Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 421, MegAzumarill wrote:I honestly have no clue how anything Ari has been doing in the last few pages could come from a town mindset. It's vague, weak, circular arguements for a read that hasn't been fleshed out since day 2.
are you talking about yourself?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:06 am

Post by scamper »

In post 421, MegAzumarill wrote:I honestly have no clue how anything Ari has been doing in the last few pages could come from a town mindset. It's vague, weak, circular arguements for a read that hasn't been fleshed out since day 2.
i don't see how any of that matters

weak arguments != scum

i think the way she's handling her scumreads and her approach to them is generally very likely to be town, she doesnt need to put herself out in front so much as mafia and the way she is treating her reads makse me think she really believes in them

i don't think ausuka's response to ari is scummy and i'm leaning on it being +town for her too

i'm not scumreading datisi in this exchange, but i am also explicitly *not* townreading him
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:07 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

scamper could you give some of your thoughts on your townreads so far?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

like meg I get you are fairly hands off and difficult to read because you don't do much as either alignment and you seem to think it is ok to play the game that way[which fair since not everyone is willing to effort] but it seems hypocritical of you to come in to shade me for "not doing things" when you haven't actually done anything for the entirety of the game.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Aristeia »

and saying that I'm not fleshing out my read on Ausuka when I literally just spent 2-3 pages jousting with her seems like an absolutely atrocious take but unfortunately not outside of townrange for you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 406, Aristeia wrote:if I am scum, I am perfectly capable of yeeting you and getting away with it.

I do not need to do some convoluted bop offer.
In that case if you're scum you're perfectly capable of doing the bop thing and winning since you can never be caught. Maybe you're doing this for style points, I don't know
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:10 am

Post by scamper »

In post 354, Donempire wrote:
In post 345, Ausuka wrote:Maybe I just rolled miller

Like as scum I literally never claim miller, not for strategic reasons but because I would never involve myself in all this claim speculation BS voluntarily
Your partner might have told you to.
I dont think this is a point worth discussing until one of the mods clarifies this. I'll just say this, claiming miller as scum in a game with uncertain setup is a gambit with very little risk. I dont think your claim by itself should be trusted.
this again feels like its blindly hedging rather than making any sort of actual conclusion on ausuka's alignment
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:11 am

Post by scamper »

In post 427, MegAzumarill wrote:scamper could you give some of your thoughts on your townreads so far?
wdym thoughts? like just who im townreading, or going into details?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 411, Datisi wrote:
In post 409, Aristeia wrote:
In post 405, Datisi wrote:not properly caught up w the last few pages but the reason i'm not too sure this comes from scum!ari is because town!her often does thinks that i think are scummy. like i was thinking her play way incredibly scum indicative when we were in a town hydra together. i do not trust myself to read her properly
what am i even doing this game that you think is scum!indicative?
coming specifically from you, nothing

in general, a lot of things

i'd be calling for your head if you proposed a bop like that and had the scumteam you have with the flimsy reasoning you do if you were anyone else
I mean maybe I'm missing something then

Aristeia if anything I would expect to have less flimsy reasoning than other people? I know you know her better than I do but can you explain it for me please
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:12 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 426, scamper wrote:

weak arguments != scum

i think the way she's handling her scumreads and her approach to them is generally very likely to be town, she doesnt need to put herself out in front so much as mafia and the way she is treating her reads makse me think she really believes in them

i don't think ausuka's response to ari is scummy and i'm leaning on it being +town for her too

i'm not scumreading datisi in this exchange, but i am also explicitly *not* townreading him
It's being presented in an incredibly contrived manner.
The approach is terrible logically and is transparantly bad.
Ausuka responded with the type of frustration I'd expect from a townie in this situation.

Why do you think the approach is townie? Because it puts her front and center? That is literally what a charismatic mafia would WANT to do. It's an incredibly powerful position, and I would not be surprised if this kind of position is why the whole ordeal is so convulited in the first place.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:13 am

Post by scamper »

now i feel like the way don is approaching the ari/ausuka argument is scummy
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Ausuka »

weak arguments != scum

I feel like aristeia trying to just lurk as scum probably gets caught by Datisi? From my experience with her as town she tends to put herself in front which probably necessitates doing the same as mafia to some degree?

