Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:07 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 2.03

with 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to make a decision. day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-08-18 01:15:00).

yeet
Dannflor [2]:
Radical Rat, furtiveglance
kutiplz [1]:
Vivax

not voting [7]:
Loki Dokie, Vulture, GuiltyLion, Aristeia, fireisredsir, Bell, Roden

mod notes~ this is a mod note.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:18 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1093, Vulture wrote:Ugh.

It doesn't really make sense to start with your strongest player in this position though, because you're already down a voice to help you sort through things, and you're like...

When you make your strongest player the one in the hot seat they lose the ability to vouch for themselves in a large capacity, because everything's under scrutiny. A weaker team might struggle to help push them through as the vote without making it obvious they're paired after the flip.

:V It's a temporary benefit for the present.
That was my initial take as well but scum is already down a point and town just needs two more to win and Kuti os clearly not a strong player. So it can be argued in reverse, if Kuti is scum here, would scum start off with arguably their weakest player?

Now here’s the thing, it’s extremely clear that Roden knows who I was and that is not - on MS anyway - easily pushable town and Dann knows I’m extremely difficult if almost impossible to miselim, so I find that chacterization of me to be somewhat disingenuous. I can count on one hand literally the number of times I’ve been miselimed on this site and it’s less than 5 and I’ve been playing on this site since 2018.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:23 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Actually it’s exactly 5, if you want to count a game I played anonymously but had replaced out of att the miselim took place but out of god even knows how many games I’ve played on this site, I would hardly refer to that as “easily pushable town”. :lol:
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1102, Loki Dokie wrote:Actually it’s exactly 5, if you want to count a game I played anonymously but had replaced out of att the miselim took place but out of god even knows how many games I’ve played on this site, I would hardly refer to that as “easily pushable town”. :lol:
I guess that depends on your perception. When you claim to be the king of liars like your name suggests, there‘s not really any reason not to want to elim you no matter the read.

I think that it‘s a deserved title. I like good pranks and have experience with living within some.

Regarding kuti Dannflor I believe that the argument Kuti would not vote me when town stands from what I was able to assess so far in some games. Sorry if I don‘t want to link.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Radical Rat »

My biggest issue now is the thing with Vulture.

At day start already coming in LAMISTY, then silence for a while, and once momentum seems to be shifting toward Dannflor, shows up and goes "Yes, you're right, it's Dannflor, we should speed through the day and also the people doing the actual work to case Dannflor are Mafia plants doing so for towncred!"

And sure, they backpedaled after being called on it, but that really doesn't help things for me.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Aristeia »

leaning towards voting for Dann atm

full catchup when I am home on Tuesday.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

ive been thinking a lot about why a scum team with dann would want to put Dann up first.

because it doesn't make a ton of sense to insert the strongest scum player in a 1v1 first,

i think specifically in the case where the scum team has 3 weak and 1 strong player.

the strong player doesnt think his voice is strong enough to shield the weak players as it will get drowned out by stronger town voices.

so instead the strong player goes first in order to create the illusion that there are more townread/stronger scum players within the town and shield the weaker players from scrutiny

this can fracture the townblock.

another benefit from this would be that town kuti getting misyeeted here would reset the balance of expectations and give "towncred" to the weaker scum players who need to pass through the gauntlet later.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1104, Radical Rat wrote:My biggest issue now is the thing with Vulture.

At day start already coming in LAMISTY, then silence for a while, and once momentum seems to be shifting toward Dannflor, shows up and goes "Yes, you're right, it's Dannflor, we should speed through the day and also the people doing the actual work to case Dannflor are Mafia plants doing so for towncred!"

And sure, they backpedaled after being called on it, but that really doesn't help things for me.
That slot is likely 'machine', yes
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1103, Vivax wrote:
In post 1102, Loki Dokie wrote:Actually it’s exactly 5, if you want to count a game I played anonymously but had replaced out of att the miselim took place but out of god even knows how many games I’ve played on this site, I would hardly refer to that as “easily pushable town”. :lol:
I guess that depends on your perception. When you claim to be the king of liars like your name suggests, there‘s not really any reason not to want to elim you no matter the read.

