Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 289, Juice wrote:if Elmk has been replaced then this whole game is a clusterfuck for me now. what a waste of time
I do also kind of feel this way. I had a question I wanted to ask him. Mainly his thoughts on AlwaysNever which never came.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 298, Juice wrote:if my main scumread is being repped out - it basically takes me back to square one. Because a new player, shouldn't really be judged for reads given out from just Day one.
I am willing to give the replacement a shot. I am leaning on voting spartan or goldfish out today more atm. Spartan mainly because I don't see the arguments (him not piling on me) as having a lot of weight behind them and goldfish reads as scummy so far, especially the line about not bullshitting scumreads, which appears to have been refuted by FP.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Juice »

In post 301, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 289, Juice wrote:if Elmk has been replaced then this whole game is a clusterfuck for me now. what a waste of time
I do also kind of feel this way. I had a question I wanted to ask him. Mainly his thoughts on AlwaysNever which never came.
this sort of the point - why its majorly annoying. On Day 3 or Day 4. I rep is limited in what they can say - Day 1 they can get away with just throwing hands up and saying "Wasn't me."

But I still sus the slot
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Rad »

Alright I see what you're saying now juice.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Spartan117 »

I am just re-reading through the thread and commenting on any posts that ping me in particular. If anyone has anything specific they would like me to answer or respond to what either I missed or hasn't been asked yet please let me know.
In post 53, Bulbazoor wrote:I am not getting town vibes from anyone but I lowkey like Rad so far
Spartan not so much
Interesting that Bulba didnt like my content at this point especially in comparison to Rad when we were both having some RVS shenanigans, I don't see a whole lot different to mine and Rads posts at this point on page 3 to make this distinction. Although I do like Rads play so agree with this town read.
In post 56, Juice wrote:I do think the person who instantly unvoted a L1 - wanted to be seen as town by their action even if it was during a random voting sequence.
Agreed I did think this was very weird from Elemk.

Fancy is very assertive and pushy with his posts which I think is good and tonally feels like coming from hyper investigative town although I have seen this behaviour played by scum. In fact in my last game with Rad, who will remember well how similarly BBT played in his assertiveness, questioning and challenging everyone and was one of the main scum I called out day 1. Now I am not saying this is the same thing as BBT was much more wagon happy and was very eager to jump on/start wagons and eliminate people with little cause, which I think most saw as him trying to get reactions and push people which is the townie method I think he was emulating. I just don't see hyper activity pushing everyone as getting instant townie points from me.

I have been called out myself for LAMIST behaviour in previous games as town because of playing very active and questioning everyone on things, it is ideal for scum to try to emulate this behaviour because if they are questioning everyone its very hard for town to pair them with anyone and of course makes them look very town.
In post 78, Bulbazoor wrote:And also, we have 8 days. Do you think I would really not scumhunt for those eight days?
Just a headsup that we don't necessarily get 8 days if someone is voted off before then, I fully get your sentiment on us taking our time, I personally like to feel a game out and not rush things too much but if things get too stale and drawn out you get too many people lurking and avoiding questions.
In post 83, Bulbazoor wrote:It is more that spartan accused me of appeasement when I would be providing reads soon anyway.
Why does it matter that I shared my opinion on how I saw your post, when I make a post I cant take your future posts into account can I?
In post 84, FancyPants wrote:I actually think you're probably town. Voting 5 times and expressing a "I don't give a F#%& attitude." strikes me as tonally town but I wanted to interact with you to try and sort you correctly.
@FP tell me, why does this behaviour give you a town read on Rad but not me? interesting how both you and bulba came to this same conclusion
In post 121, Bulbazoor wrote:I am seeing how FancyPants can be town. He helped us move out of the RVS stage pretty much.
Taking the game out of RVS doesnt make that person town especially when they are dictating the conversation, scum win games based off dictating the conversation alone.
In post 122, FancyPants wrote:As for my reads none are set in stone - as you said it's early - but I'm willing to defend and discuss any read you'd like to talk about.
Very townie mindset to have, although not impossible to emulate.
In post 124, AlwaysNever wrote:If I have to put money into someone being town, my gut would say Rad or Juice.
Agreed on Rad, still unsure about Juice.
In post 133, Bulbazoor wrote:@spartan: How would I have had any reads to commit to when a lot of the people had only posted an RVS vote and some is getting prodded? And, like I said to Fancy, you assume my reads are static? It is day 3. We have seven days left. I feel like it is better to say someone isn't committing to anything when it is closer to the deadline.
At the point of this post it is page 6, by that point there is more than enough posts to be able to form reads. I never said you had to have a read on everyone. I was referring to your overall play of making reads that I read as being static such that you was too scared to commit as your wouldn't be able to change the read. We don't have to wait to nearer the deadline to call someone out if we feel they aren't committing to anything, town should want there to be time for them to respond as they don't know they are scum, where as scum it would be ideal to call someone out nearer the deadline and apply pressure so they have less time to respond and can be pushed for elimination.
In post 148, FancyPants wrote:Looking for pairs is unhelpful but a town tell IMO.
Why is looking for pairs so early on useful for town to do in your opinion? would it not look more like asking questions that are in no way able to be effectively answered to seem active and driving content?
In post 154, FancyPants wrote:I'm pretty confident about my town game though, haven't lost a town game in a while.
What's your effectiveness as scum?
In post 164, FancyPants wrote:I'm of the opinion that looking for pairs before we have actually seen any alignments is largely pointless
If you think its pointless why does it give you a town tell when AN asked about it?

