Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 997, Ausuka wrote:
In post 953, MegAzumarill wrote:Xayah is my thought for partner atm. I feel like the 180 last minute feels like scum trying to catch the bus last minute.
The done kill is interesting, haven't considered the ramifications yet.
Is it overthinking to call this towny? I mean I'm not sure scum meg plays exactly this way. Like, definitely I can see them townreading scamper, but it feels like they're placing more of an emphasis on towncasing scamper vs scumcasimg xayah, whereas I feel like it's more intuitive for scum to do it in reverse. Does that make sense?
ehh... i lowkey got tmi vibes from their towncase post on scamper. because scum rn has to have reads anyway, and i think (1) it's easier to make correct townreads than scumreads, (2) it's easier to stay consistent with them, especially if you're towncasing someone who obviously isn't among the first people on the chopping block
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Datisi »

post #1000 is mine
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Ehh I guess so? It's easy to do but I feel like scum in Meg's position is probably feeling slightly trapped and wants to get miselims done more than anything? But I haven't been scum in like literally three years so maybe my reads just suck
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:20 pm

Post by Datisi »

i mean
they're voting xayah, no?

i don't think scum wants to make a huge ass scumcase on a townie that people wanna kill anyway because (1) effort (2) it draws attention and can backfire later
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 987, scamper wrote:
In post 952, Ausuka wrote:
In post 938, scamper wrote:see ausuka, your reads dont suck
You're just saying this to mitigate the massive wave of paranoia I am going to direct towards you :P
no i just felt bad cuz you were down on yourself after that game and i didnt think you were terrible, there was a lot of stuff outside your control and its not good to beat yourself up too much after a loss. and you really did have a good read on phoenix right away here!

paranoia away tho! i dont particularly think i should be cleared off anything i did toward phoenix/galron day 1, there are a lot of people who are significantly townier than me

i do have a reason im town but im not sure how convincing it will be, hopefully it doesnt matter
Hmm I would like to ask what stuff you felt was out of my control and what I should have done better because I'm interested in improving my game if I can but have no idea how to go about like evaluating what I did wrong and should do better?? But that's probably a topic for like... Outside this game thread

pedit: eh I guess maybe? I could argue why I feel like it makes sense for scum to do that here but the fact you think that way makes it possible meg would think that way, so
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 586, scamper wrote:
In post 585, Datisi wrote:
In post 508, scamper wrote:VOTE: datisi

i wanna try this out for a bit
okay

have you learned anything from this vote by the reactions of others and is there anything you want me to respond to / look at
no, i just wanted to get your attention

i'm not scumreading u per se but i'm not townreading u and was hoping that talking with you would help with actually sorting u
i'm rereading the game around this part and i get the vibe this is town!scamper. something feels counterintuitive to me about attacking me while both them and me are saying that ari is town for the meltdown and that ari/ausuka is t/t. bot not actually attacking me but ~pushing to sort me~. and then a few posts later () saying that they don't think me/galron makes and sense and that they don't even wanna kill me day 1.

this kind of "being all over the place" feels more likely to come from a town mindset rather than a scum one, i feel. because scum is obviously aware of who is town who is scum, and their informedness acts like a brake for making posts that jump all over the place like this, and lowkey act as shooting yourself in the foot on one front. and you could say "but scamper good at scum" yes i know. it still feels unlikely to do because this is not something that classically gets you towncred, but it does limit your future pushes. so.

lmk if i need to explain this better
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 602, Xayah wrote:Done/Ari
Meg
Galron/Scramper/Coral
Datisi/Aus

Exactly 1 in the bottom row
i do still want explanations for the scumreads, as well as an answer to why you were townreading galron earlier on in the game
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1005, Datisi wrote:

okay

have you learned anything from this vote by the reactions of others and is there anything you want me to respond to / look at

i'm not scumreading u per se but i'm not townreading u and was hoping that talking with you would help with actually sorting u
i'm rereading the game around this part and i get the vibe this is town!scamper. something feels counterintuitive to me about attacking me while both them and me are saying that ari is town for the meltdown and that ari/ausuka is t/t. bot not actually attacking me but ~pushing to sort me~. and then a few posts later () saying that they don't think me/galron makes and sense and that they don't even wanna kill me day 1.

this kind of "being all over the place" feels more likely to come from a town mindset rather than a scum one, i feel. because scum is obviously aware of who is town who is scum, and their informedness acts like a brake for making posts that jump all over the place like this, and lowkey act as shooting yourself in the foot on one front. and you could say "but scamper good at scum" yes i know. it still feels unlikely to do because this is not something that classically gets you towncred, but it does limit your future pushes. so.

