Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Donempire »

I just explained how i came to that conclusion, but okay.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Coral »

You came to that conclusion based on the assumption that she is "concerned" about a rolecop. There's nothing to support that assumption.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Donempire »

Dont see what arguing about this is going to achieve
Formerly Dongempire
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Coral »

If you're drawing conclusions from unsupported assumptions, then those conclusions are unlikely to be meaningful. It benefits town if people in this game are rational and draw rational conclusions. The only way it wouldn't achieve anything is if you are convinced that your mind won't change.

Actually, I don't know why you wouldn't want to change my mind here, if you're so confident that you have the correct view of things? Isn't that something to achieve?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 488, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 481, Aristeia wrote:
In post 477, MegAzumarill wrote:I had a whole hypothetical prepared and everything but you just keep doing it blatantly and if people fail to see that there's not really anything I can do.
(1) I am not trying to kill ausuka - I am stating my theory and giving her notice. If I wanted to kill her I would vote for her and push for others to vote for her.

(2) if ausuka were to die today, it is fairly obvious I am the one who killed her because literally nobody else even seems interested in killing her
You are pushing her. Stop pretending that you are not. It's at the very least disengenuous.

You are acting in a way that would encourage Ausuka to die by elimination. These arguments you make in rebuttal of this point is why I consider it obfuscation, not because of some hypothetical world where you wouldn't be at fault for the death. You are denying what you are doing. Previously you were setting up to deny what you are doing. It is disengenuous

you are wrong
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Donempire »

Coral wrote:If you're drawing conclusions from unsupported assumptions, then those conclusions are unlikely to be meaningful. It benefits town if people in this game are rational and draw rational conclusions. The only way it wouldn't achieve anything is if you are convinced that your mind won't change.

Actually, I don't know why you wouldn't want to change my mind here, if you're so confident that you have the correct view of things? Isn't that something to achieve?
I am convinced that i am right, but when it comes to discussing stuff like "she did x because y" (in this context she thought of rolecop first because shes more likely to be scum), i believe its always going to be futile because whatever i say ausuka would respond with "that wasnt my intention". And i would have no way to disprove that, because we are discussing intentions here instead of something more concrete, like a roleclaim with a known setup. Besides, i am not entirely convinced myself if that is the case, that ausuka thought of rolecop first because shes scum. The best i can say is its more likely than not, and thats about it.
Formerly Dongempire
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Aristeia »

I am stating a theory because if i am right and i do not state it. I would regret it.

If I am right and this town lets them win despite me being right; I would have no regrets.

Many things can happen between now and elo that would prove to me I am wrong. Perhaps we flip a scum that is not in Dats/Ausuka.

I am not pushing for Ausuka to be eliminated, I am not voting for Ausuka. I proposed a bop that nobody accepted.

Your statements are factually wrong.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

also this is just my belief at this current time

i am evaluating everyone's alignments still. perhaps someone will do something scummier. perhaps someone will push and flip a scum and i will have that to re-evaluate

you have literally done nothing in this game other than vote plant on me and say i am scum for something i am not even doing. perhaps you should try to do something useful with your time. or perhaps you can continue hard tunneling me for something that is not even occuring. however if you do flip me; know that is entirely on your own lack of grip on basic reality.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:39 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: datisi

i wanna try this out for a bit
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 503, Coral wrote:If you're drawing conclusions from unsupported assumptions, then those conclusions are unlikely to be meaningful. It benefits town if people in this game are rational and draw rational conclusions. The only way it wouldn't achieve anything is if you are convinced that your mind won't change.

I agree with this. I think it's fairly obvious why I would bring up a Rolecop; a Rolecop is the only role that has a reason to do anything about my claim. A cop can just ignore me and move on.