I like ANs breakdown of their reads in their good detail feel very genuine.
In post 209, FancyPants wrote:It basically seems to boil down to 'no real content' which is somewhat true but the same can be said of almost everyone in this game. At least he's given his thoughts, made a decent point about Spartan and actually placed a vote.
How can it be said that there is no real content from almost everyone in the game, Rad, Juice, AlwaysNever and Bulba have all produced lots of content by this point to put Elemk in the same bracket as them is just lazy.

You state he has made a decent point about me, please elaborate on that what part of the following is an actual point on me?
In post 180, Elemk wrote:128 is interesting to me. I like his previous post 126 because I agree with the logic he expresses. I don't like 128 because he alludes to some sort of "master plan" without actually expressing anything, the exact thing he then accuses bulba of doing? He states he is being "chaotic", which I see in his earlier posts, but they are RVS posts and isnt't that the whole point of the RVS stage? However, I again like the logic of the last sentence. Slight scum lean for me
He states he likes my post 126, and agrees with my logic, it seems the whole basis of his scum read on me is based on a joke I made relating to my previous game with Rad that had not been fully explained, which is nothing to do with what I was talking to Bulba about so his point is factually incorrect. he then ends his point saying
slight scum lean for me
and this was his whole basis for his vote in a following post with no further analysis or reasoning and you support it FP, it feels to me like you never bothered to review what his read was based on before you supported it.

FP I am not sure if you are supporting Elemk because he is agreeing with you or you are scum and want to encourage him to stay on your side? Surely it would be too obvious for you two to be the scum team right?
In post 222, FancyPants wrote:Spartan you promised to name the scum team here:
By the end of in game Day 1, we still have time,
In post 224, Bulbazoor wrote:I think this is a very big reach. So town can never be pissed at being voted incorrectly?
Of course they can be pissed at being voted but it is more common for scum to be frustrated when they are voted as they are trying to look town and if they are being sussed it feels more frustrating as they are putting more effort in to look town than town should be. It also felt very much like an excuse to get out of any reaction to any future pressure which as town you shouldn't be afraid of. Also you didnt say once or twice having a reaction, you specified yourself on having a knee jerk reaction
any time
you are voted.

