but who also thinks that tying themself to their buddy will be too problematic.

They could care but just not think it's worth it to push.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Andante »

yo what the heck? I think that's e-1, you don't even want to announce that it's literally putting me on e-1?

Well I'm literally not mafia, and I've given this game 100% of the effort I can give it, definitely disappointing that trying my absolute best = getting limmed but whatever, I literally can't do much today participation wise, so I guess I'll be dead by tomorrow, I would seriously look into the reasons people have for voting me after my flip

I just literally can't do anything today, if I'm not dead by tomorrow I can probably effort then. I think I spent too long outside the past few days, cause this headache... I'm just going back to sleep. Definitely just dissapointing to see, I've tried my absolute BEST, and I'm being chopped. like, I die, then what? you're just gonna go lim fire, and then you're at lylo. whatever, not my problem. if you seriously think I'm the best chop at this point, town deserves to lose.

SS was literally just "I'm being impossible to read for a reason" right, and you're freaking voting me for no reason. I hope limming me the town helps your plan of "being a mystery"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:51 am

Post by implosion »

Apathy is also a powerful drug, especially in a setup like this, where the only hard informational roles are basically landmines that we're trying to avoid running up because outing them loses the only value they give.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2538, Aristeia wrote:Like even fire/andante don't seem to really want to lim the other person so like what's going on here?
I'd rather lim literally either of the 2 doing absolutely nothing.. not me who has given 100% this game...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2541, implosion wrote:Apathy is also a powerful drug, especially in a setup like this, where the only hard informational roles are basically landmines that we're trying to avoid running up because outing them loses the only value they give.
and I guarantee at least one of the 2 masons is doing absolutely nothing cause "I'm clear so it doesn't matter"

whatever, I'm just going back to bed, this isn't freaking worth my time at this point, cause I'm literally e-1, just waiting for enchant to show up and kill me
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Aristeia »

ok do you want to vote enchant then?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Aristeia »

like you say you're giving 100% effort but like you're voting for SS who i've said multiple times now that I think he's a mason so I'm not sure what you want from me here?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2544, Aristeia wrote:ok do you want to vote enchant then?
no, enchant is doing more than hutmeil and Something_Smart combined
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2545, Aristeia wrote:like you say you're giving 100% effort
I LITERALLY AM
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Datisi »

implo, do you care to convince me why i'm wrong on what i recently said about fire being town?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Datisi »

implo, do you care to convince me why i'm wrong on what i recently said about fire being town?
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”