I think this makes sense

Hopefully it's just xayah and we can all go home
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Datisi »

i feel like it's meg because their play kind of just *fits* with what i'd assume buddy-with-galron would be doing. his slot started getting negative attention pretty early on in the game. your partner going down d1 is bad, in a micro normal it's Bad because you could just get fucked over with tprs. but i don't think there was anything to actually townread galron *on*, so what do you do? you hope for distractions. you stir up shit and hope people go to other slots. and i'm reminded now that meg did that both with ari in ausuka/ari, and with scamper.

this usually wouldn't be an issue by itself, but the fact that the arguments they've made about those two were not very good and were consistently getting called out as not very good and just kinda feel inflammatory is hm.

like, i guESS it's possible the partner was just not here and/or not doing anything to stop the wagon but i feel like it's somewhat unlikely both scum just decided to flop because. idk because the universe doesn't like me that much.
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Idk maybe? I feel like the way meg pushed those people doesn't really feel like creating distractions though. Like they're not easy pushes to make... They go after Aristeia and scamper which just leads to them getting into two scrapfights and getting ignored because like, obviously scum Meg wouldn't be able to push through a miselim on these people? Like, I just think it would be a kind of strange approach to take, and during their fight I kind of got the vibes Meg was genuinely frustrated. Again, I don't know how my viewpoint is impacted by being pushed by Aristeia
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:56 pm

Post by Datisi »

ik they're not easy pushes to make. but was anyone an easy push back there?

(also something something refuge in audacity but i might be biased here idk)
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I think me, done and xayah definitely would classify as significantly easier to push

I wouldn't call you an easy push in general but I think you were attracting quite a bit of suspicion as well
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

disagree on you and me but hm. i think the difference is that the people they were pushing were already in arguments and that they thought they could manufacture better arguments against them than say you or me.

that said, i am getting the feeling i'm trying to fit the facts into my theory rather than the other way around, so i'm gonna take a break and see what others think before deciding how i feel about it.
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by Ausuka »

That would make sense for scum Meg to some extent but I don't think so *specifically* if they are trying to manufacture alternatives to Galron like you're saying
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:22 am

Post by scamper »

In post 994, Coral wrote:If I were good then I wouldn't have gotten you off track with my post about Don :(

I was hoping we could wagon Xayah together after , but alas
mmm, i just wasnt sure it was actually scummy versus, like, delusional overconfidence
In post 995, Ausuka wrote:
In post 989, scamper wrote:i think the points against xayah are fair-ish im just not sure phoenix makes her his first real push

and i want to note that coral kind of similarly had phoe/galron in poe-ish position but always higher than other people

but maybe i am reading too much into things. i'll see what xayah says.
I see where you're coming from here and this is a point in her favour - tbh overnight I was thinking it was more likely you than Xayah because of that - but also like... I think scum voting each other particularly early game is just not that rare actually and although Phoenix seems like uh, quite a by the book player as you say I'm just not sure it's wise to rule it out
fair enuf! yeah i'm not sure especially that it's clearing anymore, either, and rereading xayah i dont have good reason to townread her individually
In post 997, Ausuka wrote:
In post 953, MegAzumarill wrote:Xayah is my thought for partner atm. I feel like the 180 last minute feels like scum trying to catch the bus last minute.
The done kill is interesting, haven't considered the ramifications yet.
Is it overthinking to call this towny? I mean I'm not sure scum meg plays exactly this way. Like, definitely I can see them townreading scamper, but it feels like they're placing more of an emphasis on towncasing scamper vs scumcasimg xayah, whereas I feel like it's more intuitive for scum to do it in reverse. Does that make sense?
im not sure that in and of itself makes sense necessarily, i think when youre down to being the last scum standing its always easier to clear people than make scumcases, however i still believe meg generally is just townie and their reads and commitment to them are real even if i found them, uh, difficult on day 1
In post 999, Ausuka wrote:I felt like coral had a decent amount of presence, although I guess it's possible she was more so interacting with me?

Idk I don't know if I'm married to the argument I was making there I just don't feel like it's coral >.>
I guess like... I can buy that scum would townread phoenix there but I feel like coral would do something more like xayah, where they go for the hard townread, than do a waffly looking townlean which is like Classic Partner Read?
yea, this is also a good point, i hadnt really looked at xayahs posts more closely
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:43 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1004, Ausuka wrote:Hmm I would like to ask what stuff you felt was out of my control and what I should have done better because I'm interested in improving my game if I can but have no idea how to go about like evaluating what I did wrong and should do better?? But that's probably a topic for like... Outside this game thread
yeaa i woulda msged u about it but didnt want to have any outside contact that might potentially compromise this one, after this game is over i will
not actually skitter.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1014, scamper wrote:im not sure that in and of itself makes sense necessarily, i think when youre down to being the last scum standing its always easier to clear people than make scumcases
Fair enough, I don't really remember what it was like to be in that position anymore, so
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1005, Datisi wrote:

okay

this is basically close to my argument as to why im town, i think my play in my scumgame was significantly more "in control" in terms of what i did and how i reacted to things
not actually skitter.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think I could see xayah being like demotivated here as scum? Like especially d1 she goes for the hard tr on phoenix slot, he replaced out and the replacement kind of just does nothing and gets eliminated. I could see why it might be sorta difficult to bring yourself to effort in that situation?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

Although I guess she might have just been busy when the thread blew up idk

I still don't townread anything in her iso and multiple things in there baffle me so I think this is a pretty good vote for today, I don't really have much deeper thoughts than that tbh
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*stomp*
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*stomp*
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*stomp*
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*stomp*
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*stomp*

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”