I would have placed my vote on Elemk but since he is being replaced I will hold my vote until I have investigated further.
For now.
UNVOTE:

Overall reads/leans at this point in time
Rad - Town read
Juice/AlwaysNever - Town read
Bulba - town lean
FancyPants - there is a lot to evaluate here feels townie through general inquisitiveness but could be strong scum, hmm
Elemk - Scum read

I have not seen enough from Cat and Goldfish to get a read on them. Will read their ISOs tomorrow and whatever else happens until then.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 305, Spartan117 wrote:Interesting that Bulba didnt like my content at this point especially in comparison to Rad when we were both having some RVS shenanigans, I don't see a whole lot different to mine and Rads posts at this point on page 3 to make this distinction. Although I do like Rads play so agree with this town read.
Looking back, your lines during the RVS stage do not seem as bad. I am willing to admit that that was not a well-thought-out read. It was more of a gut read. I did take issue with post . This is where I felt that you were taking advantage of how I was playing at that stage in the game and piling on to me because you possibly saw me as an easy lynch. What reasoning would you expect from me during the RVS stage on page 3 where we were definitely still at the RVS stage? To me, it seems like having any sort of reasoning at that stage for any read would be easier for scum.
In post 305, Spartan117 wrote:Just a headsup that we don't necessarily get 8 days if someone is voted off before then, I fully get your sentiment on us taking our time, I personally like to feel a game out and not rush things too much but if things get too stale and drawn out you get too many people lurking and avoiding questions.
Interesting how you say this but then say
In post 305, Spartan117 wrote:By the end of in game Day 1, we still have time,
Wouldn't you outing your proposed team produce new points of discussion?
In post 305, Spartan117 wrote:Taking the game out of RVS doesnt make that person town especially when they are dictating the conversation, scum win games based off dictating the conversation alone.
I guess you are correct about this, but the main reason for my town read on them is the lengths they went to verify the meta goldfish commented on. I don't think that would really come from scum. If goldfish is scum especially.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 306, Bulbazoor wrote:Wouldn't you outing your proposed team produce new points of discussion?
Agreed, very good point, i just dont want to rush and comit to it until I'm sure, I dont plan on doing it right at the end of the day, I just havnt spent enough time analysing interactions between players yet, for example if everyone thinks Elemk is scum it would make me think maybe he's not because I would think that ScumElemks partner would be trying to change the conversation or deflecting even if only done subtly (which funnily enough we have actually seen from FancyPants) now I'm not saying they are my proposed scum team I need more time to read through before I comit.

Additionally for reference the whole plan thing that i referenced was about me doing it nearer the deadline to mirror last game where I was heavily sussed, someone else got eliminated and then I was the night 1 night kill, which I was playing into with that whole thing of that.

Also my point about not necessarily having 8 days left to post as if someone's elimed the days over was more game mechanics rather than anything else, just to make sure you was aware.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:40 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 306, Bulbazoor wrote:guess you are correct about this, but the main reason for my town read on them is the lengths they went to verify the meta goldfish commented on. I don't think that would really come from scum. If goldfish is scum especially.
I dont really know what to say about goldfish and cat at the moment, both havnt produced much in the way of reads and actual content, which doesn't make them necessarily scum because I mysekf hadn't produced a whole lot previously and I know I'm town, and they seem to be sussing each other two so I don't see that they would be a scum team I could defo see it being one of goldfish, cat or Ekemk and someone else. That's where I'm kinda at atm
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:50 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 284, FancyPants wrote: I still really don't like Goldfish if I was a dayvig I'd elim her right now, no questions asked.

I'd like @Spartan to weigh in on Goldfish.
I'd also like Cat and Goldfish to properly weigh in on each other.
In post 13, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 9, Spartan117 wrote:My Sus-ometer is going off I think I've found one of them VOTE: GoldfishFromTheMoon Rad do you want to join me?
In post 10, Rad wrote:Absolutely. Scum cannot be allowed to live.

VOTE: GoldfishFromTheMoon
I swear I get RVS'ed in every game I join, I must have a particularly suspicious username or something. That or I'm always scum :wink:
This is NAI for her.
In post 230, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 226, FancyPants wrote:They've all done what I expect of scum in newbies - that is not commit on scum reads at all, and throw out some token town reads.

