Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 am

Post by DeltaWave »

if i'm not 100% clear, my point is that none of these activities are useful in the slightest and seem intended to make juice difficult to read
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:34 am

Post by Greeting »

UNVOTE: Nuclear Gandhi

I will catch up tomorrow.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 370, Juice wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: DeltaWave

this Penguin is looking for an easy lynch - just because ive been a bit inactive
In post 372, Juice wrote:Ausuka is town for sure.
In post 373, Frogsterking wrote:Juice, is that an intuitive read or did Ausuka do something you townread for?
I could use some elaboration on your process, Juice. If you want me to trust you then the most efficient path is to help me understand you.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by inutile »

a bunch of these links are to the member pages of the users who posted them rather than to the post themselves - you can use [ post ] number [ / post ] example instead of copy pasting
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- I guess what looked like inutile narrating Ausuka's play but then trying to diffuse the situation when asked about why, it was really him thinking out loud.
if you would prefer to use a gendered pronoun when referring to me instead of it that is okay but please use she/her if so
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- inutile, if you read this, what did you mean by "traction" in 70? viewtopic.php?p=13480622#p13480622
it felt like deltawave may have been trying to see if my wagon might be feasible, like testing the waters
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- Really wish inutile in 74 viewtopic.php?p=13480627#p13480627 didn't leave his comment to implications and instead said what they think. What's the point other than off hand shade throwing? If you throw shades at least don't leave them to implications and say what you mean.
but noting it is what i thought; i thought it was a potentially noteworthy vote, as it was an unvote by someone who hadn't been posting in the thread at the time immediately following someone else voting me, so i wanted to remember it happened
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- due to 90 viewtopic.php?p=13480744#p13480744 I've the feeling that inutile is the type of person who's super easy to get voted out if you're Mafia, all you need is to sus them and their focus will be limited to defending themselves, which can only lead to their overall game contribution to look nothing but scummy. I think we should give inutile some breathing room. Again, I'm super certain that slot is easily solvable in the long run.
uhh

i have never been eliminated day one and i have been voted out a total of once ever as town so no i do not think i am the type of person who is super easy to get voted out

like i often get briefly suspected early in games because people say i am "weird" when really they are mostly just noting that my brain works differently and sure sometimes mafia push me because they have to

but sure yes i do get preoccupied by things of the sort at times and that is why when ausuka voted me for instance i asked that they please try to sort me immediately if town because i know it hurts the game
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- At this point in game inutile is/was such a low hanging fruit, that I think 95 viewtopic.php?p=13480777#p13480777 is a good look for Ausuka. Not by much, because multiple people called inutile town by this point. But I do believe a inutile miselim would had been an easy path for a wolf!Ausuka.
but anyone familiar with me or partnered with someone familiar with me would potentially know that the chances on my becoming widely townread there would be fairly high so i wouldn't give too much weight to ausuka townreading me like you are saying i was low hanging fruit but yeah i was already being townread by others and i think even mafias unfamiliar with me at that point might realize it wasn't a good angle

but ausuka would have to be a very 'finger on the pulse' sort of player as mafia to be mafia here, which isn't impossible but it seems more likely to me right now that ausuka simply realized that it wasn't an alignment thing but rather a personality thing they were keying on
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 345, hoppip wrote:inutile, hutmeil, Mohab500, hopefully you three can vote soon, even if you vote me I think it would be helpful to see where you want to push!
i will vote when i would like for the person i am voting to be eliminated or at the very least to claim
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 379, inutile wrote:
In post 345, hoppip wrote:inutile, hutmeil, Mohab500, hopefully you three can vote soon, even if you vote me I think it would be helpful to see where you want to push!
i will vote when i would like for the person i am voting to be eliminated or at the very least to claim
wait hm

do you do you do you do you do you do you think i would be likely to vote for you right now if i were to vote?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 324, Ausuka wrote:
In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:I was out today. I'll be able to post more this time tomorrow. In short, Deltawave has been giving some good stuff and I quite like it, enough to unvote. I think Eiralox looks worse from their back and forth and I think the "I faked a read to test reactions" is easily faked and not amazing townplay in any case. BBT is a bit sus but not enough to vote yet. I'll vote Juice because they laughed about being sussed for RVS or something and it was weird.

VOTE: Juice
I think this post is scummy - part of it is just that it feels a bit slimy? But I'm particular I don't get the eiralox read and I think the push on Juice is opportunistic and unlikely to lead to much while being a seemingly safe route for scum - I think town would be more likely to expand on the BBT read or push Eiralox harder since it's more likely to generate AI content at this stage
You may be thinking that he's limbait, but looking into his ISO, is there anything to townread
Juice
for?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Greeting »

I agree with the pressure on
Juice
. Or anyone from my PoE to be honest (). One could say that the slot might not get any townier (or scummier) with pressure, but leaving these kinds of slots be is perfect for mafia, because they will never be townread, and horrible for town sorting. The game has now been going for a few good days and he's given very little.

