Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 699, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 695, scamper wrote:i dont actually know how to explain this without meta, which i have been trying to avoid

but this is town!ari, i have seen town!ari act in exactly this way on multiple occasions. ari cares too much and she gets worked up about the game and blows up when she thinks someone is playing badly. none of the way she's played this game is how she plays as scum
And yet you are acting like this should be obvious public knowledge? That's my impression from how you have treated this issue with Done and me.

If you are basing this off of personal experience it seems both unfair and unlikely you would try and assume that same kind of conclusion could be made by another.
I recall a recent game pretty vividly where Ari posted stuff like what she did here as town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 746, MegAzumarill wrote:
Spoiler: For Scamper
I am going to ignore you for the time being. :D :D :D Perhaps we can continue this delightful discussion later! :good: :good: :good:
>:/
Meg did this shit twice now, with Ari and with scamper
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:30 am

Post by scamper »

don't get me wrong, i really dislike it but i don't think it's scum-indicative
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Town for like, actual content:
Donempire, scamper

Town just because:
Coral, Datisi, Ausuka

Not townreading:
Galron, Claire, Meg

catch-up is basically finished so posting my opinions now that it's done
question compilation next
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 902, scamper wrote:don't get me wrong, i really dislike it but i don't think it's scum-indicative
it's extremely passive-aggressive
<Embrace The Void>

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Official Vote Count 1.08
Image this ant has carried a lot of crumbs back to his anthill recently, and his favorite color is blue

EliminationWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to push someone through the dimensional barrier.

Galron
(4): Gamma Emerald, Datisi, MegAzumarill, Donempire
E-1

Datisi
(2): xayah, Ausuka

Donempire
(1): Galron

Xayah
(1): Coral

Not Voting
(1): Scamper

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-08-05 07:46:36).

Player notes:
Play nice
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Outstanding questions:
Spoiler: @Claire
In post 840, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 238, Xayah wrote:
In post 230, Aristeia wrote:she's playing by the philosophy of "post things to avoid death"
Hey, not true I'm used to play 1 irl day phase so this 9 player stuff means I can just kick back and take my time and not have to worry about anything. It's quite a nice change of pace. Although, I do miss the instant results of finding out if I'm correct read wise. My only real strong TR atm is the replacement and Done
Don and Galron are weaker slots atp, why did you TR them?

Spoiler: @Donempire
In post 858, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 308, Donempire wrote:
In post 300, Datisi wrote:meg is still townie. the wiki link was funny but i also find it townie. it doesn't win favours it doesn't "look" townie but it's showing a thought process.

ari is also lowkey townie. the agruing with xayah doesn't do much for her position in game which like. idk why scum!her would care kinda. yes this is directly going against what i said earlier about their convo, fight me

every other slot feels muddy

ama
Interesting, i think he's town as well. The content of his posts arent what convinces me, but rather i think the scum have a stranglehold on the conversation and someone as inactive as him wouldnt be able to manipulate the discourse as much as it has been manipulated. The days are going agonizingly slowly and nothings getting done, even though there have been many opportunities for cross examination and wagons.

Which brings me to the point that of the 3 most active users, meaning ari, you and ausuka, one of you is almost certainly scum. The reason i didnt include xayah is she seems to distanced from the general discourse and seems to be doing her own thing.
who is "he"?
<Embrace The Void>

Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 906, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Spoiler: @Donempire
In post 858, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 308, Donempire wrote:
In post 300, Datisi wrote:meg is still townie. the wiki link was funny but i also find it townie. it doesn't win favours it doesn't "look" townie but it's showing a thought process.

ari is also lowkey townie. the agruing with xayah doesn't do much for her position in game which like. idk why scum!her would care kinda. yes this is directly going against what i said earlier about their convo, fight me

every other slot feels muddy

ama
Interesting, i think he's town as well. The content of his posts arent what convinces me, but rather i think the scum have a stranglehold on the conversation and someone as inactive as him wouldnt be able to manipulate the discourse as much as it has been manipulated. The days are going agonizingly slowly and nothings getting done, even though there have been many opportunities for cross examination and wagons.

Which brings me to the point that of the 3 most active users, meaning ari, you and ausuka, one of you is almost certainly scum. The reason i didnt include xayah is she seems to distanced from the general discourse and seems to be doing her own thing.
who is "he"?
Meg
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

oh
I thought Meg used she/her pronouns but I just checked and it says any
<Embrace The Void>

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Coral »

Hi!

very okay with a hammer on galron, still catching up and will see if there's anything I think needs to be responded to before then
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Coral »