In my opinion scum have trouble manufacturing scum hunting as they know whatever they say is essentially bullshit, even wrong opinions about who the scum are show intent. I've seen very little real scum hunting intent from those 3.
I'd like to point you to some of my previous games on this site, and point out that I'm not entierly new to the game of mafia and I'm actually not bad at bullshitting scumreads, it's a lot easier to make content out of nothing as scum than it is to actually work out whether what people are saying is really suspicious or if it's their playstyle or random and NAI.

If I was scum I'd be posting a LOT more reads because I know that not voting/scumreading people early on gets me scumread.
She has said stuff like 'If I was scum I would be more agressive/xyz' before and she's been town IIRC but as scum I think she would be likely to say this anyway, especially with me playing to try and seem town. I can tell you she does believe that its not hard to BS reads as scum.

Those were really the only posts from her ISO that interested me. The nothing scumread on me I didn't like but also sadly NAI. Her level of activity is also NAI. Basically its a bunch of NAI however normally by this point she's said at least something that would make me think she was town so right now she's probably on the scummier side, also POE.
@FancyPants I don't really get why you 'really don't like Goldfish' seems rather extreme based off very little, especially the 'no questions asked' bit, thats not what town wants in mafia. I don't see anything that could make you so sure besides how you think inactive or emojis is scummy, which I dont agree with.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:51 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Right now my readlist is:
Townlean: Juice

Townish: Rad, AlwaysNever, Spartan, FancyPants

Null: Goldfish, Elmek (there are some scummy things about Elmek but the most recent post reads to me like town annoyance, I think we need to give the rep a fair shot), Bulba (I do not know how to read them)

I know there are no scum reads but you are gonna have to take it or leave it. For practical purposes townish can be null and null can be scummy but that is not how I feel. I am fine voting any of the null today. I still need to ISO some people in 'townish'.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
AlwaysNever
AlwaysNever
Townie
AlwaysNever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:30 pm

Post by AlwaysNever »

I didn't manage to make time for the last part of my gutreads (Bulba and FP), and unsure if I'll get the time to do so for today as well... so I'll just reply to questions targeted to me for now.
In post 284, FancyPants wrote:@AlwaysNever, Why couldn't Juice be Town targeting Elemk town, I didn't understand what you meant? You mentioned you thought scum-juice could be tunneling Elemk but NOT why if Juice was town, Elemk wasn't.
Also if your opinions change it doesn't really matter to me you still have to justify why you
used
to have a certain opinion.

-snip-
For why if Juice is Town, Elemk wasn't, it would be because I think the way Juice is pressuring Elemk indicate they do not belong to the same side, but I see now that the slot is open, my opinions on it might change yet again.

And I
did
justify my opinion to the best of my abilities, at least for the Spartan case. If you feel like that is unsatisfactory or you can't understand it... I don't really know what else I can say?
In post 296, Rad wrote:
In post 280, AlwaysNever wrote:Amended gutreads, now individuals-based instead of paired-based:
Rad - I didn't like how his mind went when he sussed me out for basically asking about possible pairings, and specifically mentioning that this look like scum hunting masons.
So you agree with my suggestion enough to start listing your reads as individuals instead of pairs, but believe it was scummy (and maybe even a scum slip!?) that I even suggested it in the first place?

What?
I can still agree with your suggestion and think that it is scummy behavior, no? :D
In post 283, Bulbazoor wrote:: I see you are online now AlwaysNever. What in particular leads you to think "you are too scared to commit to anything" can only come from town!spartan? To me, scum!spartan can also use that as a way to prey on my indecisiveness at that point in the game.

: You say that he did not immediately pile on me. It seems to me like he did join a BW that had been building up at that point (Votecount post ). That seems like "piling on" to me.