I'll wait for the tally and then probably jump in.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:41 pm

Post by Greeting »

@mod

V/LA until the 27th. Will probably post in the midst, but not very often
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by hoppip »

In post 354, DeltaWave wrote:Hoppip - how did you get into a normal game when you've been here for like a week? i thought you had to do a newbie game first.

have you played mafia before on this site or other sites?

wanted to ask before i jump up and down on your logic from several pages back (tried to quote it but it didn't take)
I'm not new to mafia, but I'm not a super serious player either, I just like to vibe and poke my scum reads. :P
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by hoppip »

In post 380, inutile wrote:
In post 379, inutile wrote:
wait hm

do you do you do you do you do you do you think i would be likely to vote for you right now if i were to vote?
Mmmmmaybe, you do seem pretty uneasy around me.

But do I think you would make a push on me? Probably not. I would be surprised if you did but also interested to see who followed you.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by hoppip »

Main reason I'd like for you to vote though is because you've become a focal point in the game, yet I don't really know who you scum read. You're butting heads with other players but it doesn't really
mean
anything, you know? Less defense, more offense, please.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by hoppip »

In post 370, Juice wrote:UNVOTE:

this Penguin is looking for an easy lynch - just because ive been a bit inactive
I'd say a little more than a bit~

It's been five days, time to wake up and start playing
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Highly likely to be scum. 5 days in and 0 game solving.

Will be catching up on this properly later today.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 381, Greeting wrote:
In post 324, Ausuka wrote:
In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:I was out today. I'll be able to post more this time tomorrow. In short, Deltawave has been giving some good stuff and I quite like it, enough to unvote. I think Eiralox looks worse from their back and forth and I think the "I faked a read to test reactions" is easily faked and not amazing townplay in any case. BBT is a bit sus but not enough to vote yet. I'll vote Juice because they laughed about being sussed for RVS or something and it was weird.

I think this post is scummy - part of it is just that it feels a bit slimy? But I'm particular I don't get the eiralox read and I think the push on Juice is opportunistic and unlikely to lead to much while being a seemingly safe route for scum - I think town would be more likely to expand on the BBT read or push Eiralox harder since it's more likely to generate AI content at this stage
You may be thinking that he's limbait, but looking into his ISO, is there anything to townread
Juice
for?
No. Juice could definitely be scum. I just think it's weird to pressure there instead of other scumreads at this point. Like, I don't have an issue with compromise eliminating them at some point, but I feel like this game has been lethargic almost from the start and I'm just dubious that this is the road we should be going down right now.

Whatever though. Hopefully this does actually help us sort Juice or whatever.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:22 pm

Post by Eiralox »

i kinda agree with ausuka. in general i like to play within the time we have, like give it at least three more days. i'm a fan of no exes on many day ones but i'm very certain that's not a thing that easily gains traction here so I rarely mention it, or rarely self-meta.

Can Juice be scum? Yes.

Are there slots that................................... have flown under the radar? Definitely. Ghandi has given me no satisfaction thus far. and many others besides.

So @juice if u town u gotta talk yo
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 386, hoppip wrote:Main reason I'd like for you to vote though is because you've become a focal point in the game, yet I don't really know who you scum read. You're butting heads with other players but it doesn't really
mean
so u basically come in to sorta shade inutile then vote juice, the wagon with most traction? any other pertinent thoughts on the game state?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 388, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Juice

Highly likely to be scum. 5 days in and 0 game solving.

Will be catching up on this properly later today.
you've been catching up for a while. the only concrete thing we really got from you is that readlist. and that's way dated. Is juice scum? fuck me i don't know. am i happy with a fast elim there? heck no.

You honestly havent been doing much solving urself imho. one big post, on read list, that's it.

hmmm.... is gandhi scum? if juice is town, is this a deflection off gandhiii? eh.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I'm not particularly suspicious of Gandhi. I don't like BBT either. I expect a lot more content than this from him and the fact he's pushing others for the same thing makes me concerned
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: hoppip

I wasn't fond of his push on Delta in the first place and I agree his approach to inutile feels somewhat slimy.

Join me Eiralox we will fight the good fight together
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 386, hoppip wrote:Main reason I'd like for you to vote though is because you've become a focal point in the game, yet I don't really know who you scum read. You're butting heads with other players but it doesn't really
mean
see the thing is some people don't always vote without due reason. sometimes i'm exactly like that. so you tunneling towards inutile on this is either a bad play or a "push for the sake of a push."

