Newbie 2099 | GTA San Andreas | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Juice »

VOTE: BBT

il be asleep by the time the deadline passes - it is what it is
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Rad »

16 hours till deadline
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Juice »

UNVOTE:

just realise the deadline counts down by itself - was working it out myself in my head from the time it was posted
guess BBT got a bit more time
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

sorry I'm back! will reread rn!
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

as far as i'm aware it's now 3 votes each on Cat & BBT? Juice has just unovted & my vote is still on Spartan
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

since it looks like those are the only possible options i will finish reading the new posts & ISO BBT which i still haven't done & will vote between Cat & BBT to get this day over with
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 905, flowerdogs wrote:since it looks like those are the only possible options i will finish reading the new posts & ISO BBT which i still haven't done & will vote between Cat & BBT to get this day over with
since as far as i'm aware Juice is ok with either option
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 870, Spartan117 wrote:Which is fine, the fact you voted me doesn't matter in my opinion, its more you took your vote off a pressure increasing wagon when you saw it might go from e-4 before your vote to e-1 after my vote and a potential juice vote.
I woke up this morning and quickly skimmed through and saw bulbas vote on BBT thinking he was now at E-1 but alas you removed your vote from BBT.
Which I get the feeling that you had put your vote out into your respective scum pool and then taken it off after the slot received more pressure, because maybe BBT is your scum partner that you are trying to distance from?

What also pinged me that led me to this thought process is what I believe bulba has mentioned recently about BBT which I have been thinking since the first instance in day 1, that BBT very assuredly town read AlwaysNever this same slot as Flower with them being a very inactive slot leading them to sub out, I never understood why BBT was so certain of this slots alignment unless he knew something we didn't even before the first night phase which is only possible for scum partners. To the point of him defending them I believe not just once but multiple times, I'd have to go check to find it.

With BBT not around and a lot of attention on Cat and Bulba it looks like an appropriate time for Flower a slot that BBT so assuredly town reads to put their vote on them in the background while as Juice seems to feel like we can eliminate Cat today and BBT will be eliminated for sure tomorrow, I'm not as certain this will happen.

yeah this is all completely fair -- & i have mentioned, in my initial reads list, that i didn't understand the strength of BBT's townread on my slot. after Juice revealed xyr gambit on Cat, the thought did flash through my mind that BBT was doing something similar. basically i understand if anyone pairs me/BBT.

at this moment, before ISO-ing BBT & before reading his posts since i think he has since posted?, i would still prefer voting BBT to Cat
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 871, Juice wrote:clear obstructive move
it's like -- as i've said, i don't scumread cat. & i need to re-evaluate BBT rn. the fact that game days are so long is like... just a fact. i would rather put my vote on someone i think is scum than super quickly hammering someone i'm less sure about; & either way the vote will go through at end of game day. i'm not trying to obstruct town. ofc i understand why you may be frustrated by that & i'm sorry! & if anyone wants to start a wagon on me they are free to -- i'm curious who would join
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 873, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 835, flowerdogs wrote:
i'm feeling quite lost -- does anyone want to help me out...

for the record I'm fine with voting BBT today

when i came to the point in my reads where i had Bulb & BBT in my PoE i felt like i had a good grasp on the game & now i don't at all!! i like Bulb's responses to my posts. two of my top town reads townread him (Fancy & now, post-gambit, Juice). no one else has had a similarly positive reaction to Cat's posts today (day two). my PoE right now is just BBT which makes me pretty bad &, since i don't really have any scumreads & just PoE to work with, that makes me feel pretty bad!

Can you not do this? Thanks
if you're referring to my tone here then i agree! i don't like this post of mine
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 875, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Its an inconvenient time but I cant talk right now. I will read everything and post before the deadline but it might only be like 7 hrs before and some of you might now be active in time to read if.
oh then can we please wait & hear this then?
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 885, Juice wrote:flowerdogs - you're vote is such a clear prevention of a wagon. I honestly think we might be just flipping to you.
do it! i don't particularly love the feeling of being read as newbie town (i feel bad leaning into a little in the post BBT referred to but whatever!) -- so if you want to push me i can defend myself
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 900, Juice wrote:VOTE: BBT

il be asleep by the time the deadline passes - it is what it is
ok, based on your last posts from pg. 36, it seems very clear that you are ok with either a Cat or BBT elim today. i think we might as well wait for cat to post (it should be soon based on their last post talking about when they would post?). i will now 1.) ISO BBT, 2.) decide for myself if i will vote Cat or BBT, but 3.) won't post again or vote until Cat posts because i want to know their reads without knowing if my mind has changed (if you think this is dumb, tell me & i won't do this) + i do wanna hear more from them, 4.) vote between Cat & BBT which will be the de facto hammer if Juice you don't wake up in time to actually hammer

i understand Juice's annoyance with a vote being delayed until close to the mechanical limit but i think it's pretty clear that more time / more interactions help town especially as more flips occur
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

actually after reading BBT's ISO & reevaluating my town read on Cat, i'm just going to do this:

VOTE: Cat E-1, & Juice can just hammer if xe wants to, whenever / i am never voting BBT over Cat today

reading BBT's ISO i find way more townier moments than in Cat's & i don't think any late Cat post will change this; & ok i agree that my reasons for townreading Cat were weak. rn i'm still just null on Cat :/... but i'm back to town-leaning BBT. i do tend to townread the kind of tone that Bulb & BBT have been using during late day two in their rereads of the thread (like, basically, friendly-ish / trying to be constructive; i can see BBT trying to pocket me after seeing how quickly i started moving Bulb into my townleans & then engaging in the thread & with me in a similar way if i let myself tinfoil) but those are not my only reasons.

legacy readslist if i somehow die tn!

town

Juice
Fancy

townlean

Bulb
BBT

PoE

Cat
Rad

scum

Spartan (do read my case)

the stalest reads on this list are Fancy & Juice (have not reread since forever), & Rad (still yet to do a full ISO on)
the social revolution of the nineteenth century cannot take its poetry from the past but only from the future :oops:
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

flower is creeping into my stronger townreads the more they post.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

I get how flower feels about BBT. I am getting the same vibe and I am so tempted to just hammer cat but I am so hung up on that one post I mentioned.
flowerdogs
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
flowerdogs
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by flowerdogs »

In post 739, flowerdogs wrote:
In post 737, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 692, flowerdogs wrote:I’m actually still undecided on Cat or Bulb – I do think Cat’s Post 642 reads very scummy but Cat’s other posts, especially their latest posts read as genuine & frustrated town. I know the reasons Juice strongly townreads Cat & will consider that seriously.
Why is that post was scummy. The other people who looked like potential eliminations/scum, BBT and Bulba, are clearly not paired with me. Also the case on me is practically the same as the one on Goldfish thus goldfish 2.0.
you're right! it's not super scummy i guess. it pings me because it's like -- ok we eliminate someone else, if that person flips town we're back where we started. if that person flips wolf then it's like you're setting yourself up to be free from suspicion indefinitely in a world where you're also wolf & your partner has been bussing you. (which, if you are wolf, they probably are bc i don't see anyone really defending you. besides Juice. & i guess Spartan pushing Bulb)

it's not a great train of thought but i think you can see... the train of thought
In post 915, Bulbazoor wrote:I get how flower feels about BBT. I am getting the same vibe and I am so tempted to just hammer cat but I am so hung up on that one post I mentioned.
@Bulb -- i think you are referring to Cat's post 642 (it's the one you mentioned pretty recently i think?) -- interestingly, that's the one post by Cat that i find particularly wolfy. the pairing-logic in 642 pings me -- i can definitely see w!Cat using it to defend themself. i think it's NAI at very best?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 901, Rad wrote:16 hours till deadline
Why didn't you respond to me?
In post 913, flowerdogs wrote:i can see BBT trying to pocket me after seeing how quickly i started moving Bulb into my townleans & then engaging in the thread & with me in a similar way if i let myself tinfoil) but those are not my only reasons.
Sorry, can you talk me through this?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:39 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Vote Count 2.06
————

Cat.Jpeg (4):
BlueBloodedToffee, FancyPants, Rad, flowerdogs
[E-1]

BlueBloodedToffee (3):
Cat.Jpeg, Spartan117, Bulbazoor

Not Voting (1):
Juice

With 8 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 2 is August 23 at 01:20 AM GMT +8

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-08-23 01:20:00)
Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Im even more glad that there was no nk otherwise I would be dead by now. i will read.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by FancyPants »

I think you should probably claim Cat.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:53 pm

Post by FancyPants »

There is 7 hours to deadline.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

yea okay, im still reading because i procrastinated, im vanilla townie
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

i have been writing down posts i want to respond to
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:58 pm

Post by Juice »

well if Cat flips town [then its Spartan/Flower] & BBT - and we get BBT tomorrow.

If Cat flips scum. Then we get BBT tomorrow.

If I die tonight - remember FP has to 100% be town.

VOTE: Cat

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”