: I do tend to read more individual-based as that is my preferred method. I actually liked rad more when he questioned your method of reading the game based on possible pairs. I agree that rad is a townlean so far. You and I both seem to be waiting for spartan and his "gameplay" he has planned. It seems like elemk is an implied scumlean for you.
I was up to deepdive into both you and FP's ISO, but didn't manage to finish it in time. For the first point, I think the fact that when I made that post, he didn't pressure you further by either voting you or making out your indecisiveness as part of scummy behaviour, or even calling out your statements as a scumslip. Later on, he did the latter, so that is why I said to FP that I have changed my mind

For the second point, I made that post before he started to pile on you, and yeah, now that behavior from him does not reconcile with what views I had on him, I agree.

The third point, I do agree that individuals based are better, but before I was reading pairs because of how early it was and the lack of content to differentiate the players, so I put people together that has some connection with each other (Rad/Spartan with their RVS pairing, and later, post-RVS "plans", or FP/Juice debacle) because it was easier for me to analyze them like that. Now that the game has progressed so far that there is varied content, I began moving to read them individually. It make sense for me, at least, to do it like that
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 311, AlwaysNever wrote:I didn't manage to make time for the last part of my gutreads (Bulba and FP), and unsure if I'll get the time to do so for today as well... so I'll just reply to questions targeted to me for now.
In post 284, FancyPants wrote:@AlwaysNever, Why couldn't Juice be Town targeting Elemk town, I didn't understand what you meant? You mentioned you thought scum-juice could be tunneling Elemk but NOT why if Juice was town, Elemk wasn't.
Also if your opinions change it doesn't really matter to me you still have to justify why you
used
to have a certain opinion.

-snip-
For why if Juice is Town, Elemk wasn't, it would be because I think the way Juice is pressuring Elemk indicate they do not belong to the same side, but I see now that the slot is open, my opinions on it might change yet again.

And I
did
justify my opinion to the best of my abilities, at least for the Spartan case. If you feel like that is unsatisfactory or you can't understand it... I don't really know what else I can say?
OK this makes no sense. Juice could have just been wrong and Elemk could be town. I don't see how a townie can possibly know that two people are on opposite sides - that one of them
must
be scum out of the pair.
The fact that Elemk is getting replaced is totally irrelevant to this.

For what it's worth I'm high suspicious of you know, I may have missed you in my initial town sweep.

I also think you've generally been appeasing in your responses, changing your mind about pairs when pressed. It feels like you're trying to keep Rad and I happy with your responses.

FOS: AlwaysNever

I'd vote you if I wasn't already voting scum Goldfish.

I'm separating my posts to address different people.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:17 am

Post by FancyPants »

Spartan made a big post and asks a number of questions about me, I'll try to isolate them below:
In post 305, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 84, FancyPants wrote:I actually think you're probably town. Voting 5 times and expressing a "I don't give a F#%& attitude." strikes me as tonally town but I wanted to interact with you to try and sort you correctly.
@FP tell me, why does this behaviour give you a town read on Rad but not me? interesting how both you and bulba came to this same conclusion
In post 122, FancyPants wrote:As for my reads none are set in stone - as you said it's early - but I'm willing to defend and discuss any read you'd like to talk about.
Very townie mindset to have, although not impossible to emulate.
In post 148, FancyPants wrote:Looking for pairs is unhelpful but a town tell IMO.
Why is looking for pairs so early on useful for town to do in your opinion? would it not look more like asking questions that are in no way able to be effectively answered to seem active and driving content?
In post 154, FancyPants wrote:I'm pretty confident about my town game though, haven't lost a town game in a while.
In post 164, FancyPants wrote:I'm of the opinion that looking for pairs before we have actually seen any alignments is largely pointless
If you think its pointless why does it give you a town tell when AN asked about it?

I like ANs breakdown of their reads in their good detail feel very genuine.
In post 209, FancyPants wrote:It basically seems to boil down to 'no real content' which is somewhat true but the same can be said of almost everyone in this game. At least he's given his thoughts, made a decent point about Spartan and actually placed a vote.
How can it be said that there is no real content from almost everyone in the game, Rad, Juice, AlwaysNever and Bulba have all produced lots of content by this point to put Elemk in the same bracket as them is just lazy.