I really haven't seen any game-relevant, alignment-relevant content come from you thus far.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Eiralox »

holy buffalo manure
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Eiralox »

egh alea jecta est

VOTE: hoppip

@gandhi can shift back to u on a needle's drop
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 283, hoppip wrote:
In post 192, hoppip wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 171, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 163, Ausuka wrote:
In post 143, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 120, Ausuka wrote:
In post 113, furtiveglance wrote:Here are some reads of mine.

Consensus (or close to consensus) reads I have:

Frogsterking, Ausuka, Inutile, Hoppip Town

Reads that aren't consensus (I think):

Nuclear Ghandhi Town, Mohab sus, DeltaWave sus
In post 67, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
This has big "how do you do fellow kids" energy

VOTE: Inutile
I sus DeltaWave for this, and I think their delayed omgus style interaction with hoppip () also is mafia.

I'd like if you could elaborate on your townreads.

Can you elaborate on your thoughts on 83 as well? I really do not see what you're seeing there
I missed this intially because I posted right after. I townread you for the progression on inutile, it looked natural. Frogsterking is making a lot of reads early on which I usually find towny. Inutile and Hoppip both just seem to have an innocent kind of energy, I can see their approaches to the game being from a town perspective.

interested me because DeltaWave says Hoppip is acting sus after their interaction in , in which Hoppip said DeltaWave 'shaded Inutile for superficial reasons', which is what it looked like to me as well. Hence I called it a delayed omgus.
Ok, the townreads don't do a lot for me but to be fair it is very early in the game, so

I don't think hoppip was really calling Delta suspicious in post 82. He seemed to be saying that Delta's point is bad but he's not necessarily scum for it. In any case, I'm still not really sure what you mean and why you find it suspicious - it's only one post after so not really delayed, and anyway don't you think town could suspect someone who they're in some sort of confrontation with? The idea of 'delayed omgus' just feels off to me honestly.
Ok, you're right that delayed omgus isn't the right term. It's a knee-jerk reaction nonetheless, it felt to me that DeltaWave didn't want to allow Hoppip to put a bit of sus on them without getting the last word. As to whether or not Hoppip did put sus on DeltaWave, I would argue the answer is yes, whether intentional or otherwise. They said that DeltaWave 'looked bad' to them. So I read into that a bit, I thought DeltaWave looked worse from the whole interaction. I understand your issue with buzzwords like 'omgus', I have the same thing. But in this case I thought it was notable that DeltaWave didn't let it slide, they said they would respond later but made the point of saying that hoppip was being 'somewhat sus'.

Delta wanting to get the last word was interesting to me. Makes it seem like it was for the sake of their ego rather than agenda-driven. I get the feeling that they tend to suspect people based on their own perspective of how Mafia should be played instead of an individual player-to-player basis.

When I get some free time, I'll look through their past games and see if this is something that they can recreate in their scum games.
VOTE: Delta

Doesn't seem like they have any recent completed games, last one was seven years ago. I think it looks pretty bad that they didn't think to mention that a meta dive on their past games would be fruitless and out of date. I think that's worth a pressure vote or two.

Besides, who doesn't love competing wagons? :cool:
I should probably elaborate on why I don't like this. The original post he made about Delta was pretty waffly but if anything came down on the side of town Delta. I understand that the wagon on Delta could make town hoppip more likely to vote there but this progression just does not read as natural to me. I don't believe that hoppip believes that delta didn't bring up his absence from the site as like, some sort of scum strategy? And in the absence of evidence that Delta is capable of this, I have to wonder what happened to their original leaning that this is town Delta.
I think hoppip has quite a few posts and questions that are certainly game related but feel more like they're made for the sake of posting than anything else. I think this post is a good example but since everyone has a different view of the gamestate I'd just encourage people to iso him and see if they agree - if a lot of people do this read is probably valid.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by Eiralox »

by game related i don't mean asking people to do something but proactively hunting yourself. asking others to hunt while you aren't doing much hunting yourself is by default not a game-advancing strategy in my mind. I can bear lurkers. what always pings me tho is lurkey slots accusing other slots of being lurkey. if those slots vote there.... well then my ping becomes a bell tolling in my skull.

cos i get inutile seemed very, very very scummy the first few pages. I shared that vibe. But through later actions inutile remains in my townlocks. So would scum hopip focus like this on inutile? not a factor in my analyses. In general, in wording, by votes, I just have no idea what inutile is thinking or doing. And it feels.... did Ausuka say slimy? Sorta?

well......

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”