In post 889, scamper wrote:so...i can probably say a little more about all the stuff regarding the miller claim in a bit
We can wait for this too, I think there could be multiple things to talk about
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 901, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 746, MegAzumarill wrote:
Spoiler: For Scamper
I am going to ignore you for the time being. :D :D :D Perhaps we can continue this delightful discussion later! :good: :good: :good:
>:/
Meg did this shit twice now, with Ari and with scamper
Meh, i dont think its scum indicative. Scamper was calling him obtuse, gross, disgusting etc. I'd rather have less discussion than have a unneccesary spat because of a game.
Formerly Dongempire
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Ausuka »

now the game is over I can talk about why I think dats is town here

I can elaborate more I guess but basically it's that I really thought he might be pocketing me even though I liked his posts in that game

Because he townread my miller claim kinda point blank and he agreed with my pushes and was townreading me from the start. I think other people said he might be pocketing me a few times as well

But he was town in that game, so like idk I think we might just be similar players on a vibes level and that's why he can read me and we often have similar views? Does that make sense?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:19 am

Post by scamper »

uh so yeah a game just ended where ausuka was miller and was more or less universally townread through the game, which is why the claim was kind of odd

i was scum in tha game which put me in a awkward position here because i didn't want to spew myself scum in the other game with how i handled the claim or anything, which is why i withheld comment (probably a comment on the dangers of multitabling with player crossover, but the game looked fun and i couldn't resist joining)

sio from that pov i *get* why ari was paranoid of ausuka's claim, that it could be, i dunno, some audacious play as scum but it would still beweird to me to claim miller in a game with a few crossover players, in the hopes they'll townread it ig?

so i'd rather just read ausuka on play and i think from when she was arguing with ari about the claim and getting annoyed at the scumread from ari and calling it a push it was townie
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Coral »

In post 912, Ausuka wrote:now the game is over I can talk about why I think dats is town here

I can elaborate more I guess but basically it's that I really thought he might be pocketing me even though I liked his posts in that game

Because he townread my miller claim kinda point blank and he agreed with my pushes and was townreading me from the start. I think other people said he might be pocketing me a few times as well

But he was town in that game, so like idk I think we might just be similar players on a vibes level and that's why he can read me and we often have similar views? Does that make sense?
I don't know how much I agree with that reasoning. I think he responded to the Miller claim in the way that would be expected of him as town, which could just mean he's town, but there's a sort of... unspoken sharing of secret knowledge there that kind of creates a bond, you know? It isn't something that inherently has an malignant motivation behind it (I kind of responded in a similar way), but it is an excellent way to create a pocket in the early game, even if it's unintentional or a benign one.

That specifically was what made me worry about Datisi. I could easily see him as scum using that little interaction to get on your side early and then continue to share similar views with you in a way that would remind you of your previous game. I don't think I'm
that
worried about it anymore, at least for now, but I would personally caution against townreading him for that here.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:27 am

Post by scamper »

i think he's probably town anyway, assuming galron is mafia
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Coral »

I think that's most likely.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Donempire »

Im fine with hammer now
Formerly Dongempire
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:38 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: Galron
not actually skitter.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Datisi »

hold on i wanna give my thoughts on the miller stuff before we do
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Datisi »

lmao that pedit
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Coral »

In post 182, Coral wrote:It's not that there's anything inherently wrong, but the manner in which you did it feels awkward. In one sentence you express 3 different opinions on Phoenix: "I think Phoenix is fine (now do they deserve the amount of TR's they have that's another topic) but I disagree with this being a reason to TR them". It feels like you are defending Phoenix, while also scrutinizing reasons for TRing them, while also misreading the gamestate as overly townreading them, while also vaguely criticizing all of those TRs (which don't exist) without going into why.

In the second post: Hm, alright I'm willing to go along with this read for now. I didn't really catch on how much Pho was becoming a common wolfread. But they're not really in my "I would vote today" tier anyway.", you accept my townread, accept that they are being scumread more than you realized, and then for some reason feel the need to emphasize that you don't actually want to vote them?

It feels over-explained, I guess. Like you feel some need to make sure you have the right thoughts put out there on this slot even if they don't quite fit into the context of what's being discussed. My instinctive reaction is actually that it feels partnered, but I'm not really sure if I buy into that, so for now I'll just stick with thinking that it feels off.
Remembering this post has me excited about the idea of Galron/Xayah :)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:40 am

Post by scamper »

In post 919, Datisi wrote:hold on i wanna give my thoughts on the miller stuff before we do
sorry >.>
not actually skitter.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

yeah idk i wouldn't have much confidence in any of my reads anyway so like, it's whatever
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Datisi »

i townread miller claims bc i've never seen scum claim miller so even if they theoretically could do so, it's more likely they didn't imho

it's a good starting point at least

and i often do come across as pockety towards the players i townread. spoiler alert it is because i AM pocketing them. i do want my townreads to townread me.

i am not a fan of that coral post regarding my possible intentions behind my actions w ausuka, but i'll think about it later i'm tired rn

or never if i/she die tonight

anyway yeah ok that's that
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”