You state he has made a decent point about me, please elaborate on that what part of the following is an actual point on me?
In post 180, Elemk wrote:128 is interesting to me. I like his previous post 126 because I agree with the logic he expresses. I don't like 128 because he alludes to some sort of "master plan" without actually expressing anything, the exact thing he then accuses bulba of doing? He states he is being "chaotic", which I see in his earlier posts, but they are RVS posts and isnt't that the whole point of the RVS stage? However, I again like the logic of the last sentence. Slight scum lean for me
He states he likes my post 126, and agrees with my logic, it seems the whole basis of his scum read on me is based on a joke I made relating to my previous game with Rad that had not been fully explained, which is nothing to do with what I was talking to Bulba about so his point is factually incorrect. he then ends his point saying
slight scum lean for me
and this was his whole basis for his vote in a following post with no further analysis or reasoning and you support it FP, it feels to me like you never bothered to review what his read was based on before you supported it.

FP I am not sure if you are supporting Elemk because he is agreeing with you or you are scum and want to encourage him to stay on your side? Surely it would be too obvious for you two to be the scum team right?
Individual questions are:

I actually did give you some early town points, but you flaked where-as Rad followed it up with posts I liked.

I don't think looking for pairs is useful and said as much - that said I think looking for pairs is a common town way of thinking, so I do think people trying to figure out pairs is a slightly town mindset. More experienced players generally know this doesn't work before flips.

Bad, I usually replace out or get lynched. I have no interest in playing scum, I mostly play the game to "play detective" the deception side of the game doesn't interest me. I will try harder next time I get scum, but I struggle to feign interest usually. In contrast I've never been lynched as town.

I explain this above.

He didn't like the post where you said you'd hero solve the game day 1 etc, I didn't like it either at the time. You have since explained it was essentially an inside joke with Rad.

I'm supporting Elemk because the case on them is
total garbage
Now listen. Contrary to what I've said I'm not a perfect scum hunting God (just near-perfect). I could be totally wrong about Elemk, but I don't see a case, it boils down to two things:
- His unvoting in the RVS after worrying about an early lynch (to me this is NAI at worst).
- His read post where he gave some game information without giving too many real suss'es (the only sus he gave was you) - I'm referring to this post: . I didn't think there was anything wrong with that post and the original sus was based on a misunderstanding where people thought he hadn't mentioned your name (he didn't) but he quotes you with posts making it explicit who he's talking about.

That's it. I'd still like anyone to elaborate, the fact that Goldfish jumped on this wagon is one of the reasons she's scum.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 am

Post by FancyPants »

I kinda like Cat's latest post, but I can't entirely trust her assessment of Goldfish as they could also both be scum. They also seem to both just have NAI reads on each other so their meta knowledge hasn't been useful yet.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:51 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 309, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 284, FancyPants wrote: I still really don't like Goldfish if I was a dayvig I'd elim her right now, no questions asked.

I'd like @Spartan to weigh in on Goldfish.
I'd also like Cat and Goldfish to properly weigh in on each other.
In post 13, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 9, Spartan117 wrote:My Sus-ometer is going off I think I've found one of them VOTE: GoldfishFromTheMoon Rad do you want to join me?
In post 10, Rad wrote:Absolutely. Scum cannot be allowed to live.

VOTE: GoldfishFromTheMoon
I swear I get RVS'ed in every game I join, I must have a particularly suspicious username or something. That or I'm always scum :wink:
This is NAI for her.
In post 230, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 226, FancyPants wrote:They've all done what I expect of scum in newbies - that is not commit on scum reads at all, and throw out some token town reads.

In my opinion scum have trouble manufacturing scum hunting as they know whatever they say is essentially bullshit, even wrong opinions about who the scum are show intent. I've seen very little real scum hunting intent from those 3.
I'd like to point you to some of my previous games on this site, and point out that I'm not entierly new to the game of mafia and I'm actually not bad at bullshitting scumreads, it's a lot easier to make content out of nothing as scum than it is to actually work out whether what people are saying is really suspicious or if it's their playstyle or random and NAI.