Idk, I'd be surprised if datisi flipped scum here tbh? I wish I could substantiate it more but I tend to vibe with his takes a lot and like his vibes probably more than anyone else
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Coral »

If he's scum he's pocketing you, so that makes sense :P
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

me, pocketed? preposterous. I'm so good at mafia that's impossible

Yeah I guess it's possible but like idk I don't think it's particularly likely, there are ~reasons~ I'm townreading him that I can't talk about yet? So I would struggle to engage in a debate about it right now, sorry
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Coral »

I think that's fair!

scamper I would like to hear more about how xayah ended up in your strongest town pile, if you don't mind.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:40 am

Post by scamper »

In post 512, Coral wrote:I think that's fair!

scamper I would like to hear more about how xayah ended up in your strongest town pile, if you don't mind.
back on page 10/11 i started to get the impression she really believes the stuff she's saying in an overconfident townie way and isn't really playing in a way that's attempting to be showy/project towniness
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Coral »

yes i gathered that already, I was hoping for more, because that isn't really very convincing to me. is there anything specific you can point to in her posts that you think feels that way, or is it more of a general vibe?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:57 am

Post by scamper »

In post 514, Coral wrote:yes i gathered that already, I was hoping for more, because that isn't really very convincing to me. is there anything specific you can point to in her posts that you think feels that way, or is it more of a general vibe?
not really and i'm not really concerned with convincing you atp, if xayah is in danger of being the lim i might go into it further
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Datisi »

hello. i just came home from a horrible afternoon shift. i will be showering and going to bed as i am working in the morning tomorrow. consider this a mini-v/la. k thx bye.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:40 am

Post by scamper »

take care dats
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Meg who am I even supposed to be manipulating
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 421, MegAzumarill wrote:I honestly have no clue how anything Ari has been doing in the last few pages could come from a town mindset. It's vague, weak, circular arguements for a read that hasn't been fleshed out since day 2.
also if you actually believe me not fleshing a read out = me being scum how do you actually think your play so far in this game is in any way acceptable from a town standpoint?

you've literally engaged 0 slots in anything
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like as funny as it is to go "i have no time to do anything cuz I was riding in a car" it's pretty funny for you to go "aristeia is scum because she didn't flesh out one read"

like really?

Really?

REALLY?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 455, MegAzumarill wrote:The thing is I think Ari knows its bad and is pushing it anyway. That's not what town does. Period.

Charismatic scum players have numerous ways to play and you do realize for a good portion of the game Ari was doing that. They are always completely on the side or one of the biggest forces on the town. I just haven't seen any middle ground and it's jarring in the least.

Ari is charismatic. I'm not saying "a good mafia could do this" I am saying "it is to Ari's benefit as mafia to do what she is currently doing"
what charisma am I even supposed to be using?

Who am I persuading to vote for Ausuka?

like what the hell are you even talking about?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 455, MegAzumarill wrote:Ari is charismatic. I'm not saying "a good mafia could do this" I am saying "it is to Ari's benefit as mafia to do what she is currently doing"

yea i'm sure it makes so much sense for mafia me to be loud and pushy in a game where literally nothing is happening

10/10 analysis meg

really great stuff
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 459, MegAzumarill wrote:Then stop pushing in a way that prompts others to take the action. Die on the hill articulating your case rather than this convuluted take of "oh you have one lim to hit scum or we kill you" It's a dissonant force you put between the two of you which is the type of thing scum would try to do even jf that wasn't an explicit intention.

Like the level of thought you put into this is just so ridiculous.

this is a game where nothing is happening

you have played in games where nothing is happening

mafia do not need to do shit in games where nothing is happening

and here you are insisting that because i'm trying to make things happen and see what it leads to I must be scum

maybe in the future I will just play like absolute garbage and do nothing and be content with losing most of my games so i dont have to get this sort of feedback
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 316, Aristeia wrote:I lowkey think maybe the scum team is just Ausuka/Datisi for ~reasons~ but I want Dats to roll town with me finally so I am going to hope it's just no true ^^
this is the post where I threw out a theory
TODAY
at #316.

We are now at Post 524.

That means we got about 200+ posts of content in ONE DAY on ONE THEORY I THREW OUT.

we had ~300 posts from wednesday -> saturday[4 days] before I threw a hand grenade into the game.

I don't enjoy taking control of threads, I don't like pushing the action.

I prefer people actually doing things on their own. but it doesn't actually happen.

Instead people liek you come in with smug little smiles on their face who have done literally nothing and go "oh i can't possibly imagine how ari's posts could come from a town mindset"

do you even know how to play the game?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”