I think that it‘s a deserved title. I like good pranks and have experience with living within some.

Regarding kuti Dannflor I believe that the argument Kuti would not vote me when town stands from what I was able to assess so far in some games. Sorry if I don‘t want to link.
Wrt to the first part, you seriously have to be trolling with this. There’s no way that can be a real thought.

Well you don’t have to link but why couldn’t town!Kuti have voted you here? It seems you have been often going out of yoir way to be extremely difficult to reaad?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Totally, did an entire 180 in fact, which I don’t understand at all.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1107, Vivax wrote:

That slot is likely 'machine', yes
But I definitely like this post.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Very interesting Ari. My strongest reason for voting Dann is that I think Vulture is > likely scum who first tried to presumably push us to vote Dann by shading anyone casing him, then when that fails spectacularly, does a complete 180 on that. Also Kitty shaded both of them.

VOTE: Dannflor
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1072, Vulture wrote:Wolves down bad.

Not to form a wolfy little narrative but I kind of want to bumrush through this day with a Dann elim. Feel decently okay about him being a wolf, and I think maybe the idea was for someone to like, really build up a case on Dann and flip and go throughout the game, hope wolves can get up to like 2-2 and then send it home for them.
Seems simplistic but this game is ? right now.
In post 1080, Vulture wrote:Oh, no shade to anyone in particular. Was just worldbuilding a potential for why Dann, if a wolf, was put up as an option.

It makes someone look good to be able to catch the deepwolf out, just like that. So, if he is wolf, discussion is good and all but denying someone the chance to like... nurture a ""good solve"" or credit as a wolf would be good.

Then again, I also think that this setup is like, super WIFOM-y and poweryeeting Dann prooooobably isn't good either. Even if I want to, due diligence, etc. I wanna feel like the strategist here.
In post 1093, Vulture wrote:Ugh.

It doesn't really make sense to start with your strongest player in this position though, because you're already down a voice to help you sort through things, and you're like...

When you make your strongest player the one in the hot seat they lose the ability to vouch for themselves in a large capacity, because everything's under scrutiny. A weaker team might struggle to help push them through as the vote without making it obvious they're paired after the flip.

:V It's a temporary benefit for the present.
@Vulture I would really love to understand the thought process here.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1108, Loki Dokie wrote:

Wrt to the first part, you seriously have to be trolling with this. There’s no way that can be a real thought.

Well you don’t have to link but why couldn’t town!Kuti have voted you here? It seems you have been often going out of yoir way to be extremely difficult to reaad?
The content of my posts is sometimes not digestible which can lead to states of congestion

I think I don't believe Kuti was SRing me and instead made it up to be able to fit on the wagon at the time which was on me.
Maf does need to somehow work together to achieve the miselim. I believe Loki and RR could be town and furtive maf though. The 3 on KittyTacky in the VC are likely clean I think at the moment.
In post 750, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.09

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-11 09:45:00).

yeet
KittyTacky [3]:
Bell, Aristeia, GuiltyLion
Vivax [3]:
Loki Dokie, Radical Rat, furtiveglance
furtiveglance [2]:
Roden, Greeting
Greeting [1]:
KittyTacky
Radical Rat [1]:
Vivax
kutiplz [1]:
fireisredsir

not voting [2]:
kutiplz, Dannflor

In post 753, kutiplz wrote:Town ish vibes:

GuiltyLion: my first tr of the game, very much like they were in our previous games, just overall a gut and soul read
Loki: feeling good about this slot, their solving is logical (like how they are doing it in the thread), I like the effort to look into Vivax old game. In p#602
Greetign: weakest of the three, I feel like her emotions have been genuine. Dunno how to feel about the buddying
Kitty: weakest of them all, a town lean, their tone is genuine and maybe im weak to it.