If I was scum I'd be posting a LOT more reads because I know that not voting/scumreading people early on gets me scumread.
She has said stuff like 'If I was scum I would be more agressive/xyz' before and she's been town IIRC but as scum I think she would be likely to say this anyway, especially with me playing to try and seem town. I can tell you she does believe that its not hard to BS reads as scum.

Those were really the only posts from her ISO that interested me. The nothing scumread on me I didn't like but also sadly NAI. Her level of activity is also NAI. Basically its a bunch of NAI however normally by this point she's said at least something that would make me think she was town so right now she's probably on the scummier side, also POE.
@FancyPants I don't really get why you 'really don't like Goldfish' seems rather extreme based off very little, especially the 'no questions asked' bit, thats not what town wants in mafia. I don't see anything that could make you so sure besides how you think inactive or emojis is scummy, which I dont agree with.
The bolded sentence is what I want to talk about.

Cat I specifically asked you about this because in one of the scum games of her I read she displays this kind of behaviour in: Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=89376)

You even pick up on it at one point saying (the following quote is not from this game everyone):
In post 219, Cat.Jpeg wrote:From town to scum (but imagine catboi and GM are tied)
Goldfish, stop referencing what you would do normally as scum, showing your so aware of it and telling people means you actually wouldnt do that as scum unless you were trying to lose.
And Goldfish was scum that game.

So yeah...
IDK if you're misremembering or if Goldfish does this kind of thing in ALL of her games, I'm not quite bored enough to read every one of her town games.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:53 am

Post by FancyPants »

So yeah it's Goldfish.
- Based on appeasement.
- Based on my meta.
- Based on her "misremembering" about how she behaves as scum and using it as a defense.
- Based on avoiding this game while under pressure.

Also worst case if I'm wrong, she's not helpful as a townie anyway.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:54 am

Post by FancyPants »

Oh I forgot, based on jumping on the obv-town Elemk wagon. (OK this one is a bit of a joke).
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Rad »

In post 178, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Elemk's opening is REALLY awkward, but I think it's more likely to be town that scum. I'd like to see more posts.
In post 292, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 274, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 242, FancyPants wrote:Also if you don't mind can you ISO Spartan and tell me what you think?
Yes, I'll do that now. Expect to hear back in a few hours-ish.
Edit: I'm sorry i really don't have time to do this properly rn. From what I've seen the iso looks good, when I have time I'll go through and give comments on individual posts.

I think the elmek slot is scum.
Goldfish was there anything specific between these 2 posts that changed your read on the elemk slot?
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Juice »

The game feels like - we are in the departure lounge in an Airport. All flights cancelled - and no one is under any sort of pressure.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Rad »

Lol juice absolutely

Let's fire up a party in the waiting lounge

VOTE: goldfish
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Rad »

Less ted talks more momentum! We got like 4 people giving Ted talks here. Tbh if I wasn't phone posting this week we'd have 5. That kind of game is so hard to read. Let's make some moves and see what comes of it.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Juice »

Although I have no real reads on Goldfish - I am prepared that my null views on them, could easily be scum. For the sake of getting some traction going.

UNVOTE VOTE: Goldfish

Waste of my time voting for a slot that doesn't even have a player
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Rad »

Ordered towniest to scumiest:

FancyPants
Spartan
Bulba
Juice
Cat
Alwaysnever
Goldfish
Elemk

I'm willing to jump to elemk here if we decide but also wouldn't mind giving a replacement a chance to play

Fancypants is closest to lock town for me though I do see Spartan's point about this style being doable by scum. It feels distinctly different from bbt in that bbt is aggro in both alignments and though fancy is also aggro at times, I've never seen anyone as openly solvey while being scum. Fancy's claim that his scum play differs greatly sounds sincere, follows with his open solvey approach, and I can empathize with it.

Alwaysnever is bordering on scum for similar reasons as fancy gave for goldfish. But he's one of the Ted talkers which is just difficult as scum so I'd avoid voting him today over goldfish and elemk.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Rad »

Juice if you're going to skip on goldfish and elemk for lack of content, who are you leaning towards next?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”