Idk if I really believe that she believes some of the stuff she was saying tbh
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:16 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 428, Aristeia wrote:like meg I get you are fairly hands off and difficult to read because you don't do much as either alignment and you seem to think it is ok to play the game that way[which fair since not everyone is willing to effort] but it seems hypocritical of you to come in to shade me for "not doing things" when you haven't actually done anything for the entirety of the game.
I've been out of town.
In general I post when I have something to say which isn't all the time.
And my point isn't at you fro not doing anything. My point is what you have been doing feels scum indicative, manipulative, or too convuluted to occur naturally.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Aristeia »

It's actually hilarious that Meg who has the least number of posts of anyone this game is accusing me who has the most posts and engages in real time with multiple people trying to sort them of "not fleshing out reads"

go look up your own iso meg
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 437, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 428, Aristeia wrote:like meg I get you are fairly hands off and difficult to read because you don't do much as either alignment and you seem to think it is ok to play the game that way[which fair since not everyone is willing to effort] but it seems hypocritical of you to come in to shade me for "not doing things" when you haven't actually done anything for the entirety of the game.
I've been out of town.
And my point isn't at you fro not doing anything. My point is what you have been doing feels scum indicative, manipulative, or too convuluted to occur naturally.
Who am I manipulating for what purpose
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:18 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

The fact I can make this arguement is a testament to how bad it is LMAO
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 440, MegAzumarill wrote:The fact I can make this arguement is a testament to how bad it is LMAO
you can write anything you want, it doesn't make it true
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean, now that Don's had his moderator confirmation I'd like him to elaborate on why he sounded so sure the team is me and datisi
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Xayah »

will be here tonight working on a birthday party for the local daycare atm
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:20 am

Post by scamper »

In post 434, MegAzumarill wrote:

weak arguments != scum

It's being presented in an incredibly contrived manner.
The approach is terrible logically and is transparantly bad.
Ausuka responded with the type of frustration I'd expect from a townie in this situation.

Why do you think the approach is townie? Because it puts her front and center? That is literally what a charismatic mafia would WANT to do. It's an incredibly powerful position, and I would not be surprised if this kind of position is why the whole ordeal is so convulited in the first place.
again, you can think her reasoning is contrived and terrible logically but that doesnt make her scum. i think the conviction behind her pushing the read is genuine and her reasoning for it makes sense from her perspective and i dont actually get what your issue with it is supposed to be

no, i dont think a charismtic mafia plays the way ari has, i think charismatic scum players are good at making themselves not be the center of attention. premising it on the idea that "a good scum could play this way" is pretty terrible logic in and of itself. i think that player archetype is actually fairly rare and a player like ari is significantly more likely to take a backseat as scum.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:20 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 439, Aristeia wrote:
In post 437, MegAzumarill wrote:
I've been out of town.
Who am I manipulating for what purpose
To set up a miselim on Ausuka. (Probably not today but in the future)
To try and gain a strong scum prescence in the thread to direct conversations into this issue
To shade in a way that obfuscates your involvement
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 416, scamper wrote: tyhis is verging into theory territory, but i disagree with this. in general i think with more experience a player becomes harder to elim (unless they have a very obvious meta). in a pl like this you can basically predict who the likely elims are regardless of alignment, certain people are just never going to get voted day 1 so the elim is likely to default to someone with less charisma. phoenix is clearly capable of puttin words together nicely but in a table where no one knows his meta he woulsd have been an easy push, imo

(of course, i am currently voting his replacement...)
I agree. The difference between an average player and a newbie would be unnoticable in a game where everyone is playing their part correctly, ala contributing actively regardless of alignment. In the case of an inactive game that forces a PL, then as you said a new player would be easier to off.
In post 418, scamper wrote: this also feels somewhat contrived and arbitrary honestly
with the caveat that i am not stating these are my reads, it is entirely possible for there to be games where active town goes in circles while scum lurks it out, especially when one of the active towns you mentioned is strongly suspecting the other
i'm not scumreading meg but i wouldn't clear them for being inactive...
I'm sorry, that is not possible. The active players are too competent to be circlejerking the entire day, with maybe ari as an exception since i dont know her. And one of them suspecting another means nothing, because i doubt the solve is in that 3 i mentioned, i am simply certain that at least 1 scum is in that group. And suspecting all of them doesnt mean i dont suspect the inactive players, though in this case you are right that i wont go for a morb on an inactive player today, i want to eliminate from the 3 i mentioned.
In post 419, scamper wrote:
In post 313, Donempire wrote:
In post 305, Datisi wrote:
also the scamper scumcase when you can pls
I gave up on it.
why is that?
Like i said above, i want to at the very least clear my suspicions from the active players. And after reading your last few posts you seemed townier, maybe i'll get into it if i can find the time.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Aristeia »

as scum I don't take a backseat I just take thread control and murder anyone I want

I definitely don't telegraph a push from page 1 though lol
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 445, MegAzumarill wrote:To set up a miselim on Ausuka. (Probably not today but in the future)
To try and gain a strong scum prescence in the thread to direct conversations into this issue
To shade in a way that obfuscates your involvement
how am I shading in a way that obfuscates my involvement?

do you think a single player here would doubt who is responsible for Ausuka being yeeted if we yeet Ausuka today or tommorrow?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

like what even is that take