Scummy vibes:
Dann: I feel like they kinda fell off since the beginning (I know I'm being a hypocrite)
Ari: I dunno how to feel about them trying to buddy everyone and her post have been agenda driven
Vivax: his tone and what not is not what I'm used to. He doesn't feel towny because he's missing his trademark tinfoil. I am sus of him
VOTE: vivax
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1113, Vivax wrote:
In post 1108, Loki Dokie wrote:

The content of my posts is sometimes not digestible which can lead to states of congestion

I think I don't believe Kuti was SRing me and instead made it up to be able to fit on the wagon at the time which was on me.
Maf does need to somehow work together to achieve the miselim. I believe Loki and RR could be town and furtive maf though. The 3 on KittyTacky in the VC are likely clean I think at the moment.
In post 750, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.09

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-11 09:45:00).

yeet
KittyTacky [3]:
Bell, Aristeia, GuiltyLion
Vivax [3]:
Loki Dokie, Radical Rat, furtiveglance
furtiveglance [2]:
Roden, Greeting
Greeting [1]:
KittyTacky
Radical Rat [1]:
Vivax
kutiplz [1]:
fireisredsir

not voting [2]:
kutiplz, Dannflor

In post 753, kutiplz wrote:Town ish vibes:

GuiltyLion: my first tr of the game, very much like they were in our previous games, just overall a gut and soul read
Loki: feeling good about this slot, their solving is logical (like how they are doing it in the thread), I like the effort to look into Vivax old game. In p#602
Greetign: weakest of the three, I feel like her emotions have been genuine. Dunno how to feel about the buddying
Kitty: weakest of them all, a town lean, their tone is genuine and maybe im weak to it.

Scummy vibes:
Dann: I feel like they kinda fell off since the beginning (I know I'm being a hypocrite)
Ari: I dunno how to feel about them trying to buddy everyone and her post have been agenda driven
Vivax: his tone and what not is not what I'm used to. He doesn't feel towny because he's missing his trademark tinfoil. I am sus of him
VOTE: vivax
I like this post but it makes me feel better about you than Dann though but I’ll unvote for now and think more on it.

UNVOTE:
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

I agree that Bell, GL and Ari are very likely alltown.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 833, Dannflor wrote:All I know is that my gut reaction to the Vivax wagon is disgust

VOTE: KittyTacky
My reaction to this is if Dann is scum, this could possibly be a pocket because eventhough I’m leaning to Vivax being possibly town now, I did hard sr him until pretty close to when I unvoted him, so unfortunately his post helps me a lot more with my read on him > Dann v Kuti. :/
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Hi, I'm still alive.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:21 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Ask me anything.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Vivax »

[quote="In post 1118, furtiveglance"][/quote]

Anything
?

Can you think of all the things (from people to experiences) that can potentially lie to you in this game?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1119, Vivax wrote:
Anything
?

Can you think of all the things (from people to experiences) that can potentially lie to you in this game?
Yeah, big one is the other players. My own brain could lie to me, if I read into the wrong things. Nothing else really comes to mind. I'm guessing you have a more extensive list.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1120, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1119, Vivax wrote:
Anything
?

Yeah, big one is the other players. My own brain could lie to me, if I read into the wrong things. Nothing else really comes to mind. I'm guessing you have a more extensive list.
How far can you go if you start thinking about the biggest lie imaginable?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think that people can live a lie. go through their whole life pretending to be something they're not

thats prob the biggest lie i can imagine, especially if you're lying to yourself about it as well
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

uh anyway i still just kinda think maf was betting on the fact that enough people will wifom their way into thinking it's dann (it only takes 3/7 town to vote wrong for maf to take advantage) for it to be worth the risk of taking him out

i just have a really hard time believing that maf would willingly sacrifice him here and i think that overthinking in this setup is probably likely to be bad
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:06 am

Post by fireisredsir »

like imagining worst cases here

say dann is maf. we vote for kuti. okay, oops. we're 1-1 now, but maf lost a strong player who was widely townread. like... okay? im not too sad about that trade

say kuti is maf. we vote out dann. um, oops. now we're 1-1, maf was able to sneak a player out who hadn't done much, and also get rid of a strong town player who was widely townread, and did not get at all punished for that

Return to “Completed Open Games”